[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Set Out On A Journey After His Exile In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min will embark on a difficult journey on the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

Previously on “Alchemy of Souls,” the secret behind Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook)’s unusual birth was revealed—and it turned out that the reason Jang Gang (Joo Sang Wook) was so intent on preventing his son from learning magic was in order to protect him.

Unaware of this fact, Jang Wook was heartbroken when he was spurned by not only his father but also his father’s friend Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang), whom he had always seen as a paternal figure.

After being banished from Songrim, Jang Wook sets out on a journey with Mu Deok (Jung So Min). In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Jang Wook has a determined glint in his eye as he and Mu Deok set sail, raising the question of where they might be headed.

Meanwhile, Mu Deok carries not only Jang Wook’s hefty belongings but also the sword belonging to Jang Gang that he received from Park Jin.

Lee-Jae-Wook5.jpg

Jung-So-Min5.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook-Jung-So-Min6.jpg

The producers of “Alchemy of Souls” teased, “The difficult journey of Lee Jae Wook, who built up his physical stamina in order to become a mage, and his brutal teacher Jung So Min begins now. Please look forward to the growth of Lee Jae Wook, who will gradually make something out of nothing, as well as the unexpected moments between the fierce teacher and student that will make your heart flutter.”

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” will air on June 26 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Set Out On A Journey After His Exile In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

Hello hello!! I am watching this drama as well and I enjoyed the first two episodes :D haven’t watched the 3rd one yet…

Anyways loving the chemistry between Mu Deok/Naksu and Jang Wook! I knew Naksu would be Wook’s master the moment he said he was looking for a master.

Also I’m glad that the drama didn’t delay the secret with Mu Deok and Jang Wook figured it out immediately! No dragging out which is nice. I still need to watch episode 3 so that’s all I have to say so far~

PS.. wonder if Jang Wook is a super strong mage or something, which is why his father blocked his energy….stronger than Jang gang? Does it have to do with switching the souls with the king? Hmmm

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

30 minutes ago, ferily said:

PS.. wonder if Jang Wook is a super strong mage or something, which is why his father blocked his energy….stronger than Jang gang? Does it have to do with switching the souls with the king? Hmmm

It was a bit of a surprise to see that also the Crown Prince has mage powers, meaning that the Royal Family also has them.

On the other hand, Mu Deok/Naksu confirmed in ep 3 that no one is stronger than Jang Gang as mage. With Uk being a mix of both the King (soul) and Jang Gang (body), it's possible he has stronger powers than anyone in Daeho.

The reason for why Jang Gang blocked Uk's energy is something we find out at the end of ep 3. Won't spoil it here for you, chingu, since you haven't watched it yet :kiss_wink:

@everyone

I am planning on putting up a poll after ep 4 has aired. If you have any questions you'd like to see in the poll, don't hesitate to tag me on this thread or to PM me.

:hooray2:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I just wonder why the writers want to create a link between Mudeok and yul? it was so intense between them, the poor will fall in love with her, there is a beautiful chemistry between them

i just read the possibility of season 2 with 10 episodes,  so total 30 episodes, it will depend of the first season and netflix, but with netflix, it's probably sure

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

i just read the possibility of season 2 with 10 episodes,  so total 30 episodes, it will depend of the first season and netflix, but with netflix, it's probably sure

Netflix has this listed already as 30 episodes in total.

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

I just wonder why the writers want to create a link between Mudeok and yul? it was so intense between them, the poor will fall in love with her, there is a beautiful chemistry between them

I ship Mu Deok/Naksu and Yul already! :wub: Sorry @4evrkdrama for not supporting your Uk oppa. Let's face it, he's the third wheel. :D

Third Wheel Love GIF by The Bachelor

Too bad @Ameera Ali seems to be in a drama slump. Her gifs of this drama would really spice it up. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I hope those writers will write a satisfying ending for the love story from the past.

I want Yul to be happy and not to be trapped in the past like the SL in the drama Hotel del Luna.

Anyway, Yul and Naksu have a great chemistry.

I liked how quickly Yul realized  MD's intention.    :approves:

FV_kDZpVUAALkD6?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

I ship Mu Deok/Naksu and Yul already! :wub: Sorry @4evrkdrama for not supporting your Uk oppa. Let's face it, he's the third wheel. :D

I knw Eonni,

i7JbMcO.gif

Even I am slightly inclined towards their chem. but since am so baised over uri Wook Oppa I ship Mu Deok/Naksu with Jang Uk.

By the way,

I want his hairstyle to get changed ASAP.

It's so annoying 

:evilelmo:

47 minutes ago, partyon said:

Too bad @Ameera Ali seems to be in a drama slump. Her gifs of this drama would really spice it up. :D

Yup miss her alot.

:brokenheart:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 10/16/2021 at 5:02 AM, Maetawinz said:

Wanna shared about drama location story.

Wow, they really built everything new...i hope they dont destroy it after the end of each filming... it would be such a shame and waste ....

Just saw the 1st episode, and am still confused with the Jang story (just because the king's soul went into the other guy, does it make Jang the king's son? No right).... hmm... nvm, am sure ep2 will be better... 

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Just saw the 1st episode, and am still confused with the Jang story (jusy because the king's soul went into the other guy, does it make Jang the king's son? No right).... hmm... nvm, am sure ep2 will be better... 

They do reveal more of the story in ep 2 and 3. But there are still some unanswered questions. Do let us know your thoughts once you have finished ep 2 and 3! :dorakiss:

@rocher22 chingu, who is your oppa in this drama?

Think Sesame Street GIF

Also, do you think we're gonna get an abs scene?

At least the Uncanny Counter oppa (Park Jin) and Minhyun (Yul) have abs to my knowledge. Not sure about the rest?

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

@rocher22 chingu, who is your oppa in this drama?

I like LJW

but all the actors perfectly suit the characters they play

FWE7QMDaMAAtwam?format=jpg&name=360x360

FV_NqGTaIAA_o_B?format=jpg&name=360x360

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Also, do you think we're gonna get an abs scene?

At least the Uncanny Counter oppa (Park Jin) and Minhyun (Yul) have abs to my knowledge. Not sure about the rest?

:D

FV2RPf5aIAAmC3Y?format=jpg&name=360x360

• LOL 4

I'm totally sold for this drama. I really hope this drama will give good ending since I'm a bit bitter with the writer give weak ending on their previous drama.

They have great cast, even the original Naksu is a total badass beautiful lady. Mu deok origin still a mystery and I think she might also one of the mage (probably the sister that they thought dead) since she didn't have any blue marks like other soul shifter. 

Another mystery guy enter in Episode 4 looking for the soul shifter which probably one of the mage master. This drama giving Harry Potter vibe but of course in Korean folkore version.

• Like 1
  • Blob 4

On 6/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

“Alchemy Of Souls” Stars Talk About Their Real-Life Friendship

LOL!! They totally look like a boyband :lol:

Episode 3 was great, btw. Uk already started to be a bit jealous and petty when Mudeok tries to get close to Yul. :D And I like their banter...hope we will have plenty of fun with training scenes in the next episodes, with Naksu being a merciless teacher.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 3

On 6/26/2022 at 6:54 PM, partyon said:

They do reveal more of the story in ep 2 and 3. But there are still some unanswered questions. Do let us know your thoughts once you have finished ep 2 and 3! :dorakiss: 

Just finish watching ep3... hmm.. on one hand, if he didnt become conscious of his power, then he is the son of Jang, but if he is, then he is the King's son... then again, elder Jang did say that a star shown brightly when he was born, so regardless it seemed that its his destiny to become king... the king's son. 

Biologically, it is difficult to comprehend of course but i guess such stories are not unknown; many examples in religious context, ie supernatural pregnancies...

Its just ep3, and of course they have to be mean to him, inorder for him to realise his power and not become evil in the end... but sad that it had to come to that; to make him look so bad, he had such a bad childhood as it is, it wasnt even his fault!! ... its god's or in this case the drama writers' fault for making his birth and childhood tragic.... sigh...:D

Is that assistant working at the giseng's house, the same actress in Shooting Star as the reporter? My eyes deceived me..:D

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

A poll is up! :happydance:

Time to let us know what your first impressions of this drama are. Who do you ship?

ship it GIF

Please vote in the poll on top of this page before next week's episodes air. :glasses:

@backstreetboysfan @realistic2280a @Vega Lyra @orion00 @4evrkdrama @LeftCoastOppa @ferily @sadthe1st @marrez1 @rocher22 @agenth @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @morganian @rocat @Daesun @Photo Photo @Gumiho @lila21 @UnniSarah @maribella @Yinye @TheQueenReturns @aria26 @PororoQueen  

-------------------------------------------------

PS. Just a quick personal comment about ep 4.

I cannot get onboard a possible Uk & Naksu/Mu Deok ship. I just feel no such chemistry between them.

And it struck me in ep 4 that their interactions are more like a mother and son... :scream:

There were a couple of scenes were she was taking care of him or comforting him, and she kept patting him on his back like a Korean umma would do to their child....

So I started thinking, is it possible that Uk's mother Do Hwa is a reincarnation in Mu Deok's or Naksu's bodies? Or that some kind of soul swapping also took place when she died? It's just very strange to me that the interactions between the two of them are more like a parent and a child - and we have another love line from the start as well.

Suspicious Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Episode 4.

Hate how everyone is lying about Do Hwa having an affair when it's Jang Gang's fault for switching soul with the king. Poor Do Hwa have to die without honour and is being accused of having an affair until now.

Poor UK :( . We got some sweet Uk and Mu Deok scenes.

True but the question is this may she was already pregnant with. Jang Kang and we didn't know about it also  why Jang Wook hand acting like he wanted to fight and the guy who is consider to be his father.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1