14 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

It is a cult popularity. Being a sageuk is a disadvantage, as many people shy away from it including myself. The recapper is correct to say it stood the test of time because look what happened 8 years later? I was very surprised that the new fans are giving good reviews for Faith and fell for Choi Young. Although a lot had to do with @Heretorant's selling skills. And I am shocked I am being sucked into 4th season of recap. 20 years later, will we be doing 100th recap? LOL LOL LOL.

Lee Min Ho, do you see this? The contributions and devotion from your Minoz and Drama Fans? 

We need to understand the media that report about LMH's dramas probably didn't watch his dramas. It is highly likely they look at statistics (gross and popularity) and decided Faith is not worth the mention. They are not drama/movie critics.

I'm sure we all know very well now that statistics do not always reflect quality of the show. It's objective and a personal preference.

The link to the blog is on the first page, first post. There are other good links there to explore. Enjoy.

I guess when I think of a classic, after 30 or 50 years people still watch and talk about it like in Turner Classic movies.  I think BOF belongs in that category not Faith. However, once you are a fan of Faith you remain a fan and loyal.  I am not sure if TKEM would end up a classic since it is watched worldwide like BOF.  Faith is not well-known and fans would have to push non-fans to watch and be sucked in.  We have a few now e.g. @Min2206 @scrawford  @kdyes 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

@Min2206, Yes, I think that is when he says Imja for the first time. CY is not a very subtle romantic IMO. He kind of shows he is 'interested' in her (in my gutter mind LOL), happily lifting her and carrying her at every opportunity, telling her out right he is 'feeling' her hands, pulling her by the collar near to his face, OMO..:hotinhere2:

Spoiler

There is one scene in Episode 13, if I am not mistaken-  in the market where he just casually walks up and stands really close behind her, while she is walking backwards - just knowing she is going to bump into him. Omo, that little action gave me the feels, I say.

@violetts Thanks a ton, I loved watching those videos even without subtitles but now that I know what they were actually saying,  I love it even more.:dontwanna:

@msdot Thanks for the list and I am reading your recap again. I think you have nailed the first episode esp CY's character including his hair to perfection. :smooches3:

Happy weekend everyone, have to run now. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

So, I was watching ep 2, my favorite part when CY is stabbed by ES, in pain with the sword through his torso.  ES is looking for something to stabilize the sword  and asks according to the subtitle--"Do you have any scotch tape?" :waitwhat::what!: I swear, that's what it said!

• LOL 8

3 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

@msdot Thanks for the list and I am reading your recap again. I think you have nailed the first episode esp CY's character including his hair to perfection

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it, @Aleumdaun!

As I did the rewatch I realized that I had omitted the scene with Ki-Chul and moved mention of the killing of the advisors to Episode 3. Did the same thing with Eun-soo’s consultation with the fortune teller, also moved to Episode 3. For anyone wondering why I did that, I have to admit my recap/adaptation is more focused on the Choi Young character and his relationships, which is why it’s as much an adaptation as a recap.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

6 minutes ago, msdot said:

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it, @Aleumdaun!

As I did the rewatch I realized that I had omitted the scene with Ki-Chul and moved mention of the killing of the advisors to Episode 3. Did the same thing with Eun-soo’s consultation with the fortune teller, also moved to Episode 3. For anyone wondering why I did that, I have to admit my recap/adaptation is more focused on the Choi Young character and his relationships, which is why it’s as much an adaptation as a recap.

I’m on your chapter 3 now. I like the way you included CY’s initial time with Woodalchi through the eyes of the second in command. The first time I watched Faith, I was very disappointed that they did not give a good introduction to the bonding of the Woodalchi men with CY. I would have liked a back story of why they love/follow their Daejang without questions asked. Only after I found the translations, I see what was intended but never made.

And thanks for including CY thinking of ES’s scent too. I think LMH portrayed CY as the writer SJN intended, imho. He conveys with subtle emotions that he is indeed very taken by ES, without so many words. 

The scene were ES talks to the King & is even more confused and ruffles her hair up, I’m pretty sure CY gives the expression that he wants to tidy it up as he does in the later episodes. I had missed this in my previous watches. What do you think?

Thanks again @msdot, I’m enjoying my late night Daejang very much through your adaptation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

11 hours ago, CallieP said:

Great that you discovered Faith after TKEM, Netflix should have Faith. @Layali has been asking everyone to request Faith on Netflix. After TKEM  and Kingdom, more people will be interested in watching. Layali could post the link here for requesting Faith and City Hunter.  It is true KES did not let LG's character develop enough. She did not utilize LMH sufficiently.  Fans were complaining that in some episodes he was missing a lot of the time. More time was spent on the detectives and JTE not LG. Even then he gained so many new fans. The magic of LMH. 

OH GOD, I NEED FAITH AND CITY HUNTER IN NETFLIX. JAEBALLLLL.

Or at least Viki, make Faith licensed for countries in South East Asia please!!!!  :bawling:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, CallieP said:

I guess when I think of a classic, after 30 or 50 years people still watch and talk about it like in Turner Classic movies.  I think BOF belongs in that category not Faith. However, once you are a fan of Faith you remain a fan and loyal.  I am not sure if TKEM would end up a classic since it is watched worldwide like BOF.  Faith is not well-known and fans would have to push non-fans to watch and be sucked in.  We have a few now e.g. @Min2206 @scrawford  @kdyes 

I read BOF is very popular in netflix.  LMH was one charismatic, charming badass to the bone in there but my heart goes to Daejang.  Maybe because I chose Faith instead of BOF, right after TKEM.   Took me quite awhile to shake that off, till now, am still reeling over Daejang, before I tuned to BOF, intermittently with GB, then Heirs.   Like you said @CallieP, pretty much sucked in, in Faith.  Sigh

12 hours ago, msdot said:

I thought it might be helpful to see a list of the named characters in Faith. My spellings are a little different in some cases than Viki, but I think you get the idea. They're listed in the order they appear in the series, more or less.

-       Jo Il-shin, the king’s advisor  (i read you all call him Motor Mouth)  

Now we just need to add the names WE want to call them! 

Thanks @msdot - that's a great compilation.  Taking note.  I am confused with Dae Man vs  Deok Man. 

faith.jpg

Even if his hair is a mess, he is still a hot mess - quote

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

ndGwHuC.gif

Hj9pLBx.gif

P9MW3fV.gif

Hey chingus! Just dropped by to share these gifs from our Faith rewatch two years ago while LMH was in MS. I'm just in awe at LMH's timeless beauty! :) And regardless of his age then, or age gap with FL, I was convinced at his portrayal of a general from the very first episode! 

• Like 3
  • Love 5

Another chance to re-watch FAITH? YESS even though I finished my last re-watch this July :love:

@Lmangla Thank you for the tag.Please count me in. 

I have missed out on the polls.I have been away from wifi since last Monday and so much has been happening on this beloved thread.

@H0ney same here.FAITH brought me to soompi 8 years ago. Of course I too decided to continue watching Faith due to that one wet  Daejang scene.  I will be stealing the hoodie daejang pic you posted for my dp. I'd love for a GIF of this hoodie-daejang-sleeping-on-his-horse in the rain scene  for my dp but for now this will do:fullofhearts:

Now that I have my fellow Faithlings gathered here, I have  a huge request to all of you.

Please request Netflix to add FAITH to its list of shows. Please keep requesting everyday till we get it.

when you log into the app, tap on "More" and select "Help" and "Request Title"

If you don't use Netflix, you can still request it through the link below.

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

edit: so I saw the hoodie daejang GIF has been uploaded on the Faith Blog. How do I change my dp to that gif image? when I save GIF images on my laptop, the images won't move for some stupid reason. is there a way to save GIFs that I'm unaware of?

I LOVE HOW THE FAITH BLOG HAS BEEN SPRUCED UP. 

Edit: so there's another blog just for this recap season? awesome!!!

I still love going through  the old blog though most of the videos and gifs don't open anymore :cry:

• Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

I see Choi Young is warming up to Eun Soo - I like his admiring look at her when she was operating on the Queen. And that slight smile as he carries her. He even gave that majestic bow when he brought her to the portal. With a handsome and gallant warrior like that sweeping you off your feet, I wouldn't go running straight to the portal either. Lol. :lol:

EFfinO0.gif

PMSOTtR.gif

TWbLnOQ.gif

I admire Choi Young's moral compass and code of honor.

Spoiler

gcgN436.gif

@Layali, I request for Faith on NF everyday :)

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Layali said:

Please request Netflix to add FAITH to its list of shows. Please keep requesting everyday till we get it.

when you log into the app, tap on "More" and select "Help" and "Request Title"

If you don't use Netflix, you can still request it through the link below.

https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

I have just requested on the link, thanks for the info. I'll also ask my friends who are LMH fans but not on Soompi to do the same.

I think God heard my prayer, I JUST FOUND HD VERSION OF FAITH IN LOCAL OFFICIAL STREAMING SERVICE IN MY COUNTRY!! The quality is as good as Netflix, oh I am so happy! 

:issohappy:

How come I didn't know this, I guess because I always looked for English subtitles before, not local language subtitles for K-dramas.

Now I am watching Ep 1 and Ep 2 again, oh boy, I can see clearly now, how HOT is Lee Min Ho as Daejang Choi Young!! There's no pretty boy image at all, he is just beautiful with masculine handsomeness. I am falling in love with him all over again! :love:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 3

9 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

The scene were ES talks to the King & is even more confused and ruffles her hair up, I’m pretty sure CY gives the expression that he wants to tidy it up as he does in the later episodes. I had missed this in my previous watches. What do you think?

I think it’s whatever you see in the scene! Her hair was always a big attraction to him.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 2

@Layali  Done for  today :) 

1 hour ago, JoannaID said:

I think God heard my prayer, I JUST FOUND HD VERSION OF FAITH IN LOCAL OFFICIAL STREAMING SERVICE IN MY COUNTRY!! The quality is as good as Netflix, oh I am so happy! 

HD version, how wonderful @JoannaID  We can't help but keep falling over and over.

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks @msdot - that's a great compilation.  Taking note.  I am confused with Dae Man vs  Deok Man. 

Yes, They could have a better job with those two names, I think. Dae-man is the short, wild-haired young Woodalchi who is Choi Young’s shadow. Deok-man is the tallest and for some, the cutest of the Woodalchi puppies.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, msdot said:

Yes, They could have a better job with those two names, I think. Dae-man is the short, wild-haired young Woodalchi who is Choi Young’s shadow. Deok-man is the tallest and for some, the cutest of the Woodalchi puppies.

Thanks @msdot  Will look out for that Deok Man .. hehe

and here's Dae Man with his fighting and leaping skills at rooftop in Epi 02

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 1

4 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I have just requested on the link, thanks for the info. I'll also ask my friends who are LMH fans but not on Soompi to do the same.

How come I didn't know this, I guess because I always looked for English subtitles before, not local language subtitles for K-dramas.

Now I am watching Ep 1 and Ep 2 again, oh boy, I can see clearly now, how HOT is Lee Min Ho as Daejang Choi Young!! There's no pretty boy image at all, he is just beautiful with masculine handsomeness. I am falling in love with him all over again! :love:

I would like to watch it on HD too, please let me know where you found it?  I have it on Viki, but it doesn't look like it is on HD. Thank you @JoannaID

7 hours ago, Min2206 said:

cr ppultae via hime park

Great MV :heart:

Fanmade MV by joonni767

Love this OST "I am Woodalchi" :D and the compilation of Daejang's fighting scenes. 

Thanks @Min2206, I was looking for this. Daejang looks extra hot in HD. :glee:

• Like 3

Hello all,

Happy weekend. It's a rainy morning at my end, so I am laying around on my bed reading all the awesome inputs from you guys.

Assuming everyone has seen ep1-2, here are the translated script that were omitted from the drama for the two episodes.

https://shineuifaith.wordpress.com/category/faith-translations/script-tidbits/

Each week it will have 2 episodes (if any) to go with the weekly recap. Feel free to either comment over there your thoughts or here about these omitted scenes. 

In addition, there is also an excerpt translation of when Daejang first saw Eun Soo and his inner thoughts. In season 2 recap, we tried to pinpoint when he fell in love with her and based on the novel, it seems like it is love at first sight.

https://shineuifaith.wordpress.com/2020/07/01/faith-novel-vol-1-chapter-2-page-59-62/

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4