[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

16 hours ago, kara_mella said:

This is beyond funny ... and KHJ trying to keep a straight face when SHS yells : 그만!!!!

lol.. at the end, the queen screamed all to get OUT and the king received a slap. poor king.

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote videos. Thanks !
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

"The hotter and thrilling spirit than romance continues." 뭐야 이게? 

Who says we need comradery and bromance? 필요 없어!!!!... 필요 없어다고!!! 필요 없잖아 T T!!

17 hours ago, shiqin3381 said:

New stills...

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, taekwang said:

lol.. at the end, the queen screamed all to get OUT and the king received a slap. poor king.

It is the same reaction if a gf gets unwanted pregnancy, the blaming eyes of SB to CJ and her anger towards him, not remembering it takes two to tango! :sipsboba: I am sure if CJ reminded her that it was her that was like a tiger during that night, he will get more than just a piece of cloth in the face, he will probably get punched in the face!

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, shiqin3381 said:

New stills...

Love the new stills!! 

I'm expecting romance will be happening. 

Waking up today morning and remember that Mr. Queen will be end on 14th February, I'm thinking that the show will give us a happy ending as a Valentine's Day gift. They won't be that cruel to give us sad ending ON VALENTINE'S DAY. So, I think... It must be a happy one. Just it depends on people perspective on how happy ending is...... 

It's finally Saturday! 

Mr. Queen's day! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0X3qQLBRnTAdQIVfqrlx

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Blob 6

A lot of comparisions to Scarlet Heart but the thing is the only thing both dramas have in common is that they're both time travel drama.

But the both have different goals, themes. Both are based on / adapted from Chinese fanfictions,but both ask different questions in regards to time travel.

Scarlet Heart asked can a modern woman can survive a medieval palace?

Mr queen/go princess go asks can a modern man indulge in romance with a medieval KIng?

Scarlet heart is grounded in reality while the Og version of Mr Queen totally represents and deals with the fanatsy and wish fulfillment aspect of time travel. It is a plot that doesn't take itself seriously.

Mr queen might be based on real characters, and like I mentioned above,they probably won't distort history too much. But its still a very lighearted plot, and it puts a lot of effort into making it's leads relatable and likable. I think it won't be too tragic, but they proably won't take too much creative liberties with history, but unlike Scarlet Heart its a lighearted, wish fulfilling love story.Not a heartbreaking one.The writer won't go deep into exploring their flaws and how it affects their relationship etc..

My only problem how things are going to change now that Sobong is actively trying to meddle in the past with the knowledge of the future. It might have been satisfying to watch, but telling everyone off she is also making a lot of enemies. And all she has is the assumption that the future will change and things will go well.  There is no doubt that this is grounded in over confidence and arrogance, and if you watched the Scarlet Heart Chinese  Version, it's same arrogance/confidence that the character from the future has that ends up making things worse.

In Scarlet Heart Ryeo though Hae Soo fears future, and tries to change things. She tries to change a person rather than the future and she never has that over confidence or arrgance to her, thinking her involvement will have a positive outcome. She eventually understands the game of gains and losses in Palace Politics and measures her motives, depending on how things are at the moment, and then executes her plans. She never plans from what she knows in the future, and its precisely because she remains steadfast as a mediator and understands that there's a price to pay that she turns out to be sucessful in the long run. To protect her loved ones and the future, she had to sacrifice and destroy herself. That's the reality.

The Palace Politics in Mr Queen aren't diffrent but there's a liberty of creative interpretation, since Sobong gets away with almost everything she does and people let her be whoever she wants to be. But there are dangers and plots, schemes etc....

I definitely think her trying to change the past will affect things, but I'm not sure how much. Bong Hwan will probably wake up too, but since this not a plot that is entirely grounded reality and focuses a lot on giving the audience what they want, I won't be suprised if Sobong gets away with all of it and gets a positive outcome. We just have 

understand that this is fiction. Fanfiction. 

But at the end of the day Bong Hwan will wake up, probabaly and though the ending may not be tragic, it could be sombre or melodramatic.

We'll have to see these two episodes and how they turn out, I'm sure there will be numerous twists and turns and Sobong ofending so many people will definitely have consequences, especially if people are starting to take her seriously.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, kara_mella said:

This is beyond funny ... and KHJ trying to keep a straight face when SHS yells : 동작 그만 /stop that/ !!!! 

Thank you @kara_mella for this!  I just saw and LOL me ... I laughed so loud when the door re-opens and SB slapped the King?  That was unexpected!   And somehow, she is ALLOWED to do that without getting beheaded ....  :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Blob 1

The journey of a confused husband because of his pregnant wife LOL

credit to the owner

Spoiler

One moment she throw thing on your face because she is mad at you

credit to the owner

then one moment she want to dance with you in the broad daylight in front of other people in the palace

credit to the owner

and next moment she hugged your hand tightly while both of you are strolling outside:lol:

the color of their outfit in the tango scene and strolling scene are matching too aww

credit to the owner

Our royal couple before married:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

credit to the owner

Our royal couple after married:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

Cute version:

credit to the owner

Intense version:

credit to the owner

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Blob 2

38 minutes ago, enzek said:

The journey of a confused husband because of his pregnant wife LOL

LOL @enzek  what can i say?   I LOVE YOU!     Hahahhahhhhahhhaa !   Your sequencing is soooo good!

Am still laughing on her slapping the King with I dunno what that cloth is -- her bra? 
Those hilarious moments !

And oh my gosh  -  the cheoljong x sobong ship-dynamics as sounds - wow sexyback my fav song! 

8 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Min2206 , @sadthe1st , @partyon I hope they checking out how he pregnant her :joy: - one and one science lesson :mrgreen:

Yes please @Ameera Ali  Bring it on !

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 4

Kim Jung Hyun Sweeps A Pregnant Shin Hye Sun Off Her Feet With His Romantic Side On “Mr. Queen”

Kim Jung Hyun Sweeps A Pregnant Shin Hye Sun Off Her Feet With His Romantic Side On “Mr. Queen”

Feb 6, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of the hit drama, Kim So Yong (played by Shin Hye Sun) and King Cheoljong (played by Kim Jung Hyun) worked together to fight corruption and defend themselves against those plotting their downfall. As their alliance grew stronger, so did their feelings for one another—in particular, Cheoljong’s emotions became even deeper as it finally came to light that Kim So Yong was the one who had saved him from the well in his childhood.

The episode also ended on an unexpected development: to Cheoljong’s joy, the palace doctor revealed that Kim So Yong was pregnant. While the king was moved to tears by the happy news, Kim So Yong was caught up in a flurry of conflicting emotions as she faced this daunting new terrain.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Cheoljong takes Kim So Yong on a romantic date outside the palace walls. Doing his best to cheer up the pouting queen, Cheoljong surprises her with a special gift.

It appears as though the king’s romantic side touches Kim So Yong’s heart—one intriguing photo shows the queen closing her eyes and catching Cheoljong off guard by pressing his hand to her face as he stares at her in shock. Later, the two walk hand in hand as Kim So Yong gazes affectionately at her husband.

Shin-Hye-Sun.jpgKim-Jung-Hyun.jpg

The producers of “Mr. Queen” teased, “The palace will be turned upside down by the overlapping news of the queen’s pregnancy and the dangerous rumors surrounding Kim So Yong. Please look forward to seeing how Kim So Yong and Cheoljong, whose passionate alliance will grow even stronger amidst danger, will escape this peril.”

To find out what Cheoljong’s surprise gift for Kim So Yong is—and how the news of her pregnancy will affect the power dynamics within the palace—tune in to the next episode of “Mr. Queen” on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452735wpp/kim-jung-hyun-sweeps-a-pregnant-shin-hye-sun-off-her-feet-with-his-romantic-side-on-mr-queen

———————

Am I the only one who found the title amusing?:tounge_xd: I kinda think this might be for episode 18. I don’t believe they would give us a tango scene and a park date in the same episode.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

9 minutes ago, aisling said:

Am I the only one who found the title amusing?:tounge_xd: I kinda think this might be for episode 18. I don’t believe they would give us a tango scene and a park date in the same episode.

I'm just soaking in the gorgeous visuals LOL he looks SO SO SO good here :partyblob:
Kim-Jung-Hyun.jpg

• Like 5
  • Blob 5

3 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Pervery club member are fully waiting 

@partyon winks :tounge_wink::yum:

Bwahaahh :joy:
Twin, I am just glad that you kept it generic and didn't put our names on the image.... :joy:

We are all excited about tonight! :partyblob: How they're going to wrap this drama up in 4 episodes, I don't know. Feels like there is still so much GPG plot to cover.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

35 minutes ago, aisling said:

Feb 6, 2021
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Mr. Queen” has shared a sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of the hit drama, Kim So Yong (played by Shin Hye Sun) and King Cheoljong (played by Kim Jung Hyun) worked together to fight corruption and defend themselves against those plotting their downfall. As their alliance grew stronger, so did their feelings for one another—in particular, Cheoljong’s emotions became even deeper as it finally came to light that Kim So Yong was the one who had saved him from the well in his childhood.

The episode also ended on an unexpected development: to Cheoljong’s joy, the palace doctor revealed that Kim So Yong was pregnant. While the king was moved to tears by the happy news, Kim So Yong was caught up in a flurry of conflicting emotions as she faced this daunting new terrain.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Cheoljong takes Kim So Yong on a romantic date outside the palace walls. Doing his best to cheer up the pouting queen, Cheoljong surprises her with a special gift.

It appears as though the king’s romantic side touches Kim So Yong’s heart—one intriguing photo shows the queen closing her eyes and catching Cheoljong off guard by pressing his hand to her face as he stares at her in shock. Later, the two walk hand in hand as Kim So Yong gazes affectionately at her husband.

The producers of “Mr. Queen” teased, “The palace will be turned upside down by the overlapping news of the queen’s pregnancy and the dangerous rumors surrounding Kim So Yong. Please look forward to seeing how Kim So Yong and Cheoljong, whose passionate alliance will grow even stronger amidst danger, will escape this peril.”

To find out what Cheoljong’s surprise gift for Kim So Yong is—and how the news of her pregnancy will affect the power dynamics within the palace—tune in to the next episode of “Mr. Queen” on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452735wpp/kim-jung-hyun-sweeps-a-pregnant-shin-hye-sun-off-her-feet-with-his-romantic-side-on-mr-queen

———————

If they do, it's probably time to prepare for the real calamity!!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I'm just soaking in the gorgeous visuals LOL he looks SO SO SO good here :partyblob:

I cant wait to see how the entire palace will react on the pregnancy!:sipsboba:HJ, PY, and BI plus the traitors Kim Andong  and Jo clan!

• Like 3
  • Blob 2