[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

8 hours ago, jd50 said:

@justamom said that the ticket was given in "Hannam..... a rich people area". Curious to see how that adds up and what else her tutor has to say about the conversation between TW and MW.

Ah sorry I forgot to reply. Myung Woo said "If only you had the patience (endurance), all of that would not have happened." The conversation about the witness happened earlier, so MW clearly means the torment that TW put HR through. I.e. he did his own investigation and he knows that TW knows that HR is innocent from the start. But he still made her go under investigation/public scrutiny because he was angry with her.

@V noooo...Hye Ran's despairing expression killed me right there....

(edit)

some interesting thoughts there. what is love?

For Myung Woo, Hye Ran was someone pure and good he wanted to protect, but he ended up killing someone in anger because of the thought that someone else might have violated her.

For Kevin, Hye Ran was the last woman he loved, but his anger and frustration at not being able to have her was enough to want to bring her down - along with himself. "Let's go back down to the bottom and start again when we both had nothing."

And for Tae Wook, he loved her so much...that he probably killed for her, then let her come under suspicion because he knew he could clear her name, save her from the muck, and the two of them could lead their lives anew without the stain of Kevin's death.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Nooooo... I think we're heading to a non-happy ending :bawling:

I don't need a happy ending, I want a satisfying ending for this thrilling, immersive show.

So as much as I love me some Ji Jin Hee, I can see Go Hye Ran's character arc coming to its end.

Ambitious, "my way or the highway" and I don't give a dxxx at the start, she's learnt to slow down and care about people next to and behind her. And most of all, she's learnt to love and let herself fall in love.

On 3/20/2018 at 6:42 PM, jd50 said:

I also find that the noticeable writing errors in the legal and investigative process make me doubt whether events are intentionally suspicious or just plain errors in writing. I'll give an example that has taken me down a very, very, nutty path:

I've been pondering MW's accusation that TW used the trial to punish HR. MW bugged TW's office and clearly lurks around as we saw when he came out of nowhere to save TW in the parking garage. I feel completely ridiculous saying this but what if TW knows this and thought he could punish HR and carefully outwit MW? When HR was brought in for questioning, TW was out drinking and missed her calls for an entire night. I immediately thought it odd that TW woke up and asked the people with the blue boxes what was going on. For pity's sake, TW was a prosecutor and should have known very well what those boxes meant! It made me suspicious that he knew all along they were coming. Or, it could have been sloppy writing. TW also could have been drinking those two bottles of whiskey out in a bar so MW could see him if he was spying. Or have a very public excuse for not being at HR’s side. If TW was secretly scheming, he certainly punished HR with the stress of enduring custody on her own with only the help of that hapless lawyer. Then, he gallantly came to the rescue. It sounds silly to me as I write it, but errors like this make me wonder!

BTW, if MW is saying that TW was punishing HR with the help of Kang Yool through the trial, it doesn't mean that TW is necessarily the killer. MW calls TW out on HR being a stain on his perfect life. I'm guessing that it could mean that TW set up the fake witness and maybe even the prosecution of a really lousy case with the help of KY to publicly cleanse HR. He did have that strange conversation with her about forgetting and resetting. It is not normal to never talk about what happened with Kevin.

I don't think it's that nutty because there are so many gaps in our knowledge of what happened that night and afterwards that even a Kevin twin would be plausible. I've been thinking about a complaint I made a few weeks back about how little TW there was in the drama! :D Maybe the scenario that you've outlined is not that far-fetched because while all eyes were on HR, EJ and JBC, TW was behind the scenes scheming like the nefarious Machiavellian that he truly is, killing two birds with a stone: throwing the incompetent coppers off his scent and trying to make HR's life a hellish nightmare. :tongue: 

This is why I haven't made up my mind if the writing about the investigation into Kevin's death is what's lacking OR whether the writer has deliberately left gaps to frustrate the audience with the incompetence of the LEOs and prosecution to maintain that aura of mystery right to the bitter end. It's quite possible that s/he bit off more than s/he could chew. But I can't be certain of that until the very last episode.

My experience of K dramas as a whole is that they're not rigorous on the writing of police procedurals. Even the best ones I've seen on OCN and tvN have issues. Often the desire to be admantanly political gets in the way.

Agree wholeheartedly with your comments about MW as a contrast to TW.

On 3/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, ktcjdrama said:

As of now, I am finally fine if TW turned out to be the killer (though I still doubt it) as long as there is a good explanation of how it happened, including answers to our very specific and nagging questions: 1) how did the brooch get in the car? 2) how did HR's sd card get into the pocket of Kevin's jacket?

Regarding the detective, he is either a very weakly written character, or he is purposely written as so because there will be a good explanation in the finale week. 

I am now more worried about getting a mediocre, or even nonsensical ending, to this great drama than discovering TW is Kevin's murderer. Sorry TW, and JJH... :tongue: 

And if I may add, with all the build up, I honestly will be a tad disappointed if Kevin's death was pure accident... LOL

I take a different view... maybe the opposite view even... :wink:

So far it hasn't even been proven that Kevin was killed. (Sorry I keep banging away on that) The question I want answered isn't "Who killed Kevin?" BUT "Was Kevin Killed?"

To me an accident resolution would be a strong repudiation of the dog's breakfast that was the police investigation and the trial. It would also a clear demonstration of how easy it is to politicize and blow something completely out of proportion by the media, LEOs and general public. It's far too easy to construct a reality that is far removed from the truth with just the thinnest amount of evidence. Understandably we think the worst... and why not... but there are times when we do get it wrong.  

Of course I would prefer that TW not be Kevin's killer but if he is... so be it... as long as it can be explained to everybody's satisfaction. Right now there is nothing concrete to make me think with absolute certainty that he's guilty of killing Kevin.

I don't want TW to be the killer just so the writer can pull a twist... although it's hardly a twist now with all the speculation that's going on around the web. :wink:

If I'm forced to give an answer as to what I think, I suspect the truth is actually very simple and even anti-climactic which is why the writer has for so long avoided revealing any more about what Kev did that night. But the reality is, I cannot be certain because so much information has been withheld from us.

@maddymappo Thanks for bringing up some other issues that I'd forgotten particularly regarding the detective's non-investigation of HJW. You'd think she'd be the prime suspect or at least a contender because she at least had a proven, acknowledged relationship with Kevin.

I'd also add that a lot of the prejudice that Detective Kang may have against HR might also to do with her being a prominent media figure and the suspicion that she is using her position as the JBC anchor and the daughter-in-law of a respected legal family to protect herself from scrutiny. Especially because he knows that she was connected with HMW and the dead jeweller. 

Whatever the faults of the writing might be with regards to the death of Kevin, there's no doubt that the writer has given us well-written, layered characters who aren't outright good guys or baddies. I'd personally be sorry if anyone of them were guilty of killing Kevin.

@bebebisous33 Well, that's true. :wink: Thank you for reminding me of that first encounter that seems like a distant memory these days. Drama cops often pull stunts like this to get info out of persons of interest in the early stages so I'm a bit more forgiving more than most. At least he had the brooch which is much more than I've seen in other interrogations.

I won't defend the detective at this stage, certainly not after what he said at the trial because he has contributed to the obfuscation of the Kevin Lee case and drawn the gaze of the public and the audience into such a narrow focus. A decent detective should be suspicious of everyone connected to the case even the people they like and care about.

Anyway, thanks for interacting with me. I'll be keeping my head down until Sunday because of RL commitments. These days I feel like Oma's Cab Company. Hope we get a decent ending... not some ridiculous open ending like the ones we seem to be getting of late.

Okay so now I think I have an idea what JJH meant by those lines.... "True side of human and true side of love". I already guessed by the flashbacks that indeed he was the killer. But as I expected he did this because first of all he wanted Hye Ran to go through all the pain that he went through (well he went through a lot of pain) and secondly he wanted to portray as he would be by her side always no matter what. Am indeed sad, because I loved his dedication and love towards her but now I have questions regarding his love. Did he actually love her or was just obsessed? Why he didn't confront her about everything? Why he kept hanging even though it was killing him from inside? Well that's the true nature of human I guess. At the same time you be furious with the person you love and also don't have the courage to let them go. 

I just hope that the last two episode gives me an convincing answer. Otherwise it would have been vain all the way

Edit: whatever tae wook did is absolutely not acceptable. He made her suffer, when he is already in love with her. As far as Hye Ran is concerned, yes she did hurt him to the extreme but she already warned him that she might end up hurting him. But he was okay with that. She didn't realize she was in love with him. But when she realized that she asked him to leave because she knew how much it was hurting him and seeing him hurt she was feeling miserable. 

If it was Tw

He could have gone home and gotten the brooch from Hr while she was sleeping. Then after he killed KL he left the brooch in the car to frame her.  And someone else staged the accident.

Or

Hr saw KL that night before Tw arrived and lost the brooch.  Then Tw came - perhaps after he saw them together, and in a jealous rage kills KL and stages the accident.  

But how would Mw have known that?

On the bright side, there is that picture of JJH and KNJ  with a little baby.  I am really hoping for the best. 

16 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

If it was Tw

He could have gone home and gotten the brooch from Hr while she was sleeping. Then after he killed KL he left the brooch in the car to frame her.  And someone else staged the accident.

Or

Hr saw KL that night before Tw arrived and lost the brooch.  Then Tw came - perhaps after he saw them together, and in a jealous rage kills KL and stages the accident.  

But how would Mw have known that?

On the bright side, there is that picture of JJH and KNJ  with a little baby.  I am really hoping for the best. 

I really wanted them to be together after seeing how much Hye Ran loved him. He is the first person that she fell in love with. I don't think she had any such feelings for Kevin Lee when they were together. But now after seeing this..... I don't know about them. But I want Hye Ran to go after that Kang Yool and all the bad guys (even if it involves her husband)

The fact that theyre leading kang tae wook as the killer makes me think hes not the killer. Haha i feel that its eun joo is the killer or he just really died by accident. The preview that shows theyre on the bed it means its happy ending but at the same time hr crying in the news room. See the preview last ep 14 where the director is testifying..we thought hes going against hr then after watching the show we realized that he testified that the witness is a false witness has a grudge on hr.. so feel its going to be a happy ending. 

It appears that many of you have already decided that TW is the killer.  Based on what? I am not ready to make that leap.  All we know for sure is the TW saw KL and made a illegal U Turn and followed KL. We saw several flashbacks but none of them can put TW with KL at the time of his death.  The flashback of a foot getting on the bus, was it definitely TW? Why would he get on a bus?   We have a flashback of TW hitting someone, are we sure it was KL?  Some are willing to believe part of the witness testimony, although we know that he perjured himself.   Has anyone asked why the witness put the fight at the construction company property??? Did he witness KL with someone, however,  the person was connected with the construction company.  How do they figure in this plot, if at all? 

As I was reading the posts, someone asked, and I cannot remember who because I would like to credit them with their observation, about JW and laid out why it could be her...  JW was the last phone call KL received.  She never answered the detective's question about that call but threw the questions back in his face, in other words, why should she tell him why she called KL.  Yes, she was with KL up to the 9:00 o'clock news as she told the detective; however, she met with his wife EJ after he left.  It would be normal to call your lover and say your wife knows about us; we met and she offered me money and perhaps you and I should meet and talk.  Because at that point, they had a decision to make... do they keep seeing each other of stop it there?  As was pointed out, the detective took her word, did not do any follow-up.  Did KL and JW meet, if so where, were there any witnesses that can corroborate the time and place of the meeting...nothing.  After JW deflected his questions, he let her off the hook.  What bothers me is that after the witness perjured himself, the detective never looked at the construction company, and who was behind the perjury but started to focus of TW.  I am at the point that anyone the detective focuses on, is not the culprit.  Remember this case started as an accidental death... driving on slippery roads while under the influence of alcohol.   There are so many questions and scenarios and but we do not have enough evidence to make an accurate decision.  Let us not be like the detective, use a shred of "possible" evidence to build our case.

Supposed KL used the car his wife was driving earlier and the brooch left the car she drove?  Married people sometimes use each other vehicles.  Just saying.   If that is the case the brooch was a red herring the the detective's whole case was based on faulty logic. 

Waah! We only have two days til the finale (Episode 16 is on Saturday).

Can you all believe it?

I'm excited to see what's in store for us and what they mean with the unexpected ending!

Before we either celebrate the glorious end or bang our heads with the twist, I just want to share my (last?) edited photos for Misty :) 

27083706958_ec4355aa24_o.jpg

27083704698_0d7c7e64e2_z.jpg

40954599191_d1127edeab_b.jpg

On 3/20/2018 at 6:02 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Regarding the detective, he is either a very weakly written character, or he is purposely written as so because there will be a good explanation in the finale week. 

I am now more worried about getting a mediocre, or even nonsensical ending, to this great drama than discovering TW is Kevin's murderer. Sorry TW, and JJH... :tongue: 

I think the detective was purposely written that way, use him as a plot device to move or stay on the subject of the story. After the first 6 episodes of guessing, I thought that the plot was ready to solve the who dun it and move on. But then the detective strikes again with unproven theories, incomplete investigations, which annoys viewers yet keep them engaged in the who dun it world. The effects of the detective’s actions or inaction, on the other characters’ relationships, perceptions and actions are slowly and partially revealed. None of the characters are perfect even the perceived heroes or heroines of the story. The writer seems to be making viewers play Clue and solve the who dun it or was there a dun it themselves. There are many opposing views and the end seems to be: take your pick.

However, after the build-up, an ending of accident will be disappointing for me.

20 minutes ago, SUNlight02 said:

Waah! We only have two days til the finale.

24 hours, not two days!

4 hours ago, icebaby2 said:

Hi would like to ask about the link to watch Live streaming tomorrow night?

It’s virtually impossible unless you live in S Korea or have S Korea registered internet ID. You can join us at Bah Doo where @V will be live recapping...JTBC uploads clips pretty fast as well.

@Carmarie As @40somethingahjumma says we’re not even certain there was a murder. But Tae Wook is definitely connected with his death, and 1)knew Hye Ran was innocent much earlier than he let on and 2) let her suffer because of his anger, thus in the preview “Kang Tae Wook what did you put me through...”

I’m going for chain of events that led to his death. Physical fight plus car chase. Staging that scene would have been fairly difficult and require a lot of prior manipulation...

I don’t think the lens is going to turn away from Tae Wook at this point, like someone else was saying there was very little of him in the first 6 episodes for good reason. I don’t think this is a true Whoddunit where the twist is a killer we never expected at the end, I think this show has been following its natural story arc and that’s the nature of love and the relationship Tae Wook  has with Hye Ran.

Im not going to believe the preview i watched just now.. last weeks preview i almost thought that mr jang betrayed hyeran only to realized that those are just superb edit scenes to fool the viewers.. so this preview showing as if tae wook is the murderer maybe is another decoy… hmpph happy 

Its going to be a happy ending for the two of them… tae wook is not the murderer. The preview is just to make the viewers crazy.. haha if tae wook turns out to be the murderer.. i might throw the tv remote out of frustration.. haha i really want team taeran to be happy. The story deserves it. ❤

Previews are often misleading and it was only the preview for Episode 15, so I have hope that TW and HR will still find each other in the end! Fighting! :) I really hope TW didn't kill Kevin but I do think it possible that he used Kevin's death to punish her, come to her rescue and change public opinion about her.

As others have mentioned, the show is as much about the murder as it is about the meaning of love and I would say the truth.

Love: Besides HR learning to love, doesn't TW need to learn that possession is not true love? And what about MW and EJ? Do they learn lessons about love too? For MW, that sacrificing your entire life is not love. I would say EJ needs to love herself before anyone else first.

Truth: We've mentioned TW's dad talking about appearance mattering more than truth. What an awful lesson to tell your son! And TW telling HR that she "won with the truth". But is winning with half-truths really winning?  So I would say the show has a lot to say about whether being truthful should matter in society and in love.

I went back to Episode 5 when TW and HR talk and he says he wants the truth and she says she's telling TW the absolute truth, she didn't sleep with Kevin and she didn't kill him. Well, she doesn't tell TW about living with Kevin. Interestingly, she also asks TW if what he really wants to know is what she was doing in the car with Kevin. I forgot she admitted to TW that she was with Kevin in the car! Also, this is after TW has spoken to Reporter Yoon. We never see what Reporter Yoon tells TW and I've always been curious about it, especially after someone here mentioned that Reporter Yoon will play a crucial role in the last episodes. Isn't it interesting how she tells HR to use TW's prominence and TW immediately showed up with the KY invitation?

I think we will find out how much TW found out from Reporter Yoon and probably see flashbacks of JJH raging it up on screen. With fabulous hair of course!

10 hours ago, henya said:

The fact that theyre leading kang tae wook as the killer makes me think hes not the killer. Haha i feel that its eun joo is the killer or he just really died by accident. The preview that shows theyre on the bed it means its happy ending but at the same time hr crying in the news room. See the preview last ep 14 where the director is testifying..we thought hes going against hr then after watching the show we realized that he testified that the witness is a false witness has a grudge on hr.. so feel its going to be a happy ending. 

Great point.  Eun Joo could have killed him, maybe that is why Tw was smirking at her before the trial when she was sure Hr would be found guilty. Could be that Tw saw it happen and maybe he made it look like an accident to protect her.  Or he just saw them quarreling that night at the scene, (maybe after HR left) so he knew hat she knew Hr was not the culprit.   

7 hours ago, Carmarie said:

I am at the point that anyone the detective focuses on, is not the culprit.  Remember this case started as an accidental death... driving on slippery roads while under the influence of alcohol.   There are so many questions and scenarios and but we do not have enough evidence to make an accurate decision.  Let us not be like the detective, use a shred of "possible" evidence to build our case.

@CarmarieYes, so true, ".... anyone the detective focuses on, is not the culprit! " :lol:  (but, must point out Hr drove EJ home that night, so the brooch couldn't have been left in her car.

It is possible that Hr was with KL and lost the brooch, and then that Kl and Tw scuffled a bit. Since  KL was drinking and got into the car he just had the accident.  The only question is why the tightened muscles in his leg - could have tried to break but missed the break so his leg tightened I guess. But it is a quirky thing for the writer purposely include that info in the autopsy.  Especially when so much typical info in investigations and trials are so glaringly left out!  

Hmmm I don’t know anything anymore :ph34r::lol:. I still can’t decide if Kevin was murdered intentionally or not. Maybe a number of people had a hand in the circumstances leading up to his death. Could this be like the Murder on the Orient Express? I know this was mentioned earlier. Maybe not exactly like it ( where everyone on the train got together to plan the murder) but you know many people wanted to get back at Kevin that night . However I don’t think it would be a satisfying ending for me if TW framed  HR by putting the brooch there @maddymappo ( thanks for the shoutout earlier - hv enjoyed reading your thoughts & everyone who’s posted here ) . I get that it’s possible for him to unintentionally kill Kevin out of anger but i wouldn’t watch this writer’s dramas anymore if he / she makes TW frame the woman he loves 

After 14 Long episodes, I am actually tired of who killed Kevin Lee.  :tongue:The burning question for me is what will happen to TW & HR?  They have learnt to fall in love with each other again , can’t bear the idea of them separating. 

This has Chinese subs if you can read of the naver  preview posted earlier. 

Recent Good Data Rankings ( looks at what’s creating a buzz in SK) places Kim Nam Joo at the top, JJH is fourth . Misty is the second most talked about drama 

From the wrap up party a couple of days back . 

Spoiler

Archived