[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Red Velvet's Wendy is the first artist to lend her voice for TVING original drama 'Yumi's Cells'

AKP STAFF

1631751008-wendy.jpg

Red Velvet's Wendy is the first artist to participate in the original soundtrack for TVING's latest original drama, 'Yumi's Cells'.

Wendy will be singing the OST Part.1 for 'Yumi's Cells', titled "Does He Care About Me". Music composer Lim Soo Ho, who composed a number of hit songs including Chung Ha's "Why Don't You Know" and IU's "Lilac", participated in composing the first original soundtrack "Does He Care About Me". The OST s a song about one's wishes for their crush to have the same feelings toward them. The lyrics will likely be relatable to anyone who has ever loved someone. In particular, Wendy's attractive vocal tones, synchronized with the beat of the song, will relay the heart-fluttering emotions of a pure love.

The first original soundtrack for 'Yumi's Cells', sung by Wendy, will be released through various online music sites on September 17 at 6PM KST.

E_YSt7yWYAAwsIL?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/09/red-velvets-wendy-is-the-first-artist-to-lend-her-voice-for-tving-original-drama-yumis-cells

• Like 3

Kim Go Eun Instagram Update: ‘Yumi's Cells’ Star Shares a Sneak Peek of Her Character Ahead of Much-Awaited Premiere

Tags Kim Go Eun Kim Go Eun Instagram Kim Go Eun New Drama Ahn Bo Hyun Yumi’s Cells Yumi’s Cells Release Date Yumi’s Cells Premiere

BY Geca Wills Sep 17, 2021

kim-go-eun.jpg?w=900

(Photo : Kim Go Eun Official Instagram)

Kim Go Eun greets her 4.3 million followers with a sneak peek of her character in the upcoming Kdrama Yumi's Cells opposite Ahn Bo Hyun.

The 30-year-old South Korean beauty took to social media as she teased fans with a glimpse of her titular role as Kim Yumi.

Kim Go Eun Instagram Invites Fans for Kdrama Yumi's Cells Premiere
In the photo, the actress can be seen sleeping as she lay on her bed, hinting about a special moment for the soon to premiere series.

kim-go-eun.jpg?w=600?w=650

Kim Go Eun
(Photo : Kim Go Eun Official Instagram)

Moreover, the "Goblin" star also invited the viewers to watch the debut of her comeback drama.

"Finally, today! #YumiSCells TVN 10:50 pm! See you soon," Kim Go Eun's Instagram caption reads alongside a heart emoji.

Over the comment sections, fans expressed their excitement for her new drama as netizens filled it with a lot of heart and smiley emojis, expressing their support for the Hallyu star.

Ahn Bo Hyun and Kim Go Eun Flaunts Unique Chemistry in 'Yumi's Cells'

Kim Go Eun's Instagram post comes ahead of the tvN premiere of "Yumi's Cells."

Scheduled to be released on September 17, airing every Friday and Saturday at 10:50 pm KST, viewers will witness the onscreen chemistry as the actors portray Yumi and Goo Woong.

In the latest update, the broadcast network shared a photo of the actress alongside her male lead, Ahn Bo Hyun, welcoming fans to see the first episode of the rom-com drama.

yumis-cells.jpg?w=600?w=650

Yumi's Cells
(Photo : tving Official Instagram)

What to Expect in Kim Go Eun's New Drama 'Yumi's Cells'
Based on the popular webtoon of the same name penned by Donggun Lee, the upcoming series is directed by Lee Sang Yeob, the genius behind "A Piece of Your Mind" and Seo In Guk's K-drama "Shopping King Louie."

"Yumi's Cells" follows the story of the ordinary office girl Kim Yumi and her struggles with her inner thoughts after falling into a deep coma.

Spoiler

Yumi's Cells

It came after she experienced a traumatic heartbreak due to a toxic relationship.

Despite her current state, she gets overwhelming support from her adorable little friends known as her cells.

Her primary cell acts as the leader of all the other cells, including her rational, emotional, anxiety, fashion, and even her anxiety cells.

Interestingly, the drama will also showcase how her love cells will be awakened by the skilled game developer named Goo Woong, played by the "Itaewon Class" actor.

With his timid and yes or no personality stimulates how Yumi will react towards her new friend.

Spoiler

Yumi's Cells

Viewers can also expect a series of heart fluttering and intriguing moments from "Yumi's Cells" cast, including Lee Yoo Bi as Ruby, Park Ji Hyun as Goo Woong's colleague Seo Sae Yi as well as GOT 7's Jinyoung, who took on the role of Yoo Babi.

At the same time, fans could also see special cameos from "Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha" star Lee Sang Yi and SHINee's Minho as Wook, Yumi's longtime office crush.

Spoiler

Yumi's Cells
(Photo : TVING Official Instagram)

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/121994/20210917/kim-go-eun-instagram-update-yumis-cells-star-shares-sneak.htm

• Like 3

SHINee’s Minho Steals Kim Go Eun’s—And Everyone Else’s—Heart In “Yumi’s Cells”

17 September 2021

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

tvN’s upcoming drama “Yumi’s Cells” has shared a brand new glimpse of SHINee’s Minho in his swoon-worthy position!

Based on the hit webtoon of the identical title, “Yumi’s Cells” will inform the story of an bizarre workplace employee named Yumi—from the perspective of the various mind cells in her head controlling her each thought, feeling, and motion.

Kim Go Eun shall be taking part in the titular position of Yumi, an bizarre lady who struggles with expressing her emotions, whereas Ahn Bo Hyun will star because the straightforwardly sincere recreation developer Goo Woong. Minho shall be taking part in the position of Chae Woo Gi, a junior colleague of Yumi’s who’s good-looking, proficient, and caring as well.

The newly launched stills seize Minho’s transformation into the preferred man at Yumi’s workplace—the one everybody appears to have a crush on, with Yumi being no exception.

In one photograph, Chae Woo Gi provides Yumi butterflies by stopping by her cubicle to cheer her on, whereas in one other, he units her coronary heart aflutter by gazing at her along with his signature good-guy allure. Other images present him sporting a sunny smile and his common pleasant expression as he chats with different colleagues.

As for what viewers can look ahead to in tonight’s premiere, Minho commented, “I think you’ll be able to enjoy the drama even more if you focus on the synergy between the cast’s realistic acting and the cells’ activity.”

MInho-3.jpg

Minho-4.jpg

“Yumi’s Cells” premieres on September 17 at 10:50 p.m. KST and shall be accessible with subtitles on Viki.

In the meantime, take a look at a teaser for the drama with English subtitles under!

https://gossipchimp.com/shinees-minho-steals-kim-go-euns-and-everyone-elses-heart-in-yumis-cells/

• Like 3

They really cast the perfect Ruby, because I want to wring her neck lol. 

And all the emotions/cells frustrate me (in a good way). It makes me sympathise so much haha. 

The involvement of the cells is a touch overwhelming

Which is your favourite cell? :D

Mine is love because her absence rendered Yumi's life very tedious and without colors!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

This was so cute! Just the right kind of drama to unwind after a grueling week. Go Yumi! We are cheering for you from the sidelines. That ex BF was a real piece of art. Glad, he is out of the picture. He was getting on my nerves. I like the SML? too. Ruby is Maleficent from the Disney movie!  This whole drama gives me inside Out, the Disney movie vibes. I love it!

From this drama, I have learnt to love myself a little more. After all, my cells are working sooooooo hard to help me exist in this world. They need a little bit of TLC as well.

Poor anxiety, someone please go give her a big hug and tell her, 'kinchana'. Reason has a tough time keeping everyone in line. Emotions, you are too impulsive and flighty. Get a grip on yourself babe. 

My only gripe is why reason is a 'male' cell where as emotions a 'female' cell? Gender stereotyping? #angercellactive

Inside Out |Meme| - YouTube

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, confusedheart said:

My only gripe is why reason is a 'male' cell where as emotions a 'female' cell? Gender stereotyping? #angercellactive

Yeah... that one also bugged me. Why does male mean rationality and female emotionality? Though, granted, I remember that the same for the webtoon, too I think. Most cells were "male", except Love and Emotion and Anxiety (and Shopping). 

And I agree, the ex boyfriend was TRASH. The power of Love cell was so strong that she got hurt "easily" as Love made her overlook all the red flags. I think the combination of love and reason would be perfect, reason to temper the rose-tinted glasses. Because all the ex boyfriend memories were seriously skewed to the negative, but due to Love's influence, it looked cute to her. 

Ruby is so manipulative and her sugary voice and aegyo is one of the reasons I cancel most kdramas when such female lead is the star of the show. 

What I like about Yumi's cells is that they show the process in the mind, things that influence what comes out of her mouth or how she acts :D 

Also Minho isn't really my type, but I really liked the opening of the show

:issohappy:

E-_1lYFVQAABzKN?format=jpg&name=large

Here's a relationship chartz. Cr as tagged in photo

• Like 3
  • Love 2

This is so cute! 

Didn't realize Shinee Minho had such deer/doe-like eyes LoL. Ruby is super duper annoying ugh! That stupid helium voice of hers OMG. 

Yumi look like she'd meet her real love in next ep. I don't get a good vibe from Woo Gi anyways. He just seem the typical younger male colleague. It's obvious Mr. Nam likes her too. 

What the heck was Yumi wearing in that ep. preview though? It looked like she's stuck on a 70s getup LoL. 

• Like 3

First impression! 

I like it!!
I was worried about the flow, but they manage the transition between real actor and cartoon pretty well. The animation is also very expressive and cute. It must be difficult because majority of line of the cells are acting like monologue while the real actor and actress have short, simple straight forward lines. 

They go very closely with the webtoon in the begining. 

I like the introduction of each cells of Yumi. There will be more cell characters of yumi added later on (Im putting this in spoiler for those who havent read webtoon) Her love cell seems naive and childish now, but that has always been the main selling point because as the story progress, you will see how her cells grow in character too! 

Spoiler

As Yumi's character develop later on she will find her talent and hobby and new cell character emerge because of this. Her priority shifts and her love pov become more mature. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

wwkwkwk i thought nam joo hyuk appears ,it turns that the chief of yumi office named nam joo hyuk

its cute drama,i really like it. the cells are very funny,and its good animation too.

now who is shin seon rok ,yumi husband ? please god casting,cast A list actors

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

• partyon changed the title to [Current Drama 2021] Yumi's Cells 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun - tvN Fri & Sat @22:50

I thought i'd pass this one because i love the webtoon too much and so many adaptations fell short of the actual source. But the animation is too cute and fun to pass. It's fun seeing them alive with voice and motion. 

16 hours ago, confusedheart said:

My only gripe is why reason is a 'male' cell where as emotions a 'female' cell? Gender stereotyping?

There's a chapter in the webtoon explaining the origin of these cells. I forgot the details, what i remember is emotional cell came from Yumi's mom's town and rational cell as well as hunger cell came from Yumi's dad's. These cells migrated to Yumi's town when Yumi's born. 

But it's still inconsistent actually because cells from other town, like Woong's cells, Ruby's and Bobby's are all homogenous. Or maybe it's related to dominance theory. Like in real life certain kid takes after the mom too much while the other kid takes after both.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

'Cells of Chyle' Kim Go-eun, Choi Min-ho and Thumb Airstream...Lee Yu-bi and Neurogenesis

on September 17, 2021

E_lN0WVWYAUYiG9?format=jpg&name=small

E_lN2tAXEAE5Nj5?format=jpg&name=small

E_lN5JoWEAQSB11?format=jpg&name=small

Photo: Teabing original 'Cells of Chyle'

Teabing original 'Cells of Chyle' stimulates curiosity by capturing a secret triangular current that is sensitive to Korean noodles on the 17th, ahead of the first release. The unusual eyes of Kim Go-eun and Lee Yu-bi, who have the most popular man in the company, Woogi (Choi Min-ho), raise questions.

The 'Cyle's Cells', which is produced as a season, is a cell-stimulated empathy romance that depicts the story of an ordinary chyle that eats, loves and grows with cells. It is a work that makes a different kind of fun by producing a format that combines the first live-action of domestic drama and 3D animation. Based on the original imagination of the personification of the cell, we solve the daily life and love story of chyle pleasantly and lovingly.

The moment of Greenlight, which makes Chyle's heart react in the public photo, stimulates excitement: Chyle, who smiles faintly as if he has entered facial expression management as soon as he sees someone. At the end of his gaze is the company's junior woof, but Ruby's attitude toward the rainy season is also unusual.

What will be the conversation between the three people, and the subtle nervous warfare between the chyle and Ruby between the rainy season adds to the curiosity. Another photo captured the “heart-kung” moment of chyle and rainy season: two people who reached out at the same time to grab a falling coffee cup. The moment of facing each other as if it were electricity from the fingertips increases the heart rate.

In the first episode of 'Cyle's Cells', which will be released on the 17th, the story of Chyle, who is worried about love, is drawn. The feeling of a long-time 'thumb' will keep Chyle awake. Attention is focusing on whether Chyle, whose love cells are in a coma, can start a new romance. Above all, the story of all the chyle and the cells that 'hot' only for chyle is also expected.

With Chyle’s Thumb, there is a change in the cell village.

Unexpected events in cells raise questions. The production team of 'Cyle's Cells' said, "There is a lot of fun hidden in the small day of chyle. It will be a drama that makes me look back on my ordinary today, "he said." I would like to ask for your expectation and interest. "

The first episode of Chyle's Cells will be released simultaneously at 10:50 pm on the 17th at Teabing and tvN.

https://k-star-holic.blogspot.com/2021/09/cells-of-chyle-kim-go-eun-choi-min-ho.html

• Like 2

EP 1 Short review:

This show is so much fun <haven't read the webtoon no ref point>, I felt like watching an anime where Human's are imaginary entities Lol. KGE's minute expressions are so good, I did not care much about nay of the 2/3 side characters , they annoyed or bored me. Hopefully further episodes have some better people.

Cell Of the Episode goes to : Sentimental Cell and Hunger Cell lmao, both are what I am mostly.

• Like 2

What the heck..?? Woo Gi is gay?? And the blind date wasn't awkward at all. Not. Yea right LoL. 

I like that he dressed like a surfer bum, that Goo Woong. Though yikes waiting for him to react/say somethin' was like pullin' teeth sheesh! 

Sae Yi is another Ruby ain't she? Aish tsk. The way Yumi ran to get to Woo Gi WoW ha-ha. I could never and in heels mind you. 

• Like 2