Add and Subtract Game

Admin

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

Because it's Monday??

Yip!

Just now, sushilicious said:

Haha his TYH DP is gone.

Exactly! Woohoooo! Partyyy! No longer I need to endure this horrible, horrible DP! Gosh! You know how embarrassing it was to post on the "Healer" and "Kill it" thread with this DP? :bawling: People might think there I really liked it!

I can hear @mouse007 laugh when she reads it, and @cenchingwill join the laughter!

thanks @cenching; now I just hope that I am successful in finding a new job in the field I am interested in. in a way, it is nice that they were trying to get me to stay but feeling so relieved that I will be done with this current role by may. yay!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

+2

12 minutes ago, cenching said:

The new one is ugly....<_< You should change it to close up slow molicious created by

Pfff! If you think it's ugly, it's even better! But fine.....I find another one, but no slow motion stuff. That's not my style

@ktcjdramaYes, I lost a bet to @mouse007 and only because @stroppyseanswered on my post, but didn't like it! We were betting on how much likes a "Big" post of mine would get, if I tag a few peeps. Because.....well......why not? :D 

Yes @stroppyseYou lost me a bet! I always knew you were my doom! :D 

21 minutes ago, sushilicious said:

When he acts drunk he is so cute omgggg. Then the voice that he makes when he ask you want soju. Haha his voice like went up higher when he is drunk ahhhhhhhh!

:joy: and when he poured the soysauce from up high to a small dish on the table...

Have you watched Live Up To Your Name? He is hilarious there too...

• Like 1

+2

@cenchingI knew it! <_<

@triplemNah, I could do slow gifs aswell, just a few clicks extra, but I have no interest since most of them would be kinda weird.

For example, if I would take my previous gif....it would look like this. 

5nfod6jq.gif

But does that look better @cenching? :D 

Actually mhm...

Why would anybody be so cruel and let me use that gif? It's even the kiss where it doesn't end like this!

Spoiler

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I didn't go into in detail, but birth order matters in Korean as well.

I would say that for Korean, Japanese and Chinese, birth order is a biggie....:lol:

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, "wae" as in maternal side means "other" whereas "chin" as in paternal side means "close". Korean is very paternalistic as well where the bloodlines of the sons matter a lot more usually. 

Chin also means close in Teochew depends upon the sentence....Chin Cia/Jia means relatives. Gua can be translated others too. The paternalistic way of Chinese can be seen from how the way we address our male and female relatives....There is no different in addressing older or younger Aunties except by birth order but for Uncles are more specific. Younger and older than our dad should be address differently plus added birth order....:lol:

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Koreans as well. Whenever I met a new relative, I checked with my mother to understand what to call them. And, patriarchal side is usually more important. Though, money is changing the social orders these days. If the wife's side has more money, prestige, etc., then the wife's side can take precedence, however, we're talking that's when there is a marriage with very significant differences in money and prestige.

As some have pointed out, the older generations are more sticklers for the titles, whereas the younger generations may allow/take liberties, especially when on close terms. Children get some leeway on proper titles, though it's considered a mark of good childraising, so a reflection on the mother, if they don't confuse titles. That's why in kdramas, there are scenes of little children being coached by their mothers on proper forms of address, especially when the mothers and MILs aren't close.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I was reprimanded by my parents when my children didn't perform certain manners well....:huh:

Btw, I remember a scene in Goblin where Grim Reaper mentioned that he is going to a store. He said something like Chu Phou/Chu Pho??? But when I Google Translate "store" it came out differently.  In TeoChew we called store "phou".

+2

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, triplem said:

ahahahah...I knew you'd be triggered and use this gif... :D

Gaaaah! KSJ must have received so much money to endure this kiss!

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

omo !!! @Dhakra gave me an angry reaction :skull:...hahaha...

Oh you know why! 

30 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I answered a post but didn't like it? That must have been an oversight. If I'm tagged in a post, even if I don't have any interest or disagree with the post, I'll still like it. I kind of consider those as an acknowledgement that I've read the post whether I respond to it or not. So, if I actually responded to it, but then didn't hit like on it, I must have either distracted in some way, because frequently, I'm multi-tasking when I'm on soompi. Because, I really don't have any idea of which post you're talking about. However, since apparently, I helped to cause you to lose your DP, my apologies.

To be honest, I don't even remember what your lost-bet DP was. It was a scene from a drama that I assumed you liked and was surprised at, but thought it even more surprising because your DPs are usually a female idol that you like, but I didn't realize that there was more meaning to it. But, hey, at least your interminable sentence is over. :D

So you even admit you did it on purpose! You answered, but didn't like it, and because of that the post only had 6 instead of 7 and I lost. She was closer! I knew normally you would like it.....you were my joker....but you answered...but didn't like it!

See? Why would I have a kissing dp? And people don't know! I didn't even know the drama until you all said it was from TYH

You don't know which post? Here! Look at what you have done!

On 3/14/2019 at 2:40 PM, Dhakra said:

@stroppyseDoing a small break from Healer aswell? :D It was actually a very good call to rewatch it. I'm enjoying it more than I thought tbh. Just having the same feels again and getting reminded on so many great scenes feels so good.

2 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The word he used is probably a Korean pronunciation of the English word "super" which is actually an abbreviation of the word "supermarket" indicating a large grocery store that also sells other items. So, don't think it's the same word as in TeoChew. Unless the TeoChew word is also a diminution of the English word with a Chinese pronunciation. :)

I see, no wonder I can't find it in any Dictionary....:lol::lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

+2

@LawyerhDid you watch the 2nd episode of Kill it? :D It's like Healer 2.0.

@sushiliciousBased on the first two episodes, I can't say watch it. It feels quite predicatable and I can't say I'm hooked, but I will continue watching it, because I want to see where it is going. But right now it's far from interesting. 

Not my usual crazy Monday, thank goodness....  Just chilling and resting while watching Sanae Rak Nang Cin while waiting for that midweek highlight in getting my heart touched come on Wed & Touch Your Heart.... LOL:tounge_wink:   824

@Dhakra I have to commend you for being a good sport about it and actually going through with your punishment. But the DP was not for your enjoyment, it was for mine and everyone else's enjoyment. So although I'm sure it sucked for you, just know you made others happy with it. :D

@triplem thank you for the suggestion! I shall definitely keep it in my roster for future bets. ;) Also, getting an angry emoji from @Dhakra is almost a compliment at this point because it goes to show you know how to get on his nerves! LOL

@stroppyse don't worry, I just blame fate for your being distracted and not liking the post like you normally would have. I shall thank the stars for this oversight as it has allowed me to win! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

+2

@sushiliciousI hope it will change, but so far the actors are weak, the "excellent" main female lead has already been saved two times by the main lead and the end of ep2 is straight out of healer or SWDBS(ucks). She doesn't feel an excellent detective at all, more like a young, but ambitious detective, who can protect herself to a certain level, but need protection by the main lead.

But what surprises me so far, it almost feels like they want to establish a love line between the leads, because they meet early, have "dates" together and it really looks like the female lead will have a crush on the main lead soon. 

That would be new in an OCN Drama. 

But after a few episodes, I can tell you more.

@USAFarmgirlWhat are normally  crazy mondays for you?

@mouse007 I had to post with it....in other threads! Some people even thought I knew the peeps on my DP! :bawling: OH and how you all enjoyed it. 

Oh wow, if you include that in your roster, be prepared that I will use all my evil brainpower to have something similiar for you. 

52 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

@sushiliciousI hope it will change, but so far the actors are weak, the "excellent" main female lead has already been saved two times by the main lead and the end of ep2 is straight out of healer or SWDBS(ucks). She doesn't feel an excellent detective at all, more like a young, but ambitious detective, who can protect herself to a certain level, but need protection by the main lead.

But what surprises me so far, it almost feels like they want to establish a love line between the leads, because they meet early, have "dates" together and it really looks like the female lead will have a crush on the main lead soon. 

That would be new in an OCN Drama. 

But after a few episodes, I can tell you more.

@USAFarmgirlWhat are normally  crazy mondays for you?

@DhakraI had to post with it....in other threads! Some people even thought I knew the peeps on my DP! :bawling: OH and how you all enjoyed it. 

Oh wow, if you include that in your roster, be prepared that I will use all my evil brainpower to have something similiar for you. 

@Dhakra I'm just going to assume you meant to tag me instead of yourself. LOL Well you could have not posted on other threads until you got your normal DP back soo.... I guess that would be your fault? LOLOL

Bring it on!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2