[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun And Ahn Bo Hyun’s Blind Date Gets Hilariously Awkward In “Yumi’s Cells”

Sep 24, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Yumi’s Cells” has shared an amusing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” is a new drama that tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action.

Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while Ahn Bo Hyun stars as the straightforwardly honest game developer Goo Woong.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Yumi’s Cells,” Goo Woong fell in love at first sight with Yumi during their blind date, which was all too relatable in terms of how awkward it was. After seeing Yumi, Goo Woong’s mind went blank, and he began trying to impress her with terrible jokes—to which Yumi valiantly tried to react with fake laughter.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, the smitten Goo Woong tries his best to keep their date going despite its unpromising start. Sporting adorable matching headbands, the pair heads to a frog festival, but they keep an awkward distance as they pose for a photo together. Yumi also looks amusingly frozen as she stares nervously up at Goo Woong with an ice cream cone in hand, while he returns her gaze just as uncertainly.

Kim-Go-Eun-Ahn-Bo-Hyun-22.jpg

The producers of “Yumi’s Cells” teased, “Goo Woong’s cell village will wind up erupting into just as much chaos as Yumi’s. The cells’ efforts to ‘hard-carry’ their romance is only just beginning.”

They added, “Yumi’s and Goo Woong’s inner thoughts and emotions will be expressed in a diverse variety of ways through their cells. Please keep an eye on the entertaining changes that will take place in their cell villages.”

To find out how the rest of Yumi and Goo Woong’s blind date will go, tune in to the next episode of “Yumi’s Cells” on September 24 at 10:50 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1489943wpp/kim-go-eun-and-ahn-bo-hyuns-blind-date-gets-hilariously-awkward-in-yumis-cells

• Love 2

I must admit that I am enjoying the ML POV too. It's fun to see the male POV. And it was so relatable, laughing at the lame jokes these men crack, thinking they are oh-so-hilarious! Been there , done that!

I am excited about tomorrow. She will gradually open up her heart and hopefully, she doesn't get hurt again. I am afraid that the ML's female friend will try to ruin it. :bawling:

• Blob 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Go Eun Is Carried To Emergency Room By Ahn Bo Hyun In The Rain On “Yumi’s Cells”

Sep 25, 2021
by E. Cha

Kim Go Eun’s and Ahn Bo Hyun’s “love cells” will finally meet on the next episode of “Yumi’s Cells”!

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” is a new drama that tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, while Ahn Bo Hyun stars as the straightforwardly honest game developer Goo Woong.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Yumi’s Cells,” Yumi and Goo Woong’s blind date ended with Yumi being impressed by Goo Woong’s considerate and honest personality, which contrasted with her first impression of him. But due to a buildup of stress, her “Hysterius” cell soon took over her brain, and after her phone shattered in the middle of a text conversation with Goo Woong, she decided that she no longer wanted to be hurt by love anyway and gave up on their budding romance.

However, just when she had set aside all intentions of pursuing a new relationship, Goo Woong suddenly arrived outside her office building with an umbrella, shielding her from the rain in a romantic moment that made viewers’ hearts skip a beat.

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming fourth episode, Goo Woong continues to come to Yumi’s rescue. After she passes out in the pouring rain, a drenched Goo Woong carries the unconscious Yumi all the way to the hospital emergency room in a panic. Once she regains consciousness, he nervously approaches her to check whether she’s all right.

Kim-Go-Eun-Ahn-Bo-Hyun5.jpg

The producers of “Yumi’s Cells” teased, “Due to Goo Woong’s aggressive pursuit of Yumi, new cells will begin to emerge and take the lead. Please look forward to the cell villages overflowing with unexpected and entertaining stories. You’ll also need to keep an eye on the chemistry between Kim Go Eun and Ahn Bo Hyun, which will shine brightly [in the drama’s upcoming episodes].”

The next episode of “Yumi’s Cells” will air on September 25 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1490109wpp/kim-go-eun-is-carried-to-emergency-room-by-ahn-bo-hyun-in-the-rain-on-yumis-cells

• Blob 3

Me three. My favorite was woong. I keep wishing they'd worked out the whole time i read the webtoon till it reached the last 1/3.

I thought this drama would give different take because Ahn Bo Hyun is promoted as the male lead but then i found out it's seasonal series. Guess i need to give up the alternate ending of woong and yumi giving it another try. 

At least soon rok suits yumi better than babi. And just like woong, he's one with chaotic but fun inner world

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

Now that really made my heart flutter! Woong definitely sneaked his way into my heart too. His 'bohemian' appearance didn't appeal much to me initially but his thoughtfulness and caring nature certainly won over my heart. 

Also, learnt an important lesson. So we can wear and still look cute/ beautiful in the right person's eyes. Why did we bother spending all our monthly salaries on clothes and shoes then and go bankrupt trying to look pretty?:crazily:

Woon's cell world is more fascinating than Yumi's , perhaps because it is the male POV. Yumi is someone I can totally relate to. Woong's smirk when he catches Yumi red handed, was kind of cute. And that kiss was mind-blowing!

My mood while watching the episode tonight::love:

Bugs Bunny Hearts GIF - BugsBunny Hearts Beautiful - Discover & Share GIFs  | Love gif, Looney tunes, Love heart gif

OST for tonight's episode!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Alert! Alert! Chingus....

Breaking Despicable Me GIF by Regal

A poll is up! Please vote.

By the courtesy of @partyon (abs cell) and @agenth (long hair oppa cell) :D

PS. Am enjoying this drama. It's fresh and fun and the cells make me laugh.

But the scene that made me laugh the most was when I found out it took 3 years for Woong to grow 1.5 mm of beard.And that he had to maintain it every day... 

:emmm:

tagging: @bee_wannabe @confusedheart @Lmangla @Sleepy Owl @ChunSungIm @nikki7 @nina_mitrokhina @backstreetboysfan @Latte_Anyday @RobinM @Emily Bett @madmad min @anjuliet @marrez1 @D27Gjk68 @kaqueski @Ameera Ali @sadthe1st @Min2206

re: @confusedheart (romance cell) @Lmangla (mustache cell) @Sleepy Owl (lazy raccoon cell)

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 2

Not at Yumi and Goo Woong's Lust cells AHAHAHAHAH! "It's SO big.." nope my mind is not in the gutter yo. 

But jeezus the fine abs when Goo Woong took that fantasy shower in Yumi's imagination damn LoL. Love the frog hoodie dress I want one it's too cute. 

Ugh Sae Yi BE GONE. Why did Ruby kept talking even after being told off by Yumi LoL?! Is she slow/dim witted? Like she cannot be that senseless right? 

I notice in most K-Dramas the female leads love wearing white. Why LoL? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

lust cells is so funny,he even didnt have pants on lmao :lol:

Spoiler

i know its spoiler but well because its based on finished webtoon and if they stick the story to that

woong is the best yumi boyfriends,babi is jerk and seonrok is yumi husbands. woong have all the criteria ,hes nice,love yumi but they broke up because woong work life.

who is seonrok shin,i wonder ?

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

I don't think babi is a jerk i just find him way too serious hence a bit boring. Maybe because i like chaotic funny/mischievous guys, and both woong and soon rok have that side while babi does not.

Spoiler

That's why da eun fits babi more. He needs someone like da eun to color his life a bit.

• Blob 2