[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

50 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Thank you so much for starting the poll! 

Suddenly, I feel like I’m taking a multiple choice test and it’s the test of my life and I have to make the right decision or lightning will strike me and I will die. 

Can you sense my anxiety? It’s like a life and death choice. 

:lol:

lol that’s exactly how I feel! Haha. I am stuck between two choices but i have to choose wisely because there is a punishment for the losers and a prize for the winners :joy:

btw, i like the punishment of changing our dp to a good guy for the winners and a bad guy for the losers.. haha!

edit: 

nvm. I like the second choice punishment. OTP for the winners and LR for the losers :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys. Since a poll started, we can decide on a punishment. 

1. we can take the suggestion of @Lmangla and post up a picture/change DP to Maximus(winner) or a horseshoe(loser).

2. we can post a picture/change our DP to OTP (winner) and a picture/DP of LR (loser)

3. We can post a picture/change our DP to a picture of a good guy (any good guy for the winners) and picture/dp of a baddie (any baddie for the losers). 

**as soon as we know the results, we should go through with the punishment until the drama completely ends. And if the results is not shown until the last episode, the punishment carries on for at least 3 days :D

pick which punishment you guys like. And we will go through with it. Remember guys, this is just for fun. So let’s make TKEM even more memorable :D you don’t have to join if you don’t want to. No force. It’s all fun ;)

calling @Heretorant @scrawford @mychoiyoung @AgentQuake @Thong Thin @mrsj3n @syntyche @gwin @Alice Wonderland @SweetButters @madmad min @Joanna Alfson @Elnin Joery @lyrically aesthetic @realistic2280 @bebebisous33 @CallieP @wenchanteur @leeminhosny @lindas55 @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @koreaboooo @ms_inquiry @Kdramatic @YongZura⁷ @Geolyvseven

and every else that I may have forgotten..

and tag someone too if you remember because I am sure I didn’t remember everyone so that they can vote too :D

6c469b84dc22d8d38b259a6181a779f5.gif omggggg diz iz goooood :w00t:

I like number 1 and number 2!!!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

11 minutes ago, lyrically aesthetic said:

omggggg diz iz goooood :w00t:

I like number 1 and number 2!!!!!

which one do you like more? Lol. Choose one. Remember to cast your vote too ;)

I will keep track of which punishment is more popular so we will know our punishment by Friday morning/Thurs nite.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

25 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I have been staring at the poll for a while now... and despite the fact that i have written several posts about the saviour theory, this is me now, still

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

8 hours ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@Elnin Joery thanks for the shout out. But I'm not a master. Just a regular commentator. Lol. There are plenty of great master theorists here that deserve the credit better than me. :D 

It's Thursday morning here, so 좋은 아침이에요/Joeun Achimieyo! I wonder why isn't it Friday yet?

When will we get some new stills?

I saw this groom is so excited for his wedding. LOL

Oh my ..if we carefully look at the throne at the far middle end behind Min Ho..it was not totally in the middle...as though there are two seating thrones....for king and queen perhaps...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

@mychoiyoung haha, I know exactly how you feel! I had to think about everything we have discussed here and this was still me:

tenor.gif

but..

Pi47.gif
:joy:

Edit:

Goodnight everyone!

Remember to cast your votes for the poll. It ends on Friday morning. And choose one punishment for the poll. I will gather the majority punishment vote and that will be our punishment :D

tag anyone whom I haven’t tagged too ;)

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

18 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

I have been staring at the poll for a while now... and despite the fact that i have written several posts about the saviour theory, this is me now, still

Even if you call us all, you'll only confuse yourself more. Pretty sure we'll have different responses. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

32 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys. Since a poll started, we can decide on a punishment. 

1. we can take the suggestion of @Lmangla and post up a picture/change DP to Maximus(winner) or a horseshoe(loser).

2. we can post a picture/change our DP to OTP (winner) and a picture/DP of LR (loser)

3. We can post a picture/change our DP of a good guy (any good guy for the winners) and picture/dp of a baddie (any baddie for the losers). 

**as soon as we know the results, we should go through with the punishment until the drama completely ends. And if the results is not shown until the last episode, the punishment carries on for at least 3 days :D

pick which punishment you guys like. And we will go through with it. Remember guys, this is just for fun. So let’s make TKEM even more memorable :D you don’t have to join if you don’t want to. No force. It’s all fun ;)

i will keep track of which punishment you guys like more. Choose one.

i will gather the popular votes and slim it to majority vote. And let you all know by tomorrow night or Friday morning:D

All my brain activity having been ruined by TKEM, it's too complicated to change my profile picture, too tedious, and I don't recall how to do it, and I'm afraid I've already forgotten where I put my original picture and can't put it back, and on top of that I've drunk too much. Besides, I'm not even sure I understood if you were talking about changing my profile picture or if "DP" is one of the characters in the drama.

However, I'm willing to post at the end of all my posts something like :
"I'm a loser."

And don't forget to remind me because I'll have forgotten by then.
In fact, I can't even remember why I'm posting this message.
Does any of this make sense?

• LOL 9

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys! I got the poll started for us! Everyone, let’s cast a vote! We don’t have much time since our countdown is done next week. We only have until this Friday to vote because we don’t know which episode the truth will be revealed to us!

what do you guys think about the suggestion for the ones who guess wrong? 

We can come up with other ideas too. I have a few. But give me a moment to put it together lol. 

Okay, I take the challange. I have voted up! LG1, LG2. And I pick choice no. 1 as a reward/punishment.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

I also thought that for a while there was a time-freeze, esp since it was shown that LR is in KOC.

From the way the camera panned from Luna's back to when LG got the ID from Luna's pocket, then camera swings to the mirror as LG looked at himself in all black get-up and realization dawned on him. BUT while looking at the mirror, Luna blinked 2x.

Then when LG was falling, the camera, camera focused on Luna & she moved.

Considering that time is stopping by 1 hour and 44 minutes by this time (22nd instance by this epi if am not mistaken),  I cannot reconcile the seemingly short times Luna seemed to be not moving.  If it took that long, then LG could have died from poisoning already.  I think she was not moving cos she was fixated on the thrill of what's about to happen & just waiting for LG to collapse.

Enlarging a very small filmed image and trying to look in the blur if the character blinks is really an exhilarating way to start the day!

:grimace:

I've made a more elaborate recap of this situation here than I had before:
Ep 13 cliffhanger timestop theory

When Tea Eul blinks, which mirror shot is it in?
Because indeed, she blinks in the first shoot (before "point A").
But did you manage to see a blink in the two others ?
Damn, I tried to replay the scene and check, but I need glasses for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

It is impossible for me to talk about this subject because I will shock everyone, and become forever a pariah on this forum.

:mask:

The only way possible is if you think either LG or JTE should be omitted lol.

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

@Heretorant you know me so well!! :joy: I'm definitely LMHoes, The Drinker, Gutterland and Obsessive shipper. There is not a day that i didn't think about "Is LMh text KGE right now" it unhealthy and i might need therapy after TKEM. Unless... they are dating. :)

Sign me up for therapy with you because those are my exact thoughts everyday, 24/7 :lol:

59 minutes ago, scrawford said:

ok, how about this filming pic. Have we gotten this scene yet? if we did, i don't remember. I have never seen Lee Gon with this outfit. they must not be filming in chronological order. 

No, we have not seen this scene yet! Sharp eyes! 

Are you backtracking? 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

So in the next episode/s, we will be seeing LG calling someone on the payphone in the bamboo forest.  Any guesses?

I wonder if it will be Yoyo Kid to the rescue?!

s4nhxjv.png

13 hours ago, Heretorant said:
  Reveal hidden contents

LOL I just saw this. I like how everyone falls under LMHoes hahahahaha

I thought there was never a question about it.  Just depends of the level of "HOey-ness" - hahaha 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

ok, how about this filming pic. Have we gotten this scene yet? if we did, i don't remember. I have never seen Lee Gon with this outfit. they must not be filming in chronological order. 

@scrawford, you must have been lurking on the previous pages; it's been ages since I posted those photos. I also don't think we've seen them on those clothes in the past episodes. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, imels said:

Okay, I take the challange. I have voted up! LG1, LG2

It can’t be help. I voted and now it cannot be undone. LG1 and LG2 was my choice. My brain says LG only but my eyes say LG1 and LG2. 

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

3. We can post a picture/change our DP of a good guy (any good guy for the winners) and picture/dp of a baddie (any baddie for the losers). 

I like options 2 & 3. But I also like what @wenchanteur suggested: losers should write “I’m a loser” at the end of every post :lol:

Count me in for option 3 + “I’m a loser” 

——————————————

More importantly, where is the bts for episode 13?!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

So in the next episode/s, we will be seeing LG calling someone on the payphone in the bamboo forest.  Any guesses?

I wonder if it will be Yoyo Kid to the rescue?!

Omg i totally forget about this scene(hw can i?) so is this also a future leegon or he already seen that pay phone?

U now what i am going to shut down my brain :crazy:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

The only way possible is if you think either LG or JTE should be omitted lol.

Ah ah ah ah!
I was sure someone would think that.
No, it's okay, neither of them.

It's hard to tell which character is too many, because I can't remember all their names.
Then, the drama isn't over, and you have to have proof that a character was useless, or rather have the means to know how the drama could have been re-written to omit that character.

I'll give my usual example, with a character already discarded.
The old prince (whose name I can't remember).
I observed two things about him:
- The information given by this character could have been given by Lady Noh. Moreover, he has a conflict scene with the PM Koo, which would have been better with Lady Noh.
- The character contributes to the scattering effect of the drama, because unlike some environmental characters, he has scenes all to himself!
Environment character: A character that is easy to remember, has no storyline or elaborate time-consuming background, and only appears in scenes where a main character appears. For example, the secretary Moo. Even if you don't remember that character, it doesnt matter.

My answer was:
Start by eliminating 60% of the characters.
I don't give this percentage by chance.
There are two worlds, but each world has the same number of characters as a normal drama. So to get back to an acceptable perception for the viewer and correspond to a normal drama, you have to divide that number by two.
Plus, there are still extra characters!
I started to calculate this based on other dramas, but it took too much time, so I gave up after some rudimentary calculations.

I had fun doing the same thing with the splitting.
splitting: number of scenes with a different context and different characters.

The splitting of episode 1 of TKEM is higher than other dramas, but is acceptable, except for the adventures of Lee Lim (the time of appearance of his associated minor characters being too short, it could be postponed in a later flashback, or the character abandoned, we know that he kills his double and the clone of Lee Gon only). Otherwise PM Koo is well introduced, as well as Lady Noh. This split increases in worrying proportions later on. It creates this effect of rapidly reducing the viewer's concentration, and the difficulty of following different storylines. Thanks to TKEM, thanks to this drama, I discovered things that I didn't know, or that seemed so obvious to me that I never asked myself questions about it.

More characters = More splitting, if these characters have scenes that focus on them.

Then, according to this splitting:

- the number of characters introduced at the same time as a main character (which makes it easier to acquire the character).

- Characters introduced in scenes with a high emotional value (one of the means to favour natural cognitive acquisition, with redundancy).

- Finally, the fact that the character has a developed background or not.

Here, it is important to avoid developing a background for many secondary characters, while on the contrary, it is important for main characters. And even there, it can become counterproductive. Finally, it all depends on how much time you want to spend on it, or whether it's better to go for a more intense storyline. My philosophy is that a character's background should be reflected in his actions, not by an excess of side scenes. Even in 16 episodes, time is limited. Short flashbacks can be effective. Of course in some dramas, it would be the period during childhood. But these are dramas that have purer storylines than TKEM, which on the other hand is very full of scattered elements and complex plots.

The elimination of character is not necessarily total.

It can be characters with functions that can be merged. Example, Eun-Sup and Shin-Jay (I had fun writing options for this situation).
It can be characters transformed into environment characters.
The problem with doing this is that you have to rewrite the drama, of course!
And to imagine that, the drama has to be finished.
I tried to do it for fun, and for example, I used the character of Luna in a different way, because at the time I did it, it was before episode 13.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2