It's interesting how many of you fell for the wet daejang. I didn't really have an impression, other than he's not bad looking--ha! I didn't until he was stabbed--yes--we had this discussion in the LMH thread.  We like him in pain lol.  

4 hours ago, kehrite said:

-I have a hard time believing anyone would survive being stabbed through the gut like that, outside of a modern emergency room, but hey, it's drama land

There's a reason why he survived, according to Eun soo.  It's in a future episode.  I won't spoil it for you since this is your first watch.

@JoannaID:  Are you able to watch the drama?  PM me if you haven't.  I'm watching it elsewhere...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

19 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hahahha... now your kids must think you are actually watching something rather cool! earning brownie points for being a cool parent eh? don't forget to show them fight scenes in further episodes -- think there should be more of them right? after all, how can he a bodyguard if we don't get to see him and his gang fight! action!!!

P.S ~ @msdot ~ could you change the font colour? am on evolution mode and not able to see the black font on your post. maybe put highlight white?

@Lmangla ha ha, cool mom - I wish! Because mummy is LMH fan, my kids are forced to watch whatever age appropriate LMH they can (which they enjoy a lot but wouldn't acknowledge it one bit to my face). They turned the seguk Star Wars scene into a science and history lesson too.. I have on good authority of my pre-teen that the Woodalchi warriers could not have used Phosporus because it was only discovered some 300 years later :joy: 

My kids love action scenes - like this one here. Any links for a Faith one for me please?

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, kehrite said:

Alright, first two episodes down! This isn't a rewatch for me, I'm a first timer, so here are my vague thoughts: 

-Never thought I'd see a male lead in a historical drama throwing a police riot shield like Captain America, but here we are...! :lol:

Captain America?  Well put @kehrite !  Glad you enjoy the 1st two episodes.   
I like this scene and the ones after :D...   why did he take the police shield?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 4

@Min2206 he took the shield because he was amazed at how well it protected the police from him. He realized he can use it for himself too :D smart Daejang. 

@Aleumdaun are you looking for a link for an action scene from Faith? Let ur kids know Faith has a lot of action scenes ;) 

Haha @CallieP i am a weakling for wet men, be it in the rain, ocean or even shower that’s why wet Daejang is a hot lava for me :P now there are exceptions: the man must be handsome and well built like Daejang :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

The way Daejang does it - so effortlessly - over shoulder and the ones below

giphy.gif

BTS cr wenroad via @mademoisellesia

When was this scene in the BTS above , in which part?  

@vangsweetie637  and immortal Faithings  ...  another question that I wanted to ask - have you talked about her handbang in the past?

To be honest, I was scanning Epi 1 pretty fast and actually started from Epi 2.   I found the characters amusingly witty, the parts where Daejang entered our real world, to him, heaven to him? 
and the spirited Eun Soo in the foreign land, trying to figure the way out -- Why is the studio is so big?    
Since then I was so hooked to this fusion, fantasy saguek drama and of course, the man of few words- our Daejang.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hahaha @Aleumdaun you learn fast my studen:lol: when he said she touched him here and there, what he means is: WHOA DOCTOR!!!!

Because why can’t we know exactly where she is touching him unless...

:joy:

@msdot yes i can read it clearly now. Thanks!

Thanks @vangsweetie637 for inviting me to your class. I am honored. Now I’m quite shocked now at our Daejang, he is literally dying here and his mind went - there? 

Yes, I’m looking for Faith action videos on YouTube. Don’t think I can torture them by making them sit through the whole thing. Thanks! 

41 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

The way Daejang does it - so effortlessly - over shoulder and the ones below

BTS cr wenroad via @mademoisellesia

When was this scene in the BTS above , in which part? 

and immortal Faithings  ...  another question that I wanted to ask - have you talked about her handbang in the past?

To be honest, I was scanning Epi 1 pretty fast and actually started from Epi 2.   I found the characters amusingly witty, the parts where Daejang entered our real world, to him, heaven to him? 
and the spirited Eun Soo in the foreign land, trying to figure the way out -- Why is the studio is so big?    
Since then I was so hooked to this fusion, fantasy saguek drama and of course, the man of few words- our Daejang.

@Min2206 The BTS is the scene where he takes her to the portal - episode 1, before the flashback with the fortune teller.

BTW, I really enjoyed the fortune teller guy, I thought he was fantastic 

• LOL 3

I just finished episode 1 and omg it’s like the feels never left. The music, the scenes, it’s like I am watching it all over again when it aired. 

and even more, the rewatch makes me love Daejang even more!! 

after I finish episode 2, i will be back to discuss and comment ;)

Edit

alright. Done with episode 2. I tried to screenshot some scenes but just couldn’t. But when Daejang lifted her up and smiled..OMG!!!! And when she tells him to Shut Up!! LMAO!! Brought me back to the first time I reacted to these scenes. It hasn’t changed.

And that Motor-Mouth. I remember how much I was annoyed by him!! And hated him!

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 2

@CallieP Thanks for the info, I haven't watched DMZ, definitely need to watch it soon! :heart:

@CarolynH I managed to find better quality videos on drama sites, but not the best as in official site like Viki, after seeing recaps from Chingus here, I decided to start watching with what I could find, while still looking for better videos. :) 

I am a rookie both as LMH fan and K-drama fan, some said this drama was rather less popular, but I found my self quite liking eps 1 and eps 2 of Faith. This is my first Saeguk drama, I thought this drama would be dead-serious, but happy to see few humorous elements already.

First time to see LMH as an ancient warrior coming to 21st century, his scenes when he first came to modern day Seoul were hilarious. :D 

I absolutely love the wet-Daejang scene, LMH always has a knack for wet scenes! 

Background characters for CY and ES are good, looks like it's going to be an interesting characters development for both leads as the drama progresses. I heard KHS is 10 years older than LMH, but I don't see the huge age gap. 

I don't understand why few ladies here mentioned that CY said something interesting to ES when he was being carried, related to she's touching him? Since the subtitle on my end only wrote "I can't lose it since you are too loud". Could Sunbaes here share more about this? :D

I look forward to watch more episodes of Faith, thanks for introducing me to this awesome drama! :blush:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

It's interesting how many of you fell for the wet daejang. I didn't really have an impression, other than he's not bad looking--ha! I didn't until he was stabbed--yes--we had this discussion in the LMH thread.  We like him in pain lol.  

Sorry to cut your post ....

As the other half of the Sadistic Twins, I can assure you that my twin @mademoisellesia and I can't wait for Daejang in pain just like this...

aNt5PNH.jpg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

BTW, I really enjoyed the fortune teller guy, I thought he was fantastic 

Fortune teller guy was hilariously brilliant !! It’s easy to disregard this scene because he appears just that one time, but he nailed it ! :lol:

On a side thought, I’m currently watching tkem for the first time (I’m on episode 4) and despite Lee Gon’s dorkyness, I gotta admit.... Daejang remains my favorite character of LMH’s roles to date. Lee Gon’s too precious and pretty. Choi Young’s rough ruthlessness is the good stuff. :tenor:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1

3 minutes ago, violetts said:

On a side thought, I’m currently watching tkem for the first time (I’m on episode 4) and despite Lee Gon’s dorkyness, I gotta admit.... Daejang remains my favorite character of LMH’s roles to date. Lee Gon’s too precious and pretty. Choi Young’s rough ruthlessness is the good stuff. 

Totally with you here @violetts 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

@Aleumdaun Errr... I wouldn't brag too much about the action scenes to your kids. Faith's action scenes by "current time" may no longer be considered good, it was not even impressive 8 years ago by our standard when we saw it. Fans took it to their hands editing the scenes then it came out much better. You'll know what I mean when you see the real deal. However, I think the below clip shows the better fight scenes CY had.

Spoiler

ACTION II

Spoiler

LOL @Maja @CarolynH I'm pleasantly surprised just how many more of you liked watching him in pain or looking vulnerable. Back then it was just me and Maja willing to come out of the closet admitting we love him doing physical (and emotional) pain scene. It was just something about it—he looks vulnerable but so gorgeous when he's in pain. I fell for it since City Hunter's you-know-which-scenes (I shall not say coz Min2206 hasn't seen it).

== THOUGHTS ==

So, episode 1 - going by memory I watched it because I had liked LMH in City Hunter. I don't like sageuk back then but I was willing to try with this eye-candy in there. First scene with the artistic ink wash painting I thought the drama was special/unique to start with. I wasn't fawning over hoodie/wet Daejang like many, but grew to appreciate the beauty because of the fellow friends here :D

The light saber scene I thought was a bit silly since they wanted to ambush the enemies so why do they have glowing swords themselves? :D However I deduced that in order for us viewers to be able "to see" the Woodalchi outsmart their enemies, we need to be able to see their movement in the dark! Conclusion: I made peace with this flaw, plus it's hilarious thanks to violetts' take in relation to Star Wars.

The epilogue in the fortune teller scene is an epic foreshadowing of Eun Soo's future which we soon will learn more about (for those who hadn't seen it). The actor guy was a regular in the writer's drama, he was also in Healer written by the same writer :)

Episode 2 - The scene where Eun Soo was held hostage. Daejang was really mad when he spotted blood on Eun Soo's lips... indicating she was hurt. It really trigger the protectiveness in him, and I think it also had something to do with his promise to her end of episode 1. The little tiny detail in his expression and "tightening of his fist" were the give away. Yeah, Imja is his. No touchy touchy.

And lastly, the scene that determine I'm all in for Faith - when Daejang said:

Capture.png

...excuse the poor screen capture :Dbut hey, Daejang has nice straight teeth for a period which doesn't have toothbrush! :P

... it was the whole aura he was exuding, that "Samurai/Bushido" kind of spirit, honour and the importance of his promise made in his name. Of course soon after he lets himself be stabbed by Eun Soo was a complete surprise, because, we are only at episode 2 and I'm already spoilt with a pain scene? Who is this writer, me like, so hell yeah, I'm staying!

6 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I don't understand why few ladies here mentioned that CY said something interesting to ES when he was being carried, related to she's touching him? Since the subtitle on my end only wrote "I can't lose it since you are too loud". Could Sunbaes here share more about this?

CY did say he can't lose his consciousness since she was touching him here and there. He said "yogi" "chogi".

Soon you will hear "yogi" a lot in Faith, "yogi" means "here". "chogi" is "there".

@Lmangla

:sparklyeyes: → me waiting for your review :)

Dear @violetts Have you seen this? If it is not too much trouble, is it possible to share a summarized translation?

So much laughters from all of them, I really love it and Kim Hee Sun was soooooo cute. Her eyes light up when they mention soju/alcohol. So funny. 10 years difference? I don't see it at all, LOL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 3

hahahah... @mademoisellesia ~ I tend to watch episodes in bits -- so here's the thoughts from the first 15 minutes or so. still to finish ep 1.

~ nice comic strip story intro -- short & sweet before I got bored... but why such sharp nails, not like this doctor is a vampire?

~ @CallieP @Thong Thin @H0ney @Maja @Min2206 and everyone else thinking lee min ho is hot in rain... 

me instead thinking, "waaaaah, those mountains look great in rain and it is so green"  hahhahaha...

tenor.gif

yea, problem of being stuck indoors... I want to go on a long drive! :sweatingbullets:

~ dragon ball Z does nice long jumps and back flips -- career in sports if he ends up in modern era.

~ kekeke... am liking the way minister shouts -- found him hilarious. he sounds so poetic and sing songy -- could be a good country singer style song "my life sucks but I am going to have a drink...":lol:

2h8o52.jpg

@Min2206 @mademoisellesia ~ please post more gifs/screenshots of the minister - he makes me laugh. :lol:

minister to king -- "a thousand troops weren't even enough for you! what? you can't take off your clothes. your face can't be showing. and no one should call you "your majesty"... yea minister needs to time travel now -- we are all looking like den robbers walking around in our masks and we can't even see people's faces... :sweatingbullets::lol:

why does daejung give such a small knife to the minister LOL.:lol:

~ king and queen making faces at each other and king immediately destroys his painting -- look like two kindergarten kids who hate each other. hahahahha :lol:

~ orange bathrobe man has a nice fan. will we see some mulan style fighting? who is he now?

3gvB.gif

~ fight scene! hahahah... @Aleumdaun ~ was totally thinking of your kids comment on phosphorous and giggling at this scene... but at least it makes sense in that they are marking their target so it is easy to fight and not get surprised. but I did enjoy the choreography of this light saber fight as @violetts called it. hahahha...

poor woodalchi -- why fight with scarf around your neck, won't that be kind of uncomfortable to breathe?

more later after I finish watching ep 1.

and P.S -- chingus, just a reminder -- please don't quote images/gifs; the rule exists because it slows down the page loading for chingus on a slower net connection. if you want to comment on a specific image/gif, copy the image location and paste in your text box (outside of the quote) -- the server will see it as a fresh image and it won't slow down the page load for those who have bad connections..... .

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

@Aleumdaun i agree with @mademoisellesia about the action scenes. It wasn’t top notch but LMH made it look even cooler. There will be several if not many editing flaws that you will easily miss if not pointed out and some were really visible. No worries. If you miss it, we will point it out either way because we did the same thing 8 years ago :D there is one specific editing flaw I remember so well but i will wait until the episode arrives lol also, was it you who asked about the handbag or was it @Min2206? I don’t remember us discussing it thoroughly because it didn’t seem significant, not as much as the aspirin bottle (you will soon see why :D )

haha now it is mentioned, I do remember @Maja and @mademoisellesia loving a pained Daejang. I was one of the few who couldn’t see him in pain, like when he was stabbed :( however, there were other exceptions which I actually enjoyed him in pain because it showed the development of Imja couple.

I was always a Saeguk fan but very picky about the content and plot. However, I love myself a warrior plot. Time traveling is a very tricky plot to write about given the fact that there are many rules that can be bent and flexed. It depends on if viewers would be able to accept it. As @JoannaID mentioned, Faith wasn’t popular domestically but it was a huge hit in Japan (correct me if i recalled incorrectly). Internationally, it was a hit and miss. Many either loved it or they didn’t. I believe many loved it. 

2 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I am a rookie both as LMH fan and K-drama fan, some said this drama was rather less popular, but I found my self quite liking eps 1 and eps 2 of Faith. 

I don't understand why few ladies here mentioned that CY said something interesting to ES when he was being carried, related to she's touching him? Since the subtitle on my end only wrote "I can't lose it since you are too loud". Could Sunbaes here share more about this? :D

I look forward to watch more episodes of Faith, thanks for introducing me to this awesome drama! :blush:

I watched BOF before Faith but it was actually Faith that sealed the deal for me with LMH. His portrayal of Daejang was so deep for me that I love his character so much. Since this is your first time watching, you will be able to see everything about Daejang through LMH’s portrayal. We all know LMH portrays emotions well through his eyes snd expressions. In regards to the question about what he said to ES when being carried..haha, in my translation, when ES stops him from going out of it; he states “with you touching me here and there..” my mind went into a state of gutter lol. It is a simple meaning but I turned it into a more hidden meaning because my mind went off tangent :joy:

@violetts i agree with you. As much as i love King Lee Gon, Daejang CY still has my heart :wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

LOL @Maja @CarolynH I'm pleasantly surprised just how many more of you liked watching him in pain. Back then it was just me and Maja willing to come out of the closet admitting we love him doing physical pain scene. It was just something about it—he looks vulnerable but so gorgeous when he's in pain. I fell for it since City Hunter's you-know-which-scenes (I shall not say coz Min2206 hasn't seen it).

CY did say he can't lose his consciousness since she was touching him here and there. He said "yogi" "chogi".

Soon you will hear "yogi" a lot in Faith, "yogi" means "here". "chogi" is "there".

Thank you so much @mademoisellesia for explaining the context of CY's interesting line to ES. OMG the subtitle on my end didn't do justice to this line! 

I am also coming out of the closet now, I really like hot male lead character in pain (especially LMH), that's why I stayed put to watch City Hunter even with bad quality videos. LOL. :tounge_wink:

1 hour ago, violetts said:

On a side thought, I’m currently watching tkem for the first time (I’m on episode 4) and despite Lee Gon’s dorkyness, I gotta admit.... Daejang remains my favorite character of LMH’s roles to date. Lee Gon’s too precious and pretty. Choi Young’s rough ruthlessness is the good stuff. 

I am starting to feel the same about this. Lee Gon was the first LMH character that I watched and drew me to him, but after watching his other works like Gangnam Blues, I found my self liking Kim Jong Dae more because he had rough and darker sides. I am not really into pretty boys.

I guess Daejang Choi Young soon to be my favourite. :love:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Spoiler
57 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

ACTION II

LOL @Maja @CarolynH I'm pleasantly surprised just how many more of you liked watching him in pain. Back then it was just me and Maja willing to come out of the closet admitting we love him doing physical pain scene. It was just something about it—he looks vulnerable but so gorgeous when he's in pain. I fell for it since City Hunter's you-know-which-scenes (I shall not say coz Min2206 hasn't seen it).

The epilogue in the fortune teller scene is an epic foreshadowing of Eun Soo's future which we soon will learn more about (for those who hadn't seen it). The actor guy was a regular in the writer's drama, he was also in Healer written by the same writer :)

Sorry to cut your post @mademoisellesia - I don't mind the spoiler on CT and any other.  It's all good.
And thanks for sharing the link to Hime Park gallery. Amazing!

What do you want to know?

Hers and his expressions -both were just as excited !  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

22 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I was always a Saeguk fan but very picky about the content and plot. However, I love myself a warrior plot. Time traveling is a very tricky plot to write about given the fact that there are many rules that can be bent and flexed. It depends on if viewers would be able to accept it. As @JoannaID mentioned, Faith wasn’t popular domestically but it was a huge hit in Japan (correct me if i recalled incorrectly). Internationally, it was a hit and miss. Many either loved it or they didn’t. I believe many loved it. 

I watched BOF before Faith but it was actually Faith that sealed the deal for me with LMH. His portrayal of Daejang was so deep for me that I love his character so much. Since this is your first time watching, you will be able to see everything about Daejang through LMH’s portrayal. We all know LMH portrays emotions well through his eyes snd expressions. In regards to the question about what he said to ES when being carried..haha, in my translation, when ES stops him from going out of it; he states “with you touching me here and there..” my mind went into a state of gutter lol. It is a simple meaning but I turned it into a more hidden meaning because my mind went off tangent :joy:

Sorry to cut your post @vangsweetie637 

I did read it somewhere, Faith was number 1 drama in Japan at that time, it was definitely a hit there. 

Although I just found out there was sad/tragic story behind Faith production in SK and LMH looked kinda sad on his best actor award acceptance speech for Faith, I don't want to get into the details. 

I am so looking forward to watch more of Faith and enjoy LMH's portrayal as CY, but I don't want to be in hurry as this drama deserves attention to details.

Thanks for explaining about the aforementioned line, my subtitle didn't do justice to it, but now I get it. :joy:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

Did I mention i love the music in this drama? While rewatching, I found myself still loving it! 

and this was the scene i was talking about earlier:

tumblr_mnzhyeix251suaiuvo2_250.gif

Just..look at that smile! How can I not love Daejang??!! 

:biubiu:

Goodnight my Faithlings :D

edit:

@JoannaID aw no need to apologize. Cut whatever is necessary :D oh yes, the promotion for Faith in Japan was astounding hence the popularity. I know exactly what you mean about the tragic story behind Faith production. It was also something discussed here 8 years ago with a lot of emotions. Aww, yes take your time with CY. You will see him blossom :) attention to details is a must for Faith ;)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@violetts i agree with you. As much as i love King Lee Gon, Daejang CY still has my heart :wub:

Most Faithings mind then and now had always been in the gutter :Megalol:

Case in point these fan arts:

cr to owner 

DIpnsNL.jpg

Ae0EuFx.jpg

5QOJvaP.jpg

TvDQ7xF.jpg

• Shocked 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1