[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

@aisling @stroppyse @phikyl

I am with all of you that MY isn't selfish. For the first time in her life she is putting another person ahead of herself and she is absolutely right to tells GT to be "selfish". Actually KT doesn't needs to chooses any of them IF both MY and ST learn how to "share" GT. MY and ST got along pretty well BEFORE ST realised there is something going on between MY-KT.

In Jjampong Scene we can see that GT isn't the only person who gives a lot to ST but ST too gives him. As we can see ST can barely eats hot spicy foods since he was young but he tries his best to endures it for the sake of GT because it's GT's fav. It's a small gesture but it's meant a lot. The same with MY, she considered it a shabby place and can't takes the spiciness too but she endures it like ST.

IF both MY and ST will restrain themselves and try not to compete with each other for the love of GT, GT doesn't needs to choose one of them and they can link their arms together walking side by side with KT (not ST anymore) in the middle.

• Like 13
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

So two questions:

- i keep wondering beyond attraction (sizzling hot types) what does GT feel for MY? 

- i want them to be a big family but GT will literally become a caretaker for two kids. Does he have a saviour complex?

ST's words to GT for me reflected something that GT should think about-- if he gives away (all his energy/care/love) because others need it, what is left for himself? Some self care is needed... no?

In my opinion, its definitely more than physical attraction that KT sees in MY. she is the only person in his life that has been able to see through his pain and read all those feelings he's worked so hard to hide. she is able to look past this facade he's created and push him to open himself up. like when she said she can see he just wants to be loved, that's something someone like jae-soo has failed to see despite being by his side for years. granted her methods and approach have been questionable, so i can see why you may question why KT likes her, but remember she is also learning from him about how to become a better person, and so in that sense they're both growing together and that is a great place for love to blossom. 

In response to your concern about KT taking care of 'two kids' and not having energy to care for himself, i think that's going to be a turning point of the show where MY and ST will have realisations that they both love KT and that they also need to make sacrifices as KT has done so frequently for them. MY and ST may be a handful right now for KT but it's all necessary for their character development, to eventually mature and realise the three can live together as a family in harmony.  

There is a darkness in MY that we are skirting and still not addressing. Btw is she a kleptomaniac? 

I keep wondering that she obviously sees ST as a plaything (or buddy, maybe) but what when the novelty factor is over?

She could have asked the fan for the pen and he was a CEO so he would give it,why pickpocket?

Oh and me thinks GT has saviour complex wherein he has to just give to all the people he is involved with!

i agree there is a darkness in MY but we may not feel like its being resolved because this darkness revolves around the mystery surrounding her mum and that hasnt been unveiled completely.  i can definitely see her becoming softer though so that's great to see. 

i think you might be reading too much into her stealing the pen. i wouldn't say she's a klepto because remember the first episode where she openly took that knife in front of the waiter? she's not trying to hide it. i think her stealing the pen from the guy was simply a sure way of getting it and also a way to drive the love story forward with KT being jealous and misunderstanding her actions/words as flirting with choi daniel. 

I've gotta disagree that she just sees ST has a plaything. she's treated ST well and hasn't faked any of her interactions with him. they've felt genuine to me e.g. asking ST to go back inside when he was angry, acknowledging his talents. I think if she truly had bad intentions and didn't respect him, she would have done worse things to manipulate and use ST. ST and MY honestly  just feel like two siblings fighting for the affection of their mum haha. MY will have to learn patience and grow up and so will ST and i think those change are coming! 

• Like 13
  • Love 5

Finally. Gang Tae found a reason to let go. And start living for himself for a change.. although this saddens me at the same time because where does this leave Sang Tae?

I hope Moon Young, Gang Tae can work out somethin' that will include Sang Tae or allow him to be able to sustain himself in the future.. it just breaks my heart 'cause Gang Tae is his only family left after the demise of their mother.

The whole skit with Choi Daniel was hilarious! He looked like he gained weight but in a good way.   

Gang Tae has an absolutely charming smile, he looks younger even LoL! Oh I noticed he had such pretty hands ahahah! I don't really like that whole head pat thing that's popular in K-Dramas. But if it's Gang Tae, I'd gladly have him compliment me anytime:please:

• Like 7

Like The Beast lets Belle go, dashing all his hopes of breaking the spell :phew:

15946097271594609712.gif

15946111981594611043.gif

**  He also just like  Bella run back to reciprocate her feeling without any pressure :D

15946104891594610467.gif

love only thing you can’t buy , beg ,or  steal 

• Like 13
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Finally. Gang Tae found a reason to let go. And start living for himself for a change.. although this saddens me at the same time because where does this leave Sang Tae?

I hope Moon Young, Gang Tae can work out somethin' that will include Sang Tae or allow him to be able to sustain himself in the future.. it just breaks my heart 'cause Gang Tae is his only family left after the demise of their mother.

The whole skit with Choi Daniel was hilarious! He looked like he gained weight but in a good way.   

Gang Tae has an absolutely charming smile, he looks younger even LoL! Oh I noticed he had such pretty hands ahahah! I don't really like that whole head pat thing that's popular in K-Dramas. But if it's Gang Tae, I'd gladly have him compliment me anytime:please:

I don't think KT having a life of his own and looking after his brother is a mutually exclusive thing. As JR's mom pointed out, its time for KT to take a step back and let ST figure out how he wants to live his life. We've seen ST's desire for this during his fight with KT.

For ST i think this is also a situation of be careful what you wish for. While he craves for more independence, I don't think he understands what that independence entails. KT has always been a safety blanket of sorts for ST to fall back on. The role change of caretaker to more of a supportive brother is something that ST will need to adjust to. I think the last hurdle for ST to be ready to go out into the world so to speak would be to overcome his trauma about the butterflies. 

• Like 17

While episode 7 brings me the romantic love-in-the-air feeling, episode 8 gifts the family and love birds vibe.

Both these 3 people had the childhood that has formed the people they are today. They had lived with the invisible burden and responsibility that guided their direction and shaped their relationships ever since. But with this turning point, as ST is now determined and firmly about the importance role of KT in his life; MT lets her guard down (gosh I love the pure and content smile coming from the bottom of her heart) and learns to listen, to adjust her words and behaviors in order to make KT happy/ not create misunderstand (when without being asked, she actively told KT about the story happened between her and the female patient; she complimented MT after knowing that it was made by KT and MT is meaningful to ST; she praised the restaurant jjampong after knowing that it's KT's favorite place and even finished the whole bowl though she was struggle with it before). From this moment, they are being honest with their inner kids and live honestly to themselves. 

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I don't think that either KT or MY have had any actual dating experiences. Even though MY comes across aggressive, I think that's just a front to hide her insecurity

I'm with you. Though there hasn't any exact evidence to prove this point, but with what have been going on and from my personal perspective, I believe that they have set the guard high to protect their personal lives, live in their own ways to keep things in control. In KT's shoes, "one brother is enough", in MT's shoes, I wonder she ever take her eyes on any man with. Therefore, episode 8 has brought such newly love birds feeling, we see KT and MY like 2 kids who excitedly discover, define, name their feelings and feel so surreal about the fact that this is a 2-sided love - The frozen expression of MY when KT running to her at the end proves it vividly, there are so much of emotions for her to process and she still cannot believe yet the fact that now he's running towards her. I LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCH.

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

However, I still think that the Beast in this case is actually MY, and KT is the Beauty who tames her.

I agree with you. MY sees herself as the Beast while KT's role is Beauty. She was a little bit disappointed at the start of the lesson as referring Beauty and the Beast to Stockholm syndrome, but the patient AR did click something in her by saying that: "It's true love" and look at MY's expression, it speaks millions. 

Honestly, I cannot imagine if MKT is not KSH and KMY is not SYJ, their acting is brilliant and from now onward, they've set the bar high. 

• Like 11
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Liting1 said:

Base on ep. 9 preview, what are your thoughts/opinions about what MY says to GT at the beach?

"I don't want you to spend the rest of your life taking care of your brother. " 

For instance, do u believe it's her being selfish or her initating to be another person besides Gang Tae to take care of Sang Tae? She's been so supportive & so inspiring in that I'm not leaning her towards being selfish though. Just want to know what everyone thinks!

Yeah i'm also very curious about this! The key will be HOW she approaches this subject that will determine whether or not she is being selfish. If it revolves around her own happiness and so that he can spend more time with her then that would be selfish. if this is the case, she'll probably push KT away but that would lead to some character growth as she'll learn she shouldn't act like that knowing how important ST is to KT.  judging by her character progression already though, i doubt that would be the case.

Alternately, if she addresses this issue with CONCERN about KT, about wanting him to live a better and happier life, and also emphasises that ST is more capable, than it is not selfish at all. i think it's going to be this scenario or similar to what you've said. maybe that's why he will kiss her on the beach because he is so touched ahhahha we shall see in one week!

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Omo KT feeling jealous because of Daniel. Omo writer MY and fan#1 ST had such an intense fight. Omo they beheaded Mang Tae. Omo KT realizes he has feelings for MY. Omo KT removed his safety pin and punched that alcoholic ex-husband for MY. Ahhh he looks so happy getting suspended and wants to go on a trip with her! Today's episode was such a delight to watch. I'm really enjoying this change in pace as a lot has happened in this episode but it's not as intense as previous episodes. Yeah it's going to be torture to wait another 6 days to watch the next episode. 

KT and MY really helped each other change. KT jokes around more, smiles more, expresses his feelings more, and doesn't restrain himself as much. MY's "thug" tendencies (lol) even rubbed off on him since KT threatened the hospital president to bring back MY's class and punched AR's alcoholic ex-husband because of MY. MY smiles more, cuts her hair, wears brighter clothing, and learns to empathize more. When KT talks about why he made Mang Tae, MY had tears in her eyes and she valued the doll he made more. When they went to eat jjamppong, she tried to enjoy it after hearing that this is the place KT and ST used to go with their mom. 

Once again, I really like JR's mom for taking in the publisher CEO. I feel like he needs someone taking his side. He has been the emotional punching bag for almost everyone. It may all be really funny but he needs a break too. 

I wonder if MY has read her mother's last book because I think the title shows it's about murder. That patient Park Oh Ran does have such strange behaviors. Is she humming the song really because she is who they are implying that she could be or is it because she read all those books written by MY's mom and maybe that song is in it? 

Okay, I really want to rant about ST: 

Yes, ST has a disorder and it's also to be expected that he would feel jealous about KT and MY. But I still want to rant about how unfair, selfish, and hypocritical he is being. His fight with MY is pretty funny but then it's also kind of not. It's only been 8 episodes and how many times has he beat up on someone? Mostly KT and now MY got her hair pulled and a nosebleed? Was his reasoning to beat people fair? Yet he reprimands KT at the end of the episode for punching a guy who hit MY? So ST thinks he's allowed to express his anger and punch others but KT is not? ST keeps emphasizing he's the hyung and yet KT needs to be the responsible adult who is not allowed to show his anger or get in trouble? 

And he got so mad at KT for ripping up his contract that he pushed him out of the cursed castle and beats him up screaming ST owns ST, KT doesn't own ST. So why would he say here that MY can have doll MT but she can't have KT. And ST made KT agree to that. Shouldn't KT own KT, no one else owns him either? And he emphasizes he is his own independent person by signing a contract with MY to be an illustrator and moving in to the cursed castle without consulting KT, tells the publishing CEO and assistant that he can take care of himself no problem. Yet KT can't do the same and be his own independent self and make his own decisions? KT gives so much of his time, energy, money to ST. Yet ST has that money box which he doesn't want to show KT. Although yes, he wants to save up for a camping car because his brother doesn't like to move. But isn't a camping car just on the move permanently? When KT used to ask ST who he likes more, MY or him, ST always either hangs up the phone on him or doesn't answer that question. So in the next episode, he's going to ask that questions? What answer is he expecting? 

The actor who plays ST is super talented. ST as a character has his cute moments and his wise moments. I really like what he said about the body is honest but the heart is a liar. But still, that's a lot of inappropriate actions, hypocrisy, and selfishness. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

It is obvious that while Moon Young always narrates her stories in the Literature class at OK, the chapter of the series, always circles back to the characters living through it. It is vaguely obvious that the beauty and the beast is Moon Young and Kang Tae. 

Moon Young is depicted as the beast because of the lack of empathy she possess, but also it could mean that her mother is the beast too. She cut off her hair, showing that she cut off what tied her to her mother, but by doing that, Moon Young’s father is obviously suffering the consequences.

Kang Tae is obviously the beauty here. And as depicted in many shots, he tried running away from the “monster” or the “beast” that Moon Young is. But by the end of the day, he ran back to Moon Young just like how Belle ran back to the beast. 

But what baffles me is that Belle ran back to the beast at his most vulnerable time, when he was about to die. Moon Young is obviously stable and content. You could look at her eyes and it shows how much happiness those eyes contain when Kang Tae tells her that nothing is stopping him from losing control with her now.

Also once I commented that the head nurse could be Moon Young’s mom. But it seems like she’s rather interested in Sang Tae rather than Moon Young. So the black haired lady who looked over at Moon Young was obviously Ok ran, the gangster-like patient who speaks in code.

• Like 5

@debbsthebee

Yes Gang Tae has to allow Sang Tae to figure out for himself but they're all they have right now - which is each other. That has always been the way from the beginning. To sever the leash (so to speak) will take time. 

@Msgreentea

I also agree the way Sang Tae is acting out completely contradicts his words. I think he's tryin' in his own way to wean off of his co-dependence on Gang Tae.

• Like 5

what do you guys think abt the head nurse's interaction with ST in ep 8?

i had this thought while watching that scene that perhaps she could be a good match for him (i.e. a caregiver too, patient and stern), but maybe that's just my wishful thinking too, hoping that KT wouldnt be the one taking care of him their whole lives ~

of course, i still loathe the head nurse for how she totally disregards the attacks against MY in the hospital premises (twice now!!),  but she seemed good to ST. did she take him to see flowers bec of an instruction from the director to help ST face his fear of butterflies? or something else? who knows, anything can still happen at this point!! but im just throwing thoughts around here guys, feel free to share your takes on it!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

but I did wonder why did the nurse suddenly want to talk to ST or show him the flowers...

So two questions:

- i keep wondering beyond attraction (sizzling hot types) what does GT feel for MY? 

- i want them to be a big family but GT will literally become a caretaker for two kids. Does he have a saviour complex?

So does GT have this for MY?

She could have asked the fan for the pen and he was a CEO so he would give it,why pickpocket?

Oh and me thinks GT has saviour complex wherein he has to just give to all the people he is involved with!

1. Why did the ahead Nurse Suddenly wanted to talk to ST , is to makes noTes about his behaviour, Remember KT has asked the Main Doctor to look into ST's butterfly vase , since the Doctor cannot be omnipresent he sent his Most trusted Source for Diagnosis to ST.

2. KT was Always attracted towards MY, but then developed a Guilt of running away, then He never HAD TIME to thibk it over because He became the Primary Caretaker for ST and was juggling a Lot of things. When MY came back he did recognize her but the Feeling started lateron when He understood MY is not all Empty Can. Its Complicated and why cant one have a Love with Lust Included , Anyhow the Lust Level is not same as MY but sexual tension is there which is normal. For MY the LUST TO feel is developing more as she is healing.

3.KT was made to Stay back with MY because he couldn't volunatrily leave ST under her care. KT was already attracted but He never Knew how to let go, He did develop feelings for his Hypothetical Kidnapper and in turn started healing her with his Openmindness...Ananlogy on the Play Beauty and the Beast naarated by MY.Ala Stockholme Syndrome Version Light.

4. Yes She does have tendency of a Kleptomanic but only for Pecularly Handsome or Pointed Objects(Knife, Fountain Pain etc)

5. KT was always made to be a Caretaker, it may also come with Job Sideffect, kinda like if you have seen the show (Still 17 k drama) the guy there had a habit of measuring every object mainly furniture even if people were sitting on it WITHOUT PERMISSION from them as he was a Miniature Set Artist. It was a Natural Habit. That is why in Episode 8 we see KT not want to CARE ANYMORE , he got MY.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, superbigcat said:

I agree with you. MY sees herself as the Beast while KT's role is Beauty. She was a little bit disappointed at the start of the lesson as referring Beauty and the Beast to Stockholm syndrome, but the patient AR did click something in her by saying that: "It's true love" and look at MY's expression, it speaks millions. 

I agree with this too but I think the Stockholm Syndrome context, MY might be thinking of her relationship with her mother. I think it is slowly showing that yes, her mother uses aggression and was verbally abusive but yet MY has a part of her which still really loves her mother and misses her despite being afraid and traumatised by her. 

I actually really like this week's discussion on the Beauty and the Beast tale and how it played out to show different interpretations and I think it is the writer trying to tell us that through even the past references to tales, they are using one tale to refer to multiple situations in the plot simultaneously.

I need to really sit down and think about this week's connotation and relation to the tale but this is a quick gist of what I caught on first impression.

1 hour ago, debbsthebee said:

I don't think KT having a life of his own and looking after his brother is a mutually exclusive thing. As JR's mom pointed out, its time for KT to take a step back and let ST figure out how he wants to live his life. We've seen ST's desire for this during his fight with KT.

Yes I am so on this too. I think it is just a matter of time for KT and MY to figure out how to explain to ST. However with all the wisdom that ST was spewing out in episode 7, I wouldn't be surprised if t ended up being ST who figure this out first. That KT can love both ST and MY. And ST himself can also gain an extra person to love and be loved by. I really like it when ST shares heartwarming insights from his childlike perspective. It's just so pure and precious so I am definitely wishing that ST would be the one to figure this out.

For ST i think this is also a situation of be careful what you wish for. While he craves for more independence, I don't think he understands what that independence entails. KT has always been a safety blanket of sorts for ST to fall back on. The role change of caretaker to more of a supportive brother is something that ST will need to adjust to. I think the last hurdle for ST to be ready to go out into the world so to speak would be to overcome his trauma about the butterflies. 

Yes I am definitely looking forward for ST's character development in this aspect. I think KT being suspended might also be a good chance to see ST pondering more on his role as an elder brother and caring for ST. And I wonder if the head nurse was actually trying to get ST out to look at flowers so that he could face his fears as her role as a nurse or is she trying to trigger the fears and get KT and MY separated?

------

Btw is it just me or does the woman's voice singing "Oh My Darling Clementine" resembles the head nurse's voice more than the patient's? I know the patient was seen like she was singing the song but it also seemed very intentional of the production team to show us a scene of head nurse singing to ST. Even without that scene while I was observing the singing, it did sound like the head nurse. And I found her rather suspicious when she was speaking to KT too (this is just a hunch). Originally I thought the patient was suspicious for reading MY's mother's novels but later on it goes to show that she takes it from MY's father's bookshelf? So somehow I felt like she was just reading from curiosity and did not seem as suspicious anymore. Anybody else has thoughts on this?

• Like 9

51 minutes ago, heartoppaya said:

But what baffles me is that Belle ran back to the beast at his most vulnerable time, when he was about to die. Moon Young is obviously stable and content. 

you've got a point. i think this episode was just a calm before the storm as something or other might eventually trigger MY's trauma, again. this time maybe leading to more revelations about her mother. idk but i think they purposely left out that part of "beauty and the beast" hinting that the "beast" will eventually become much more vulnerable and the "beauty" shall return in the future episodes. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Looking at what everyone is talking about, the singing did seem to highlight some issues. 

First off, it was a random scene with the head nurse and Hyung where they sang together about flowers. That was an unnecessary scene. But what’s interesting is, this PD doesn’t use unnecessary scenes. Every scene in this drama has been addressed and criticized thoroughly. So the random singing and the head nurse being good to Hyung would probably be used as a hint while all arrows are pointing at Ok Ran as MY’s mom. I’m pretty sure now that I’ve read your thoughts, that Ok Ran is just a mysterious character who’s curious about the novels. Maybe she used to be a journalist. 

Meanwhile the head nurse is obviously getting more and more sketchy. I need to watch all eight episodes again to prove my points: that the head nurse is intact linked thoroughly to MY, rather than hyung. What alarmed me was when her dad randomly said that MY’s mom is pretty and the head nurse seemed very interested in it.

Something about ST brushing off the head nurse’s hand when she tries to draw made me think. I would say that she was approaching him as a nurse but ST isn’t a patient. Yes the director did say that his prescription for hyung is to draw the mural.  But why is she speaking to him like he’s a patient?

• Like 6