[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Both guys are awesome but I have a forever soft spot for Woong eheh~ I like his height difference with Yumi and well.. he just seems manlier ha(?) Especially now that he's a CEO and he is rocking them suits, turtlenecks LoL!

Nothin' against Babi but the guy is just too.. perfect? Too good to be true. His dad is nice. There's just a lot of trust issues with the 2 guys and Yumi. Maybe it's better for Yumi to stay solo for a bit.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

have a forever soft spot for Woong eheh~ I like his height difference with Yumi and well.. he just seems manlier ha(?) Especially now that he's a CEO and he is rocking them suits, turtlenecks LoL!

Haha me too. :criesariver:

6 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

There's just a lot of trust issues with the 2 guys

I know right, especially with Babi. He could have deleted the other girl's number when he got back together with Yumi, but yeah, the trust has been tested, and without the Love cell there in the first place, it wouldn't have worked. 

I really enjoyed watching both seasons of Yumi's Cells. I hope they will continue with another season whenever or like what @marrez1 said, as a movie. 

• Like 1

I just finished watchin' the finale - raw I might add. That's how impatient I was. Not hard to get gist of story. Sorry things ended for Babi/ Yumi... AGAIN. And nope she didn't get back with Woong either tsk. Bummer. But oh wait. What's this?? A new mystery guy?? From back of his head he kinda looks hot ha-ha Idk.

Although I thought Yumi told Woong she bought a new place..? So why does it still look like her old place..? Anyways it's nice to see Yumi is doing well; career-wise. 

@anjuliet 

It was trust issues with Woong as well. The guy has too much pride & kinda suck at communication but he's still a goofball to me. I adore him~ Well at least he and Babi remain friends with Yumi. They say if you stay friends with your exes then you weren't in love in the first place (shrugs). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I thought Yumi told Woong she bought a new place..?

She probably just decided to buy the same place instead of paying rent. 

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It was trust issues with Woong as well. The guy has too much pride & kinda suck at communication but he's still a goofball to me. I adore him~ Well at least he and Babi remain friends with Yumi. They say if you stay friends with your exes then you weren't in love in the first place

Yep, his pride was his downfall in the end, he has a lot of money now but not the girl he loves. 

Ugh, exes are exes for a reason lol

• Like 2

'Yumi's Cells 2' Episode 13: Kim Go Eun Calls Off the Wedding

BY Geca Wills Jul 22, 2022 

Kim Go Eun and GOT7 Jinyoung's characters face a new relationship crisis in "Yumi's cells 2" episode 13. With only one episode left, will Kim Yumi end up with Yoo Babi or ex-boyfriend Goo Woong? Keep on reading for a rundown on the last episode!

'Yumi's Cells 2' Episode 13 Recap: Goo Woong Surprised by Yumi's Engagement

yumis-cells-2.jpg?w=600?w=650

The latest episode continues where Yoo Babi proposes to Kim Yumi. After patching things up, Yoo Babi asked Yumi to marry him. Of course, she said yes in a heartbeat.

The following day, Yumi gave hints on her Instagram about her engagement with Yoo Babi.

Former workmates Kang Yi Da and Ruby were thrilled to hear about Yumi's upcoming wedding.

Meanwhile, Control Z encourages Goo Woong to take his dating advice and pursue Yumi.

However, upon calling Ruby on speaker mode, he was told that Yumi is now engaged to Yoo Babi, making Goo Woong feel heartbroken.

Kim Yumi Meets Yoo Babi's Father

In "Yumi's Cells 2," episode 13, Yoo Babi decides to introduce Yumi to his father. The two visited their family's restaurant, being managed by Yoo Babi's father.

Since this will be the first time Yumi will be seeing her boyfriend's father, Yumi couldn't help but feel anxious, excited, and at the same time, worried.

At the restaurant, Yoo Babi's father was cold to the couple and didn't even greet or smile at them.

Spoiler

Yumi was left alone at the restaurant after her fiance got a call from the office asking him to drop by. Interestingly, Yumi managed to swoon over Babi's father with her charm after she was seen enjoying the tteokbokki.

Moreover, the father saw how polite and kind Yumi was after she addressed him as "father."

Yoo Babi's father even gave Yumi a surprise gift, hinting that he approves of her.

Yumi Hunted by Yoo Babi's Past

Yoo Babi was at his Yumi's house. At the time, the couple thought their relationship was going smoothly.

After deciding to get something at the store, he receives a surprising phone call from intern Yoo Da Eun, who was the reason behind their first break up.

Since Yoo Babi forgot his mobile phone, Yumi decides to check it but is shocked to see Yoo Da Eun's name.

The episode then jumps to eight months after the incident.

Goo Woong visited Yumi's house, saw that movers were transporting her things, and thought she might be moving to their marital home.

Interestingly, Yumi saw Goo Woong across the street and greeted him. He wished her congratulations on her engagement. Before heading to his meeting, he said he was looking forward to seeing Yumi in a wedding dress.

Yumi seemed baffled by his statement, which caused Goo Woong to be confused.

"Is there something wrong with what I said?" he asked. He returned to Yumi and asked for clarification from Yumi. He was then told that she and Yoo Babi had broken up.

The next scene shows Yumi and Yoo Babi calling it quits.  For Yumi, not deleting the intern's contact seems like a red flag to her, showing that he cannot be trusted.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/125962/20220722/yumis-cells-2-episode-13-kim-go-eun-calls-wedding.htm

• Like 3

LONG RANT ALERT

S2 Final Review

YumBAB The Disaster written in the Stars!!

I do get how people can be momentarily swayed but when BB's anger response was I trusted Yumi with someone called Patdol why can't she, he did not know who the person was but he took that as a weapon to justify his swaying emotions.Not Cool!
Like Ok Sorry but Babi's first anger response was Why didnt Yumi trust me like I did when she went in midst of the date to meet a random person whose message popped up (Assuming the gender was mentioned in the msg he saw). How is it the free pass for his Heart to notice and wander?
Also Yumi did NOT keep bringing Woong or inviting her into their personal space whilst they were in a relationship, Da Eun came and left without any glitch...one has to understand how these thing and repurcrussions differed here.And we decided to date our EX Babi again! The thing is Her emotional/sensitivity cell has always been the dominant one when it came to Babi for some reason, neither was Love Cell the initiator then nor now! 
Saranghe always was Not the decisive factor and that is one of the major factors that Yumbab for me dont often work.She is always emotionally damaged when she choses Babi.
Neither Reason helps nor Love its always the fanclub , kind of like how we do impulse shopping despite having no $$$ to manage the month's necessities .
With Yumbab the transparency was missing, Yumi was horrified while expressing her deep thoughts to Babi when she was drunk even after a year of dating, that makes no sense , why is always a bridge there? She went into relationship with him after her Pride soared + FOMO.
She was in Love but the chemistry was awkward also as I said it only showed while they were making out and never really talked about the elephant in the room, when she agreed to re date it was again due to him coming back and Pride issue, Her emotions were at peak her Heart wasnt
Her emotions were always the prominent one here that would sooner or later cause some form of issue , and it did it wasnt fair to BB.
The first time she rejected and went with Babi because of Fomo. The second time it was Yumis intentional curiosity and fuel her pride confession which made them be together. I get that but I feel everytime this happened it was unfair to Babi.
Babi may be a smooth talker but Yumi is the manipulator when ever it comes to makeup/breakup often. They cant work like this...When it was pure love then too Yumi even in a year was horrified she blurted her true self while being drunk...Aren't you supposed to be Really real?
Lol I am sounding like a Yumi basher here, but with Yumbab both are responsible for the condition they are in. Babi does sense the manipulation because he is observant but he slipped at a very wrong time, trust needs buildup for a lot of situations.Yumi may have manipulated the start but she is LOYAL. And to those who say He Trusted Yumi, dude he met Woong before he knew Woong was worried , BB was deep down concerned, so he did not stop her, also how would he object that whom was she meeting , it could be her Dad even.
My Mentor Encouraged me to pursue my dreams then he did a shitty thing which hurted my sentiments and respect. But I have to respect and trust and Love him all my life because he gave me courage. This Does not make sense. HURT is HURT PERIOD!

Woomi the One which Writers were showing too much to make us count how many ways one can break up and tag along..

Ironical how Woomi's relationship started at a hospital ER and finally ended there too.
I agree on one viki comment, somehow in all these chaos ....Yumi is still more comfortable with Woong in blurting everything than she does to BB.
Yumi does not feel the need to clarify why and how and what led BB to react to DE like that or even cross question, she gets soft hearted whenever Woong is in trouble and recalls what he did for her..
Girl deep down she closed all Woong's emotions , she actually tries to throttle those harder than does with BB . Also I felt she was always more comfortable with Woong over BB during a lot of instances.
But Woong was a dumb puppy dog who kept on bearing his heart out only to get rejected, Her love for Woong was buried somewhere and refused to come out as Yumi I get that once burned twice shy , Woong woud have to upskill his elementary school level speaking to woo her back.

WoomBab????? WHAT EVEN

Also with Woong and BB's contest both are Idiots , One Lies and One shows off That is NOT how it works....WORK on yourself first !!!
I think , with Woong being overly protective and BB with overly defensive, BB got the right to be angry with Woong, but Woong he was too transparent , dont go in and defend Yumi because you will be blamed nonetheless.
Also I want to know a thing, why is BB always so rude towards Woong? Even from before the hospital scene?? Woong was not this outwardly annoyed. BB always rubs me the wrong way when it comes to both of them together.
Special Mention Jinyoung's expression as BB when Woong goes like Unlike someone Yumi does not get swayed easily was EPIC <Dude Seriously? You dead now was BB's expression and sigh..Epic fun.
At one point it was as if Woong has Pride and is Rich, Babi is a smooth talker and Coky , and Yumi became manipulative ...wanted to hit all three of them on their Head. GET SOME SENSE AND BE TRUE TO YOUR OWN SELF was what I was shouting

Tell me how are you attractive contest > BB/WG

• Babi - I can swoop you off  the face of earth with my eloquent words and smile.
  • Woong - I can give you lavish lifestyle because I own the Gaming industry in South East AsiA.
  • Me - SHOOOSH both you Pride and Prejudice wannabees!!! Also Yumi please go to your Goblin , I am tired of Dumb and the Dumber here now aushhh....

Then the pacing of the series went slow mo again aigooooo
Highlight ....

Woong and Babi attractiveness contest Round 2

• Woong - My Idiot Pride is my Best quality
  • Babi - My Lies to protect you is my most Honest Quality...
  • Both are STOOOPID

Then the Elephant in the room BB's excess push to OWN Yumi and Yumi sleepwalking through the entire thing

BB - IDK why I didnt tell you I was in an accident and broke my leg and chose to lie..
YM - does that MAKE SENSE? Did you regret it?
BB - NO I thought You did
YM - You didnt..
Start to makeout!
What about REALLY REALLY TALKING IT OUT INSTEAD.?????????

Babi I feel is literally wanting to stamp and own Yumi, he proposed marriage and his leg didnt heal and he is limping his way to meet his Dad and took Yumi to Ensure and Fix dates ASAP! You can wait, she is not running away like his mind was.

YumisCellsS2 last few episodes theme song Line should be "Band-aids 'fix Bullet Holes you say sorry just for show..." Also where is Yumis Kpop band ? I miss them this season

Then I had a question , when you know You dont want to lead on Woong an your current BF Babi does not really like him, why do you agree to meet him over coffee? I get the care and pitty ness but wouldnt a clean cutoff be far better than miserable three??

Also with always overly romanticising Babi
They could have shown Babi's Mexican cells prepping the Soup for Sick Yumi instead of again overly Romanticizing Babi. That is the defacto problem since day 1 He does not feel real and is essentially not relatable!!!! Writers fleshed Woong  so well why not with BB?
Also Babi could have given Yumis number to the coffee shop lady instead of trying to AGAIN be the people pleaser and then trying a deroute then leaving the Laptop at Airport Security. Good Lord like Unnecessary stuff.

Then he AGAIN LIES about seeing someone. My God he is annoying and like I feel his Pride is >>> Woong at times this is some weird poetic stuff he has his head inside which makes no sense.

The Best Scene IMHO in Series Finale??

Yumis Best Cell award goes to Babi's Cells for what? For being almost invisible for 28 episodes? :Furious:

Then Every Cell of Yumi cheering for her biggest fan
Gu Woong Gu Woong Gu Woong... My Heart Broke..:sad1:

because he makes too much effort while Yumi is not on the same wavelength anymore...Woong needs to move on .

Yumi finally got a breakthrough for her dreams AND BECAME A Successful Writer and Bought her apartment and She is Happy and Enjoying with cute little fat cells.

Shin Soonrok

His forehead scene was the Scene...My name is Shin Soonrok and I am a BOT should have been the episode name...:foodie3:

For a non webtoon reader the ending is open also who is Shin Soonrok besides a forehead? Also why did I need good 40+ minutes of Ruby/Ctrl Z over BB's cells or Soonrok is Beyond me, they added so many scenes of idolistic Babi and Side characters over his genuine self was enraging

CONCLUSION - Rating 7.6/10

S1>S2 imho it was more worth the connection also the cells there were more relatable too, it was too much chaos and not clipped enough in second half for that I reduce the rating this season....Happy Living Yumi, Move on Woong and Bye Bye Babi...

• Like 2

I've been down the Yumi rabbit-hole for a month! I've just begun reading the webtoon, but I read posts from others who have read the whole thing, and here are a few things that might help explain some of the events:

Spoiler

Babi's Cells:

1. Babi does not have a Love Cell. He has a "people pleaser" cell that is disguised as a Love Cell.

2. His prime cell is Detective Cell, which is very good at observing people and figuring out how to please them.

3. Another strong cell is his Try-Hard Cell.

4. He never shows his true self, which is why his previous relationships failed.

5. The Big Question: When did Babi first become attracted to Yumi? By seeing how sweet and loving Yumi and Woong were together! He wanted that for himself.

6. He ends up marrying Da-eun. She is a good match for him because she understands him really well and accepts and loves him for who he is.

7. He is able to show his real self to Da-eun.

8. He also follows his dreams by quitting marketing and becoming a chef.

9. His encouragement of her writing talent was genuine.

This poster complained that they didn't show these Babi's cells during the show. I agree, it would have been very informative. But I also think that it would have made it too easy to see that Yumi and Babi would not last, so there would be no suspense. Also, I think the show did a pretty good job of showing all these things about Babi's character without explaining it explicitly. He was never a bad person, but there was always that layer of doubt.

Woong apparently pines for Yumi for a while, but eventually moves on. They don't show him in another relationship, but they do show him open to love someone else.

Anyway, I loved it. It was a very thoughtful show that was also really clever and funny, and told the story at its own pace. I loved that Yumi learned and grew from each relationship, and most important for her was to learn to put herself first, and always be true to her own wants and needs. Although I would love to see S3, I think the show ended where we can be confident that she will be happy and fulfilled on her life's journey.

• Like 2

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Production Team Of “Yumi’s Cells” Responds To Viewers’ Hopes For Season 3

With the end of “Yumi’s Cells 2,” the production team responded to rising questions about a third season.

On July 26, a source from the drama shared, “We’re thankful that viewers have expectations for season 3 as much as they have loved season 1 and 2. The second season has just ended, and the seasons require long production time, so the production team needs to take a break first. Season 3 will be discussed after that.”

Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi – from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings. The second season boasted of high viewership ratings, and it has been loved by fans all over the world, including Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia.

Production Team Of “Yumi’s Cells” Responds To Viewers’ Hopes For Season 3 | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

5 Times We Got Closure From The Finale Of “Yumi’s Cells 2”

“Yumi’s Cells 2” has officially come to an end, and it’s safe to say that the last two episodes provided viewers with a rollercoaster of emotions that we will be feeling for a while. While gripping onto the edge of our seats, viewers were slowly brought to closure as Season 2 came to an end. Fans of the series have become so invested in Yumi’s (Kim Go Eun’s) path of achieving her dreams as a writer and finding love. Here are five times we got closure from the last two episodes of “Yumi’s Cells 2.”

The feelings we had watching the last two episodes of Yumi’s Cells 2.

yuims-cells-2.gif

1. Ahn Dae Yong finding another true love

In the beginning of episode 13, we find out that Ahn Dae Yong (Jeon Suk Ho) is about to have a wedding with Yumi’s friend Kang Yi Da (Mi Ram). In a flashback, it shows that Dae Yong basically fell in love at first sight with Yi Da, finally replacing his love cell’s interest which was previously fixated on Yumi.

yumis-cells-2--1-800x446.png

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2--2-800x446.png

This part provided the perfect amount of comic relief in the angst-ridden finale of the series. Although Ahn Dae Yong was not a main part of the cast, viewers couldn’t help but sympathize with the heartbroken editor whose love for Yumi went on for so many years. It’s a relief to see that he was able to find true love. It was also hilarious getting to see his passionate love cell again – I missed him!

2. Yumi realizing her true feelings for Babi

Ever since Yumi and Babi (Jinyoung) get back together, Yumi’s love cell is no longer her primary cell. In fact, all the other cells mention that they have no idea where love cell is, which inadvertently implies that Yumi does not love Babi anymore. After Babi proposes to Yumi in the midst of an emotional moment, Yumi slowly realizes her doubts about actually loving Babi. The final straw of this realization is when Yumi sees that Yoo Da Eun (Shin Ye Eun) has called Babi in the middle of the night but Yumi does not seem to care.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-10-800x433.png

It seemed quite obvious that Yumi’s heart was no longer in the relationship after she and Babi got back together. Yumi seemed to be working extra hard in order for the relationship to work and was struggling to find her place with Babi again. With all the miscommunication, lack of trust, and hiding of true feelings, it was inevitable that this relationship would come to a breaking point. Yumi is able to realize this fairly quickly, and instead of dragging it on, she breaks up with Babi again, but this time, for good.

3. Babi accepting the breakup

After Yumi and Babi break up, the series skips ahead eight months. At this point, Yumi is living on her own and is about to finish her second book. Yumi happens to lose her laptop, which has the final part of her book already written. When Babi happens to call her on the phone, he explains that the cafe owner had called him because Yumi had left her laptop there. Relieved, Yumi goes to the airport to pick up the laptop in a locker where Babi had left it. However, as a result of a delayed flight, Babi is able to see Yumi and say goodbye as he moves to Singapore.

The moments leading up to this scene had viewers’ stomachs in knots. Mainly because there was the anticipation of them possibly getting back together, or at least some heightened emotions. However, this feeling is quickly diminished when Babi says that he is actually seeing someone. In the next scene, Babi reveals to his co-worker that he is actually not dating anyone and that he had just said that so that Yumi can feel at peace.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2--3-800x431.png

yumis-cells-2--4-800x426.png

yumis-cells-2--5-800x439.png

Babi has always thought about Yumi’s feelings and has never wanted her to feel uncomfortable on account of him. From the very first time he confesses his feelings to her to this last scene in the finale, Babi has always tried to make it so that Yumi feels comfortable around him. It’s a testament to Babi’s selflessness until the very end, and although it is still sad that he is hurt as a result of their breakup, he seems to be in a much better place. Here is to hoping that Babi will find someone who will make him happy!

4. Yumi finally ending her book

Throughout the entire last episode of the series, Yumi struggles to figure out a solid ending for her book. With the pressure of the publishing company as well as the negative comments that were left on her previous chapters, Yumi is finding it stressful to try and come up with an idea. She is finally able to come up with the ending when Ruby (Lee Yoo Bi) calls her from a party, asking her to join. It dawns on Yumi that the best way to end her book would be at a party.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2--6-800x434.png

Yumi finding an ending to her book also brought closure to the readers. As she typed the words, “The End,” it felt like it also marked the end of the series. You could feel the excitement and joy that Yumi felt after finishing her book, and as viewers, we could also (almost) breath a sigh of relief. We only want Yumi to be happy, and this felt like the closing of a new chapter but also hope for better things ahead.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2--7-800x410.png

5. Yumi’s love cell coming back and being happy again

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-7-800x428.png

Yumi’s love cell finally makes a return toward the end of the series, signifying Yumi’s readiness to find love again. Her life is in a good spot in that she is a successful author, is living out her dreams, owns her own house, and is financially no longer struggling. It is also toward the end of the series that viewers are first introduced to assistant editor Soonrok.

In the webtoon, Soonrok is the one who Yumi ends up falling in love with and marrying. Although the series did not get to that part, the last scene of Soonrok introducing himself via chat could imply that the two will be together. Despite this assumption, the director has left the ending of this series to be pretty open-ended.

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-sunrok-800x435.png

Although it is a bit open-ended in that fans did not get a glimpse of Soonrok at the end of the series, there is still the closure and feeling of contentment that Yumi is at peace. She is living a drama-free life and is ready to start her journey with love. In her past two relationships, Yumi’s heart was never fully able to heal as she was still on the mend of previous heartbreak, but now it seems that she is completely ready to find that special someone.

Goodbye Yumi, Babi, Woong, and all the adorable cells. Hope to see you again one day!

Spoiler

yumis-cells-2-800x601.jpeg

5 Times We Got Closure From The Finale Of “Yumi’s Cells 2” | Soompi

I actually love yumi and ba bi couple together, kim go eun and jinyoung are so matched, at season 1 I didn't feel their chemistry so I postponed watching season 2, but I end up liking this couple so much. hope they could be in a drama together again.

anyone like this couple too ?

I just watched eps 11 and read spoilers they will break up in the end.. why da eun called ba bi in the night TT.. 

I'm also a bit disappointed that they didn't show much of babi's cell, curious about his naughty cell :D Woong is dinasour.. but I really enjoyed season 2 .. and the cells are very cute

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Yumi’s Cells” Director And Writers Talk About What They Did Differently With Season 2 + Wittily Comment On Potential For Season 3

The production team of “Yumi’s Cells 2” shared behind-the-scenes stories!

Director Lee Sang Yeop and writers Song Jae Jung and Kim Kyung Ran, who participated in the production of “Yumi’s Cells,” revealed the reason why “Yumi’s Cells 2” was adapted in more diverse ways unlike the first season, which focused on visually adapting the original work as it is.

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi (Kim Go Eun)—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action.

“Yumi’s Cells 2” aired its season finale on July 22. While the main narrative of the first season was focused on the romance between Kim Yumi and Goo Woong (Ahn Bo Hyun), the second season focused on Kim Yumi, who became more mature, starting a new love story with Yoo Babi (GOT7’s Jinyoung) after breaking up with Goo Woong. However, both seasons have in common that they ended with the message, “The protagonist of Kim Yumi’s life is Yumi herself.”

yumis-cells-4-768x512.jpeg

Writer Song Jae Jung remarked, “We planned Season 2 at the same time as Season 1, but we chose a different concept for Season 2. In the first season, I thought that being synchronized with the original work was most important, so I tried to create scenes that are as close to the original as possible. But it seemed it would be boring if we maintained the same pattern for the second season. Moreover, people’s like and dislike for the character Yoo Babi were so polarized that they had absolutely no anticipation for Season 2. That is why I had to make a lot of adjustments.”

She continued, “I feel so sorry to Shin Soonrok’s fans, but I had to take from Soonrok’s narrative. I also wanted to highlight webtoon writer Lee Dong Gun’s creative points, but a lot of those were in Soonrok’s love story. While the first two seasons were planned, production for Season 3 was not certain in the first place. Since Soonrok’s episodes might get wasted, I brought them into Babi’s.”

For the time being, the production team’s judgement was proved to be right. Fans, who were eagerly looking forward to seeing Shin Soonrok, were divided into “Team Goo Woong” and “Team Babi” and enjoyed the drama in an unexpected way. Writer Kim Kyung Ran commented, “Actually I wanted that to happen while I was writing [the script]. I hoped the viewers would be divided into Team Goo Woong and Team Babi and have discussions over their love triangle. That’s why I enjoyed those reactions.” Writer Song Jae Jung added, “Actually, I wanted the [argument] to be more intense. The second half of Season 2 was the most interesting part among both seasons.”

yumis-cells_3-768x512.jpeg

Fans are already looking forward to Season 3. Some speculate that Shin Soonrok, who appeared briefly at the end of the season finale without showing his face, foreshadows the next season. Regarding this, director Lee Sang Yeop answered, “I think I need to take a break as I’ve been working for a long time. If we decide to do Season 3, we should resume our talks then. I think there will be an uproar from the moment I mention a specific actor for Shin Soonrok’s role. Just between us, we [the production team] have been saying that a star like Timothée Chalamet should take the role. (Laughs)”

Spoiler

yumis-cells_2-768x512.jpeg

yumis-cells_1-768x512.jpeg

“Yumi’s Cells” Director And Writers Talk About What They Did Differently With Season 2 + Wittily Comment On Potential For Season 3 | Soompi

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Yumi’s Cells” Takes Home Best Original Program At 2022 Asian Academy Creative Awards

Yumi’s Cells” won at the annual Asian Academy Creative Awards (AACA)!

The AACA is one of the largest award show that celebrates the various content created throughout Asia during the year. The ceremony is held every December in Singapore and was held in-person for the first time in two years on December 7 and 8 at Chijmes Hall in Singapore.

“Yumi’s Cells” took home the award for Best Original Programme by a Streamer/OTT, beating out “The Rap of China” from China, “Ghost Cleansing Ltd” from Hong Kong, “Mumbai Diaries” from India, “Seribu Nina” from Malaysia, “Still” from the Philippines, “Identiti” from Singapore, and “Wannabe” from Thailand.

Yoo Seul Gi, a producer from Studio Dragon, was in attendance at the ceremony to accept the award. “This drama was a new challenge for us, and we are so grateful to be given an award for this challenge. I’m so glad to have been able to make this drama.”

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi (Kim Go Eun)—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action.

“Yumi’s Cells” also received a nomination for Best Picture at the first-ever Blue Dragon Series Awards held in July, where Kim Go Eun took home the award for Best Actress.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of “Yumi’s Cells” on this amazing win!

“Yumi’s Cells” Takes Home Best Original Program At 2022 Asian Academy Creative Awards | Soompi

• 10 months later...

Kim Go Eun Shares Reunion Photo With “Yumi’s Cells” Co-Stars Jinyoung And Ahn Bo Hyun

Kim Go Eun Shares Reunion Photo With “Yumi’s Cells” Co-Stars Jinyoung And Ahn Bo Hyun

On October 23, Kim Go Eun posted a photo on her Instagram with the caption, “It’s been a while—BabYumWoong,” referring to their “Yumi’s Cells” characters Babi, Yumi, and Woong.

In the photo, Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, and Jinyoung pose affectionately with their arms around each other’s shoulders. The three actors worked together in 2022 drama “Yumi’s Cell 2,” making fans excited to see their surprise reunion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyunVk-yw4E/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=4c651d56-0590-4c0a-9872-28733d40b1a0

In the post, Jinyoung left a brief comment, writing, “It’s been a while!” Actress Ahn Eun Jin, who is known to be close friends with Kim Go Eun with whom she went to the same high school, also responded, “Youth,,,,,”

Jinyoung-ahn-eun-jin-1.png

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Yumi’s Cells” tells the story of an ordinary office worker named Yumi—from the point of view of the many brain cells in her head controlling her every thought, feeling, and action. Kim Go Eun plays the titular role of Yumi, an ordinary woman who struggles with expressing her feelings, and GOT7‘s Jinyoung stars as her charming co-worker Yoo Babi. While the first season focused on Yumi’s love story with Goo Woong (Ahn Bo Hyun), the second season revolves around Yumi’s romance with Yoo Babi.

Kim Go Eun is currently filming for her new film “Love in the Big City” (working title), while Ahn Bo Hyun was recently reported to be in talks for an upcoming historical romance drama by the writer behind “Love in the Moonlight.” Jinyoung enlisted in the military earlier this year in May.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1621450wpp/kim-go-eun-shares-reunion-photo-with-yumis-cells-co-stars-jinyoung-and-ahn-bo-hyun