[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

Thanks to the person who made this!

Hazarding a guess for fun: Soyong wanted to see how the king looks like but somehow misses her chance whenever she tried to. Just when she least expected it, they met under the snow (hopefully first snow) :heart: Perhaps this is the first time cheoljong laid eyes on her and fall in love with her instantaneously under the falling snow before knowing that she was a Kim.

Like everyone else here, the spin-off and what we have seen so far as of episode 16 feels disjointed to me at the moment. Pre-queen KSY acting almost like sobong here, so what gives? Isn't the king supposed to be in love with hwajin at this time also? Then again, you can't fault him there. I'd fall in love with her too. :joy: Lets take it that he intuitively felt the soul mate connection.

But maybe after watching the final 4 episodes, we can link the spin-off to the story better. Actually I feel the spin-off is kind of alluding to soyong and bonghwan to be the same soul. Same personality as in perfectionistic and determined to make her mark but unfortunately soyong is restricted to the socialization of her time and perhaps a little sheltered from the reality she's in until she entered the palace.

This. I really don't know what to expect.

And this one:

The production team of the show stated, “Kim So Yong and Cheoljong are experiencing another crisis. More so than romance, you will see a heart-fluttering camaraderie.” The drama next airs on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST. (https://www.soompi.com/article/1452561wpp/shin-hye-sun-and-kim-jung-hyun-dance-a-tango-together-in-mr-queen)

Please, I need more ROMANCE than camaraderie even if it is heart-fluttering! :Please:

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

@kyakyari Thanks for sharing the teaser of the spin off 

@backstreetboysfan @skinnyjeans yees after read translation also thank you guys for sharing your thoughts. this spin-off is like past-present SY/SB, i think like side story, isnt it?

i still hold SHS statement in press conference said, their drama is comedy and doesnt has melodrama genre and I believe it will be happy ending. please happy ending writer-nim T.T

btw Byeong In scene when he read CJ love letter reminds me with Cal from titanic scene :D 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

and also SB tantrum reminds me with Quinn from Glee, when she has a daughter with Noah Puckerman and blames him for that :D

SB moods right now 
giphy.gif

happy Mr Queen day for tomorrow guys!

i hope we have a kiss, a sober kiss for next episode maybe after Tango scene maybe she will realize and admit her love for CJ (the scenery and the mood is perfect like when CJ hug SB near the lake with BGM from Xiumin or Jang Han Byul).

since many of us already tired with how they tease us (we are sexually frustated, thank you @enzek for the words it so true lol) and for whatever the scene that seems like going to be romantic turn out to be tease again, we or maybe just me dont take it seriously anymore :'D

so, after that the team give us the proper kiss since most of viewers less expected it after a tons of teases romantic scene, i do really hope this scenario becoming true :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

53 minutes ago, cenching said:

KJH!! Please have mercy on us the innocent ones here!!! Tone down those eyes and expressions!!

we should be praying instead for delivering on those expressions :joy:
but my ovaries are all over the place and becoming more demanding by the day :joy::joy:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

27 minutes ago, ppalganttalgi said:

hello. I’m new and had been a silent reader of this thread for the past few weeks. can I just say that I really enjoy reading all of your thoughts, opinions, and compilations especially the “how fast the night changes” series. I am as smitten for KJH and SHS/ Cheoljong and So Bong chemistry!!

Welcome silent reader!

I enjoy reading your comment and opinion too. Please keep posting more:D

Yes, Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun chemistry are daebak!

Let keep sharing our opinions and continue being thirsty smitten over our royal couple together here!;)

I'm not sure if they will be sold outside the Korea but even if they did, I'm kinda broke right now LOL

Hoping the peoples that buy this will be generous to share the contents with the international fans on twitter or ig huhu

credit to the owner

Aww his answer. Gu Seung Jun in the drama Crash Landing On You:tears:

credit to the owner

Spoiler

The full video but there is no English subtitles:tears:

credit to the owner

Who are the peoples in this scenes?

1)A man & a woman

2)A man & a man

3)A woman & a woman

Both Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun are just beautiful that I might mistaken both are woman in these shoot LOL

credit to the owner

• Like 8
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

The teaser got me confused for a second because I thought we were getting only a backstory for So Yong/Cheoljong but it looks like the spin-off serves as both prologue and epilogue? 

Do you call it talent or something else if you can create such a strong electrifying chemistry with your co-star? Kudos to both Kim Jung Hyun and Shin Hye Sun for making my heart flutter even though there are some rumours circulating about Shin Hye Sun and Na In Woo. If the rumours are true and there’s something going on between SHS and NIW, it makes me admire our main leads even more. They’re so dedicated to their characters that we can feel their chemistry when they’re together.

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, aisling said:

there are some rumours circulating about Shin Hye Sun and Na In Woo.

Na InWoo?!?! Just because of THAT bts....Woah!! People are crazy lhaaaa.... Na InWoo is younger than SHS about 4-5 years. SHS doesn't struck me as a cradle snatcher. But well, who knows.....If it's true than this is the second time KJH romancing his leading lady in front of her real life BF....:popcornjackson:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

10 minutes ago, cenching said:

Na InWoo?!?! Just because of THAT bts....Woah!! People are crazy lhaaaa.... Na InWoo is younger than SHS about 4-5 years. SHS doesn't struck me as a cradle snatcher. But well, who knows.....If it's true than this is the second time KJH romancing his leading lady in front of her real life BF....:popcornjackson:

I no longer ship couples in real life but my question is how come there are no rumours about the OTP when they have such good chemistry off camera as well plus that ep 9 kiss scene - in any case SHS said she was single on her IG live (and I think she is - she seems to be quite dedicated to her career)

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, shimshimae said:

I no longer ship couples in real life but my question is how come there are no rumours about the OTP when they have such good chemistry off camera as well plus that ep 9 kiss scene - in any case SHS said she was single on her IG live (and I think she is - she seems to be quite dedicated to her career)

Because SHS's chemistry OFF screen was way way better with L, her chemistry with KJH OFF screen is paled by comparison BUT ON screen with KJH is superb. Many shippers tend to use BTS as a compass for shipping an OTP.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cenching said:

Because SHS's chemistry OFF screen was way way better with L, her chemistry with KJH OFF screen is paled by comparison BUT ON screen with KJH is superb. Many shippers tend to use BTS as a compass for shipping an OTP.

It seems SHS had a lot cute offscreen moments with L while they were filming their drama, a lot people still ship them . As I said before there’s practically ZERO BTS photos and offscreen interaction between SHS and KJH, that’s why there aren’t any rumours about them. Even if they’re dating some other people in their real lives, it doesn’t change the fact that both of them gave us the hottest sageuk couple accompanied with their superior acting. 

I do feel a bit disappointed, not gonna lie, that we didn’t get any giddy offscreen moments between our leads. It’s because their onscreen chemistry is so insane that it does make me wonder if it doesn’t affect them at all.

Based on BTS Shin Hye Sun does seem to be closer to Na In Woo. She always sits touching him, in their interview back in December she said she would like to play Byeong In if she had to chose another character. And honestly why would tvN include that shot of Na In Woo hugging SHS from behind but doesn’t include any close offscreen moments between KHJ and SHS?

If you think about it, tvN is sitting on the goldmine! Not only Mr Queen is one of the tvN highest ratings drama ever, but the main actors are receiving so much praise and buzz. They’d be stupid not to promote the main OTP like crazy to sell their bursting chemistry. But they’re not doing it. They haven’t done it at all since the start. That makes me think there’s something fishy going on.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, cenching said:

Actually without believing one soul one body or yadaa yaddee da, there are some scientific/non scientific explanation about why despite the soul is JBH but the memory is both JBH and KSY. I remember there were lots of story of how recipients of body parts donors experiencing a kind of deja vu or flashbacks or memory or craving that didn't feel like his/hers but feels like his/hers at the same time.

So in Mr Queen's case the soul is totally JBH but since KSY's body retains her feelings and memory, JBH can feels it and the body remembers it. Hence even though JBH is a 100% male, he feels attracted strongly to CJ and his/her body reacted to it. So the theory of SY takes over in certain time is not possible IMHO, that is an excuse from JBH's to denied his feelings for CJ.

I wish they also emphasized the fact that he is now in a female body with all that entails and not just emphasizing that he lost his manhood. Being the very male straight guy that he is, I get why his primary concern was that he lost his male reproductive organs. But, being the type of male he is, I'm surprised that he didn't make a thorough examination of the female body parts he now has...Or did I miss those scenes? LOL

There was that quick scene with him getting his period but not much else to show how he was adapting to the female body he now has. He just quickly was comfortable in it.  Would he have had more mood swings? PMS? more emotional now that he's ina female body?

I remember watching an interview/panel with a male to female trans who had transitioned and she said there was a significant difference in his libido after.  Prior to transitioning, sexual urges were so much more frequent and thought consuming. 

I don't know why I got sidetracked to this  LOL...anyway...

I guess my point is, if they had shown this more, and shown that the memories (Stored in the brain he now has) he got back were facilitating the development of his own feelings towards others esp his father and CJ...there would be less confusion as to whether it's just BH or is it a SY/BH hybrid.. getting someone else's memories downloaded into you and thus leading you to form your own feelings towards someone is different from somehow just feeling someone else's emotions and adopting them as your own.

The former would favor the idea they are 2 different souls (this is what I've read in several chinese transmigration novels), the latter would favor the same soul theory...

Personally, I think they are 2 separate souls and that it is only BH in there now and SY is gone perhaps on her own way to being reborn elsewhere...

Remembering SY's childhood would influence BH into caring about her father even if he knows he is corrupt and complicit in trying to kill CJ in the well.  They made a point of showing BH  turning cold and wary of the father when he remembered this in previous episode but then he gets worried when he collapses. So he doesn't feel exactly the same as SY would.

And those female hormones plus SY's memories of how attractive CJ was would pull BH's attention to CJ and facilitate an attraction. 

But I do think that getting to know CJ and seeing how he dealt with all the court dangers and politics, how he attempts to help the citizens, learning how smart he is and even how idealistic his goals are - I think these are what tipped it from just lust and more towards like,respect, care, maybe even the start of love.

At this point, IMO, CJ is more in love with BH than BH is into CJ. His alliance with CJ is still more prompted by him protecting himself than him wanting to help CJ, although that is playing more into his decision making now than before.

I really wish that the show introduced this alliance, let BH develop those feelings, make her be more proactive - much earlier in the series. I think this is why there was a 2 wk plateau of ratings and then the rise this past weekend bec it's when these all happened.

Them teaming up together to battle all their opponents and seeing them win a few is what I've been waiting for for a while now. And with only 4 episodes left, I have a feeling the ending will feel a bit rushed. Which is a shame since they had 4 more episodes than the usual 16...

Not sure I was able to convey what I meant, Or if this was at all coherent...I hope it was.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, aisling said:

It’s because their onscreen chemistry is so insane that it does make me wonder if it doesn’t affect them at all.

IMHO, actors are human. IF us mortal can be attracted to our office mate, business partner, classmate even neighbor, much more some OTP who have to romance their good looking, perfumed, sizzling co stars. BUT as an actor they also aware of such occupational hazard. So even though there is a strong attraction during filming whether they will pursue it further AFTER/OUTSIDE filming, it's remain to be seen.

IMHO IMHO, I do feel there is certain sparks between these two because there were many occasion they were having problem to hold eyes contact....:approves: They even looked awkward toward each other especially after *cough* certain scene *cough*. Logically when you feel comfortable with certain opposite sex, it means he/she is friendzoned already. While you tend to feel shy/awkward with your crush....:gangnamstyle:

IMHO IMHO IMHO, one of my shipper friend (who loves shipping many many OTPs) told me that both SHS and KJH are one of the most difficult actors to ship in Kdramaland because they are very private. They gave nothing away in the public eyes.

@cdcotr

I think the show intentionally created the division of opinion or confusion about The Queen. IF this is a Thai Lakorn or Hollywood series, we can be sure of the situation. SK is very conservative folks, I even saw some of the comments in my native lingo and other lingo from the country I am residing at the moment that they were put off by the thought of Oppa KJH having hot night with a man. Mr Queen was fined by whatever goverment department because some people complained of how the show distorting the history. Can you imagine the brouhaha if the show tells straightforwardly that one of their King loves  and making out with a man???

Sometime I do having fun from some people who having their knickers on knots because they can't decide whether this is BL or not....:Pandabulous:

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

Sometimes the chemistry is really obvious *whispers BinJin* but I am happy not to ship the actors in real life.

KJH is quite an intense actor and he really shine in those tense scenes. But he can also be unbelievable goofy (that scene when he is trying to make his Queen smile. Haha)

SHS is also very professional and there has been not a huge whiff of relationships, especially with her co-stars.

I liked her in Still 17 with Yang Se Jong and Angel with L. But at that time I was not hugely shipping her with her co-stars either.

I am looking forward to the special episodes. I know she must be So Yong (unmarried) with her hair down (daenggi meori) and then there are scenes of her as the Queen. Looking forward to tomorrow!

PS. If you want to learn more about hairstyles

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2013/04/17/a-guide-to-joseon-hairstyles-and-headgears/

• Like 5

@cdcotr I definitely think Cheoljong is more in love with So Bong right now than other way around. At least for now. So Bong needs to accept her identity first before she can let go completely of all doubts and love Cheoljong freely. Despite having dated many women as Jang Bong Hwan I don’t think Bong Hwan knows what true love is. Yeah, he definitely knows the physical attraction but not so much about love.

I think Cheoljong will find himself in a dangerous situation and that’s where So Bong’s sincere feelings will be revealed. As a viewer I can feel So Bong’s growing feelings but SB won’t admit it to herself. If she didn’t care about Cheoljong, why did she run like a grief stricken wife when there was an explosion? Why to help him with the banquet? She can lie to herself that she’s helping him for her own good and benefit, but the truth is her initial physical attraction has progressed into something deeper.

To be honest I’m surprised tvN let Mr Queen do even that subtle LGTB+ innuendos. It’s still a major cable station and they can’t afford to imply one of their Joseon king liked sexy time with a man LMAO :joy: 

@cenching I’ll just go with the flow and enjoy the show. I’m an experienced k-drama fan and my shipper heart has been broken too many times, so I’ll just enjoy their onscreen chemistry. I don’t know if it’s their visuals that is so compatible or their astounding acting that make me go crazy over this couple. It’s been awhile since any k-drama couple made this thirsty :lol:

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Sometimes the chemistry is really obvious *whispers BinJin* but I am happy not to ship the actors in real life.

KJH is quite an intense actor and he really shine in those tense scenes. But he can also be unbelievable goofy (that scene when he is trying to make his Queen smile. Haha)

SHS is also very professional and there has been not a huge whiff of relationships, especially with her co-stars.

I liked her in Still 17 with Yang Se Jong and Angel with L. But at that time I was not hugely shipping her with her co-stars either.

I am looking forward to the special episodes. I know she must be So Yong (unmarried) with her hair down (daenggi meori) and then there are scenes of her as the Queen. Looking forward to tomorrow!

PS. If you want to learn more about hairstyles

https://thetalkingcupboard.com/2013/04/17/a-guide-to-joseon-hairstyles-and-headgears/

Yeah, me too. I hope they stay happy and healthy. (Given what KJH went through)

I'm glad we got many excellent scenes between SHS and KJH and many silly goofy scenes as well. If they can just quench the thirst they created with the tantalising scenes, I'll be more than happy destroying the replay button :highonflowers:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Blob 1

38 minutes ago, aisling said:

@cdcotr

@cenching I’ll just go with the flow and enjoy the show. I’m an experienced k-drama fan and my shipper heart has been broken too many times, so I’ll just enjoy their onscreen chemistry. I don’t know if it’s their visuals that is so compatible or their astounding acting that make me go crazy over this couple. It’s been awhile since any k-drama couple made this thirsty :lol:

Same here, I ship them, even though I tried to think that they're just being professional and both compatibly talented. Well they're really really great actors that we the audience can feel their strong chemistry. 

Anyways, It's still Friday... 

I'm really counting days and hours... 

me looking Saturday night. 

"Are we getting there? "

Esj4VgoXYAEwdgf.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, aisling said:

The teaser got me confused for a second because I thought we were getting only a backstory for So Yong/Cheoljong but it looks like the spin-off serves as both prologue and epilogue? 

I feel it's like deleted scenes from the story

5 hours ago, aisling said: