[Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후

larus

20 hours ago, Mila said:

An ending that would make people happy would be like that of Moon Lovers: Scarlat Heart Ryeo, in which ... (spoiler ...) the protagonist lived for a period of time in the past and when she died she returned to the present. However, I do not know if they will follow a similar path, because in that episode when BH returned to the present they said that time had passed equally in both Josen and Korea (they had spent a week in both places).
So far, I am really happy with the development that the writers have presented to us. So, I am giving a vote of confidence that they will present us with a satisfactory ending. I hope the writers don't let us down ...

The ending of Scarlet Heart Ryeo followed the ending of original Chinese version. If Mr. Queen follows its original Chinese version there would probably be riots haha... 

On the other hand if they follow the ending of the original Chinese novel (the two of them permanently swapped) it would probably be better, but so far no indication that the original SY would be inhibiting SB's original body. 

Though how the GPG novel handled it seems inconsistent with me. Why would the original princess who was straight woman becomes a gay man while the former playboy who was a straight man becomes a straight woman. Either both of them should retain their original preference or both of them adjusting to the preference of their new body. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rayner Yeo said:

The ending of Scarlet Heart Ryeo followed the ending of original Chinese version. If Mr. Queen follows its original Chinese version there would probably be riots haha... 

On the other hand if they follow the ending of the original Chinese novel (the two of them permanently swapped) it would probably be better, but so far no indication that the original SY would be inhibiting SB's original body. 

Though how the GPG novel handled it seems inconsistent with me. Why would the original princess who was straight woman becomes a gay man while the former playboy who was a straight man becomes a straight woman. Either both of them should retain their original preference or both of them adjusting to the preference of their new body. 

Chinese version didn’t have a backstory for the queen, the chef’s soul wasn’t affected by the queen’s memories and desires for the king. The Chinese version also kept male inner voice until the end. So I think the Chinese version was clearly an indirect BL drama. But it’s funny that they had to film 3 different endings and all of them were crappy.

I think in the novel it was said the god messed up their genders? Like the queen was supposed to be born as a man and the chef as a woman. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, aisling said:

But it’s funny that they had to film 3 different endings and all of them were crappy.

Because of the Body of Censorship in China. GPG is the last drama in China where boobies and crotch shots and gay scenes were a plenty. Viewers love it but the government hates it.....In order to get around the censorship they filmed 3 different endings and got cut unmercifully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aisling said:

Chinese version didn’t have a backstory for the queen, the chef’s soul wasn’t affected by the queen’s memories and desires for the king. The Chinese version also kept male inner voice until the end. So I think the Chinese version was clearly an indirect BL drama. But it’s funny that they had to film 3 different endings and all of them were crappy.

I think in the novel it was said the god messed up their genders? Like the queen was supposed to be born as a man and the chef as a woman. 

Was the protagonist in the Chinese version a chef too? I thought that is only the Korean version only.

The Chinese version is typical of the Chinese time travel dramas which must have the protagonist return to the present day no matter what. Maybe that is required by the censorship board or something. Like for the Chinese version of Scarlet Heart, in the novel the story just ends with the main character dies of old age in the past, but the TV version has that AND also has the main character back to present day after her death. 

Of the GPG novel yes they were born in the wrong bodies and they were "restored" to their supposed original bodies but what I don't understand is that the why the different rules for them post body swap. One went from straight woman to gay man & one went from straight man to straight woman. Though it already stretching credibility that someone from the past could survive in the modern world especially she didn't have the memory of the new body that she was in.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Rayner Yeo said:

Was the protagonist in the Chinese version a chef too? I thought that is only the Korean version only.

The Chinese version is typical of the Chinese time travel dramas which must have the protagonist return to the present day no matter what. Maybe that is required by the censorship board or something. Like for the Chinese version of Scarlet Heart, in the novel the story just ends with the main character dies of old age in the past, but the TV version has that AND also has the main character back to present day after her death. 

Of the GPG novel yes they were born in the wrong bodies and they were "restored" to their supposed original bodies but what I don't understand is that the why the different rules for them post body swap. One went from straight woman to gay man & one went from straight man to straight woman. Though it already stretching credibility that someone from the past could survive in the modern world especially she didn't have the memory of the new body that she was in.

I guess there're some plot holes here and there in the novel. Yet, for the conflict in the change of their sexual orientations as well as their gender identities, it can be explained that the female soul from the past was transported into the male body of the modern days where it is okay for them to date someone of the same sex, hence the female soul wouldn't have to go through such a sexual identity crisis like the male soul that got transferred into the female body of the ancient time. It's also possible that the female soul date people of both sexes. 

Also, I guess the god who's in charge of their body swap may help explain the context and help them adapt to their new situations. Though the author didn't address it thoroughly for the female soul, the male soul got some assistance from that god when s/he was first swapped, so I guess the same went for the female soul.

• Like 4

Well, if I understand it correctly, the original queen in the novel liked men from the start. She or he more correctly, he felt he was born in a wrong body. The original queen was basically a transgender man attracted to men. When the queen got swapped into a man’s body he finally felt it was right for him and pursued sexual relationships with men. So the original queen was queer on top of being transgender.

I think the chef was bisexual from the start. More like closeted bisexual who didn’t admit it to himself/herself he/she could be attracted to men too. So in the end the chef was transgender woman with bisexual preferences.

So I wouldn’t say the god changed their sexuality, the god merely put them into the right bodies.

It might be very confusing to some people.

The queen struggled more with his transgender identity than his orientation. While chef struggled more with her/his sexuality than her/his transgender body.

• Like 4

I’ve only read the translated version...so things may be lost in translation... the crown Princess was a woman in her time and when she transmigrated she still felt the need to have reliance on a man... and then chose to continue as such in the modern world.

She also loved her prince but was driven by jealousy n apparently the king then fell out of love or found her annoying and pushed her away.

the chef equivalent just wanted to survive in the treacherous courts of ancient China and proved to be a worthy political opponent and eventual ally of her prince.... and decided to accept that she was a woman in that time...

the novel ending was way better than the 3 endings ... but it was a fun read n a hilarious watch... but the new queen did not have any of the emotions leftover unlike the Korean version

• Like 3

Jung Hyun said he’s scared of furious So Bong. As he should :approves:

One of rare moments when Jung Hyun forgot his lines.

They were usually really cool about intimate scenes, this was the only BTS where both of them felt a bit flustered.

Spoiler

I would ROFL so much if the writer really decided to make Director Hong rejecting Hong Yeon because he’s maybe crushing on crybaby Kim Hwan. The true love triangle would be complete.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

I feel bad for So Bong, she was about to cry, her eyes were red. Everyone was happy besides themselves... except for mama.

If she still identifies herself as a man, how traumatic this must be for her? I hope her identity crisis will be resolved this weekend, so we can focus on other things.

• Like 8
  • LOL 7

50 minutes ago, aisling said:

I feel bad for So Bong, she was about to cry, her eyes were red. Everyone was happy besides themselves... except for mama.

If she still identifies herself as a man, how traumatic this must be for her? I hope her identity crisis will be resolved this weekend, so we can focus on other things.

I can imagine the turmoil, he/she has not even resolved her feelings for CJ and now here comes the baby. Take note that pregnancy also makes a mess of a woman's hormones worse than when you have a period. LOL! Now BH who was a licentious man in his other life, will have to deal with all of these as well as what she feels for the king, and what she feels towards the machinations of the people in the palace, ROFLMAO! I am expecting her to create more riots! And because she is the queen and she is also pregnant, I will bet that the king will let her get away with anything short of murder!:Pandabulous:

13 minutes ago, Raffles said:

I'm still wondering how the royal physician arrived at his diagnosis without tipping off anyone in the room. :no_mouth:

He was checking the queen's pulse, usually a pregnant woman will have two different pulses since the baby will also have its own pulse. (at least that what I learned from the older people, its how they can tell a woman is preggy even without a doctor present).

• Like 7