[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Watch: Jung So Min And Lee Jae Wook Form An Unlikely Teacher-Student Bond In “Alchemy Of Souls”

“Alchemy of Souls” has shared an exciting new highlight teaser!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama will tell the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

The highlight teaser starts with the powerful Nak Soo (Go Yoon Jung), whose soul suddenly wakes up in the body of weakling Mu Deok (Jung So Min). On top of her new appearance, she’s shocked to discover her dramatic decline in physical agility.

Lee Jae Wook appears as the sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook of the Jang family. He’s told, “There’s no teacher anywhere who can teach you technique.” Jang Wook confidently responds, “I will find them myself.”

Jang Wook instantly recognizes Mu Deok as the teacher he needs and tells her, “I think we can become a beautiful teacher-student relationship where we can gain what we each want.” She ultimately agrees, but he’s much worse than anticipated, so Mu Deok takes Jang Wook to her personal training grounds.

Much to her dismay, this excites Jang Wook instead of motivating him so Mu Deok dramatically yells out, “Are you here to play? What are you doing right now?! Jang Wook. If you’re not going to do anything, just die.”

Despite the rough start the two have, they begin to develop a closer bond as Jang Wook tells Mu Deok, “I recognized you at first glance, my teacher.” She tells him, “While living, I’ve only met those who want to kill me. You’re the first to try to help me live.” However, Mu Deok adds, “If we meet again at this distance, don’t save me.”

Jang Wook goes through his own struggles as Park Jin (Yoo Joon Sang) tells him, “Remain as the young master of the Jang family who doesn’t know how to do anything.”

When he reunites with Mu Deok, Jang Wook states, “Thanks to you, I’ve come back to life.” With barely any energy left, Mu Deok replies, “You’ve lived, my student,” before collapsing into Jang Wook’s arms.

Watch the highlight clip below!

“Alchemy of Souls” will premiere on June 18 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Catch a different teaser here!

Watch: Jung So Min And Lee Jae Wook Form An Unlikely Teacher-Student Bond In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook, Hwang Minhyun, Yoo In Soo, And Oh My Girl’s Arin Shine With Unique Auras In “Alchemy Of Souls”

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” has shared a new preview ahead of its premiere!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama will tell the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Lee Jae Wook will play the role of sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook of the Jang family. Jang Wook has a tragic backstory, with the entire nation of Daeho whispering about the shocking secret behind his scandalous birth. Despite seeming cool and indifferent on the outside, he is burning with fiery mischievousness on the inside.

Hwang Minhyun will star as Seo Youl, the genius scion of the noble Seo family. Although he is flawless in every way – from his handsome looks to his brilliant mind and his impressive literary and martial arts skills – he is too naive to be realistic. Seo Youl is also a hopeless romantic who harbors pure-hearted love for one secretive girl.

Yoo In Soo will portray the bright, warm, and cheerful Park Dang Gu, the heir to a wealthy family in the top 1 percent of Daeho. Despite being the heir to an important family, the popular and outgoing Park Dang Gu is more interested in partying and the various rumors floating around Daeho than his business classes.

Oh My Girl’s Arin will be taking on the role of Jin Cho Yeon, the most popular girl in Daeho and the youngest daughter of the Jin family. Although she appears glamorous and elegant on the outside, Jin Cho Yeon is an immature and pure-hearted soul with a childlike innocence. In particular, she only has eyes for Jang Wook.

The newly released stills of the four characters are increasing the anticipation for the premiere. First, Jin Cho Yeon shows off her elegance as she stands under a beautiful cherry blossom tree, and she makes viewers smile with her spring vibes. Her expression is firm though, and it shows her resilience as the youngest daughter of the Jin family.

Oh-My-Girls-Arin.jpg

Park Dang Gu is spotted pulling on his bow in front of a gushing waterfall. As the fun and free-spirited heir of a wealthy family, he gives off bright and energetic vibes that is reminiscent of the summer season.

Yoo-In-Soo1.jpg

On the other hand, Seo Youl is like autumn, and he shows off his noble and dreamy appearance in the middle of a golden field. His gentle and delicate charisma could be felt by his restrained movements during sword training.

Spoiler

Hwang-Minhyun.jpg

Last but not least, Jang Wook stands in a snowy field with a different kind of charisma than his friends, and his eyes are as cold as winter.

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook2.jpg

“Alchemy of Souls” will premiere on June 18 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser here!

Lee Jae Wook, Hwang Minhyun, Yoo In Soo, And Oh My Girl’s Arin Shine With Unique Auras In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 6/14/2022 at 10:21 PM, ferily said:

I’m super excited for this drama :love: The trailers got me hooked already!

Why am I not surprised chingu? :D You love sageuks!

What's up with the hairstyles of the males in this sageuk though? They have short hair - one even has blonde hair?

Also, some of the wigs....are questionable.... :D

• LOL 3

On 6/14/2022 at 11:51 PM, ferily said:

I’m super excited for this drama :love: The trailers got me hooked already!

I just saw one trailer, but I am looking forward to this drama too :piggydance:

7 minutes ago, partyon said:

Why am I not surprised chingu? :D You love sageuks!

She surely does, doesn't she? :joy:

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Get Unexpectedly Close In “Alchemy Of Souls”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Alchemy of Souls” has shared an exciting new glimpse of the chemistry between its two leads!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama will tell the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Lee Jae Wook will star as the sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook of the Jang family. Jang Wook has a tragic backstory, with the entire nation of Daeho whispering about the shocking secret behind his scandalous birth. Despite seeming cool and indifferent on the outside, he is burning with fiery mischievousness on the inside.

Jung So Min will star as Mu Deok Yi, who secretly harbors the soul of the great assassin Nak Soo. However, this fierce soul is stuck in an impossibly weak body that cannot keep up with Nak Soo’s powerful spirit. After becoming Jang Wook’s attendant and secret teacher, she begins training him in a brutal, merciless manner.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Jang Wook and Mu Deok Yi make viewers’ hearts flutter by meeting alone at night after their memorable first encounter. Bathed in the moonlight seeping through from the nearby window, the duo makes a picture-perfect couple as they gaze deeply into each other’s eyes without avoiding eye contact.

However, things soon take an unexpected turn when Jang Wook suddenly grabs Mu Deok Yi by the wrist and pulls her close while covering her eyes.

Lee-Jae-Wook-Jung-So-Min-2.jpg

Jung-So-Min1.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Jae-Wook-Jung-So-Min-3.jpg

“These stills capture a crucial scene that signals the beginning of Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min forming a student-teacher relationship,” teased the drama’s producers. “Please keep an eye on them as they open the door to a new relationship of delinquent student and brutal teacher.”

“Alchemy of Souls” will premiere on June 18 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Get Unexpectedly Close In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Have A Special Relationship In “Alchemy Of Souls” Poster

tvN’s upcoming Saturday-Sunday drama “Alchemy of Souls” shared a new poster starring the main leads!

Lee Jae Wook will star as the sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook of the Jang family. Jang Wook has a tragic backstory, with the entire nation of Daeho whispering about the shocking secret behind his scandalous birth. Despite seeming cool and indifferent on the outside, he is burning with fiery mischievousness on the inside.

Jung So Min will star as Mu Deok Yi, who secretly harbors the soul of the great assassin Nak Soo. However, this fierce soul is stuck in an impossibly weak body that cannot keep up with Nak Soo’s powerful spirit. After becoming Jang Wook’s attendant and secret teacher, she begins training him in a brutal, merciless manner.

On June 17, “Alchemy of Souls” unveiled a new poster that depicts the unique relationship between Jang Wook and Mu Deok Yi. Jang Wook is kneeling before Mu Deok Yi in a green bamboo forest, and she stands in front of him with square shoulders and a confident expression. Moreover, Jang Wook is regarding Mu Deok Yi with nothing but courtesy and respect, while Mu Deok Yi explodes with the dignity of a great master. The text on the poster reads, “I recognized you at first sight. My crazy teacher,” hinting that the two will form a student-teacher relationship.

Alchemy-of-Souls6.jpg

“Alchemy of Souls” will premiere on June 18 at 9:10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

Lee Jae Wook And Jung So Min Have A Special Relationship In “Alchemy Of Souls” Poster | Soompi

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, partyon said:

What's up with the hairstyles of the males in this sageuk though? They have short hair - one even has blonde hair?

Also, some of the wigs....are questionable...

its based on a fictional country so its not restricted to history or anything.. which is good for all kinds of creativity!

i'm waiting for this one too.. the trailers are super funny

the original assassin actress was one of the FLs in Law School.. i like her

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Jung So Min Is Less Than Pleased With Her Job As Lee Jae Wook’s Bath Attendant In “Alchemy Of Souls”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Alchemy of Souls” has shared a fun sneak peek of the dynamic between Lee Jae Wook and Jung So Min!

Lee Jae Wook will star as the sophisticated yet troublemaking young master Jang Wook of the Jang family. Jang Wook has a tragic backstory, with the entire nation of Daeho whispering about the shocking secret behind his scandalous birth. Despite seeming cool and indifferent on the outside, he is burning with fiery mischievousness on the inside.

Jung So Min will star as Mu Deok Yi, who secretly harbors the soul of the great assassin Nak Soo. However, this fierce soul is stuck in an impossibly weak body that cannot keep up with Nak Soo’s powerful spirit. After becoming Jang Wook’s attendant and secret teacher, she begins training him in a brutal, merciless manner.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Mu Deok Yi is visibly displeased with her new job as the mischievous Jang Wook’s bath attendant. As she struggles to hold up a bucket of water that is almost as big as she is, the fiery Mu Deok Yi makes no attempt to hide her fury as she grits her teeth during Jang Wook’s bathtime.

Meanwhile, determined to give Mu Deok Yi a hard time, Jang Wook keeps a close eye on his attendant as if searching for any excuse to scold her.

Jung-So-Min2.jpg

Lee-Jae-Wook3.jpg

The sparks between this unusual servant-master duo continue to fly at bedtime, when Mu Deok Yi threateningly wields a piece of cloth like a weapon as she glares daggers at an impressively unperturbed Jang Wook.

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Jae-Wook2.jpg

“Alchemy of Souls” will premiere on June 18 at 9:10 p.m. KST. In the meantime, check out a teaser for the drama here!

Jung So Min Is Less Than Pleased With Her Job As Lee Jae Wook’s Bath Attendant In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I watched the first episode and it was a lot better than I thought it would be ! :sparklyeyes:

With Hong sister dramas, they tend to be a bit "hit or miss" so I am still not fully convinced about it. Let's see how it pans out.

I am hoping it's not too romance focused. The story is quite unique in a sense, so I hope that we get to explore the 2 worlds and the magic properly during this drama. There are a lot of characters who were introduced to us in ep 1. How they are all connected will be interesting to find out. It's going to be fun to see how Naksu's and Mudeok's lives intertwine as the story progresses.

This has definitely a more c-drama feel to it - it's refreshing when k-dramas also offer us variety.

I just hope that we get to see some abs during the drama. :please:

We have both the Uncanny Counter oppa (Yu Jun Sang) and NU'EST idol oppa (Minhyun) who are potential lake / river bath scene candidates @Ameera Ali :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

LJW looks stunning in this role. 

I just reailzed that Jang Wuk is actually a crown prince. 

He saw water in MD's eyes...right..  :unsure: I assume thats why he is going to cover her eyes

in this scene... 

I wonder if Seo Yul will notice the same thing.

FVbXTgUUsAEHHbr?format=jpg&name=360x360

I liked JSW's appearance at the beginning of the first episode. 

This role perfectly suits him. 

• Like 4

Here are the ratings for Episode 1! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Alchemy Of Souls” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “Doctor Lawyer” Hits New All-Time High

tvN’s new drama “Alchemy of Souls” is off to a promising start!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama—which stars Jung So Min, Lee Jae Wook, and NU’EST’s Minhyun—tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 18 premiere of “Alchemy of Souls” earned an average nationwide rating of 5.2 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels. The new drama also took first place in its time slot among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored a nationwide average of 2.8 percent.

“Alchemy Of Souls” Premieres To No. 1 Ratings As “Doctor Lawyer” Hits New All-Time High | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

He saw water in MD's eyes...right..  :unsure: I assume thats why he is going to cover her eyes

in this scene... 

I wonder if Seo Yul will notice the same thing.

i'm guessing the round water mark that symbolizes the result of soul shifting did not appear on her chest above her heart, but instead hid in her eyes since Mu Deok was supposedly blind..

and the hooded guy that groomed Nak Soo to be a skilled assassin, i suspect he is the king who is living off human energy.. but why on a mission to kill off mages?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Blob 4