Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

 

@violetts Nomu nomu NOMU kamsahamnida for the translation.

 

Everyone, please give Violetts a huge thank you, yeah? :) 

 


Thanks for your explanation @mademoisellesia on the popularity updates, present vs 8 years back.      It's heartwarming to hear them - do share more.   

Done earlier.. anyway, one more time :P

You went through tough times because of me @violetts - my appreciation
giphy.gif

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 91.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • mademoisellesia

    9873

  • LuvMinHo

    4069

  • Maja

    4023

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

EVENT: a season of swords and destiny!     Welcome to the re-watch party of faith chingus! for those who don't know, august 15 was Korea's independence day. inspired, we decided to

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT! hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover one of the dramas that was part of the re-watch events that we kicked off this quarter with the saeguk theme.

Hi! Sure thing!  Thanks for posting these by the way, I had never seen them before.    Okay hum, bear with me, this is a very rough translation ^^’   First video:   At 00:

 

Episode 2

 

Opening scene with sweet puppy Dae man calling Daejang.

On a side note,  Daeman has fast reflexes and can effectively carry out instructions,

which is enough for a member of wooldalchi but he doesn’t seem to be very bright in the intellectual sense.

 

 

CY : Lady you aint heavy, I am gonna take you to bed right now

 

ES : You are supposed to send me back home to Gangnam, you are a  big fat liar  !

 

Pervy General !

 

q3aIlXKfFZaMi6zLarptyphqtNIx6yvXXBe7eois

 

LOL, the ring tone  that she set up for low battery notification  kinda cute “Please feed me”

She must be one who loves food.

 

 

 

Puppy Daeman

Spoiler

IE001482455_STD.jpg

 

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

It is a cult popularity. Being a sageuk is a disadvantage, as many people shy away from it including myself. The recapper is correct to say it stood the test of time because look what happened 8 years later? I was very surprised that the new fans are giving good reviews for Faith and fell for Choi Young. Although a lot had to do with @Heretorant's selling skills. And I am shocked I am being sucked into 4th season of recap. 20 years later, will we be doing 100th recap? LOL LOL LOL.

 

Lee Min Ho, do you see this? The contributions and devotion from your Minoz and Drama Fans? 

 

We need to understand the media that report about LMH's dramas probably didn't watch his dramas. It is highly likely they look at statistics (gross and popularity) and decided Faith is not worth the mention. They are not drama/movie critics.

 

I'm sure we all know very well now that statistics do not always reflect quality of the show. It's objective and a personal preference.

 

@violetts Nomu nomu NOMU kamsahamnida for the translation.

 

Everyone, please give Violetts a huge thank you, yeah? :) 

 

 

Sorry to cut your post. Thank you so much Sunbae @mademoisellesia for the clear description about the versatility of Faith and Choi Young as one of LMH's most memorable roles!

 :heartxoxo:

 

It made me happy because Faith also proves LMH versatility as an actor. I felt sad when I saw haters were doubting his acting versatility and accused him to only choosing chaebol-handsome lead roles. This is definitely not true with Faith. Choi Young is so different from his other roles, I couldn't see a slight trace of Gu Jun Pyo, or Kim Tan in Choi Young!

 

And nomu nomu kamsahamnida for @violetts for the translations :) 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Min2206 said:

You went through tough times because of me @violetts - my appreciation
 

 

Haha thank you for the gif.

And um, I don't know if this can be considered a spoiler but since there are many new chingus who never watched the show here, I'm going to hide the next part just in case.

 

Spoiler

Choi Young is always so serious and looking grave in the first few episodes, I'm glad Eun Soo broke through that thick shell of his to bring some fun into his life. 

He used to be so carefree back when he was part of the Red Moon Army (okay he was younger then too) it's nice to see him bloom again throughout the episodes.

 

 

3 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

It is a cult popularity. Being a sageuk is a disadvantage, as many people shy away from it including myself. The recapper is correct to say it stood the test of time because look what happened 8 years later? I was very surprised that the new fans are giving good reviews for Faith and fell for Choi Young. Although a lot had to do with @Heretorant's selling skills. And I am shocked I am being sucked into 4th season of recap. 20 years later, will we be doing 100th recap? LOL LOL LOL.

 

Lee Min Ho, do you see this? The contributions and devotion from your Minoz and Drama Fans? 

 

We need to understand the media that report about LMH's dramas probably didn't watch his dramas. It is highly likely they look at statistics (gross and popularity) and decided Faith is not worth the mention. They are not drama/movie critics.

 

I'm sure we all know very well now that statistics do not always reflect quality of the show. It's objective and a personal preference.

---

 

@violetts Nomu nomu NOMU kamsahamnida for the translation.

 

Everyone, please give Violetts a huge thank you, yeah? :) 

 

 

I think you perfectly summed up why Faith is so active and loved even after all these years. It lures you in with LMH and traps you with its great storyline, complex multi-dimensional characters and excellent plot development. 

 

Yesterday, I went out with a coworker turned friend who has absolutely no clue about korean entertainment, has never watched a korean drama. And I managed to convince her to watch Faith just by showing her LMH's instagram page and telling her about the summary of the show. :lol:

Her first reaction when I showed her a picture of LMH: 

"Wait- I didn't know Korean guys were so tall and.... hot?!"

 

I'm actually going over to her place on Saturday to give her my hard drive with all the Faith episodes loool.

 

--

Awww don't thank me, it was a great pleasure. If you guys have any more videos you'd like me to translate, feel free to ask!

It pushes me to keep up and maintain my Korean languages skills haha. 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at Gi Cheol's hair accessories and earrings! 
Epi 2 has a lot of nice gifs .. hahahha!  I am laughing as I am doing them.  

I did two gifs on this ..     


I can't lose my mind .. because ..
giphy-downsized-large.gif


@H0ney   What did you just say?!
giphy.gif



I need to ask you guys, pardon me for this -- what is Imja?
And @Aleumdaun - was it during this scene that Daejang called her by that?

 



 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@JoannaID

 

Edit: I shared a cut scene of the below but SBS blocked it?

Maybe try again→(Link)

 

Here here, a moving version of "Shut up" and "You are touching me here & there..." :w00t:

Sending you all to the Gutters...

 

@Min2206 Imja = "you". But I think it means "lady/miss" in sageuk speech & in Faith. I think I better tag @violetts

http://therevolutioner.blogspot.com/2012/09/faith-korean-drama-min-ho-what-does-im.html

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Somehow, I only discovered Faith after TKEM, having already seen everything of LMH’s from BOF till today except for Bounty Hunter.  I completely fell in love with Faith and adore the Imja couple (but still don’t know why CY says Imja…please help!).

 

This past month, I watched mostly every day for favorite parts of different episodes.  I've grown to deeply appreciate the writer and the director and not only for our couple.  They really can tell a story and use a range of characters and elements well.  I’ve also noticed some bits that have re-appeared in other popular K-dramas:  the animation of acupuncture’s effect inside the body (Live up to Your Name/KNG), doctor/soldier couple (DOTS); trying to find the people inside the TV monitor (LOTBS).

 

Never noticed some touches on first viewing Ep 1 and 2 that I appreciated watching again this week:  the soon-to-be-familiar child-like cry “Captain” from forest-boy Deok Man as CY heads into the door to heaven, the spot-on fortune telling of a beautiful heaven-sent man with whom ES will spend time, the soon-to-become familiar plea for food when ES’s phone goes off and lets CY know she’s held prisoner upstairs.  First time around I wasn’t so interested in the fortune telling scene.  This time I see how it provided the background from which to observe ES’s growth.  Ditto for the background on CY.  Things got established quickly including the royal couple’s bad relationship of withering looks and the overblown speaking style of the king’s man. 

 

I like that Faith sticks close to the 1-hour format.  Okay they had 24 eps.  It seems like big productions like TKEM sign on for 16 episodes but give 70-90 minutes each ep.  I prefer shorter and Faith’s depth of character development, which was a weakness for me in TKEM’s Lee Gon character…who I could look at all day but would have liked more from and know LMH would have given it.

 

Looking forward and for those watching for the first time, this link runs somewhere in the Faith forum and is great for backstory since it is a translation of the writer’s screenplay.  I’m loving it.  Enjoy!  https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations/

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi @kdyes  Thanks for sharing the backstory (much thanks to the translator for his / her hard work) 
Each para and line is so mesmerizing:sweatingbullets:

Allow me to share extracts from the writer  (Epi 1) :   
 I think Eun Soo was unconsciously attracted and reeled in by Choi Young’s eyes from the beginning. And I don’t blame her – LMH’s eyes said it all and more from the start to finish. They were just so expressive…totally killer.

From CY's POV (Epi 1)
My thoughts returned to the woman in my arms. Compared to Goryeo women, she was taller. She filled my arms. I remember her flower-like scent. The wind blew her bright hair across my face. I will remember her scent and her hair only. It looks like I’ll think of her in unexpected moments as I carry on with my life. Heaven…the place where she belongs…will not be easily forgotten.
 

 

 @mademoisellesasha   The YT clip you shared have this  "You are touching me here & there" - the one I am watching - my version does not have it - guess they have different subs.  Had me thinking where I was - where could i be missing this scene.  Thanks!  :D

 


@Thong Thin Beautiful gif!  Happy Weekend to you too! 



1624043350475EC2264C3C

cr blog.daum 

 

 



 

  • Like 4
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

@mademoisellesia, @kdyes : not a specialist of sageuk talk, but based on what I know, we have two veryyyy different meanings for Imja:

 

First meaning is an informal way of saying "you" : pretty sure I heard Choi Young say "imja" to Gi Cheol at some point during the show. It's a derogative way of referring to someone.

 

Second meaning is... an endearing way to refer to one's wife/girlfriend (or whatever the equivalent of a girlfriend is in the 1300s). Imja means "darling" / "honey". 

 

EDIT: but nobody in modern Korea says "Imja" to their partner lol. 

I guess it's the old fashioned equivalent of "Yeobo"? 

But then again I've never lived in Korea so I don't know the cool words to call their gf/bf, besides the classics "jagi", "oppa", "noona", "yeobo". Or my favorite "yah!"

 

EDIT 2: Again, don't take my explanations at face value, I'm a fake Korean hybrid, I have no idea about the symbolic meaning this word carries. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, violetts said:

 

 

EDIT 2: Again, don't take my explanations at face value, I'm a fake Korean hybrid, I have no idea about the symbolic meaning this word carries. :lol:


Fakey korean hybrid yes or no, your explanation is good!   I will take the 2nd meaning - thanks a lot for teaching us korean words @violetts!

giphy.gif
even Daejang knows what is a surgical  "hook" , (sorry no sound here but ES said hook in English).  He learnt the 2-word  "shut up" much later, when he was in pain. :D

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Min2206 said:

I need to ask you guys, pardon me for this -- what is Imja?

If you're asking, what does Imja mean, I read that it's an older term for "you" but can also be used affectionately, similar to  "Honey" or "Dear one". I think he goes from using it in the former sense to using it in the latter sense over the course of the series.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@JoannaID

 

Edit: I shared a cut scene of the below but SBS blocked it.

 

Here here, a moving version of "Shut up" and "You are touching me here & there..." :w00t:

Sending you all to the Gutters...


Thanks for sharing, I already saw the video on Youtube before you removed it in the forum, my mind already went to the gutter after reading the recaps and explanations about the line. :D 

The subtitle was so different with the version that I watched, thankfully there were Sunbaes here who shared detail recaps! *sigh*

 

3 hours ago, kdyes said:

I like that Faith sticks close to the 1-hour format.  Okay they had 24 eps.  It seems like big productions like TKEM sign on for 16 episodes but give 70-90 minutes each ep.  I prefer shorter and Faith’s depth of character development, which was a weakness for me in TKEM’s Lee Gon character…who I could look at all day but would have liked more from and know LMH would have given it.

 

Looking forward and for those watching for the first time, this link runs somewhere in the Faith forum and is great for backstory since it is a translation of the writer’s screenplay.  I’m loving it.  Enjoy!  https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations/

 

I completely agree with your character development part of TKEM. The drama had very ambitious concept, but I think the character executions could be better, especially for Lee Gon.

Thanks for sharing the backstory, it's so detail, I liked it! :) 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, msdot said:

If you're asking, what does Imja mean, I read that it's an older term for "you" but can also be used affectionately, similar to  "Honey" or "Dear one". I think he goes from using it in the former sense to using it in the latter sense over the course of the series.

 

@msdot You just make me smile over the progressive / growing use of the term, the way you put it.  Thank you. :P

 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Thanks for sharing, I already saw the video on Youtube before you removed it in the forum, my mind already went to the gutter after reading the recaps and explanations about the line. :D 

The subtitle was so different with the version that I watched, thankfully there were Sunbaes here who shared detail recaps! *sigh*

You saw it! Great!

 

@violetts Thank you. So all this time we're "using" it incorrectly, bwahahaha. Well, it's gonna stay that way because "imja" has become a term of endearment to us now. It's kind of hard to imagine a proper mannered Daejang would use "You" so directly to a woman.

 

@Min2206 Choi Young has superb memory and intelligent. Even Jangbin... ES keeps saying "antibiotics"... "cut" - and he knows what she's talking about, LOL.

 

@kdyes All dramas used to be an hour before until one year the Big 3 (MBC, KBS, SBS) decided to cut down the time and used it to show more CFs (=$$$). And then couple years ago they cut 1 episode to 2 x 30 mins, it was said more CFs can be shown in between. Cable TV dramas still remain at 1 hour and sometimes longer.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello my Faithlings!! :D

 

Omo!!! I wrote such a long post/replies to you all and went to find the perfect gif to add onto it on another tab..came back and it’s all gone..!

 

 

 

giphy.gif

So sorry to hear that.  Was it him?

  • LOL 3
Link to post
Share on other sites


@Lmangla @mademoisellesia   few more on the Il Shin Advisor before going off.   ES was so strong that she could push him off, though still reeling in shock.    Wish I know how to put the vid with sound here - CY started to cough and groan in pain when ES rushed over, touching his chest and checking his pulse.   


giphy-downsized-large.gif



The freaking murderer Advisor!  

giphy-downsized-large.gif

giphy.gif

 


 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@violetts translation of the interviews where LMH said he was building his muscles for KHS but then lost 7 kg.  I couldn't help thinking that he probably planned to go topless but after he lost 7 kg, he did not want to. Poor LMH, all his effort for naught :lol:.

 

@vangsweetie637

Omo!!! I wrote such a long post/replies to you all and went to find the perfect gif to add onto it on another tab..came back and it’s all gone..!

 

 

Sometimes it comes back if you find the right page where you originally put in your post.  Once or twice I thought I lost it and it came back another time or at a different page. It used to save  but now it does not if you move from the page. Another option but it is too late for you now is to try an undo.  Sometimes, some phrase is missing. I do a Ctrl+Z and it comes back.

7 hours ago, kdyes said:

Somehow, I only discovered Faith after TKEM, having already seen everything of LMH’s from BOF till today except for Bounty Hunter.  I completely fell in love with Faith and adore the Imja couple (but still don’t know why CY says Imja…please help!).

 

This past month, I watched mostly every day for favorite parts of different episodes.  I've grown to deeply appreciate the writer and the director and not only for our couple.  They really can tell a story and use a range of characters and elements well.  I’ve also noticed some bits that have re-appeared in other popular K-dramas:  the animation of acupuncture’s effect inside the body (Live up to Your Name/KNG), doctor/soldier couple (DOTS); trying to find the people inside the TV monitor (LOTBS).

 

Never noticed some touches on first viewing Ep 1 and 2 that I appreciated watching again this week:  the soon-to-be-familiar child-like cry “Captain” from forest-boy Deok Man as CY heads into the door to heaven, the spot-on fortune telling of a beautiful heaven-sent man with whom ES will spend time, the soon-to-become familiar plea for food when ES’s phone goes off and lets CY know she’s held prisoner upstairs.  First time around I wasn’t so interested in the fortune telling scene.  This time I see how it provided the background from which to observe ES’s growth.  Ditto for the background on CY.  Things got established quickly including the royal couple’s bad relationship of withering looks and the overblown speaking style of the king’s man. 

 

I like that Faith sticks close to the 1-hour format.  Okay they had 24 eps.  It seems like big productions like TKEM sign on for 16 episodes but give 70-90 minutes each ep.  I prefer shorter and Faith’s depth of character development, which was a weakness for me in TKEM’s Lee Gon character…who I could look at all day but would have liked more from and know LMH would have given it.

 

Looking forward and for those watching for the first time, this link runs somewhere in the Faith forum and is great for backstory since it is a translation of the writer’s screenplay.  I’m loving it.  Enjoy!  https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/faith-translations/

 

Great that you discovered Faith after TKEM, Netflix should have Faith. @Layali has been asking everyone to request Faith on Netflix. After TKEM  and Kingdom, more people will be interested in watching. Layali could post the link here for requesting Faith and City Hunter.  It is true KES did not let LG's character develop enough. She did not utilize LMH sufficiently.  Fans were complaining that in some episodes he was missing a lot of the time. More time was spent on the detectives and JTE not LG. Even then he gained so many new fans. The magic of LMH. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..