[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

11 hours ago, sadthe1st said:
13 hours ago, Vega Lyra said:

And I don't see Naksu killing all those people she promised to eliminate, and will she be able to keep living on that body or she will die in the end? Doesn't seem like she has any options...

i think she was under the mission of dangju (Jin Mu) to eliminate mages.. but since she has been abandoned by the sect, i don’t think she will continue the killing.. we probably need more answers to whats on Jin Mu’s agenda..

Since we have a flashback of all 4 senior members of the Daeho families at the slaughter of her village, yet present day some of the families are clearly benign, while others at the most are secretive, either her memories as a child are incomplete, or there's more to the village attack that we have yet to see.

What if the villagers had already become evil soul shifters and the 4 family seniors were merely protecting Daeho?  Naksu the child not knowing this, simply sees the 4 as monsters and so begins a life of vengeance.  Even as powerful as she is, she isn't going to take on all 4 families, nor do I think they are all evil.

I think were in for a real violent yank on the heart strings at the end of this - As the real Naksu's body was burned, she has nowhere to return to, if the real Mu-Deok reasserts control over her body, and I tend to doubt she steals another body ( but it would be fun if she briefly switched bodies with Cho-Yeon to test Uk's faithfulness ... fun! :lol:)  However, if the Mu-Deok soulshift doesn't become a problem I see Naksu fighting an ever increasing battle between taking what she sees as vengeance for her family, and her growing feelings for Jang-Uk.  Somewhere before the end I see an misunderstanding of some grave nature, and Jang-Uk and Naksu will end up literally crossing swords.

... Flying Snow & Broken Sword anyone? ... lets just hope in this case it turns out better.  (I'm alittle misty eyed just thinkling about it) :tears:

12 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

his birth mystery reminds me of Park Jin Gyeom in Alice..

@LeftCoastOppa chingu, i’m here to remind you again lol

Not Funny GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

24 minutes ago, kwayteow_mama said:

Sect... LOL reminds me of old Hong Kong wuxia films. I do wonder why Jin Mu need to kill mages though.

Some people take offence that storyline is taken from wuxia stories but I see it resembling more like Naruto/Bleach manga trope with a Korean fantasy flavor to it.

hahaha indeed.. it does remind me of the legendary chinese pugilistic world where one learnt the highest mastery and can control the swords to fly and zoom around.. lol if you get what i mean!

Cracking Up Reaction GIF

i'm ok with the idea similar to wuxia stories, since its meant to be a fantasy and fictional background its where creativity can be broad and vast, as long as they dun mess up the ending

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

On 6/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, sadthe1st said:

the illuminated effect from their swords displays good energy and magic, and the dark smoky ones probably are unorthodox.. thus the soul shifting and the gwigu (literally means ghost dog)

Had found something interesting by rewatching eps over and over again.

Maybe its insignificant but still..

Have you guys noticed 

the color change while soul shifting ?

The soul sifting btwn jang gang and king was dark and orange

Alchemy01_3B.jpg

Spoiler

spacer.png

While that of Naksu and mudeok was blue

spacer.png

spacer.png

Things are unusual when it comes to naksu - mudeok soul shifting !

Naksu hadnt choose mudeok but instead she was left with her in the end !

Perhaps the "energy" chose mudeok over the other girl that was meant for soul shifting.

I kinda feel the "sorcery itself chose mudeok" !

Why so ?!

Lets see.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

... Flying Snow & Broken Sword anyone? ... lets just hope in this case it turns out better.  (I'm alittle misty eyed just thinkling about it) :tears:

Oh noooooo...

I cant even think of it.

But am preparing myself for every possible worst scenarios including a sad ending where mudeok/naksu turning nto a rock.

:crybaby:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Have you guys noticed 

the color change while soul shifting ?

The soul sifting btwn jang gang and king was dark and orange

that's one great screenshot.. @partyon will love that.. cos joo sang wook looks good here!!

Yesssss Yes GIF

maybe its a way to depict how they are proficient with the 5 elements.. jang gang with fire and naksu with water

• Like 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, partyon said:

@Photo Photo Oh no... :criesariver:

Before you go, why don't you think the actress fits her role? I absolutely adore the FL actress (she's so talented and great in her roles) but I am also feeling like something is amiss this time around.

It is hard for me to pinpoint exactly what's bothering me about her. I am used to see her in cute/naive/innocent roles but here I feel she's trying too hard to act like a cold blooded assassin but it's not believable to me. Either her acting is not good enough or she doesn't have the face for it. I feel a more cold faced actress would work better. I like the original Naksu better.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

As the real Naksu's body was burned, she has nowhere to return to

Question: did we see Naksu's body being burned? Because I feel like someone just said it, but we never saw it happen. So am really wondering if Naksu's body is still out there somewhere - in a safe place?

You know how I am. Pics or it didn't happen :joy:

@4evrkdrama@sadthe1st Yes for ahjussi oppas :love:

4 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

I feel a more cold faced actress would work better. I like the original Naksu better.

I think you're right! I love Jung So Min but I am finding it hard to believe that she's a cold blooded assassin. On the other hand, the actress playing the original Naksu (Go Yoon Jung) is perfect for the role. I wish we would see a bit more of her as the drama progresses.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, partyon said:

@Photo Photo Oh no... :criesariver:

Before you go, why don't you think the actress fits her role? I absolutely adore the FL actress (she's so talented and great in her roles) but I am also feeling like something is amiss this time around.

I like her too but the character itself is pretty odd to me. It could be her acting and the director's vision of the character that is not translating well on screen for me (I can get the idea but the way it is executed is not charming nor realistic for me)

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

4 minutes ago, aria26 said:

It could be her acting and the director's vision of the character that is not translating well on screen for me (I can get the idea but the way it is executed is not charming nor realistic for me)

I find myself not really buying her facial expressions. She just doesn't look cold in anyway. It's like a kitten trying to look like a tiger.

Kitten Stretching GIF

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

On 6/29/2022 at 11:15 AM, partyon said:

I find myself not really buying her facial expressions. She just doesn't look cold in anyway. It's like a kitten trying to look like a tiger.

I think the original naksu had some hints of haughtiness/naughtiness in her, which would have worked really well for the character. It made me rethink of the female lead in another hong sisters drama, couple or trouble - a Han Ye Sul type of actress, who is kinda out of this world arrogant -since it would be difficult to go for realism, would have carried this better.

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Question: did we see Naksu's body being burned? Because I feel like someone just said it, but we never saw it happen. So am really wondering if Naksu's body is still out there somewhere - in a safe place?

51 minute mark in Episode 2

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

51 minute mark in Episode 2

Really!?!? :scream: Omo!

I was really jet lagged when I was watching ep 2 and fell asleep twice while watching it. I must have missed it. :D

But I asked @agenth who had supposedly "watched" the "WHOLE episode" and she said that the burning of Naksu's body was never shown.

:waitwhat:

EDIT:

I watched the scene.

TBH, I don't think that is Naksu's body. See, both @agenth and I have a theory that Jin Mu's right hand (the dude with the shoulder length hair, Kil Joo) is on Naksu's side. And that he will help her in the end.

I think he killed someone else and dressed her up to look like Naksu.

Even Yul says: "Is that really you?"

• LOL 4

16 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

I could comment but I find it less stressful to simply not critique chingu @agenth ... :rolleyes:

you can comment, any ill will effects may dissipate especially if you also..

Believe Korean Drama GIF by The Swoon

but all jokes aside, there just seems to be more to evil guy's right hand as he didn't report that Naksu is actually alive

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Eonni

I knw am late but here are the pics:tounge_wink:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

But i like her more than "Mudeoki"

:sad1:

If we could see more of her

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@partyon @aria26 I'm with you guys about Go Yoon Jung visuals more suited to a cold blooded assassin (and a beautiful one at that). But IMHO the whole Mudeok's character is to show the juxtaposition of a soul of a warrior stuck in a clumsy weak person i.e. JSM's typical cute and naive visuals. Remember Naksu originally didn't want to enter this body. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

I knw am late but here are the pics

do you recall seeing the blue mark on Naksu's body?

i'm hoping that the real Mu Deok's soul is still trapped in her own body (probably coma state) except that Naksu's soul has taken over.. since the blue mark is appearing in Mu Deok's blind eyes instead.. i'm assuming there is 2 blue marks (one for Mu Deok and one for Naksu).

13 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

I like the original Naksu better.

i like her too! hahaha

2 hours ago, kwayteow_mama said:

But IMHO the whole Mudeok's character is to show the juxtaposition of a soul of a warrior stuck in a clumsy weak person i.e. JSM's typical cute and naive visuals.

agree on this.. haha totally reminds me of the scene where she was feeling all lousy about her weak body after mimicking the real Naksu's moves.. then collapsing cos of leg cramps.. i almost died of laughter!

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

i'm hoping that the real Mu Deok's soul is still trapped in her own body (probably coma state) except that Naksu's soul has taken over.. since the blue mark is appearing in Mu Deok's blind eyes instead.. i'm assuming there is 2 blue marks (one for Mu Deok and one for Naksu).

Yes they saw the blue mark on Naksu's body. I think it's back in the first episode when Park Jin and gang crash into the "tavern" and found Naksu's body. They did check for the bruise. It's confirmed that Naksu's soul left.

There's some speculation that original MD soul still reside in MD, so kind of like 2 souls in 1 but still lying dormant at the moment. Also that MD is also a powerful soul that overpower NS soul such that she can't retrieve her powers though I have some doubts about this since we saw in Jin Mu's flashback that he have seen before JG weren't able to retrieve his powers when his soul transferred into the weak King's body. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, sadthe1st said:

Her eyes 

a21c61c8b81810206bfa8448d86c58bb090d75a8

Oh no..

What if the two souls clash with body and she runs wild ?

:crybaby:

I don't want that to happen.

• Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1