11 hours ago, CallieP said:

@JoannaID Since you have not yet watched Faith and planning to start soon. Join us here for the Faith watch party.  Any questions, ask @Lmangla:mrgreen: The organizer.

Thanks for calling me out @CallieP :smiley:

I'm still new to this Soompi forum life, just realised there's another thread for drama rewatch.

I definitely want to watch Faith, however I haven't found streaming service which can provide good quality video for Faith (I live in South East Asia).

I only have Netflix as official streaming service with good quality videos, so I have TKEM, LOTBS, The Heirs and BOF here, I watched them all.

Unofficial streaming sites like dramacool and watchasian are blocked in my country. :sweat_smile:

I found good quality videos of Personal Taste from local unofficial streaming service so I enjoyed watching it. City Hunter, I had to watch in bad quality, I stayed put just to swoon on LMH's scenes. LOL.

Faith seems like a serious and good drama, I want to enjoy watching it in good quality videos. I will try to get VPN service for that. :smile:

• Like 6

this is how we greet each other at the Faith home:

tumblr_ooonx9vM691qzxv73o1_400.gifv

*glompss*

I finally got the kids to sleep and it’s already 12:30am. My goodness! Lol.

These kids are so active and in my head, i was like “guys. I need to watch Daejang and hang out with my crew.” :lol: 

@msdot sorry chingu but your font is hard for me to read. It’s in black and my format is in dark mode lol. Can you change the color, please :D

for the awesome recappers and gifs, seeing it all once more is making me feel like this is the first time we are watching Faith and spazzing! It feels like 8 years never came by. 

@Aleumdaun  I don’t think I welcomed you yet to the Faith home! Welcome! haha, don’t be intimidated. My classes are free and even more fun than actual anatomy class haha. I will even throw some inside anatomy words randomly on episodes here and there...so you can’t miss it :P just keep your mind open because things must be read between, over, and under the lines in my class :lol:

i will catch up with you all tomorrow. My plan to watch episode 1 didn’t go as planned but fear not, I won’t miss out on wet Daejang @Maja (i love myself a wet Daejang too ;) )

Goodnight my Faithlings!

edit:

@JoannaID welcome to the Faith home! If you have access to Viki, it has the drama under the name “The Great Doctor”. I think other online drama sites carry this drama too but it tends to lag on loading but sadly you said it’s blocked in your region. Faith and Daejang alongside Imja Couple (including the Royal Couple) is one of my favorites in kdrama world. This is the one drama with characters and couples that has remained the same in my heart as it was 8 years ago. Do join us in the fun and spazzzing! We all love feedbacks of any sorts ;) :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 1

59 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

this is how we greet each other at the Faith home:

*glompss*

I finally got the kids to sleep and it’s already 12:30am. My goodness! Lol.

@JoannaID welcome to the Faith home! If you have access to Viki, it has the drama under the name “The Great Doctor”. I think other online drama sites carry this drama too but it tends to lag on loading but sadly you said it’s blocked in your region. Faith and Daejang alongside Imja Couple (including the Royal Couple) is one of my favorites in kdrama world. This is the one drama with characters and couples that has remained the same in my heart as it was 8 years ago. Do join us in the fun and spazzzing! We all love feedbacks of any sorts ;) :D

Sorry to cut your post @vangsweetie637 :)

Wow your kids slept very late. I have one toddler my self, thankfully she always sleeps at 9.30 PM. :D 

Thanks for the info about Viki, but it seems most for Viki's contents are not licensed for my region. *sad*

I can still watch Faith in online drama sites using VPN.

I saw few Choi Young photos, LMH looks really hot and mature in this character! 

I'll try to watch it by tonight! 

:getmygrooveon:

Edited by Lmangla
please don't quote images/gifs. :)
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, msdot said:

Episode 1

My apologies if this is too long. I admit it, I adore this series and have watched it, oh, 20-30 times and counting. Looking forward to Episodes 3 & 4!

Please do not apologize @msdot .. do more please ...i love them!    I will come back to you later.   

I just got a break, like for 10 min, 2 min pee and 8 min here .. Oh shoot!    I am gonna kick myself in anxiety later cos phone and laptop are 2 totally different devices for me ... i can read from phone but type and gif faster on lappy!  Gotta run - reason I got a dinner function to attend.

@msdot the black mode soompi theme defies me  .. can you please change the font colour to umm .. that suits all mode.   

giphy.gif

@Maja  One more wet Daejang for you 

@JoannaID  I hope you find a site where you can access the drama.  You see, Daejang will try to get it ready available for you too.

@vangsweetie637  sweet dreams!

@Thong Thin  Love your gifs - bring it on! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

xfzJSDT.gif

Hello ladies! ~~

@Lmangla Introducing Wooldachi puppy #1 Dol Bae - The Cheeky One.

8 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I really can't stand this advisor! How the King can draw in silence, hearing his ranting!  Here I am, watching  him for like 1 min - I feel like throwing the charcoal at him.

Don't worry, we hated him too. He's so LOUD. I don't want to throw charcoal at him, I want to sew his mouth up :D Oh, since you are giffing, here's a fun thing for you to take note... see how many gifs you can make with the Faith characters spitting! I already found one, it is none other than uri Motor Mouth Jo Il Shin!

ePi5JnJ.gif

source: WutHmone

:hahah!:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Hello ladies! ~~

@Lmangla Introducing Dol Bae - The Cheeky One.

Don't worry, we hated him too. He's so LOUD. I don't want to throw charcoal at him, I want to sew his mouth up :D Oh, since you are giffing, here's a fun thing for you to take note... see how many gifs you can make with the Faith characters spitting! I already found one, it is none other than uri Motor Mouth Jo Il Shin!

source: WutHmone

Oooooh ...  I didn't know Dol Bae could do that kind of move... cool!

Ohh, so the advisor is known as Motor Mouth.. [MM]

Noted:rubchin:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@msdot sorry chingu but your font is hard for me to read. It’s in black and my format is in dark mode lol. Can you change the color, please :D

3 hours ago, Min2206 said:

@msdot the black mode soompi theme defies me  .. can you please change the font colour to umm .. that suits all mode

Sorry - it's fixed now, in turquoise! Let me know if you have any problems reading it. Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Thanks for calling me out @CallieP :smiley:

I'm still new to this Soompi forum life, just realised there's another thread for drama rewatch.

I definitely want to watch Faith, however I haven't found streaming service which can provide good quality video for Faith (I live in South East Asia).

I only have Netflix as official streaming service with good quality videos, so I have TKEM, LOTBS, The Heirs and BOF here, I watched them all.

Unofficial streaming sites like dramacool and watchasian are blocked in my country. :sweat_smile:

I found good quality videos of Personal Taste from local unofficial streaming service so I enjoyed watching it. City Hunter, I had to watch in bad quality, I stayed put just to swoon on LMH's scenes. LOL.

Faith seems like a serious and good drama, I want to enjoy watching it in good quality videos. I will try to get VPN service for that. :smile:

It is available on viki.com or kocowa. Not sure if you can get that. Korea On Demand has some dramas, but unclear about Faith. You can get LMH DMZ Documentary on Korea on Demand with Subs. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is great.  Hope that helps. VPN would work.

• Like 5

On 8/19/2020 at 6:43 PM, H0ney said:

1. Like I said before, I feel in love with LMH and CY daejang at the first sight, at 1st ep, in that rainy, wet scene.. Even though I am a woman who loves sunny day, I could not resist a wet handsome warrior with his wet black coat and wet hair. Men always dangerous when they wet. Specially when I heard his voice at first, 8 years ago, saying these words, "Ara.. antagu.." 

Oh my @H0ney  I feel you .. the part on Ara .. Antagu .. in that weary tone.  It's just that this scene was posted so many times, so I did not post it earlier.. but now here it is

giphy.gif

I am still guarding the door.  I need t to speed up.    Can you see me glow ? 

@Aleumdaun -  Hope to see the part on him first-time-calling-imja - wait yea

@msdot I can see you big and turquoisely- clear now - you amazed me with your deep analysis and definition on their character development, personality and relationship.  Daebak!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I just realised that he used his energy power on the Queen.  

giphy.gif

And Daejang did smile in Epi 01 ! 

@mademoisellesia there were a few earlier spitting shots ..... but I particularly like this one when the cowardly Motor Mouth Il Shin was pushed forward towards the portal.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Daejang be like ... why are you looking at me like .....  [ fill in the blanks ] :sweatingbullets:

* you can't leave me alone, do you?

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, H0ney said:

I could not resist a wet handsome warrior with his wet black coat and wet hair. 

Yup! 

10 hours ago, violetts said:

I’ve always wondered about that too. She was always so eager to leave from the get go, and yet when it came to actually go back, she hesitated. Almost as if something irrational pulled her back. (Thats called gut feeling Eun Soo. Your heart and body reacting unconsciously because deep down, you want to bang that hot Daejang warrior ㅋㅋ) 

Absolutely!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

13 hours ago, msdot said:

Episode 1

T

Third, we see the huge difference in Choi Young’s versus Eun-soo’s view of violence. When Choi Young slashes the guard’s neck at the medical conference, to him it’s just part of a day’s work for the king. To everyone else, they’re (and we would be) horrified beyond words, and it’s the beginning of many shocks for the Doctor, who will face everyday violence she’s never seen or experienced before. So the series will have to answer this question: How will she resolve that trauma for herself, and can she love a man who regularly deals death to others and returns reeking of their blood? 

Episode 2

I

We’re also introduced to one of the main villains in Faith, Ki-chul. There’s already a comedic/absurd edge to him and his crew, as the ingredients and preparation of his skin formula are creepy and way over the top. Not to mention his bejeweled hair net! At the same time his ruthlessness is emphasized as he sentences the Goryeo advisors to death. That combination of humor/absurdity and cavalier ruthlessness makes him one of my most memorable villains. At times I’m even tempted to like him!

Lastly I was struck in this re-watch by how long Eun-soo hesitates as she’s about to go through the portal, back to modern-day Korea. She sees that Choi Young is having a big disagreement with Il-shin about her going, and the argument is heated enough that people are drawing their swords. If she only wanted to return to her world, why didn’t she just leave? I’ve decided that she knew he was in a serious dispute and was already starting to care about him. Song Ji-na, the screenwriter of Faith, wrote in her novel that Choi Young went and got Eun-soo at the portal not only to follow orders but also responding to something in him that didn’t want to let her go. I think their attraction went both ways right from the start.

Here’s a question. After being stabbed, Choi Young told first the Woodalchi and then Eun-soo to leave him behind. Do you think he thought he could cure himself or that he would just let himself die? I think it was both, that if he could cure himself with his inner power, fine, but if not, he was just as ready to embrace death. What do you think?

I apologize if this is too long.  I just adore this series and have watched it, oh, 20-30 times and counting. Looking forward to Episodes 3 & 4!

Sorry to cut your post. Wanted to respond to your comments.

CY felt nothing slicing the man's neck. It was unfeeling, did not respect life even his own, like you said, all in a day's work. Either they die or I die. I have to show this doctor what the injury is.

Yup ES took her time leaving and you said SJN said in her book that he instinctively did not want her to leave. BTW, do you have SJN's book translated into English. My friend bought one but it was in Korean.

Lastly, I think he thinks he can cure himself and it also gives him an out to leave the king and join the Mambo siblings. Or if he dies, oh well.. To him life is just not dying. He did not care either way.

Oh yes, I like wet Daejang and Daejang in a hood.:mrgreen:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

21 minutes ago, CallieP said:

BTW, do you have SJN's book translated into English.

No, but breathless survival, bless her heart, has translated numerous sections of it. As far as I can tell, Song -ji-na only went up to about Episode 7 in her two volumes. Maybe she got tired or there wasn’t enough demand. It’s really too bad. The link is also posted on page 1 of this thread. Here it is again:

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Alright, first two episodes down! This isn't a rewatch for me, I'm a first timer, so here are my vague thoughts: 

-I like both the leads so far. I'm a sucker for the "honorable warrior" trope but I like that despite this, we saw him lazing around sleeping! He seems more serious but not super cold and stern. I dig it. I also like that even though doctors are typically seen as sensible, logical, and sophisticated, Eun-soo isn't shy with her emotions - and we see her visiting a fortuneteller, which I wouldn't have expected from a doctor! 

-The lightning hands power is, uh, unique...? I assume that'll get explained more! 

-I like the music, I always enjoy epic orchestral soundtracks

-I have a hard time believing anyone would survive being stabbed through the gut like that, outside of a modern emergency room, but hey, it's drama land

-Spiky-haired young guy is cute

-I like the queen, her subtle sass at the end when the king told her she must obey him was great, clearly she's not going to be easy to control. 

-Never thought I'd see a male lead in a historical drama throwing a police riot shield like Captain America, but here we are...! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

20 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I know @Aleumdaun I hear you.  Im stuck in my real world :sweatingbullets:  How come u can finished so fast?  

I will be back later.. will continue with gif.  Also got questions.  Pls take care of my Daejang.

@Min2206 Working from home + no school for kids + heat wave warning = finish two episodes in one day :joy:

I still couldn't figure out a capture a gif from Viki. If you know let me know. 

Edit: 

I figured out a way - not perfect but here goes:

OMO did Daejang say these words out loud? And does he mean what I think he means? @msdot @vangsweetie637 @mademoisellesia @Min2206 and all sunbaes,please enlighten me. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1.  Daejang did not use the zebra crossing - no wonder, the emergency brakes, horns and cursing.   
2.  LMH forgot to tell Daejang how to act calm / cool in public when spotted by fans.

Yay, today is PH for me here .. @Thong Thin still asleep?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1