Quantcast
ebullient

[Drama 2012] Faith 신의

I’ve come very late to have “Faith”!  Crazy about the series and Lee Min Ho. Such a sweet love story with a drop-dead gorgeous leading man.  I had no idea who LMH was and was new to K-drama. After watching Jumong and Kingdom of the Winds, I was searching for another period drama and saw a poster on Viki with LMH with long hair.  Thought he looked interesting.  Was hooked from the first few minutes!  Have been reading the threads. Thanks to all Faith and LMH fanatics for your insights and posts!

• Like 2

This drama had pierced a special place in my heart...

Our Imja couple...

So nice to see this thread is keep on going... 

Our DaeJang... Our Imja....

I don't know how many times have I re-watched this drama....

:heart:

• Like 2

Thanks, @Leeminhosny, for keeping this thread going!  Because I just saw Faith for the first time this year, I thought it would be fun to go back and read the conversations on this thread that were written when the series first aired.  And it is!  Fun, that is.  People saw things that I haven´t and vice versa.  And such breathless excitement as each episode is going to be aired!

I think I´m on page 80 now, not sure I´ll continue reading after all 24 episodes have aired, but enjoying it so far.

• Like 1

Such a wonderful episode and that kiss was terrific! Thanks for the pictures @leeminhosny!

I´m still leisurely reading the posts from when Faith was first aired.  I´m on the 700th page and we´re on Episode 20 or 21. Evidently Faith had the most online action of any Kdrama. Contributors were from all over the world. One of the contributors was on the set quite a bit and posted additional details from the script.  They aired two episodes each week, so the production was rushed to keep up. They filmed in 14 different locations, so I understand why LMH said he just wanted to sleep for three days like Choi Young!

Anyway, the rush may explain why much of the direction and editing was poorly done.  Many details were sloppy, but the story, characters and acting were fantastic. I’m quite addicted!

• Like 1

So happy to know there is a thread for Faith!

I LOVE LOVE this series so much. I can't count how many times I've re-watched it. I'm continuously amazed by the acting and chemistry between the two lead actors. SO GOOD! 

For whoever has a DVD set, are there deleted scenes on it? Or any big extras? 

• Like 1

@fitzsimmons:  Coincidentally, we are watching the final episode this week in the LMH thread.  You're more than welcome to join us with your comments.  The recap should be posted by Sunday.  

I have the DVD.  I believe it's PMP Entertainment which I understand isn't as good well made as others.  The quality isn't as good as other DVDs.  As far as I can remember it does not have deleted scenes or BTS like my City Hunter DVD.  

• Like 2

Welcome, @fitzsimmons. I also have a dvd set from PMP Entertainment. No extras but picture is better than watching it on Viki using a Roku. Translation is not quite as good as Viki, in my opinion.

I would love to find a full translation of Faith in English from the Korean, or even a written version in Korean that I could translate using an app.  It´s frustrating to watch someone say a paragraph that´s reduced to one line in English at the bottom of the screen.  Ideas, anyone?

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the info, guys! 

I was browsing youtube. And I noticed a lot of fan videos for the our pairing which is amazing. 

I have a few days off from work. So I'm re-watching it on Viki. I had to sign up for the 7 day free trial to watch Faith since Viki has made it now only available to Viki Pass users. Does anyone know why? Are the most popular shows on Viki only available with a Viki Pass? 

In my re-watch, I'm on episode 5 right now. LOVING it. Their growth and development is so amazingly done by the actors and the script/storyline. I think I'm too behind in my re-watch to join the LMH thread viewing discussion. BUT I will definitely check out his thread. One of my fav actors!

Also, unlike many other KDrama series, I've noticed the closeness between the lead pairing right away which is rare. There was a comfort level.

In terms of the actors, I'm impressed by BOTH of them. Both have very complicated characters who go through a unique journey in this series. If their roles were played by other actors, I just don't believe they would have done justice to them. Like Choi Young is a serious character at first....Any other actor would have made him "boring" or just "plain." But LMH added charm to him. That you can see what he is feeling....Eun Soo had a LONG character development journey. I really feel like any other actress would have made her quite annoying in the first 2-3 episodes. But Kim Hee-Sun made her sparkly and fun and lovely. 

• Like 2