[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

@orion00 @kwayteow_mama I think it has to do with the real Mu Deok and how her body can take Naksu’s soul. That guy with the dog kept emphasizing how it’s possible Mu Deok can handle Naksu’s soul so it probably has to do with something about Mu Deok that the drama hasn’t explained yet. It’s clear that the real Mu Deok is special in some way so I’m guessing the drama will explain it eventually. You know how dramas are and they keep certain things a mystery xD

As for today’s episode, I absolutely love Jang Wook and Mu Deok’s interactions and relationship :lol: As Koreans would they, they have a 티키타카 or love/hate relationship and I am totally for it. The way they bicker with each other is HILARIOUS but at the same time, both of them care for each other. I am so looking forward to more of their character development.

And for the preview, I hope the preview is just deceiving us and what we saw really doesn’t happen..

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

i hope Teacher Lee is really on their side..

he is really super powerful being able to use his energy and controls elements.. hahaha when Naksu claimed that she could conjure rain and snow.. he created a long lasting rainbow.. and he doesn't even need to use brute energy to pull the cartwheel.. and easily break into songrim force fields..

and let's admit it.. the chaste tea must have done wonders.. he looks so much younger than Heo Yeom lolol

Season 2 Reaction GIF by Insecure on HBO

4 hours ago, ferily said:

I think it has to do with the real Mu Deok and how her body can take Naksu’s soul.

the real Mu Deok soul in that blindfold in the dream realm looks powerful.. but the weird part is, why ain't they showing the real Naksu facing Mu Deok in that scene (did my eyes play tricks on me since it was already middle of the night when i watched it).. is real Mu Deok slowly consuming Naksu's soul and energy where two become one.. like, alchemy of souls?

the last scene was touching.. its like, Uk doesn't care a heck about the duel or taking over the Gwangju position but wants to train the various -su just to fulfill Naksu's wish to go on the top of the tree.. she has become his motivation.

BUT..

I STILL SHIP THESE TWO!! ((needs the subs!)

cr.: owner

• Like 8

Here is the ratings for Episode 5! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Reign Over Their Time Slots In Fierce Battle For Drama Ratings

tvN’s “Alchemy of Souls” also remained first place in its time slot across all cable channels despite seeing a drop in viewership. The new fantasy romance drama scored an average nationwide rating of 5.4 percent for its fifth episode—and it also took first place in its time slot among viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it earned a nationwide average of 2.9 percent.

“Why Her?” And “Alchemy Of Souls” Reign Over Their Time Slots In Fierce Battle For Drama Ratings | Soompi

• Like 5

I love this scene and dialogues in the end of ep 5

“You said you want to see the moon from there. I am the only one who can take you up there…

Do you wish to go up there?” 

(Jang Uk, ep 5 Alchemy of Souls)

The lines above may seem ordinary. But I love the meaning of these words. 

They were the words from a man who wants to puts effort to make a woman’s wish comes true. Awwww <3 :relaxed: very romantic :heart: 

I love it whenever a guy offers his power or something to help a girl in her powerless/hopeless situation like Naksu :Ohboy3:

• Like 12

Episode 5 is full of fun.:lol:

I'm shipping Crown Prince and Mu-Deok in episode 6. I love the way CP treats MuDeok, it's like treating a friend. By the way who does not love Cinnamon smell? The Naksu or MD? - Clearly our handsome CP is the cinnamon lover.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PororoQueen said:

Episode 5 is full of fun.:lol:

I'm shipping Crown Prince and Mu-Deok in episode 6. I love the way CP treats MuDeok, it's like treating a friend. By the way who does not love Cinnamon smell? The Naksu or MD? - Clearly our handsome CP is the cinnamon lover.

their scenes are hilarious and full of surprises.. :D

I wonder if there will be a loveline between Dong Gu and CY..  

FWeVjCDaUAECD2C?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 4
  • Love 1

About the missing blue mark on Mu-deok’s clavicle and it showing in her eyes instead, I was musing over a few things…

that the original mu-deok was blind and the energy from naksu is giving her sight so the blue glow appears where there’s weakness

that the body and soul are compatible and hence the blue appears in the eyes instead

that the body of Naksu is gone and her soul cannot return and so the blue glow shows in her eyes 

Is Jang Uk the only one able to see the blue in her eyes? Do they only shine at him? Hehe, kinda romantic! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

BUT..

I STILL SHIP THESE TWO!!

Awww, they are very cute. And they have that beautiful story back in their teens. It's so easy to ship them...But I ship her with Uk too. It's clear that he cares about her already, and the tree scene was so romantic and heart fluttering. If I were Naksu I'd have problems to make up my mind and decide which of them I like more... :D

Anyway, can't wait for episode 6 and see what happens next!! The story is getting more interesting with the arrival of the new master. Also, it seems that Mudeok's soul is still inside her body, who knows what that means...maybe Naksu is doomed and will have to die anyway in the end? And, will the crown prince try to steal Mudeok from Uk?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

ahhh.. seems like its going to be much more exciting next week!!

It's seem too short this week episode! Mu-Deok or Naksu definitely the long lost Jin family. I hope in the preview is when Mu Deok enter the mirror

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Just now, orion00 said:

Mu-Deok or Naksu definitely the long lost Jin family

Spoiler

agreed with you!!

i'm suspecting real Mu Deok is the missing Bu Yeon.. originating from a powerful mage family, she should have immersed powers like the Jins.. perhaps that's why she is able to co-exist with Naksu..

also, Jin family seems to have some magical ornaments and artefacts containing good and evil spirits.. thus, all kept inside that "alibaba cave"..

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

giphy.gif

Have you booked your next trip yet?

If not, why not have a look at all these beautiful locations that have previously starred in kdramas? Come check it out - what do you want to see, or eat? 

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

Mudeok also refused the CP's offer.

Uk would be so happy to hear that.    :D

I wonder if this is the duel scene between the CP and Uk...or maybe it is a fight scene 

between Uk and the fake Mudeok.  :unsure:

FWv6tOWakAAQJhJ?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 3
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Oh My Girl’s Arin Gets Uncontrollably Jealous Of Jung So Min In “Alchemy Of Souls”

Sparks will fly on the next episode of “Alchemy of Souls”!

Penned by the famous screenwriting duo known as the Hong Sisters, “Alchemy of Souls” is a new tvN fantasy romance drama set in the fictional nation of Daeho, a country that does not exist in history or on maps. The drama tells the story of characters whose fates become twisted due to magic that swaps people’s souls.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Alchemy of Souls,” Jin Ho Kyung (Park Eun Hye) surprised everyone by proposing that Jang Wook (Lee Jae Wook) marry her daughter Jin Cho Yeon (Oh My Girl’s Arin). It was also revealed that the two were previously engaged at one point.

However, while Jin Cho Yeon still has her heart set on marrying Jang Wook, Jang Wook pays her little attention, as he is much more interested in his new servant-teacher Mu Deok.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Jin Cho Yeon and her mother meet with Mu Deok, whom she has begun to view as a romantic rival. In contrast to Jin Cho Yeon, who is as cheerful as ever as she beams at someone off-camera, Mu Deok’s expression is cast in shadow as she exudes an air of gloom.

Meanwhile, Jin Ho Kyung wears a displeased expression as she glares at Mu Deok, raising the question of why the mother-daughter duo met the servant in the first place.

Alchemy-of-Souls-800x534.jpg

Jung-So-Min1-800x533.jpg

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Hye-800x534.jpg

The producers of “Alchemy of Souls” teased, “In today’s episode, sparks begin to fly because of Jin Cho Yeon’s fiery jealousy. As she furiously attempts to keep Mu Deok in check over Jang Wook, for whom she harbors an unrequited love, she will transform into a living embodiment of jealousy.”

They went on to add, “Also, Jang Wook and Mu Deok will be swept up in a new incident due to Jin Cho Yeon. You won’t want to miss a second of the plot that unfolds, so please look forward to it.”

The next episode of “Alchemy of Souls” airs on July 2 at 9:10 p.m. KST.

Oh My Girl’s Arin Gets Uncontrollably Jealous Of Jung So Min In “Alchemy Of Souls” | Soompi

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I wonder if there will be a loveline between Dong Gu and CY.. 

After todays episode I'd say its almost certain ... Cho-Yeon will craft the rings initially for Jang-Uk but Dong-Gu will be the one to wear it.

I'll ship them

• Like 5
  • Blob 2