[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

48 minutes ago, Favnia said:

I don't really remember.. But does Seri still think that Jeong Hyeok is engaged to Dan? We know that the engagement is off, but the last conversation they had about this was at the school during the storm, I believe. So I think he didn't tell her? 

Come to think of it I think their distance is also due to the fact that he's still technically engaged to SD and neither of them have officially cancelled/called it off.  I can see it being in line with RJH/SR's mature characters to want to tread carefully.  (I know they're definitely not distant with each other emotionally or physically but I think you know what I mean, there's a subtle line they keep hovering over in their relationship).

24 minutes ago, usadango said:

I guess he remembered the girl on the bridge but he is not aware that the girl was SR until epi 12

I think it even took him a while to remember there was a girl he bumped into on the bridge.  He probably only remembered after she said the bridge name and then he faintly remembers seeing a girl trying to end her life but even that I think it was a really remote memory.  This is all just interpretation of his eyes/look/face in that scene!

Though a tragic time he may not wish SR to recall, I wonder if there will ever be a scene where they hear the clip together and both confirm they were destined/fated to love each other.

@Favnia I think that look was him finding a random girl in the tree saying funny things?!

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

Come to think of it I think their distance is also due to the fact that he's still technically engaged to SD and neither of them have officially cancelled/called it off.

@blue_fleursI think that is a mature reason not to do anything! (trying desperately to justify why two adults in love, drunk and alone in an empty apartment with a huge bed wouldn't do anything. Seriously, Seri's landing in NK because of tornado is more believable than this nonsense! *is bitter about no kiss*) 

9 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

I think that look was him finding a random girl in the tree saying funny things?!

Hmmm I guess. They did include that in the épilogue though. That's where Switzerland stuff usually happens. But maybe he was just finding the whole situation ridiculous. 

• Like 11

So then I guess JH smiling at Seri while she was up on the tree was just him finding her funny and not because he remembered her from Switzerland. And him taking out the camera from the closet was just him casually remembering his Swiss days and not necessarily because he remembered Seri from the bridge... I guess the purpose of that scene was to emphasize the fact that they had previously met and are fated.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5

Okay so I was re-watching ep 10 and I noticed 2 things. 

1. Even though YSR succesfully went back to SK there are still scenes from the ahjummas going forward. I think (but hopefuly I'm wrong) that our queen will go back to NK otherwise why would they still show us the life of our ahjummas there? If there's no significant reasons behind this then there's no need to update us about the ahjummas. 

2. Kim Soo Hyun's cameo. I think his appearance was too short. His appearance doesn't give much impact to the storyline UNLESS, he is RJH's informant. The one RJH was calling ever since he arrived in SK. Maybe RJH's father contacted him and ask for his assistance. If that's the case then we shall see more of him on the coming episodes. 

Part of me wishes I'm right but not the part where YSR going back to NK. I hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

@Favnia i think that is what they call “love at first sight”. 

I don’t mind the lack of kisses (even though it is a sad waste of their talent and cooperation). Their eyes and emotions on their faces make up for the kisses. In fact, I feel as though I am intruding in their personal space every time RJH /HB eyes drips honey . 

• Like 9
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, GlowWithTheFlow said:

I don’t mind the lack of kisses (even though it is a sad waste of their talent and cooperation). Their eyes and emotions on their faces make up for the kisses. In fact, I feel as though I am intruding in their personal space every time RJH /HB eyes drips honey . 

I feel the same way you do. I usually am one to complain if there is a lack of kisses or if the kissing scenes are too rigid. But I haven't complained once when it comes to CYoL because the way that they look at each other is so meaningful and so intense that I don't feel the need for them to kiss to know the depth of their feelings and emotions.

My thoughts on ep 12..

I found this episode to be so hilarious from the close encounters and missed connections between JH and his ducklings. I have to applaud the writers once again for knowing when and how to insert humour. I love that even their screen names were so on-point (Tomato Cultivator! Desperate Effort!), Chi Su finally getting a taste of the fried chicken and Yeong Beum getting approached by various agencies. :joy:

I am curious to know what made the stepmom eventually like/love Seri? Did she eventually come back to the beach after Seri had been found by that family? It seems to me like there is more to this story and I want to know how stepmom is going to mend this relationship.

I also want to know what form it was that Seri's father was filling up. Was it to look for her in NK? 

I am confused with the Se-hyeong's motives. It looks like he wants to get rid of Seri in a "I just don't want her around" kind of way but not in a "I want her dead" way. I think the real evil is his wife who seems to have no morals. This makes me wonder if at the end, Seri's family will redeem themselves and stand by her in a way that she's always wanted. A part of me hopes so!

For me, the best scene is the end where Seri comes home to an empty apartment and just falls on the floor crying.. I cried with her! YJ did an amazing job with that scene conveying the depth of her loneliness, fear and despair in realizing that she's alone once again.

• Like 9
  • Love 4

But we want them to kiss, haha... for JH who dared to cross the South Korean boundary just to steal a kiss before she goes back and now in her apartment, all alone with her... not even an attempt to kiss?.... aigooo... too much cameras around perhaps....

Just wanna say, Seri, we shared the same birthday! Hahaha

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

I feel the same way you do. I usually am one to complain if there is a lack of kisses or if the kissing scenes are too rigid. But I haven't complained once when it comes to CYoL because the way that they look at each other is so meaningful and so intense that I don't feel the need for them to kiss to know the depth of their feelings and emotions.

For me, the best scene is the end where Seri comes home to an empty apartment and just falls on the floor crying.. I cried with her! YJ did an amazing job with that scene conveying the depth of her loneliness, fear and despair in realizing that she's alone once again.

My thoughts exact. HB and SYJ do a great job emoting through their eyes and their voices that we can feel the depth of their love for each other without having a full make-out session and bed scene — although I won’t complain if they have one. Some dramas inject kissing scenes more for fan service but HB/SYJ have explosive chemistry that it isn’t needed. 

SYJ acted the ending scene so well. I felt my heart lurch and panic along with her. The despair and emptiness she felt at that moment was conveyed so well. I hope they to back inside and have a proper celebration with the ducklings because their effort to surprise her was so sweet and is the most any of her real family has done for her. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Favnia said:

If JH didn't remember her at all in ep1, then what is this face all about? 

I think this face face meant that he must have thought to.himself that this woman was not as dangerous as he thought she could be, just an honest woman who got stuck on a mishap paragliding exp. Notice that he kept his gun back during this part. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, J13 said:

14 February is also Valentines Day so maybe we will get something extra special on that day? ;) 

That would be awesome but 14th falls on Fri no episode:frown:

How do we know his birthday is 14th? I must've missed that hint

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

I think the lack of kisses is apt in their situation because of various reasons:

• JH is/was engaged for the most part so it wouldn't have been right to see him progress so fast with his relationship with Seri. In fact, it would have gone against his character.
  • Seri has always kept her distance and created a protective wall around herself for fear of getting hurt or taken advantage of. We can still see this in the way she kept telling JH not to do anything that will leave her with memories. This is also evident in how she parted with him on the morning of her birthday.. no fanfare, just very businesslike almost.. because it hurts her. People who are scared, don't just show affection so openly.
  • They are still very unsure of their future and where they stand. Right now, they are very aware they are going to need to separate and likely stay that way for the rest of their lives. So they keep creating a sort of invisible line between them that they are careful not to cross. This line is evident in that conversation between them while drinking. JH was only willing to reveal his true emotions, his wants and dreams in the pretense that they were supposedly both drunk. 

I agree...why make it harder than has to be when separated but dang! I mean at some point with all that chemistry& those NEW clothes for both of them to see each other in this hotness for 1st time how long can u be that strong!!!! Sometimes you just have to act now think later. They're already there...they're going to miss each other terribly at this point kisses or no kisses so ...for our sake please make more memories lol

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 6

23 minutes ago, Nesseri said:

I think this face face meant that he must have thought to.himself that this woman was not as dangerous as he thought she could be, just an honest woman who got stuck on a mishap paragliding exp. Notice that he kept his gun back during this part. 

May I also add that it's that same reaction he gave her when he first saw her at the bridge, which imply that those who are our type even at another 2nd glance, we'll have the same reaction. He may not remember her, because that's always the rules he goes by. He says so himself that there's is no point in remembering, it will be pointless (regarding when Seri wants to take a picture with him as a memory).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@sadthe1st @hibiscus23 @im0202 oppa  is a lover boy , what we need more of him  :joy:

Nope, Oppa is not a lover boy YET. If he is, then we would already have twins inside Seri's tummy on his first day in SK. :joy:

Seriously now, I thought there couldn't be anything worse than having a CLOY un-happy ending. I realize that there is one thing worse-- that by the end of this episode Hyun Bin is not in love with Ye Jin in real life and we all got played by HB's honey-sweet glances.

Most of the SK scenes felt like watching not only RJH and Seri's love story but Hyun Bin and Ye Jin's as well. It's so obvious by now that writer-nim is a closet fan of the couple (especially Hyun Bin's lol), subtly incorporating real life events into the script.

Writer-nim inadvertently exposes her personal commentary about the real-life HB and SYJ through the ahjummas, the sales lady, and very recently in that table scene with the ducklings and Man Bok. Grocery boy. Lover boy.  She definitely is one of us hahaha.

I do agree that we need to leave these two alone, that their private life is theirs to keep. But can they blame us? Ye Jin even cried (outside of the script) when Hyun Bin spoke of marriage, having babies and growing old. Hyun Bin should just summon all his superior acting prowess to act indifferent to Ye Jin during their BTS and interviews. That would definitely fan extinguish the flames.

Now I am prepared for the possibility that we won't be getting any intimate scenes in the future. The image of those two, in bed, making sweet love, eerily looking like real life husband and wife is going to take away viewer's attention from the drama and onto real life gossip.

The lines between reel and real are so blurry, it's like Memories of Alhambra all over again. :D I don't know what to think anymore. Art imitating life is an understatement. Stop playing with our hearts you guys.

• Like 13
  • LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

I am only just watching ep 12 right now. About 25 minutes in, and I am dying. Sorry if this has been mentioned already. But the multi player role playing game "Ri Jeong Hyeok" is playing unknowingly with one of his ducklings? :lol: Game over...but not before a little Alhambra soundtrack.... 

Man, I love Kdramas. Everything is connected. :D (But HB, really, DON'T get tangled in that again...!)

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

@Favniai agree its random. Who wouldn't laugh at a crazy lady stuck in a tree talking on a walkie talkie saying she thinks she's in a National Forest in NK LOL. 

@blue_fleursalso I wondered when or if he would let her know he heard recording and finally remembered their encounter from all those years ago. Like u said I thought he might be hesitant for fear of embarrassing her or bringing back bad memories. Do u think when they had convo about watch and he found out that's one she got that his comment "u also saved me without realizing it" was related to bridge incident?

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

7 hours ago, ScarlettRose said:

I love their friendship. 

Reveal hidden contents

I love the budding romance between these two. 

Reveal hidden contents

I love this convo of RJH and YSR and I hope all of them will come true! I can feel the love between them whenever the're talking to each other or about each other. They're great actors, it feels like they're not acting at all and I don't want to assume that they're in love for real but it's hard not to. I hope they know that they really look and interact like a real couple.

Reveal hidden contents

I love that even if the threat between RJH and YSR seems insurmountable, he always goes to her in the end. 

Are you watching CLOY on Netflix? I really like the look of your subtitles, and was wondering if you wouldn’t mind sharing the font (+ any other presets)! :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 3