• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guide of : how the royal child was made         

The Tale Of The King’s Failed Mission   Our king had a very important mission, he even sent his brother away in order to succeed in his task.   5 minutes later.  

Watching it with subs made the final episode even worse.   I’m so tired of people saying So Bong was only influenced by So Yong’s emotions and feelings. You people had your happy generic het

@enzek Yeah, the spin-off synopsis gives me a headache and makes me anxious if it turns out to be true. And since when can Kim So Yong cook? I thought Hong Yeon said So Yong couldn’t cook?

The main problem I have with the spin-off is Cheoljong’s “fickleness”. The spin-off makes him look like a two-timer and that bothers me! I can accept he loved Hwa Jin (or what he thought was love) but fell out of love with her when So Bong took over his life. But making him falling in love with So Yong, then denying those feelings, being super mean and cold to her, only to fall hard for her AGAIN in span of.. what? Weeks? Months? That makes him look VERY fickle and EASY. On top of that he also felt something for Hwa Jin... Good Lord, no wonder people thought he was obsessed with women :crazily:

Indeed, I wonder what the writers are intending with the main characters? What are they thinking??!

At least, let’s hope our theory about the reincarnation is true. I just won’t be able to cope with it if So Yong will take all the glory of Bong Hwan’s work.

Can you imagine how yucky it’d be to wake up and find out another person in you body had sex with the man you loved? :persevere: 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, enzek said:

But if the post of the spoiler for the spin off is true, with how confusing all of this "he fell in love with her at the first sight" with both Hwa Jin and So Yong, to be honest, to me, it only make Cheol Jong look like a man that is so fickle in love. 

In regards  to CJ feelings for SY and HJ - you are welcome to read my essay... this will be long 

I like to think of it this way ... ...he fell in love with SY at first sight ( which reminds me of PY words to HW .. "even if he didn't know that you had save him, he would have fall in love with you " ...blah blah ,  because we know that is exactly what happen to PY .. he fell in  love with HJ at first sight ) CJ then follow her , and then its hit with the news that she is from Andong Kim Clan (although his heart has chosen her as well)  rationality, equals to =   must not love, must not get involve, must denied ,must not persuade  ... what to do ? ... where is the girl that save me... HJ ... there she is ... beautiful, smart, a lady of high society with a kind heart ..ect, etc ..,. what is there  not to like ? ...( except the heart wants what it wants  .. SY... but must denied ). CJ hides his feeling for SY behind the veil that HJ is the best choice for him ...  the best word to describe the situation is that she is adequate ,they share history (stolen nonetheless) , she is capable of  entertaining his thoughts  and thus CJ puts all his energy into falling in love with HJ .... and who knows what she might have told him about SY  ( we all know how much she adores her and her inferiority complex in regards to SY ) and then again the fact that she is from the ANDONG KIM CLAN  ...everything reduces at that... THE ANDONG KIM CLAN , and the fact that they keep showing the worst of the high end society to him... i mean the poor guy cannot even make any political decisions ... he is a trapped soul ... like he puts it , a puppet.  I low key think that he saw SY and BI in the well that night that she decided to take her life, which might also explain why he look at her with so much discontent ... image jealously  combine with a side dish of frustration  and denial.. equal heavy anger ...  Then comes marriage ... and JBH ...and even though I do think  that JBH is responsible for making CJ pay attention once again ... and call him out on his BS .... i do believe that CJ could no longer denied his attraction toward his queen :

there are several instances that make me think of it as such ....

In the beginning when he unconsciously  moves his hand to remove the pedal from SB head 

the way he told her that he didn't  treat her right because he wasn't fully aware of her condition  when he announced their marriage 

I don't know,  he says that the king never lies... jaja... so if we go by his words ... he also added that she was always going to be his wife  when she was trying to explain why she couldn't marry him 

The fact that I low key think ... he also didn't sleep with her on their wedding( aside that he really didn't want to give the kims such ammunition as a baby )  night because that was her wish.. i think that is what he got from her speech... " i'm a man, i do not like men  "

the way he hold her and that intimate gaze when SB was having a heart attack on their wedding .

an episode where he touches her pin and tells YP that the Q knows and YP tells him what do you expect from her .... she is the core of the kim clan

when he run to her

his whole " she is my woman " speech to BI 

YP telling him to not let personal feeling get in the way, to hide his true face... all his side eye glances  to CJ when SB is concern ( in the carriage when he send her away, when he decided to visit her .. ect..... for me he knows CJ loves his queen ... he is the closest to him and his brother ... but he is conflicted because he loves HJ and might want to see her happy 

And finally right around ep 6... seeing SY dying in his arms in the lake... that was the wake up call... at least to himself and where his heart was going to... that was a remainder that this woman is fragile ... life is precious  and as much as he wants to denied it .... he can't bare to lose her ... whatever thoughts he had about killing her ... yes i can do it ... down the drain ... the reality is , as he has known ... he cares and he is not willing to let her go ... to hell with her clan ...she is just a woman  to him and he cares  and wants her but will not tell a soul ... that is his whole no touch speech ... seeking ways to live, will do whatever you want ... whatever you allow ... i will show you with action ... so on and so on which again, is exactly why YP is always on his case ... to remind him that bro stop telling me lies...you have romantic feelings for this woman ... which is also  why he doesn't mention to anybody what happen at the lake and why he hides her pin from him... this matter is his alone and it doesn't concern the nation... which can easily be concluded as to why he fell out of love with HJ so fast ... he was never too invested on this love ... this love was a distraction from his attraction to SY ... a comrade ... a nice comfort ... and gratefulness all combine  into one ...a friendship without passion... and a marriage needs both to function .... deep down HJ knows .. that is why she was so desperate ... i don't think he has ever desire her ... like her ... love her ... yes ... but there are many types of love... and we know that he always tries the best for the other party in question... whether that is SB , HJ , or anybody.... he is a kind soul ....and he feels guilty that he cannot reciprocate HJ feelings ... that he can't  hide any longer how much he likes SB .... and that their bond is not as she wants it to be given that we cannot love no two people the same way ... 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

scared louise belcher GIF by Bob's Burgers Things are getting scarry oulala! The crisis of lasts episodes is rising...hopefully resolved and back on comedy track for the very last one...I would adore an ending like in "Some like it hot" and our King and Queen just drop :"Well nobody's perfect"...:dorashakes:

• Like 1

Do you know why Prince YP is not the king, but CJ? Prince YP is older (or am I wrong?).

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Shin Hye Sun And Kim Jung Hyun Dance A Tango Together In “Mr. Queen”

Feb 4, 2021
by J. K

Shin Hye Sun and Kim Jung Hyun’s characters will show their dance moves in “Mr. Queen”!

The tvN historical fusion drama is about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.

Spoilers

On February 4, the drama released new stills of the main couple. In the past episode, Kim So Yong and Cheoljong had worked together and showed their camaraderie as they aimed to create a better world. Cheoljong worked hard to get rid of corruption and strengthen national power. Seeing how sincere he was as he fought this battle, Kim So Yong used modern know-how to help him. Cheoljong then realized that Kim So Yong had been the girl who saved him in the past, and on top of that, there was the surprising twist at the end in which Kim So Yong’s pregnancy was revealed.

As fans wonder what will happen next between the pair while they work together to survive in the cold palace, the photos show Kim So Yong and Cheoljong dancing together! Kim So Yong approaches Cheoljong with a meaningful look in her eyes, and the pair strike a passionate tango pose. It’s described that their teamwork is perfect as they pull off even difficult moves, and fans are curious to find out what’s happening between the pair as they perform this sudden dance in the middle of the day.

Episodes 17 and 18 will air on February 6 and 7, and it’s described that another incident will be occurring that will shake up their relationship. Along with the happy news of her pregnancy, there will also be a dangerous rumor starting to spread about the two of them. Fans are waiting to find out how Kim So Yong’s pregnancy might affect the power structure at the palace and whether Kim So Yong will be able to return to the present.

The production team of the show stated, “Kim So Yong and Cheoljong are experiencing another crisis. More so than romance, you will see a heart-fluttering camaraderie.” The drama next airs on February 6 at 9 p.m. KST.

I'm thinking that this rumor is not just that the baby is not CJ's son, but that CJ and the queen are on the side of that rebel group.

1 hour ago, may6 said:

In regards  to CJ feelings for SY and HJ - you are welcome to read my essay... this will be long 

I like to think of it this way ... ...he fell in love with SY at first sight ( which reminds me of PY words to HW .. "even if he didn't know that you had save him, he would have fall in love with you " ...blah blah ,  because we know that is exactly what happen to PY .. he fell in  love with HJ at first sight ) CJ then follow her , and then its hit with the news that she is from Andong Kim Clan (although his heart has chosen her as well)  rationality, equals to =   must not love, must not get involve, must denied ,must not persuade  ... what to do ? ... where is the girl that save me... HJ ... there she is ... beautiful, smart, a lady of high society with a kind heart ..ect, etc ..,. what is there  not to like ? ...( except the heart wants what it wants  .. SY... but must denied ). CJ hides his feeling for SY behind the veil that HJ is the best choice for him ...  the best word to describe the situation is that she is adequate ,they share history (stolen nonetheless) , she is capable of  entertaining his thoughts  and thus CJ puts all his energy into falling in love with HJ .... and who knows what she might have told him about SY  ( we all know how much she adores her and her inferiority complex in regards to SY ) and then again the fact that she is from the ANDONG KIM CLAN  ...everything reduces at that... THE ANDONG KIM CLAN , and the fact that they keep showing the worst of the high end society to him... i mean the poor guy cannot even make any political decisions ... he is a trapped soul ... like he puts it , a puppet.  I low key think that he saw SY and BI in the well that night that she decided to take her life, which might also explain why he look at her with so much discontent ... image jealously  combine with a side dish of frustration  and denial.. equal heavy anger ...  Then comes marriage ... and JBH ...and even though I do think  that JBH is responsible for making CJ pay attention once again ... and call him out on his BS .... i do believe that CJ could no longer denied his attraction toward his queen :

there are several instances that make me think of it as such ....

In the beginning when he unconsciously  moves his hand to remove the pedal from SB head 

the way he told her that he didn't  treat her right because he wasn't fully aware of her condition  when he announced their marriage 

I don't know,  he says that the king never lies... jaja... so if we go by his words ... he also added that she was always going to be his wife  when she was trying to explain why she couldn't marry him 

The fact that I low key think ... he also didn't sleep with her on their wedding( aside that he really didn't want to give the kims such ammunition as a baby )  night because that was her wish.. i think that is what he got from her speech... " i'm a man, i do not like men  "

the way he hold her and that intimate gaze when SB was having a heart attack on their wedding .

an episode where he touches her pin and tells YP that the Q knows and YP tells him what do you expect from her .... she is the core of the kim clan

when he run to her

his whole " she is my woman " speech to BI 

YP telling him to not let personal feeling get in the way, to hide his true face... all his side eye glances  to CJ when SB is concern ( in the carriage when he send her away, when he decided to visit her .. ect..... for me he knows CJ loves his queen ... he is the closest to him and his brother ... but he is conflicted because he loves HJ and might want to see her happy 

And finally right around ep 6... seeing SY dying in his arms in the lake... that was the wake up call... at least to himself and where his heart was going to... that was a remainder that this woman is fragile ... life is precious  and as much as he wants to denied it .... he can't bare to lose her ... whatever thoughts he had about killing her ... yes i can do it ... down the drain ... the reality is , as he has known ... he cares and he is not willing to let her go ... to hell with her clan ...she is just a woman  to him and he cares  and wants her but will not tell a soul ... that is his whole no touch speech ... seeking ways to live, will do whatever you want ... whatever you allow ... i will show you with action ... so on and so on which again, is exactly why YP is always on his case ... to remind him that bro stop telling me lies...you have romantic feelings for this woman ... which is also  why he doesn't mention to anybody what happen at the lake and why he hides her pin from him... this matter is his alone and it doesn't concern the nation... which can easily be concluded as to why he fell out of love with HJ so fast ... he was never too invested on this love ... this love was a distraction from his attraction to SY ... a comrade ... a nice comfort ... and gratefulness all combine  into one ...a friendship without passion... and a marriage needs both to function .... deep down HJ knows .. that is why she was so desperate ... i don't think he has ever desire her ... like her ... love her ... yes ... but there are many types of love... and we know that he always tries the best for the other party in question... whether that is SB , HJ , or anybody.... he is a kind soul ....and he feels guilty that he cannot reciprocate HJ feelings ... that he can't  hide any longer how much he likes SB .... and that their bond is not as she wants it to be given that we cannot love no two people the same way ... 

If they manage to build the spin-off in that sense, I think it will be satisfactory.

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 3
33 minutes ago, Mila said:

Do you know why Prince YP is not the king, but CJ? Prince YP is older (or am I wrong?).

If am not mistaken, and this is a historical fact i believe... he was chosen by the Andong Kim clan ... he was not born in the capital but in Ganghwa  Island ...he was born when his family had fallen out of grace so he was not a learned scholar.... crown princes were to be expected to receive the best of the best, in regards to education , but since CJ had been born in the island , he grew up in poverty and without means to intellectual enrichment ... thus he was illiterate and easy to manipulate so he was the best choice for the Kim clan whom appointed him ... queen suwon adopted him as a son ... that is why he was chosen as the king ... and he was also the youngest among the survival relatives of the yi house. kings were chosen according to cycles as well ... if the a king dies,  someone closer to the linage and to the cycle of rule was chosen... the previous king died at 19- 20 ... so CJ was the closest ... and according to the drama ... he was chosen because KJG  ... chose him based on the fact that he had install fear on young CJ and therefore he knew that he had given him a wound deep enough for CJ to fear him... and as he puts it ... if the strongest and most powerful fear him... then he  KJG is truly the most powerful ...

• Like 6

People who still insist it’s just a body reaction to Cheoljong on Bong Hwan’s part...

Did they forget about their “texting” in Episode 11? So Bong didn’t know the author of the letters that made her heart flutter was Cheoljong. She giggled happily like someone who’s texting with her crush. 

spacer.png

To me, it shows that she isn’t merely attracted to him physically (because of So Yong’s memories), she likes Cheoljong as the whole - from body to mind. From his looks to his charisma and his wits.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

His first love was So Yong

Hwa Jin was an obligations.

His true love is Bong Hwan

First love isnt always true love.

First love needs to grow into true love. 

So Yong isn't the Queen for  Cheol Jong.  He needs a strong and fearless Queen,who can fight her own battles and who help him rule.

Hwa Jin was conditional love and  he felt an obligations to love her base on lie. She saw an  opening and exploited it, twisted into love.  

Cheol Jong is in love with Bong Hwan as a whole person. He  loves the good, bad and ugly parts, he know Bong Hwan flaws.  Bong Hwan showed Cheol Jong  his hypocrisy. Cheol Jong  was punching down (trying to kill So Yong ) , when he needed to Punch up.  He could never get pass his prejudice for So Yong,  because she did not fight for him.   Bong Hwan is a walking contradiction... he cares for his father and he also cares for So Yong  and his Maids. Cheol Jong doesn't have to pretend with Bong Hwan, he can be  a man, a king, a husband and now a father. 

Bong Hwan should be part of her/his  child's life. 

Bong Hwan would be a dangerous Mama Bear, who can take on the Kim and Jo families.

Edited by Rae
  • Like 8

The spoiler preview for the additional episodes seem like an effort to rewrite the history between CJ and SY by the writers.

It doesn't ring true and feels inconsistent with what we've watched so far.  Maybe the writers want to make CJ and SY relationship and past more significant.

But if this spoiler is accurate and they go this route then it would be disappointing.

After he is brought back from exile 2 yrs before BH appears, he meets HJ again. They had a pattern of meeting secretly, they even had a regular meeting spot.  So they got to develop their relationship. Fall in love.

I don't think SY enters the palace until more recently.  Doubt they would have met before then.  Maybe a few weeks or months before BH shows up.

Someone reminded us that she didn't behave nicely, acted like how the Kim clan is expected to do - arrogant, cruel and despotic.

I don't think it's been explained why she behaved this way except for a vague reference by the GQD as maybe an effort for her to be sent home, thus will no longer be queen. But I don't think this was ever confirmed...

So CJ definitely would not have liked her (at the least) and probably avoided her.  Don't think they interacted much and SY didn't get the chance to talk to him and develop a relationship with him. 

So inserting that he fell for her before he knew she was a Kim seems unnecessary and out of character. He doesn't strike me as someone who would fall in love at first sight.  I like that about him.  That he fell for BH bec of all the characteristics he has observed. He pretty much studied her LOL.  And he even told HJ that his feelings for her were not just bec of what happened in the well but the experiences over the years. He met her again, got to know her and fell in love with her.  So like at first sight, to me, doesn't ring true.  Maybe he would be attracted by a beautiful lady but it wouldn't go much beyond that unless he had a significant interactions with her.

I don't quite get the point of adding this...

If they were going to add a prequel, I'm more curious what happened after he left the well that night.  Did HJ actually lead him to people who helped him get away?   They knew where he was so why wasn't he executed too?

I wish the epilogue is about what happens after the series ends with the royal family (HEA) or even set in the present. I would rather watch that.

I wonder when SY realized that HJ lied and that CJ thought it was HJ who helped him in the well. Or did she never know? I thought it was implied but that last sentence before she jumped in the lake might just have referred to HJ getting CJ who was technically her man at that point since HJ wasn't concubine yet.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I remember reading that the future Queen was brought in for marriage when she was 15 yrs old, the King was 21 yrs old. Reading all the historical stuff hasn't helped because it's quite sad to discover how lonely and pitiful they were for not being free to lead their own lives. And the King died due to illness [ it is mentioned that it might have something to do with the Andong Kim Clan].

This excerpt is from wikipedia - "For the Andong Kims, Cheoljong was an excellent choice. His illiteracy made him manipulable and vulnerable to their control. Proof of this was that even though Cheoljong ruled the country for 13 years, until his very last days he had not yet learned how to move with dignity or how to wear royal clothes, so that in even the most luxurious of robes he still looked like a fisherman."

• Like 3

I want a happy ending for Cheol Jong with the woman he gave his heart, body and soul too.  Cheol Jong has suffered the most, his family gets killed,  made into a puppet king. He had to stand alone for two years.   If Bong Hwan has to go back to his body . So let's this  be a bad dream, that he was stuck in woman body. He meets the reincarnated soul of Cheol Jong, who is now a woman. They can be happy in the next life. 

Kim So Yong has not showing the strength of character to stand by Cheol Jong side.  Kim So Yong ran away from her problems by killing herself. Didn't think of the trauma this would cause her father. He lost his wife in child birth and than has his daughter's suicide. He wasn't great father but he wasn't so horrible he deserves that. He pushed his  own expectations on his child. Many parents have committed this sin. 

She can't expect the King forget her family murder his. She given a bad hand.   But she treated the servants badly in hopes of getting send back. All she did was punch down and not up.  Maybe she just pretend to have them fogged. I hope.  I just can't forgive So Yong for killing herself.  Nothing in life her had  justed suicide at point. 

• Like 2
On 2/3/2021 at 10:14 PM, Phillip Lundgren said:

Thanks @kyakyari for the clip. BI and SY at 1:43??? :love: Did I miss something? :sweat_smile:

On 2/4/2021 at 3:37 AM, backstreetboysfan said:

Thanks for the video @kyakyari!:)

my pleasure :)

been away from soompi almost a week finally can properly open and posting here again

yeeay new teaser for spin-off

credit to the Tving

i kinda confuse with spin off teaser. i first thought the timeline is before SY/SB become queen. and at this preview SY already become queen also there is Oh Wool too, when HJ already become royal concubine. aaak im so excited yet sad anticipate this spin-off since it means our Sat and Sun would not be the same when Mr Queen finished T.T

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Cheorinshair said:

This is why I don't like CJ for SY ..He easily fell in and out of love...

When CJ returned the book to SY, I remember CJ said : “ I won’t confused you to other people anymore (?)

so maybe it was SY who he loves, but due to traumatic experience, he loves HJ (as he thought HJ was little SY).

when he said to HJ that he loves her even without that well incident eight years ago, I think that is his way to find out who really did save him at that time. It’s kinda giving HJ assurance that he loves her for who she is, not because she saved him, so maybe HJ would come clean to him. Simply put : it was a bait, he was looking for her confession. He was 75% doubting her.

• Like 5

Launched the teaser for the MrQueen spin-off
What to talk about this teaser? I'm confused. I want to watch the spin-off now.
It looked like the spin-off will cover not only the story of when CJ and SY first met, but also some of them already queen.
Why did they release this teaser now? Just to torment us.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, kyakyari said:

my pleasure :)

been away from soompi almost a week finally can properly open and posting here again

yeeay new teaser for spin-off

credit to the Tving

i kinda confuse with spin off teaser. i first thought the timeline is before SY/SB become queen. and at this preview SY already become queen also there is Oh Wool too, when HJ already become royal concubine. aaak im so excited yet sad anticipate this spin-off since it means our Sat and Sun would not be the same when Mr Queen finished T.T

It looks like a prequel and sequel.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • larus changed the title to [Drama 2020/2021] Queen Cheorin/Mr. Queen, 철인왕후