[Drama 2018] Misty 미스티

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the LOVE sign?

:heart::heart::heart::heart:

She f-ing deserves it. Go Hye Ran, the best damned female character I've ever watched on screen. I got all the feels watching the little flashback clips in the back there. 

Now I need to go find her speech...

:bawling:

:scream:  Celebrating KNJ's Baeksang!!!  So deserved.:star:

Glad Stranger/Secret Forest was acknowledged.

But SAD  :heartbreak: JH didn't win a much-deserved Baeksang for his rendering of a great role in Money Flower . 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, forum newbie here ^_^

Misty was my 2nd Kdrama after Secret Forest and I fell in love with Hye-ran. She was a female character I didn't know I needed. Unapologetic, believing in her skills, always ready to fight, feisty and yes, also bit of a meanie, and actually vulnerable.

Kevin though :crazy: I kinda hoped she killed him and will get away with it lmao. The end was quite weird, but I will remember the show for everything before the finale.

Wishing everyone a happy Friday

:star:

• 2 weeks later...

October 29, 2018

Seoul Awards honor the year's best

By Yim Seung-hye INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

seoulawards_w1.jpg

An array of stars took to the red carpet for the second edition of the Seoul Awards on Saturday evening held at Kyung Hee University’s Grand Peace Palace, eastern Seoul, and some left with several trophies in hand. 

TvN’s drama “My Mister,” which featured singer-actor Lee Ji-eun, better known as IU, and film “The Spy Gone North,” directed by Yoon Jong-bin, each received the top honors for Best Work at Saturday’s event. 

“My Mister” dealt with an unlikely friendship between a 20-something woman and her colleague in his 40s. The actors’ immersive performances and emotional direction lead to it receiving much praise.

“The Spy Gone North” starring Hwang Jung-min, Lee Sung-min and Cho Jin-woong, has been hailed as creating a new type of Korean spy flick. The story is based on a true incident that took place in 1993, when a former South Korean military officer was recruited by the National Intelligence Service to infiltrate North Korea amid leaks that North Korea was developing nuclear weapons.

Meanwhile, the Best Actor and Best Actress Awards went to Lee Byung-hun for his starring role in the successful period drama “Mr. Sunshine” and Kim Nam-joo for “Misty” in the television series category. Ha Jeong-woo received Best Actor for “Along With the Gods: The Two Worlds” and Son Ye-jin won Best Actress for “Be With You” for the film category.

The Seoul Awards is the first Awards Ceremony here to select the winners by including the public as judges. According to the organizers, public votes account for 30 percent of the final decision in order to “reflect the public opinion in the awards ceremony.”

Published on October 27, 2018 by cathycath

Published on October 27, 2018 by 스포츠서울

Thanks to Chungmuro Crumb for the article highlight and translation th_katt.gif

Joy News 24, an entertainment sports media, conducted a survey on entertainment industry experts from October 19 to October 26 about "Best Actor in Drama of the Year". This survey included 200 peoples who worked for entertainment and broadcasting companies, producers of film and broadcasting contents, and reporters from entertainment department.

Kim Nam Joo (Misty) topped the list of the '2018 Best Actor in Drama'. Among the survey respondents, 42 voters chose her as the best actor in the drama category this year.
"Mr. Sunshine" Lee Byung Hun and Kim Tae Ri ranked second and third, respectively. Among the survey respondents, 36 voters chose Lee Byung Hun and 27 voters chose Kim Tae Ri as the best actor in drama for this year.

Following list of 2018 Best Actors in Drama by 200 entertainment industry experts:

1. Kim Nam Joo: 42 
2. Lee Byung Hun: 36 
3. Kim Tae Ri: 27 
4. Son Ye Jin: 21
5. Park Seo Joon: 16
6. Jo Seung Woo: 12
7. Do Kyung Soo: 11
8. Seo Hyun Jin & Jung Hae In: 6 

October 29, 2018

Kim Nam Joo of MISTY, best drama actor chosen by the entertainment industry 

Followed by MR.SUNSHINE's Lee Byung Hun & Kim Tae Ri

Source: JoyNews

0000538006_001_20181029110102032.jpg?type=w430_q70

• 2 months later...

January 14, 2019

Kim Nam-joo takes home award

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily // Newsen

201901130845421910_1.jpg

Actor Kim Nam-joo received the Best Actress award at the 23rd Asian Television Awards, held Saturday at the Borneo Convention Centre Kuching in Malaysia. 

The awards are considered prestigious throughout Asia and are often referred to as Asia’s Emmy Awards. 

Kim received the award for her portrayal of the intelligent prime-time news anchor Go Hye-ran in the recently wrapped JTBC drama “Misty.”

The award marks the first time the event gave an award to an actor who has appeared in a drama that wasn’t officially aired on local television outside of Korea - many international viewers watched the show via Netflix. 

“I’m so grateful for receiving the award, although all I did was just get immersed in my character as an actor,” said Kim as she accepted the award. 

“It’s been 20 years since I made a debut and this award that I have received in a foreign land is so valuable for me.” 

Kim also added that the Korean drama industry, she believes, “is the most enthusiastic and passionate scene in Korea,” and that such “energy managed to bring out great results like this one.” 

The 23rd Asian Television Awards included over 40 categories and represented the industry’s foremost recognition of independent production houses in Asia.

By Yim Seung-hye

Spoiler

201901130845421910_2.jpg

Spoiler

201901130845421910_3.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hello, I'm a 2-year late fan to this series. If anyone is still kind enough to reply, I would like to ask for your opinion on a few questions!!

1. Why do you think MW wrote “Stay by HR’s side till the end, Consider this your punishment.” in his note to TW? Why is staying by HR’s side a punishment?

2. What was the song 'Knocking on heaven's door' all about? Was it a song that was playing in the jewellery shop and therefore a reminder of that trauma for HR?

Archived