[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

bb5854a00fe84a9db73f3b5bf3ad2416.jpeg?s=

Block B’s Zico And Red Velvet’s Wendy To Collaborate For “The King: Eternal Monarch” OST

Zico and Wendy have united for a collaboration!

On May 14, “The King: Eternal Monarch” announced release plans for upcoming singles of the drama’s soundtrack.

Block B’s Zico and Red Velvet’s Wendy will be releasing “My Day Is Filled With You” (literal title) for “The King: Eternal Monarch” OST Part 10.

Zico participated in writing the romantic lyrics, which express the emotions of Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) for Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun). The song begins with a soft piano melody and humming from Wendy.

“My Day Is Filled With You” is scheduled to be released on May 16 at 6 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400171wpp/block-bs-zico-and-red-velvets-wendy-to-collaborate-for-the-king-eternal-monarch-ost

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

It is supposed to be a TEARFUL kiss though ...:bawling: - I think it’s a goodbye kiss and they have to be separated... as in Lee Gon has to go back to KOC and JTE has to stay behind in ROK? So, I am sure the kiss will be passionate! 

Then they better kiss like there’s no tomorrow! 

I mean it! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

34 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Then they better kiss like there’s no tomorrow! 

I mean it! :lol:

We are the Monarchs of greediness!  :lol:

Lee Eul will not disappoint us...

May it be a temporary separation kiss, I demand for a passionately naughty one!

1588921064.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Heilo said:

If you look closely her eyes are not open? It was open before he went down on her but when there is impact of kiss her eyes is closed. She didn't expect a kiss to come her so she was looking at him gentle but he decides to kiss her right here and there but once kiss happens she closes her eyes 

2 hours ago, Heilo said:

Woow! I am drooling out here. I remember someone who posted saying that they have sexual tension that is correct imo.. I think it was

You can feel the tension while alot of people view chemistry different way. There is superficial chemistry which dosen't say much but then there is sexual tension. I think our couple have sexual tension which is much more powerful than any chemistry. 

@Heilo a lot of sexual tension because they aren't being released hihihi....therefore the show must relief them from those tension. you know maybe make more mature romance scene. It's like freaking teasing when you have that much tension and all you got is "Sweet kiss"

Also, are we looking at a different pic? cause i clicked on the pic and zoomed it but i see that She had her eyes open? and there is only one pic of the kiss.

Either way, after re reading the article, there is a slight hope that there might be a second kiss?

2 hours ago, mamabear said:

I just hate one thing about this. TE's eyes are open!!!!!!!! whyyyyy? haha

Edited:

Another one, why are LG's hands on his back? Waeyoooooo???? You've got to be kidding me!! Haha

I really hope this still is the onset of the kiss and will move in very fast pace where there we will see wayyy more than this. Though it is mentioned in the description that they share a "little kiss". Come one, how little is "little"? Haha

Forgive me friends, I feel so deprived of skinship for our main couple. Lol

@mamabear Lee Gon having his hands on his back is probably my least favorite trade of LG. Please don't hate me, I adore LMH and i fully realized that the reason that his hands are always on his back is mainly he is holding the horse whip (or whatever it is properly called), when he is holding it you can't really put your hands in your pocket, but I really want him to change position a bit, especially when he is not holding the whip, maybe put his hands in his pocket, i think he would have a better posture.

And i hope so too....after the sweet kiss, there will be the passionate one. Supposedly they are not wasting any time with their relationship because they know it may not last long, so please don't waste it on Middle schools kiss. LeeEul deserves better!

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@scrawford i agree that this is actually one of KES more complicated work. I didn’t even have a hard time with Goblin or DOTS. This one definitely takes the torch in making our minds bend accordingly to how everything is being given to us. But I don’t think it’s anything that we cannot grasp on. If all the details come together well and the flow doesn’t give us too many loopholes, the overall point of this story can actually turn out to be very mesmerizing. Otherwise, it may leave a void that needs to be filled. 
I agree! With all the clues and detective works we have been doing, the King’s arc do need to wrap up soon, and smoothly! But hey, when all fails, especially my mind, I know where my soju will be:

@vangsweetie637 I agree with you, it's not anything we can't grasp on, but it's not for mass consumption. And the directing and editing (maybe the writing as well?) is making it harder. I'm for one love complex story, but KES hit drama all had simpler storyline than the king. It is a really good script and Story, especially if they are doing the "The have been lover this whole time", but the complex story coupled with less than perfect execution, makes it hard for it to be a big hit. which at this point, I am more concern with how she is going to wrap it up. Even after knowing who the savior is and reading all on the theories of time loop/time travel, i still have no clue how is she going to execute it. i have no idea how this is going to end up. But you know what, that is why I like it hehehe

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Okay, but this, THIS, gives me hope! He’s going to touch her face they said. Right?! Yes please. I need him to hold her face!! :lol:

Honestly, it will be so hot if the next thing he does is step closer and grab her face. I can only dream hehehe. 

It looks like there is a glimpse of hope that there might be a second kiss after the sweet kiss in the pic. @Heretorant from now on, you need to be the writer for LMH romantic scene, i bet it would be steamy hehehehe...

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Lmfao I cannot believe you just quoted Joey Tribiani!! Hahahaha. Did you know next to The King, I can watch Friends all day every day? :lol::lol::lol:

I think the writer hands the script over and the actors get to discuss how they think the kiss should be: deep, passionate, innocent, with or without tongue. Lol. Unless it’s literally written “a deep kiss.” In this case, if the kiss is not passionate, I think it’s lmh and kge. They probably thought it’s the most appropriate way to act this scene. But god, I’m impatient over here. I need something more! Please be more! 

hahahahahaha.... Wow! are we separated at birth? I love FRIENDS and is My ultimate show to watch when there is nothing else. I owned a FRIENDS trivia game and i slay! Still makes me laugh and bring such comfort watching it. 

Ok KGE and LMH, you two need to go for it. I believe in you two...Fighting!

PS: Maybe KES need to put "dirty love" on the script. Ya'll lobster should know what I'm referencing :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

8 hours ago, rcresh said:

Spoiler

I’ve been following this thread for some time now and I’m amazed at how much people are theorizing over this drama. I’m a fan of time-travel and all these science stuff myself, so seeing these kind of elements incorporated into a kdrama is so refreshing and exciting. I also love theorizing and for this reason, I decided to make an account and join this thread. :lol:

This is my take on the time loop theory.

Hide contents

One thing is for sure, time travel is involved in this drama. But a part of me is still having doubts if there will be a time loop involved. As you can see above, there are three different types of time travel. For a long time, I believed that TKEM had the Fixed Timeline type, that everything is weaved together tightly and everything we're seeing is a part of the same timeline (like the one in the Prisoner of Azkaban).

But the Multiverse type is also likely to happen, and in my opinion, would explain ALOT and give the plot more depth (the first time LG hugged TE will be more meaningful and it would explain why he purposefully left TE's ID). The only complications that are giving me doubts towards this theory is its complexity and of how little time there is in 16 episodes to apply this.

Still, I decided to break down this theory. Btw, I also believe that there are two saviors. But I also think that they were from two different times.

If the time loop theory is correct, then the two saviors at the beginning might’ve been:
  • Tae-ul or Shin-jae on the First Attempt (we will call this Timeline B)
  • Lee Gon on the second attempt (we will call this Timeline C, the timeline we're currently watching)

For this to happen though, there should be three set of characters / three different timelines.

On Timeline A, Lee Gon died and this affected the first savior in some ways, which is what prompted him/her to go back in time and save LG.

Timeline B then starts from this first savior, and LG is saved. He is clueless on who his savior was and have zero clue on where to start (there was no ID to guide him) but he somehow manages to cross paths with TE and in the process, he falls in love with her. Then, something tragic happened which prompted him to once again travel back in time and intentionally put the ID in his pocket for his younger self to reach so that this time around, he will have a guide.

Which then leads us to Timeline C, the Current timeline, where he once again falls in love with TE. But with much more depth because they've already met in the previous timeline.

I really hope something similar will happen in TKEM, although this is a very complicated theory as it will involve multiple timelines when there's already a parallel universe involved.

I also think that in the upcoming episodes, JY and ES will switch roles and ES will protect LG referencing back to what JY said earlier in ep 7, “ how can they trust people like you to protect the country?” (somewhere along those lines), then he really ends up saving the king.

Also an unpopular topic: there's little input on the PM's advisor but I think there's more to him. We will see how that one goes.

So yea. These are my thoughts. I really love how TKEM makes us think!  :wub:

That is a well thought out theory I must admit. 

Here is how I see it playing out. I think we may have 3 timelines and perhaps an extra potential 4th timeline could be created if they don't succeed in this specific time loop window. 

1. Timeline A: Lee Gon gets killed by LL together with his father something must happened tragic to the world of Lee Rim caused by himself forcing someone perhaps allied to Lee Gon's family going back to change that part. 

2. Timeline B: JY is a prime suspect as his been ever loyal to Lee Gon and perhaps his the first guy to go back in timeline A to save the king and change the world for the better for everyone. Now we find ourselves in Timeline B where JY saved the king who already died in Timeline A starting Timeline B after his saving. This is where Lee Gon orginally meet Jung Tae Eul for the first time in the time loop. Something happened again which forced him to go back again to reset the timeline.

3. Timeline C: When his original Timeline B came back to create timeline C he leaves behind the ID card so that his Timeline C can find Tae Eul again and changes things to perhaps save her. He wanted all the events to change enough so that he can save some people. 

4. Timeline D: This timeline has not been created yet but I feel like we could see it If things goes completely south there is a potential for 4th timeline being created by either LG or JY

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Ok KGE and LMH, you two need to go for it. I believe in you two...Fighting!

PS: Maybe KES need to put "dirty love" on the script. Ya'll lobster should know what I'm referencing :)

I can't believe how much I LOL-ed at the last two pages. I think majority of us are in agreement. Lee Gon you have to move it and step up, JTE you have to give in a little more. Our hearts are bout to burst in this thread.  GIVE IT TO US KES/PD-nim!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 11

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@mamabear Lee Gon having his hands on his back is probably my least favorite trade of LG. Please don't hate me, I adore LMH and i fully realized that the reason that his hands are always on his back is mainly he is holding the horse whip (or whatever it is properly called), when he is holding it you can't really put your hands in your pocket, but I really want him to change position a bit, especially when he is not holding the whip, maybe put his hands in his pocket, i think he would have a better posture.

I love his hands on his back, my favourite but isn't in this scene , If this scene just like this finish I want to beat to KES/PD 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, scrawford said:

a lot of sexual tension because they aren't being released hihihi....therefore the show must relief them from those tension. you know maybe make more mature romance scene. It's like freaking teasing when you have that much tension and all you got is "Sweet kiss"

This! and

8 minutes ago, scrawford said:

And i hope so too....after the sweet kiss, there will be the passionate one. Supposedly they are not wasting any time with their relationship because they know it may not last long, so please don't waste it on Middle schools kiss. LeeEul deserves better!

This! I couldn't agree more. We are already half way through the drama, I just hope even the skinship between our main leads will level up. I hope that there's a second kiss too! Both are good kissers, for goodness sake! KES should make use of that! :joy: Anyway, let's just wait and see tomorrow, they might be tricking us again. LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

@2handsintertwined   Don't stare too long at LMH or he'll reel you in just like the rest of us.  He'll never let you go either.  :D

I would imagine LR would have an expression like Ki-chul in Faith when CY kissed ES!:lol:

I love Faith.  It took me awhile to move on from  LMH's general Choi Young.  :wub:    Faith brought me to lurk on soompi's forums.   I remember the thread was exploding when the kiss finally happened.  :lol:  The King thread reminds me of Faith thread.  I was enjoying all the theories, predictions, calculations etc, much like this thread.  :D  After Faith came out Heirs I think, and I just couldn't watched it after ep 5.  Somehow it didn't click for me.  

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

33 minutes ago, ChristineH said:

I love Faith.  It took me awhile to move on from  LMH's general Choi Young.  :wub:    Faith brought me to lurk on soompi's forums.   I remember the thread was exploding when the kiss finally happened.  :lol:  The King thread reminds me of Faith thread.  I was enjoying all the theories, predictions, calculations etc, much like this thread.  :D  After Faith came out Heirs I think, and I just couldn't watched it after ep 5.  Somehow it didn't click for me.  

I also loved faith. It surprised me how well he pulled of that glory of mane his character had. It was a chellenging character for him definitely. He had to be official and carry a glory of mane vibe which he did excellent. The way he walked, talked, and behaved was noble and his loyality to the cause was also great. The scene that got me most was where KHS character stabs him with the sword mistakenly but he didn't pull out or away and put the sword in further wanting to literally die due to breaking his words because he promised he will bring her back. I thought that was hectic and emotional moment

• Like 6
  • Love 6

26 minutes ago, graceyco said:

I can't believe how much I LOL-ed at the last two pages. I think majority of us are in agreement. Lee Gon you have to move it and step up, JTE you have to give in a little more. Our hearts are bout to burst in this thread.  GIVE IT TO US KES/PD-nim!!

At this point the PD will hear the voice and go all in while announcing the show has been turned into 19+:lol::joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

9 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

At this point the PD will hear the voice and go all in while announcing the show has been turned into 19+:lol::joy:

It would have been a hilarious turn of events if it were to occur that way but they have to many commericial deals involved in this Tv-show so technically it would anger them and they would stand in the way of such decision. The show could just go 19+ without saying anything just silently behind the scenes without confirmation or anything 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

7 hours ago, madmad min said:

people can cross the worlds only with the flute possesion then  the TimeTurning power of flute and sword can be weilded by its TRUE CALLER /Owner who can HEAR the Flute , at this point its only LG or LR.

+ @rcresh

I would love to see your theory in practise but i believe that what @madmad min makes sense practically except i differ with regard to the above.

The LR team (pregnant lady/ man in the stable etc etc) are travelling far too easily. We do nit know if there are multiple gates or one and are people really travelling one by one as LG takes JTE or JY or enmass.

I still dont get how the 2G phone works in this context. So yes, flute mught call out to some but the movement of people may not be as restricted. Yet i could be wrong.

• Like 6