[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

29 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Monarchs, we deserve a hot steamy bed scene between LG and JTE if we guessed correctly. How many times have we rewatched this scene to arrive at this theory of 2 saviors? Better reward us! :lol: 

We deserve a reward! All our theories are a result of team effort :D One idea evolving into a brand new theory... I remember racking my brains when the pictures of the shoes weren’t posted here yet. If noone pointed those out, we wouldn’t be able to arrive at the 2 saviors theory this fast.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, rcresh said:

I remember racking my brains when the pictures of the shoes weren’t posted here yet. If noone pointed those out, we wouldn’t be able to arrive at the 2 saviors theory this fast.

Yes.  Let's give credit to @kdrama_fashion who posted the pics on April 26.  :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Love 5

46 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@reynamorisson I agree, there are two saviors! Allow me to add my observation about the two saviors here again. 

1) Several people have pointed out there are two different shoes. I still can’t make out the differences. I need a more frontal and clearer shot of the second pair of shoes to compare. However, I am suspicious because they focused on the shoes twice. It makes me think we were shown two walking shots on purpose. 

2) Observing this entire scene several times, it just seems to me like a two man job.

10:48 - glass ceiling breaks 

11:03 - Savior 1 is seen walking towards LR. I’m no architect but the way the room is structured, there is absolutely no way Savior 1 could have shot down the ceiling from where he was standing. It’s geometry. From where he’s standing, the highest point of which his bullet can possibly reach is wall. I’m assuming Savior 2 was the one who broke the glass. 

12:00-12:03 - savior 1 throws himself into the glass and moves behind the wall to take shelter.
12:09-12:28 - savior 2 emerges, walking towards them with confidence as he shoots.
12:33 - savior 1 stands up and starts shooting. The different actions happening almost simultaneously from 12:00-12:33 means there can only be one explanation: they are not the same person. 

We know the flute plays a big part in this story, right? And so far, we know it affects time so it’s not a stretch to assume the whole flute will allow time traveling. And if two people can travel to different worlds together with one half flute, then I’m going to say it’s possible for two people to travel back in time with one whole flute. Probable? I think so.

Monarchs, we deserve a hot steamy bed scene between LG and JTE if we guessed correctly. How many times have we rewatched this scene to arrive at this theory of 2 saviors? Better reward us! :lol: 

Interesting take. I am one of the remaining people who haven't rewatched that scene. It's on my list to do before tomorrow comes.

We don't only deserve the stemy scene but owed. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Heilo said:

Welcome on board. What episode are you on currently? 

Thank you! I'm on Episode  4 :). I have many questions!:wub:

@vangsweetie637 Ok :). Thanks for tagging me! :D :wub:

@bebebisous33 Thank you :wub:

9 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hello @2handsintertwined, welcome to the thread. To help you on appreciating this drama even more, there are helpful links on the characters in the first page of this thread for easy reference. :)  

Thank you! I am going to look at the first page of this thread :D:wub:

4 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

welcome to the forum!

No one is too dumb for this drama.

Sometimes we all thought we know something and then something happened and throw all our theories out the window and we are back to square one. :joy:

And then sometimes when we keep analysing and then we end up confusing everyone including ourselves and wonder if we talk sense.

And then we continue to analyse and discuss and then..

Thank you! I'll try to remember that :D:heart:

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Don't stare too long at LMH or he'll reel you in just like the rest of us.  He'll never let you go either.  :D

But I can't help it! I say, "He's so perfect and handsome." and "His hair is so perfect!" And I don't care if he never lets me go! I'm ready! :D:heart: 

I'm going to go backread again! :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I was noticing LG in episode 3 when JTE ignored him and did not share the ice-cream and later said a cold goodbye to him when he said he was going to leave. Twice he had a weird look on his face. Not sad or hurt. I was trying to figure out why. LMH can do sad or look rejected so why did he not. His look was inscrutable. Why? He would show other feelings like love, bemusement, etc towards JTE but he hides his hurt feelings when she ignores or rejects him. He pushes on with his interest in her but hides any hurt feelings when she is uncaring  or cold.  The first time he reveals that he is afraid that she will reject him was when he went back with JY  and asked if she missed him and that was so poignant, fear she does not really care or miss him.  So I wonder what do you all think? Do you agree he looked inscrutable and why does he hide his hurt feelings, not want to show it? I see him do it every time she treats him badly. In the end , he missed her rudeness so when JY was shocked at the way she talked to him, he laughed and said he enjoyed that. LOL! This relationship is different. As a king and leader, his lets  his love lead him around, take charge and treat him rudely.  He does not need the macho stuff but he does ask JY to keep an eye on her.

I also noticed something after rewatching that episode he stood there for awhile awkwardly as if his frozen in time when she left him there I was thinking he maybe used the flute to change her mind but I was thinking way over my head and saw the flute as more like a magic tool but realize I could have been mistaken all this time, 

@rcresh

I got one for you. What if this turns into like the time-machine where he always goes back and can't save her? God forbid I don't think KES would go down that path in all seriousness but if.. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Who is the voice - the narrator, when Luna visits the yo yo boy? Does anyone have any ideas. Thought it was JTE, could it be Luna? could it be yoyo boy?

Also -  could Luna have stolen the ID? She could have entered the palace undetected because she looks like Jte? She is known as a thief. 

Luna is also going to be used by LR to find Jte, although not sure why he would need her. After all he has the ID at this point, he so he knows her identity.  This is confusing to me.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Titled "My Everyday Is Full Of You" (literal translation), Zico x Wendy's collaboration OST will mark OST Part.10 of 'The King: Eternal Monarch'. The elegant OST combines Wendy's melodic voice with Zico's rhythmical features, accompanied by a gentle piano sound. 

Zico x Wendy's "My Everyday Is Full Of You" for 'The King: Eternal Monarch' OST Part.10 will be released this May 16 at 6 PM KST. A day prior, on May 15 at 6 PM KST, Gaeko and Kim Na Young will also be collaborating for OST Part.9 of the drama series, "Heart Break".

1589420987-0001146321-002-20200514104001

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/05/zico-x-red-velvets-wendy-to-collaborate-for-drama-the-king-eternal-monarchs-ost-part-10

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Who is the voice - the narrator, when Luna visits the yo yo boy? Does anyone have any ideas. Thought it was JTE, could it be Luna? could it be yoyo boy?

Also -  could Luna have stolen the ID? She could have entered the palace undetected because she looks like Jte? She is known as a thief. 

Luna is also going to be used by LR to find Jte, although not sure why he would need her. After all he has the ID at this point, he so he knows her identity.  This is confusing to me.  

I think LR has people in the palace which is a scary thought but he dose have people in the palace obviously otherwise he couldn't have gotten that ID card 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, maddymappo said:

Who is the voice - the narrator, when Luna visits the yo yo boy? Does anyone have any ideas. Thought it was JTE, could it be Luna? could it be yoyo boy?- If you are talking about EPIsode 8, No extra voices are there, it is only Luna and Yoyo Boy.

Luna cannot steal the ID she was released from Prison after JTE came to KOC and even after she left KOC,  Also not everyone in the Palace knows that JTE is Safe option or close to King to get access to Palace that easily, most probably Tea lady stole the ID (SJ original Mom) placed it in the library and LR got hold of it.

LR may come to know or already knows that JTE and LG are close, so Luna will be used accordingly.

• Like 6

9721726e99585f9cc24db987b9c99e43f56ba6d8

There is alot of emotional aspect to this scene but we haven't been shown because it's kept secret for a reason. We haven't seen elder Lee Gon's reaction to seeing himself in this state especially his younger self nearly butchered (Literally) since he was masked and everything 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I must be crazy. I'm having it pretty bad. It's been so busy for me lately since it's like finals week and just a bunch of final projects and papers but I still try to keep up with all these posts even if I can't contribute a lot. I don't want to miss a few days and then come back to over 50 new pages to read :sweat_smile:

But seriously, all these theories are great. I'm even starting to think we can write our own drama with all our theories combined even if they don't come up in TKEM. :D I even woke up to this crazy theory that probably made no sense at all but I'm thinking what if LG actually did die in the original timeline and it was JTE who started the loop. LR opened the gates and JTE as a detective might've caught him for his crimes but just closing the gates won't solve anything since he already committed so many murders in both worlds leaving an unbalance in both sides so she had to turn back the time and the best place to turn back the time to is during the time when LR tried to get the flute. But JTE is a very nice person and has good character so even when she turned back time to try to stop LR, she might've got distracted because LR was going to kill LG so she used up the short interval of time to save LG instead and that started the loop. I don't think people who turn back time can stay in that time period for too long anyways as you can see, we never saw the saviors again and also don't think one JTE can handle 2 Kings wooing her. :D:D One is already silly enough. Just imagine the scenario is funny enough.

Savior LG: You can't date him -points to current LG- 

Savior LG: You were always my Queen!

Current LG: I met her first.

Savior LG: Technically i met her first and on top of that I saved you! If I never did you wouldn't have met her. Oh and give me back the ID. It was mine.

:joy::joy::joy:

Anyways I digress... but I just imagine this whole thing as like a chess which seems fitting with Through the Looking Glass, but here it's JTE who is heading towards the end of the board to be Queen. She was the original Queen but she may have died in the 2nd timeline after she saved LG. So it's kind of like they're fated to be together but could never truly be together because when LG died, JTE could've chosen to live by killing LR instead of saving LG but when she saved LG, she caused this loop where he does manage to meet her in KOR and that increased her death flags, so she kept dying and LG kept turning back time to save himself to save her. And in this whole process, she started out as the pawn everytime he loops back. To break this loop, JTE becoming his Queen and they take down LR together. It also works out he's the King piece since he actually isn't the strongest piece. We can tell how he can't shoot well and his sword skills aren't even as strong as JY, but he is still good in close combat which technically is also so true in chess. The King can only attack pieces close to him but he has no good range skills. 

To close this off, it might just be my AU fanfic brain working and don't take this thread too seriously. :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Insightful 4

4 hours ago, maddymappo said:

@mrsj3n    I rewatched the 8 episodes again. In episode 8 I noticed that  after leaving flowers for Ji-hun, while Ji-hun's mother is in the car watching Shin Jae she says something about "they will keep me alive' - or something like that, and she studies her wrist, there seems to be blemish.  And, I also noticed that Luna's wrist seems to be blemished too, she also studies her wrist. Perhaps this is my imagination.

Oh. Those look like scars after her attempted suicide of slashing her wrist.

This was discussed before and suspected that either LR can travel back in time to prevent her death or they managed to stop the bleeding before it's too late or speculated that the magic flute can revive people. It's waaaaay back. My memories are fuzzy now. 

And I'm sorry, I wasn't observant enough about Luna. :flushed:

I think I'm behind the schedule of rewatching episode 1 to 8 before Friday!

I'll revert if I get to rewatch it? 

@koreaboooo *pat pat* I feel ya.

I didn't check in for 1 day.. and I'm paying the price. LOL

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, rcresh said:

A time travel will most likely lead to a paradox if there is only one timeline. This is also part of the reason why I think there are at least two timelines (the first one is where LG first met TE) and the one we’re watching is another one that branched from the original timeline.

Still unsure how TKEM will handle this time travel though.

Your statement will depend on your definition of "timeline". A "timeline" is "passage of time as a line". In the time loop, each loop is a timeline itself (putting two ends of line together form a loop). LG could have been onto thousandth time loops for all we know. He and JTE have lived, loved, JTE died, heartbroken, found way to love again only to repeat allover again.  Each time loop is to repeat the same timeline. So far, we have not yet seen different timeline but repeats of same timeline. 

*** side note - this is so beautiful like short-lived spring cherry blossom that comes very year. My heart also aches. The Japanese word "切ない” describes such beautiful, sweet but sad state of mind very well. There is no English word that can express such sorrowful sweetness. 

The early grandpa paradox used for Dr. Who is one way of explanation, but there are also variations. I don't think we shall take this writer too serious to adhere to any scientific time travel principles. As a creative writer, she might use many different theories to create her own story. Based on what we have seen so far, the plots have most of Cosmic Strings theory mixed in with grandpa paradox along with multiverse. 

Cosmic strings are either infinite or they’re in loops, with no ends, scientists say. The approach of two such strings parallel to each other would bend space-time so vigorously and in such a particular configuration that might make time travel possible, in theory.

Just to add - among of all facets of the King, I loved the scenes in which we saw his determination and firm conviction of his doing regardless others' view of him. A fearless self-confident man is most attractive than his outward appearance. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1