[Drama 2022] Yumi's Cells Season 1 & 2 유미의 세포들 - Kim Go Eun, Ahn Bo Hyun, Park Jin Young

partyon

Episode 7 is my favorite thus far. I lol’d so much at Yumi’s reaction to everything. KGE is super funny :P

BTW, I don’t think Woong is self centered. I agree that we should put ourself first even when dating someone else. When one’s priority changes depends on each individual. Sometimes once they get married, sometimes even earlier.

Anyway tonight episode has really made me a fan of the drama :D

Can’t wait for tomorrow!

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

A lot happened in this week's ep. Btw Yumi should get new friends tsk. It's bad enough they invited her ex but also kept bugging her incessantly over Woong aish.

"That hobo's my boyfriend" ahahah. I actually like Woong's style. It's individualistic, not boring. Me likey. Thumbs up. 

So Yumi is ranked #2 on his priority list LoL. Sae Yi continues to be a pest, more like a mosquito pffft. Oh my gosh I was yelling at Yumi to stop when she just went on and on about the pre-mature wedding to Woong. I liked his reply though. Yumi can come across neurotic and petty ha-ha.

Seung Hyun quit Gongjin and decided to terrorize Yumi apparently ha. The actor keep playin' these second fiddle roles that never get the girl. It was the same in "Youth of May", "Hometown Cha Cha Cha". Well.. except in "Once Again".

I'm thrilled but anxious as another love rival arrives.. and that mosquito Sae Yi is planning somethin' again. Stay away girl!! 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Putting yourself or putting others first are both essential. The more important thing is to keep the balance. Some circumstances call for the first while some other call for the latter.

The problem is not in the difference of this priority list, it's in the yumi and woong's communication. They can be great they get along well and they love each other. It's just that they are not ready to share each other's world, be the good, the bad, or the weird.

By the way where's the scene of woong candidly taking their couple picture during her birthday? I thought it will be revealed last night when her friend keeps asking to show the picture, because from the making i know that they did film it.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

A lot happened in this week's ep. Btw Yumi should get new friends tsk. It's bad enough they invited her ex but also kept bugging her incessantly over Woong aish.

"That hobo's my boyfriend" ahahah. I actually like Woong's style. It's individualistic, not boring. Me likey. Thumbs up. 

So Yumi is ranked #2 on his priority list LoL. Sae Yi continues to be a pest, more like a mosquito pffft. Oh my gosh I was yelling at Yumi to stop when she just went on and on about the pre-mature wedding to Woong. I liked his reply though. Yumi can come across neurotic and petty ha-ha.

Seung Hyun quit Gongjin and decided to terrorize Yumi apparently ha. The actor keep playin' these second fiddle roles that never get the girl. It was the same in "Youth of May", "Hometown Cha Cha Cha". Well.. except in "Once Again".

I'm thrilled but anxious as another love rival arrives.. and that mosquito Sae Yi is planning somethin' again. Stay away girl!! 

I like how you mentioned Sae Yi as a pest, a mosquito lol. I think she's the type of girl who has ambition and willingly sacrifice her love life to pursuit her career goal. Still we can be pretty sure that she likes Woong (it shows on her bulletin board that if she would ever gets married, Woong would be her groom). Woong and Saeyi have one thing in common, they both have no interest in marriage, he used to like her (maybe somewhere in his village his feelings for her are buried deep down but still not dead yet). I'm forecasting that Woong and Yumi will end their relationship in ep 9 as Babi (or BObby?) will be introduced in ep 8. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

@LanA

Well.. Sae Yi fits the description eheh. Like pests, she's a nuisance let's be honest here. I'm like Yumi's Emotion/Reason Cells. Sae Yi annoys me whenever she shows up. Oh the actress played a similar role in "Do You Like Brahms" - she's good at her job but dear God I despise her LoL.

What I don't like about her is she is playin' games with Woong. She toyed with him when he was single and now that he's not, she tries to plant seeds of doubt and try to separate the otp. It's like she enjoys watchin' 'em suffer. Idk why she won't reveal to Woong on her feelings (maybe next ep.) still I don't like her LoL. 

Oh I laugh whenever I see the Korean spelling for "Bobby" as "Ba Bi" because in my language, it means pig ha-ha. And oooh lucky Yumi 'cause Bobby is another hottie.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Thoughts after watching EP 7

I don't consider it to be selfish , if one puts oneself above others. Why must one forget the self when in a relationship?  It is important to be happy and self-content to be able to take care of people around. As long as your heart is in the right place, it should not be a problem.

Sae Yi had her chance. She must learn to give up gracefully and not be such a nuisance. The way she was trying to draw a wedge between the two by scaring him off. She knows marriage is off the table for Woong, at least atm. She need not needle him and bring it up to put him of Yumi. I am eagerly waiting for EP 8. Things don't look too bright. Are we heading towards a breakup already? I really, really, really liked her with Woong.

Also, what's wrong with the friends? Why can't they accept that she has a boyfriend? I can't understand why one must prove one has a boyfriend. That friend was extremely annoying and nosy.

Ugi, argh! I hate men like him who derive some sadistic pleasure in bringing up the past and hoping the woman is still pining for them. How self-entitled one must be to be so narcissistic! I don't blame Yumi for dealing with the situation the way she did. The ex was really pesky. Desperate situation needs desperate measures.

As a third party, I realized being in a relationship is expensive. We end up spending too much looking our best. Not to mention the pain we inflict on ourselves (dieting, and even going an extra-mile with exercising) all to look oh-so-perfect on our dates/ special occasions. :loolz:

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Ugh, I am such Goo Woong trash. It’s going to be hard to let him go when the time comes. I like how it’s all leading there. It’s realistic and so well done. Neither Yumi or Woong are selfish (I don’t think it’s selfish to put yourself first. I’m always the first and most important priority in my life/relationships. As much as I can love, care, give, etc; in any relationship, my happiness, well-being, and emotional health is the most important. “I will not set myself on fire just to keep you warm.” Or as Yumi herself says, “I’m the main character in this story.” So I don’t think Woong is selfish/wrong there). or the "bad guy". I think it’s a case of right person, wrong time. They both still have some maturing to do. Some better understanding of themselves and what they truly want in life (more so Yumi imho). Communication, communication, and how to be in a relationship (I feel they both hold back and give in to one another at points when they shouldn’t). Ugh if they had met a year or so down the line, when they both have had one other relationship to learn; I could see them being always and forever. I think they are good lessons for one another and I’m going to keep enjoying them while I got them cause they are too cute together. I grin from ear to ear every time they kiss, or hold hands, or just be together. 

• Like 7
  • Blob 1

I'm not one to be on the meddling second love interest's side but I feel like Sae Yi is going off of the vibe Woong is giving off. She's not imagining stuff, I feel like he kind of likes her but that he's not ready for a real relationship with her. He might not be ready to admit to his feelings now but I have a feeling that he'll end up with her in the end.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

I lied ya'll I AM NOT READY...IT HURTS. I curse the casting director for casting bb Ahn Bo Hyun as Goo Woong (just kidding. thank you for making my man one of the leads). With him in the role, how could I not fall heels over head. 

It's all a misunderstanding to me. I don't think Woong is interested in Sae-yi (that RickRoll'D pest. PARASITE!!) at all. I think he once harbored a crush because from flashback it looks like she was leading him on. He was the guy who should/would always be in the wings ready and available were she to say yes. However I think once he met Yumi, Goo Woong was a goner. He only has eyes and heart for Yumi. The boy himself has confessed that he is a slow witted fool. I don't think he always catches on to what the parasite is doing, but when he does he nips it in the bud (acting a bear) or calls it out (yelling at her and correcting her when she tries to act like she knows him best). I believe he is nice to her nows because is JUST A FRIEND (and been a friend for years) and most importantly they are co-worker and business partners.

I feel Yumi is allowing her past relationship trauma (he cheated, was ungrateful, never cherished her, and was basically using her for her caring nature of gifts and money and constantly putting him before herself) to leak into her present one. She may not be number one onto his list, but Woong does value her and the things she does for him and he tries to recuperate/show it in his own way. I feel the two simply have different love languages. Yumi seems to express her love through acts of service (cooking, presents, what you love is what I love) while Woong seems more, words of affirmation (always telling Yumi she's cute, the texting, boasting of her every chance at work).

Communication. I feel they going to break up over what could be resolved with communication. Yumi going to be hurt + go and I feel Woong's pride and sense of self for once won't have him coming to her to explain (he came with the umbrella, he came with her birthday cake, he came back to the room, coming to the wedding and going along with her...stretch truth, etc). Yumi just needs to voice her concerns/insecurities when it comes to that RickRoll'D parasite and Woong needs to take what she expresses into consideration and set firm boundaries with the parasite. But both for reasons of past relationship trauma on Yumi's part and just a dunce who runs from straight confrontation on Woong's part won't :( I sense there will be so much regret and would have, could have, should have...but didn't. 

:crymeme:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

Episode 8's ending...I kept repeat watching it and the preview for next week.  It was incredibly sad and the look on Yumi's face said it all.  I don't think Woong is clueless either since he did look guilty when Sae-Yi said Yumi didn't know she had moved into the building....clue: why didn't you tell her?  KGE is spot on with her expression and I felt her pain.

The preview looks like a major confrontation is going to happen.  Sae Yi is still trying to poison Woong's thoughts about dating and I'm assuming the clip where she grabs his hand while walking to the elevator is right when the door opens so Yumi can get the wrong impression....my heart sank at that moment.

I don't know anything about the publication that this series is based on but I'm hoping Yumi finds her true love, someone who can communicate his affection and be honest and truthful.  

She deserves it. 

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

hahahaha Yumi isnt fond to male-female relationship,meanwhile bobby very friendly because that his nature and she has gf at this time. the way yumi rationalise bobby by making her image him as female so she feels calm is so funny.

(but aint we all didnt believe man and woman just can be friends without attraction ?)

but everytime yumi sees bobby her mind is just like this

FBRsjQQVUAEc_Wl?format=jpg&name=large

dunno if they are categorized cheated but at that time maybe both have broken up with their patners.

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

Oh man second break up is imminent.. by that I meant Chief Hong/Hye Jin of "Hometown Cha Cha Cha", being the other otp taking time off.. and now these two.. Sae Yi ah why Why WHY!??! Did y'all catch her evil smirk as she walked away from shaking Yumi up!? Ugh what a *****

Woong must be giving Sae Yi mixed signals as well. Idk what to think anymore LoL. And that beginning at Yumi's Library.. who is she married to..??

Ahahah Bobby is prettier than most girls heck even me! He is a sweetie but all those sweet remarks he made toward Yumi though seem kind of suspect? I might be overthinking LoL. Wonder if he truly has a gf... 

Ah the age old question "Can men and women ever be friends?". I first remembered this from the classic romcom "When Harry Met Sally", the leads started off as friends but later ended up being married to one another. So I guess that was the answer LoL? I do prefer friends to lovers as it's built slowly over time but I'm not sayin' it's impossible either. Just that human relationships are complex. We all change over time even if we don't think so at the moment.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

A new poll is up chingus! Please vote!

:letsgo:

This week's poll was put together by @confusedheart and myself. As always, feel free to suggest questions if you want to include something specific in the next poll. :kiss_wink:

@mcdc @agenth @MrsSoJiSub @backstreetboysfan @Latte_Anyday @LanA @bee_wannabe @ChunSungIm @nikki7 @nina_mitrokhina @RobinM @Emily Bett 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

All have flaws ,woong with self centered and bobby super calm and natured person,thats became their flaws,and this drama its about yumi life. this is what happen in webtoon.

Spoiler

First,Woong and yumi break up because woong didnt want yumi knows that his company goes bankrupt,he kept that for herself  and became so busy. its woong decision to broken yumi heart. Thats his flaw,self centered person and have so much pride and ego. although they didnt have good terms but they still loved each others.

Secondly Bobby,they are perfect,they like each others . Babi have crush on yumi,but then the issues about cheating comes up,babi so calm about that and cant handle very well the issues ,if babi said he didnt cheat on yumi which he didnt they will long lasting. but thats his nature,they broke up and it turned babi married with character named da eun

and Shin Soon rok appears,tall handsome man who compatible very2 much with yumi,yup he is yumi last love and husband.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

Reveal hidden contents

First,Woong and yumi break up because woong didnt want yumi knows that his company goes bankrupt,he kept that for herself  and became so busy. its woong decision to broken yumi heart. Thats his flaw,self centered person and have so much pride and ego. although they didnt have good terms but they still loved each others.

Secondly Bobby,they are perfect,they like each others . Babi have crush on yumi,but then the issues about cheating comes up,babi so calm about that and cant handle very well the issues ,if babi said he didnt cheat on yumi which he didnt they will long lasting. but thats his nature,they broke up and it turned babi married with character named da eun

and Shin Soon rok appears,tall handsome man who compatible very2 much with yumi,yup he is yumi last love and husband.

Looks like her bfs get better in terms of looks. I wonder who they cast to play the third bf 크크크 :sparklyeyes:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

I thought i'll be ready for the breakup too. But seeing woong in this episode crumbles my confidence. 

8 hours ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

However I think once he met Yumi, Goo Woong was a goner. He only has eyes and heart for Yumi. The boy himself has confessed that he is a slow witted fool.

Exactly. Ever since yumi come into woong's life, he only has eyes for her. One of the reason why woong is my favorite. 

It's not in the webtoon but i like the wedding incident. Just like emotional cell i pledge my allegiance to woong once again for that. Just a bit detail and my own perception of some scene.

1. When Yumi looks so dejected and explains about her hellish ex (his name sounds like hell in korean with ji as his surname) woong just looks at her and smiles. That trademark smile of woong when he's with yumi that screams "you're cute/lovely". Only this time he doesn't say it out loud, bet he learns something from the seokcho incident.

2. Then the sea foam coming from that abandoned plaque in woong's village. I take it as a sign that although woong initially has no intention to get married, yumi has awaken that thought.

And those are exactly the things that make me hard to accept the upcoming breakup.

@ChunSungIm my take on your summary of the webtoon

Spoiler

1. The definition of self centered itself can be ambiguous but for me woong is not self centered. Let's not forget that his priority list change right before the breakup. Yumi was his first. And he decided to change the break into a break up because he doesn't want yumi to suffer.

2. This will become interesting discussion later. I'm curious about the result if poll will ever be conducted about this issue. Are you considered cheating when your heart flutters for someone else? Even if some will answer yes, but bobby doesn't act on that impulse, the girl gets herself out of the equation and he's being honest with yumi. Personally i don't think he's that guilty.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1