Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

Episode 8 seemed a bit weaker compared to the previous episodes but this was absolutely done on purpose.

It actually continued to be "a scissors episode", as this time we saw KMT "cutting something off". Everything is so messed up, yet I am here with you, and nothing else matters - more or less, this was the motto of this episode. 

The obvious was, of course, how (childishly for now but we'll see in future) MST & KMY will fight for MKT's love and attention. But the most important was that this was the beginning of MKT's transition.

I've said before that all three main characters (MKT, KMY, MST) will help each other "grow" and change. We are slowly starting to see this. KMY already starts to think about the love part in the fairy-tales (The Beauty and the Beast might not be a story only about a Stockholm Syndrome, after all); MKT's life seemed to be so screwed on the surface, yet this was what he has always wanted; and now the next one is MST - breaking from his "little brother" and living his own life.

By the way, this time MST was the one who grabbed my attention on several times. Besides the obvious fight for Mang-Tae, I also liked two moments:

1. When he tried to defend MKT in the director's office. He was trying to be the big brother and it was honestly heart-warming.

2. MST's bonding with the nurse at the hospital. I can see a blossoming friendship & a strong bond there. 

3. Not to mention the part with the spicy food and the ... that hurts when you ... :D 

Such a beautiful trio though - MKT, KMY, MST. Like a big family. :wub:

• Like 13
  • Love 7

Sooo many good scenes this week.

I really like how the head petting went from MY petting KT to now KT petting MY. I really really love every single time KT pet MY's head this week. Feel so comforted just from watching it. It's such a symbolism of their mutual comfort for each other.

Especially loved Sang Tae's dialogues this week too! How he pointed out to KT that those who are unwell in their hearts cry out at night and though he was referring to KT, KT only thought of MY. Hahaha it was also funny how when JS asked ST what "later" meant and he explained that sometimes it can be before somebody dies HAHAHAHAHAHA. Loved that so much.

I find it so interesting how the patient's expression of feeling sorry for how she had treated her daughter got KT thinking about his mom. It was a huge step forward seeing how he opened up to JS and asking him if his mom felt sorry (also, really loved that JS was being ultra supportive in this scene and JR's mom for setting the right perspective for KT about his mom). Seeing him both in tears in front of JS and while he hugged ST crushed me but I think it was a very enlightening moment of how our perceptions can sometimes be affected by our sense of rejection. When ST reminded KT that they used to eat jjampong was because mom knew KT was the one who liked it, it finally dawned on KT that his memories had been distorted by his own feelings of being rejected by his mother. He had been blind of her love for him under the false impression that she only loved ST and he was only of use for ST. The scene of him being left out of the umbrella is now extended to show his mom turning back to look for him.

I think at this point I agree that this is a healing drama. The person getting healed is me though. There's just so much life lessons one can extract from the many metaphors and scenarios crafted into the plot of this drama. Truly appreciate each and every one of it.

• Like 13
  • Love 5

This drama is just the gift that keeps giving. The 8th episode is such a gem too. Today was really the episode of KT finally not suppressing himself and his feelings and finally making a mess. It's such a healing drama since it makes me think about all the things I actually do too and that are shaping up some of my decision making too in a way that is sometimes not the best for me. 

• Like 11
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, daloula said:

This drama is just the gift that keeps giving. 

This is actually the one sentence that decribes IONTBO the best. It really is something that keeps on giving. Feels so good to have the chance to take all that it gives us. :) 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

I can't get over the scene where MY covers her umbrella over GT. Its a very symbolic scene showing how she is growing up. These little gestures are very meaningful to her character development. Goodness, I'm already pining for next Saturday and Sunday. Since being quarantined I haven't looked forward to the weekend as much as i am now.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, N Bina said:

I can't get over the scene where MY covers her umbrella over GT. Its a very symbolic scene showing how she is growing up. These little gestures are very meaningful to her character development. Goodness, I'm already pining for next Saturday and Sunday. Since being quarantined I haven't looked forward to the weekend as much as i am now.

I love that scene too because it also shows that someone now is stepping up to take care of GT too after he spent his life taking care of  his brother.

tpd5.jpg

• Like 10
  • Love 6

I let out numerous sighs this episode.. Wow. Despite all the happy scenes and MY and KT getting closer, I could feel the incoming heartbreak. We all knew that KT would eventually be pushed to choose between MY and ST. I just want everyone to be happy. I wish Sang Tae didn't say that to Kang Tae, but at the same time I understand why. I fear that either KT will move and choose his brother over MY, or that MY will let KT go so he can be with his brother. I hope there is no break up, the two leads have just been through so much already.

:crybaby:

Also, doesn't it feel like everyone is against KT and MY's healing?? MY gets a haircut, Sang Tae asks why and says she looks pretty before. KT finally letting out his emotions, Jae Su telling him he looks like a joker and the nurse telling him he was good at holding it in. 

• Like 10

Why it feel like she send her step child to school , now want free time with the daddy :joy:

15945759821594575956.gif

15945762461594576170.gif

15945765881594576362.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 17
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, hwonhwon_stv said:

2020.07.12  It's Okay To Not Be Okay EP 08 TVING network real-time ratings break 77%

005zaCLggy1ggogwt979sj30c60d3mzt.jpg

005zaCLggy1ggoiri4uarj31hc0u0txl.jpg

005zaCLggy1ggoiripsvfj31hc0u07t6.jpg

What is the real time ratings 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stella77 said:

This show also trended on Twitter in Thailand last night and has been #1 and now #2 show on Netflix TH since it came on. I think many people are watching and enjoying it because it is an amazing drama as we all know.

I made a mistake of reading some comments from haters for whatever reason and I can tell they didn’t even watch the show because their complaint was that it was too dark, too slow, no character development and that it was romanticizing bad behavior.

Gosh, that's too bad about people's comments. I don't understand why people have the urge to comment on things that don't affect them. If you don't enjoy the show, just don't watch it! <_<

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Ameera Ali Oh no!! Subway is back. Damn this PPL never dies.

I had been wondering why there's so much Subway, especially in tvN shows! The darn PPL! Is this very common in kdramas?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

They run away from butterflies because ST witness their mom’s murder and due to his trauma - he believes the butterflies are associated with the killer. He keeps on having nightmares that butterflies are out to get him etc. Since they were on the run since they were young, they just developed this nomadic lifestyle moving almost every year. KT feels like doing this will help ST deal with his nightmares but actually, he admits it’s for himself too - running away is easier to do than facing complicated problems. 

Yup and Also because what I think.

1. ST was watching something related to Butterflies Before Their Mum's Murder.

2. His Trauma made him convulate and merge the 2 concepts which Led ST to believe that BUtterflies are what chasing Him because they killed their Mum.

There is an Recurrent theme of Supressed/Overlapped Modified Memories in this show.The Characters are Basically Living Inside their Head and that is mostly what happens, their Imagination is their Made up reality. Some have the imagination part more prominent than others.

Prominent Ones....>>>>

1. MY's confusion on her Mom.being DOA

2. KT resentment leading to misunderstanding his MuM for half his live

3. ST relation to Butterflies.

4. The Fur Lady and her daughter's accident, also the fact that she was Poor but thought she was rich enough to get Plastic Surgeries.

Also Yes, There are BUTTERFLIES EVERYWHERE IN KOREA BUT Were Moon Brothers Living in Vicinity to a Garden or Jungle to Spot plethora of Butterflies everyday ??? Nope, they were from what I remember living in a City Space where spotting a Butterfly would be less, Also ST was working in such a place less closer to see a Butterfly, whenever He saw one that Triggered him ( the first scene itself was KT getting scolded for ST trigger was due to this thing I believe).

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

15945773681594577357.gif

15945777571594577732.gif

Me : yes to the mom , I vote for Food fight 

:handsup:

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

28 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Yup and Also because what I think.

1. ST was watching something related to Butterflies Before Their Mum's Murder.

2. His Trauma made him convulate and merge the 2 concepts which Led ST to believe that BUtterflies are what chasing Him because they killed their Mum.

There is an Recurrent theme of Supressed/Overlapped Modified Memories in this show.The Characters are Basically Living Inside their Head and that is mostly what happens, their Imagination is their Made up reality. Some have the imagination part more prominent than others.

Prominent Ones....>>>>

1. MY's confusion on her Mom.being DOA

2. KT resentment leading to misunderstanding his MuM for half his live

3. ST relation to Butterflies.

4. The Fur Lady and her daughter's accident, also the fact that she was Poor but thought she was rich enough to get Plastic Surgeries.

Also Yes, There are BUTTERFLIES EVERYWHERE IN KOREA BUT Were Moon Brothers Living in Vicinity to a Garden or Jungle to Spot plethora of Butterflies everyday ??? Nope, they were from what I remember living in a City Space where spotting a Butterfly would be less, Also ST was working in such a place less closer to see a Butterfly, whenever He saw one that Triggered him ( the first scene itself was KT getting scolded for ST trigger was due to this thing I believe).

Yes I agree with you its called intrusive dreaming and thinking its symptoms of PTSD which comes from a traumatic experience its all caused from

Trauma remember they moved when ST dreams start thats his trigger that start his episodes and even MY father has it I wonder what her mother did to them in that house  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Thoughts on ST

• I wonder what's driving ST's obsession over MY's shortened hair. At one point, he asked GT if he was the one who cut it, and GT didn't have the chance to answer. In general, it's a very intimate gesture for a man to touch a woman's hair, and there certainly was quite a bit of touching when GT was fixing MY's hair.
  • The hospital director previously prompted ST to paint butterflies and today the head nurse is asking ST to paint a small flower in a corner. I think they're trying to break down his aversion to butterflies.

The battle over GT has begun in earnest

• MY acting like a baby at the breakfast table, trying to get his attention by asking for the omelette.
  • The pillow fight over MT was great. ST and MY were totally uninhibited, letting everything out. They're such opposites to the bottled up GT.
    • I love that just before the fight, ST tries to teach MY some manners, "It's rude to just barge in without knocking."
  • Post fight, ST tells GT, "If I give away all my stuff to people who need them, what will I have left?" Ahhhhhhhh. So good! If GT gives all of himself to ST, who does need him very much, what's left for MY?
    • ST also tells GT that MY can have MT, not GT. Uh oh.
  • I think MY wanted to be one sharing an umbrella with GT after jjampong, but I'm impressed she showed restraint!

Show does a good job of mixing somber tones with humor

• The scene after breakfast was like a sweet wifey sending her husband off to work and then we get MY telling GT before he drives away, "Come home quickly. If you're late, I'll kill you." :lol:
  • Ar director telling Mr. Lee, "You lack the most important trait... your face." Burn!
  • The whole reason behind the shaved mustache... :w00t:

GT and MY's relationship is definitely evolving

• GT stands up to Mr. Lee on behalf of MY. Granted, it was largely motivated by jealousy, but it's nice he's looking out for her. It seems like she hasn't had anyone do that for her in her entire life thus far.
  • Isn't it interesting the patients A-Reum and Jung-Tae's feelings for each other mirror GT and MY's.
  • By the way I really thought GT was going to overlook A-Reum and Jung-Tae's indiscretion. I guess it shows he's a stickler for rules which makes it all the more shocking when he punches A-Reum's visitor. As much as GT tries to keep his safety pin in place, he's starting to let go a little when it comes to MY. The punch came out of his instinct/desire to protect MY. And I mean, come on, hitting a woman is just a no-no.
  • I think GT is so exuberant over his suspension because it may have been one of the rare times in his life where he listened to his heart instead of to his brain.

Finally... the hospital location is gorgeous.

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

~  my favorite scene today 

# gosh so playful couple :D more to come please:wub:

5f0b59664b672007090388.gif?download

5f0b590fd40cb280743860.gif?download

5f0b59077ae62232041935.gif?download

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Rickroll'D 4

So many moments in this ep had me literally squealing and I never do that lol I never get tired of MY and KT wow SYJ and KSH need to be cast in everything together!

edit: this is definitely the calm before the storm. I can see KT not liking MY's comments about ST/ or feeling guilty about leaving him and we'll probably get our "separation" UGH

• Like 11
  • Rickroll'D 1

Base on ep. 9 preview, what are your thoughts/opinions about what MY says to GT at the beach?

"I don't want you to spend the rest of your life taking care of your brother. " 

For instance, do u believe it's her being selfish or her initating to be another person besides Gang Tae to take care of Sang Tae? She's been so supportive & so inspiring in that I'm not leaning her towards being selfish though. Just want to know what everyone thinks!

Next weekend will be another rollercoaster ride of emotions! Gang Tae will be in a conflict having to choose his brother or Moon Young. I can already feel the pain. Gang Tae really needs a break for himself. I'm just a fan/viewer of this drama and I feel overwhelmed watching him deal with two important people in his life that loves & needs him. Not to mention both have mental disorders. I would be drinking every night especially over the fight for the third brother, Mang Tae, was HILARIOUS. 

One important moment in the drama that I can't ignore & want to share is when Aerum points out her thoughts on Beauty & the Beast: 

"The beast turns into a prince because of the power of Belle's true love. Her love calmed down the Beast's violent nature. That love embraced his wounded soul."

Then we are given a flashback of that beautiful night when GT embraced MY when she had her nightmare. That was a crucial moment for MY to realize that it is "love" that she is feeling for GT & it was HIS love that healed her wounded soul. Like OMG.... 

tkdEooK.gif

Again, this show NEVER cease to AMAZE me & the meanings behind these fairytales will cut me so DEEP within my SOUL. Just MINDBLOWING!

• Like 13
  • Love 4
  • Rickroll'D 1

31 minutes ago, softestfairy said:

So many moments in this ep had me literally squealing and I never do that lol I never get tired of MY and KT wow SYJ and KSH need to be cast in everything together!

edit: this is definitely the calm before the storm. I can see KT not liking MY's comments about ST/ or feeling guilty about leaving him and we'll probably get our "separation" UGH

Maybe before a separation we'll get a hot kiss...:please: i mean, this sexual tension is now to the top so i'll be pissed off if they separate without a romantic phisical moment between them. It's my opinion about ST that this is the moment to let KT go otherwise there will be a war inside him. 

Spoiler

KT needs THAT woman in his life to complete HIM in all the ways we know :poledance:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, stella77 said:

Another great episode for #8! So many great scenes today - I will rewatch it later this week.

Reveal hidden contents

I think I laughed the hardest re Jae Su’s gum accident and then shaving off Mr. Lee’s mustache and all etc. It was just unexpected funny scene. Both of them are great at comedic acting.

I also think my heart broke when ST said to KT that MY can have Mang Tae but not KT. ST does understand and sees the relationship being developed between KT and MY. He has never shared his brother before and will take some adjustments.

The whole fight over Mang Tae between ST and MY was therefore not really about the doll for ST (but it was about the doll for MY). ST went really hard on MY because he was fighting for his brother KT. It is also why he gave the doll up pretty easily. I like this fight scene because it reminded me of my own siblings fighting over toys and such while growing up. My most infamous sibling fight involved a GI JOE figure flushed down the toilet and causing the toilet to break lol. My parents had to renovate the bathroom completely as the result!

I am so happy for KT though that he can finally acknowledge his feelings and doing something that his heart wants. Jealous KT was fun to watch and it was a good build up to the release by the end of the episode. 

I think MY is also progressing well and I actually found her “handsome pen” scene great lol. I think most viewer knew she was after the pen but let KT misunderstand to mess a bit with him. My favorite scene is def the couch scene when she asked KT how to repress anger and their interaction after. KT never had a chance lol. Another powerful MY scene was at the end of her class - her realization of what “love” was was quite amazing too (SYJ did great in this scene for me). 

Happy they left us with a happy episode since next week will require them to really continue their efforts and find a way re ST too. For me I love the scenes when they all walked together in the rain and into the clinic. I think it is good for shadowing that it will be OK. 

G’night fellow fans. 

@damondayfreak1 Since they were on the run since they were young, they just developed this nomadic lifestyle moving almost every year. KT feels like doing this will help ST deal with his nightmares but actually, he admits it’s for himself too - running away is easier to do than facing complicated problems. 

Oh, makes sense!! Thanks. Weird but I get it now.

• Like 3

There is one thing I have to correct in the k-drama. The novel "The Beauty and the Beast" wasn't written during the Middle-Age.  Middle Age ends at the end of the  15th Century and the fairy tale Jeanne Marie Le prince de Beaumont wrote was published in the 18th Century. Sure, the story existed before through oral tradition but the author lived in the Absolutist period.

And what people tend to forget is that the Beast was not just ugly, it has poor manners and behaved like "a wild animal". Belle was not just beautiful, she was famous for her modesty and her open-mindedness. So here, we have our ML turning into a Beast, a modernized version... as KT has been restraining himself for too long. For the first time, he expressed his true feelings. 

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1