[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Se Ri was ok talking in Mandarin. I presume @Sianna that you speak Mandarin. I didn't comment on it because there were too many awesome scenes. I repeated her Chinese about 3 times and I think I got it. Her tones were not accurate. I didn't particularly care as the other gangster was another Korean speaking Mandarin. And of the 3 the first guy was the most correct.

I am used to Korean accents in Mandarin speech. Se Ri was awesome in that scene and in the sentence delivery. Her accent though- not so much.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

@Winny :w00t: you noticed it too eh?

Hide contents

woah let's see if there's bts hahaha usually when i see those back hug scenes in some kdramas, the actors' arms would be higher, at least his right arm was ok but the left is some place else hahaha:naughty:...often times we'd see the arms at the same level with the right, that's why i'm asking our comrades to see if they can come across this vid or gifs hahaha

:naughty:+:naughty:+:naughty:

Hibs, Ses! I'm done watching Ep. 12, lol! Well-Spent Lunch Break :joy:.

I had to fast-forward 2nd-Couple's Scenes, MommyBombastic-Uncle Scene, Annoying-Brothers-with-their-Equally-Annoying-Wives Scenes and only focus on Se-ri-RiJeongHyeok scenes. At least, for now. Will re-watch later as LB is only 1 hour :lol: 

Those two lovebirds have all the opportunities in the world for Wild Smooching but that didn't happen. Ep. 12 ended without a Kiss. Aisssssssh!!! There was this scene when Se-ri told JH that after an arduous game, you have to rest. I thought SR was hinting that it's time for them to have some lovey-dovey moment. Omo, Omo! JH (aka Tomato Cultivator or was it Jin Woo of MOA) sulked, like an spoiled school-boy deprived by his mom from playing games (Uh, okay! Mommy Seri set the computer on a Kid's mode, lol!)

It has several Tear-Jerker scenes, instead. I didn't noticed, tears rolled down my face when YSR offered Mr. Insurance Guy with a salary that's 3 times bigger than his previous job and lots of Incentives too. That CCTV footage when he's desperately trying to tell everyone that Se-ri is alive (when her brothers are plotting there best plan on how to get rid of her for good) that wrenched my heart. I'm so happy for him :heart:

As usual, the Duckling (Uhm, F5 now :lol:) are effortlessly funny with all the PPL galore! Really, I'm suddenly craving for C-r-r-r-runchhy Fried Chicken! And also, where can I buy that CHANNEL t-shirt that Chi Su wore? I wasted bucket of tears for this episodes ... tears of Joy and Too Much laughing :joy:+:joy:+:joy: 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Se Ri was ok talking in Mandarin. I presume @Sianna that you speak Mandarin. I didn't comment on it because there were too many awesome scenes. I repeated her Chinese about 3 times and I think I got it. Her tones were not accurate. I didn't particularly care as the other gangster was another Korean speaking Mandarin. And of the 3 the first guy was the most correct.

I am used to Korean accents in Mandarin speech. Se Ri was awesome in that scene and in the sentence delivery. Her accent though- not so much.

Seri's mandarin was ok. It was kind of difficult for me to understand but after I replayed it, I think I got it. Her tones were off.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, J13 said:

I thought the guy with the kinda long hair who was in the alley was JH’s informant for a second cos he was on the phone around the same time as when JH got the call about CK’s whereabouts, but he turned out to be CK’s helper instead. 

JH might have a helper in both SK and NK cos someone helped him manoeuvre through the tunnel into SK too or maybe it’s just the one person helping JH? I just thought it was difficult to phone between SK/NK but then SJ did have a phone that was able to call SR’s bro from NK so it’s possible that his helper just has knowledge of both SK and NK. Very interested in learning who is helping him!

Definitely, it’s not possible to phone from NK to SK. But SK to NK is very possible through VPN.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

My attempt for translating making scene of ep 11 and 12. Apologize in advance for any mistakes or mis-translations scenes.

Spoiler

Ep 11 & 12 making scene

Caption: Two Ri Couple reunion

SR: (You need to) look at me warmly

JH: It’s not there (in the script)

Caption Script: Jung Hyuk look at Se Ri warmly)

SR: It’s written you need to look (at me) warmly

JH: How should we hug? I have to hug you too

Caption: Se Ri is thinking how she should hug Jung Hyuk

SR: (stretch out her arms) Like this

Caption SR: *like this* *like this*

PD: That’s good

SR: I have to think about how I will say my lines after the hug

Caption: Thinking about the next lines after hug, very detailed

SR: (rehearse her lines) What’s wrong with your face? Did you get hurt?

SR: After that if Jung Hyuk gives a hug , then it will be good

Caption: After Se Ri’s lines then Jung Hyuk gives her a hug again?

Caption JH: *Paused*

Caption: While talking with Jung Hyuk, an artificial snow gets inside Se Ri’s mouth

SR&JH: (LoL)

JH: I have to go back

Caption JH: (joking)

SR: Did you see how it get swallowed ?

JH: Yeah

JH: I didn’t really see how it get swallowed but I saw that it get inhaled inside your mouth

Caption SR: (laugh)

SR: Into my mouth

JH: Because you were breathing through your mouth and then *hook* it got inhaled

Caption: A heart throb point (JH’s gesture helping to brush away the snow from SR’s hair)

SR: How did you come?

Caption: Go back to shoot again

(the snow got inhaled again)

Caption: A good (?) artificial snow that gets inside Se Ri’s mouth

JH: My goodness (laughing)

Caption: Se Ri burst out laughing because of the artificial snow

PD: Should we shoot another scene first?

Caption: Way to stop her laughing? Shoot another scenes then go back to shoot this again?

SR: No, we need to shoot this first. We don’t need to shoot another scene and go back to this one

Caption: *joking* There’s no guarantee that the snow won’t get inhaled

Caption: A great skill of removing the artificial snow

Caption: *LoL*

SR: (monitoring her scenes) Why does it look so funny?

-----

SR: Fighting! (or can also be interpreted as let’s gather strength)

Caption: Two Ri couple who hear (the great news) about good ratings

SR: Dear viewers, thank you!

SR: (to JH) Please say it too (the cheer ‘fighting’)

JH: (weakly) Yeah

Caption: Jung Hyuk! The reason of his weak ‘fighting’ cheers is?

Caption: Kid (?) Ri Jung Hyuk who is sulky

Caption JH: *grumpy* *grumpy*

JH: You are mean! You are too mean

Caption JH: *following her*

SR: I don’t think you can follow after me

SR: Game is dangerous for a competitive person like you

Caption: Ri Jung Hyuk = Competitive person

Caption SR: It is very dangerous (with a weird intonation)

JH: What are you doing?

SR: *LoL*

Caption JH: Computer game is the best

-----

SJ: Do you want to eat ramyeon before you go? I have many (varieties)

SD: Why do you have so many?!! Oh my god (LoL)

Caption: A real reaction of Dan who look at Seung Jun’s luggage

Caption SJ: *proud*

SD: What are those?

Caption: The two people who is busy looking at the ramyeon inside the luggage

SD: I want to eat it

SJ: I have many (varieties)~

SD: (Shall I eat before I leave?)

Caption: Dan and Seung Jun are seating side by side in front of the dining table

Caption SJ: (putting his hand above the candle) *warm*

SD: It is a lot! (the amount of the noodle)

SD: How come it is so full?

Caption: Filling up the pot

SJ: Let me do it

Caption SJ: *careful* *careful*

Caption: Seung Jun is taking out the ramyeon carefully to not splatter into Dan’s white outfit

Caption: First way to block (with his hand) Second way to block (with the pot lid)

SD: He has a good manner. If my outfit gets stained then it needs to be bought

Caption: By Dan? Or by Seung Jun?

SJ: Because I have to buy it

Caption: Protecting Dan’s outfit success!

-----

WS: I have dressed up a little for today

Caption: I am fashion people of NK

Caption: Perfect pose!

Caption: *practicing the signal*

Caption: While making the signal, who are they waiting for?

Caption: A special cameo by Kim Sook! She has transformed perfectly as child

Kim Sook (KS): It’s my honor to act with you

KS: Sweets! Sweets!

Caption: The shooting is finished quickly because of her perfect portrayal of the character

Staffs and actors: Thank you

Caption: Thank you for the special appearance Kim Sook-nim

KS: Where is Ri Jung Hyuk’s house?

Staff: In front of there

KS: Right in front of there?

Staff: It is around there

KS: Is it? I have to visit there and take a photo

Caption: Taking a photo evidence to Ri Jung Hyuk’s house

KS: I was very happy to appear as cameo in the drama that I enjoy so much. Participating with the shooting is very great because the villagers here are very good to me and the shooting atmosphere are very nice and comfortable. I always cheer for the drama to be more success. Fighting!

KS: Captain Ri Jung Hyuk! Captain Ri where are you? I came here to see Captain Ri, but you weren’t here?

Caption: *sad*

KS: I came on the wrong day. Where is our Captain Ri?

-----

Caption: Captain Ri is currently making a promise, stamping it, making a copy and laminating it

Caption: Getting ready for the shooting (JH is holding the glass while SR is pouring it for him. While SR is pouring to her glass, JH point his finger from far away, as if he wants to hold it from far away. From what I now, it is a drinking manner in SK that you need to hold you glass when another is pouring it for you and to not let others pour drink into their own glasses)

SR: (smiles at his finger act)

JH: Does Jung Hyuk know about this (manner) too?

JH: I don’t want to go. I wish I can stay. I want to marry you and have a child who resembles you

Caption: Se Ri who is listening to Jung Hyuk’s sincere wish

JH: She suddenly cries

SR: I too surprised (that I shed tears)

Caption: Paying attention to her emotion that made her tear up

PD: Your tears suddenly come out

Caption: It’s not only us who is sad

Caption: Two Ri Couple happiness = this year wish

-----

Caption: Turning on the electric pad

SJ: I’m feeling warm while shooting this scene

PD: Saying it desperately

SJ: No! Again?!

SD: Look at him

SJ: Don’t drink that!

Caption: What is Dan doing again?

Caption SJ: *desperately*

Caption SD: *lightly* (opening the bottle easily)

SJ: Shall I cover her eyes like this?

Caption: Two of you, what is your relationship??

-----

Caption: Se Ri is crying thinking that Jung Hyuk is leaving without saying anything

Caption JH: *flustered*

Caption CS: (while gesturing with the doll) follow after her

Caption F5: It shouldn’t be like this (the birthday surprise is failed because Se Ri is crying)

Staff: Look at them standing

Caption: Se RI is laughing at F5 who is sending Jung Hyuk away

Staff: Man Bok is so awkward

SR: Look at Man Bok

Caption MB: *Awkward*

Caption: Discovering Man Bok who is standing alone awkwardly

Caption F4: Sad

PD: Cut! Okay next scenes

Caption: Two Ri Couple who can’t help but smiles while looking at F4 plus Man Bok

-----

I saw some pictures or gifs or comments in here about JH as the father and SR as the mother of the F4 or the ducklings. Looking at the reunion scene in the park I too thinking the same thing. For their little family, this is their role that I am thinking about:

JH as the father

SR as the mother

MB as the uncle, brother of JH

CS as the first child who is grumpy with everything but dependable big brother

GB as the second child who is handsome but a quiet type  

JM as the third child who is the mood maker of the family and playful

ED as the youngest who is innocent and cute

Thank you for the translation comrade!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dana T said:

Yes it has the scores 

Found it! Thanks for letting me know such a thing exists. Wish we had this when I was learning the piano years ago. For those who want the video link, here it is 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, pnaysurfer84 said:

@BlackKimchi, it’s just an ongoing thought because the Yoon’s have such ties to NK that was mentioned in either Ep. 3 or 4 between YSR and RJH. I don’t know if the writer will expound their thoughts in that but it would be nice. It’s a fantasy drama so anything goes. But with 80+ min, 4 episodes left, somethings gotta give. Yep! Let’s wait and see...

I definitely think there’s some foreshadowing behind the YSR having clan ties in NK. If her dad is actually a spy, it would make sense because they infiltrate the high class societies. There are so many interesting theories here!

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Ss79 said:

Omg I have a theory based on everything I've been seeing in the past two episodes. I don't know why but I'm totally thinking that CCK will trap JH with the SK military for being a NK spy and meanwhile, kidnapped SR and take her back the NK village and he'll call that high ranking general to come there as well cause he'll have all the proof of JH being a defector and SR being harboured by JH and his family. And when the general comes to the NK village it'll be as that lady predicted, a blood bath. But I'm thinking that Mon Bok will say he's the NK spy and give JH the opportunity to leave SK and go back to NK to fix the situation. Hence the other part of the lady's prediction that Mom Bok won't return back to NK. 

Once JH returns to NK, he'll set everything right and I'm also thinking that everyone in the NK village will pretend not to know SR so it will look like the general and CCK kidnapped a random SK woman to make it look like JH and his family are traitors. 

I also think SR kidnapping by CCK will turn into a international crisis, and somehow the story will be said in a way that JH rescued SR. And that will to avoid huge problem between both countries. And the show will end on a happy note with sort of the hope of a reunification/diplomatic relationship hanging in the air after. Until then, SR and JH can always meet in Switzerland. 

With only 4 episodes left, I hope the writer gives us a happy ending! 

But don't forget that SD is there with GSJ and in my opinion, they are going to play a role in defeating CCG.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

51 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

JH: I don’t want to go. I wish I can stay. I want to marry you and have a child who resembles you

Caption: Se Ri who is listening to Jung Hyuk’s sincere wish

JH: She suddenly cries

SR: I too surprised (that I shed tears)

Caption: Paying attention to her emotion that made her tear up

PD: Your tears suddenly come out

Caption: It’s not only us who is sad

Caption: Two Ri Couple happiness = this year wish

Please married after this drama and make a twins  :bawling::wub:

SYJ is real queen of melodrama.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

The whole series rests on the division of North Korea and South Korea. The writer has certainly given us a romanticized version of North Korea, but I think she has also tried to make it real, showing how the two sides are similar and different, and the positives and negatives of each side. Eg, Obsession with material wealth is universal. In North Korea, we also see Seo Dan’s friends being obsessed with handbags and shoes. We see Seo Dan’s mother that tries to use English to show how her class. In politics, the corruption in North Korea will be familiar to kdrama fans who watch series set in South Korea. Politics is politics everywhere. Bad people are bad people everywhere.

Full disclosure: I have a weakness for men in suits. But the scene where Seri buys expensive suit for JH was jarring for me. Does a person who may not stay long in SK really need four suits and a shirt in every single colour? I notice that Seri will buy suits for the F5 next weekend. So showing love means showering a person with expensive things? Especially when you compare it with the scenes in NK. The poor child begging in the market. Meat as a luxury. Unreliable electricity supply. Briquets as a sign of progress. And Seri using her skin massage device, and saying “I have to be rich and young.” I do understand that kdramas need PPL for commercial reasons, but these scenes also demonstrate the materialism that we take for granted. 

I appreciate that the writer follows the suit shopping scene with RJH holding the door open respectfully for people. Sadly, in the show, some youtube comments referred to it as good customer service, once again ascribing to it a commercial motive. (Those who have not watched it, I also highly recommend the South Korean movie Parasite, currently running for Best Picture at the Oscars. Wonderful commentary about social inequality.)

I am glad there is still the message of money does not buy happiness. The writer contrasts the real friendships that Seri’s enjoys in North Korea with cold calculating relationships in South Korea, even among family. The people who are nice to her (her employee and the insurance man) are in an employee relationship with her; there is still self-interest. Whereas the ajummas and the ducklings really have no self-interest in being good to her. And the ajummas are willing to put themselves on the line for each other.

North Korea is a sensitive topic in S Korea. North Korean defectors to South Korea have a tough time. North Koreans in South Korea are discriminated against and South Koreans look down on them. Over the years, the South Korean government has become less and less generous in the assistance given to North Korean defectors. Late last year, there was an incident in South Korea that received quite a lot of news coverage. A mother and child that defected from North Korean died of starvation. This caused some discussion about how much help is given to North Korean defectors and how they are treated. I thought that the scene where the F5 run out of the exhibition hall and Eun Dong loses his shoes was extremely poignant. They were getting desperate. They don’t have much money in SK, and as Chi Soo said – they can’t even go to hospital.

Factoid: I don’t know if it is true but I read on Hancinema that the F4 were themselves from North Korea. https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-hyun-bin-s-squadmates-on-crash-landing-on-you-grab-fans-attention-137163.html

• Like 10
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, BlackKimchi said:

Did anyone notice that RJH video game username ‘Tomato cultivator’ may be linked to the tomato plant YSR gifted him? How cute is that? Who's taking care of the plant now? It probably dead tho.

It's not. I saw the tomato plan in the scene when Jeong Hyeok was writing a letter to his father telling him that he was going to South Korea. He has repotted the tomato plant into a beautiful white vase :love:

• Like 5

10 hours ago, marshemell0ws said:

Seri's mandarin was ok. It was kind of difficult for me to understand but after I replayed it, I think I got it. Her tones were off.

To me, seri's mandarin is based off one of the Mainland China accent i heard when i'm in China, i understand her the first time she said her lines.:lol: i thought her Mandarin accent suits her gangsta persona for that scene:lol::lol: 

@hibiscus23 yes, most of the back hug from dramas i saw avoided that area, so when HB hug her like that, i was thinking, hmmm they are quite comfortable with each other:phew: <evil laugh>

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1