[Upcoming Drama 2023] My Sweet Mobster/The Woman Who Plays, 놀아주는 여자- Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa & Kwon Yul-Wed&Thu @20:50 KST-Premieres on June 12

larus

My-Sweet-Mobster-tp02.jpg

Drama: The Woman Who Plays/ My Sweet Mobster (English title)

Hangul: 놀아주는 여자

Genre: romance

Network: JTBC

Episodes:  16

Director: Kim Woo Hyun, Kim Young Hwan

Writer: Na Kyung

Release Date: June 12, 2024- August 1, 2024

Runtime:Wednesday, Thursday

Production Company:

OST:

Official site:

Plot

Cast

Uhm Tae Goo as Ji Hwan

Han Sun Hwa as Eun Ha

Kwon Yul as

Kim Hyun Jin as Joo Il Yong

Park Jae Chan as Dong Hee

Posters

Spoiler

My-Sweet-Mobster-tp01.jpg

my-sweet-mobster.jpeg

Teasers/Trailers

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, , Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 2

by lo_ve, October 28, 2022
13 6

Uhm Tae Goo and SECRET's Han Sun Hwa will be the main leads of the upcoming JTBC drama "The Woman Who Plays."

On October 28th, media outlet OSEN shared that Uhm Tae Goo and Han Sun Hwa have been picked to lead the upcoming JTBC series "The Woman Who Plays." 

This will be the reunion drama of Uhm Tae Goo and Han Sun Hwa. They have worked together before through the 2019 OCN drama "Save Me 2" with other leads Chun Ho Jin, Esom, Kim Young Min, and Jo Jae Yoon

The upcoming series will exclusively air on JTBC. There are no details yet about the plot and other casting details.

"The Woman Who Plays" will begin its filming in the early months of 2023.

jKnAO_2f.png

This will be the comeback of Uhm Tae Goo to dramas. He last starred in Apple TV's original series "Dr. Brain" with Lee Sun Kyun, Lee Yoo Young, Park Hee Soon, Seo Ji Hye, Lee Jae Won, and Jo Bok Rae. For this year, Uhm Tae Goo made a special appearance in the film "The Witch: Part 2. The Other One." 

Uhm Tae Goo made his acting debut in 2007. Since then, he has shown a variety of performances in different genres such as "Hometown," "Secretly Greatly," "A Taxi Driver," "The Age of Shadows," "Coin Locker Girl," "My Punch-Drunk Boxer," "Night in Paradise," and more.

Meanwhile, idol actress Han Sun Hwa is booked and busy with dramas and films. Before the year ends, she will return to the "Work Later, Drink Now Season 2." Han Sun Hwa is also set to star in the upcoming movies "Sweet and Warm," "A Letter from Kyoto," and "Girls in the Cage." 

In 2022, Han Sun Hwa made a special appearance in the film "Daemuga: Sorrow and Joy." She also appeared in a supporting role in the drama "Why Her?" led by Seo Hyun Jin, Hwang In Youp, Heo Joon Ho, Bae In Hyuk, Jo Young Jin, and Kim Sun Hyuk.

https://mydramalist.com/article/uhm-tae-goo-and-han-sun-hwa-to-reunite-for-a-new-jtbc-drama

• Like 4

News bites: January 10, 2023

by tccolb

On the JTBC front, Kwon Yul (Mental Coach Jegal) joins Uhm Tae-gu (Hometown) and Han Sun-hwa (Work Later Drink Now 2) in the lineup for The Woman Who Plays. Based on a popular web novel by the same title, the romance has PD Kim Young-hwan directing with Na Kyung penning the scripts. [MBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/01/news-bites-january-10-2023/

Kwon Yul, Han Seonhwa X Um Tae-goo appearing in ‘Woman Who Plays’… “Positive Discussion” [Official]

Actor Kwon Yul is positively discussing appearing in the drama 'Playing Girl'. On the 10th, an official from Kwon Yul’s agency, Saram Entertainment, said in a phone call with OSEN, “Kwon Yul is discussing positively about appearing in the drama ‘Playing Girl’.”

'The Girl Who Plays' is a work depicting the romance between Ji-hwan, the older brother who has cleared up his dark past, and Eun-ha, the mini-sister who plays with the children. It is based on a web novel of the same name.

Actor Uhm Tae-goo plays the role of Ji-hwan in the play, and actor Han Seon-hwa plays the role of Eun-ha, cooperating with Kwon Yul. 'Woman Who Plays with You' was organized by JTBC and is currently in the process of filming.

Kwon Yul made his debut in 2007 with the drama 'Run Mackerel' and starred in the films 'Pieta', 'War on Crime: The Golden Age of Bad Guys', 'Myeongryang', 'Park Yeol', dramas 'The Great King Sejong', 'My Daughter Seoyoung', 'Let's eat 2', 'Voice 2', 'The King: Eternal Monarch', 'Daughter-in-law 2... ing', etc.

tvN's 'Mental Coach Jegal-gil', which ended last November, is his latest work, and the synergy he will show with Han Seon-hwa and Um Tae-goo is expected.

https://news.koreadaily.com/2023/01/09/sports/broadcast/20230109165010898.html

• Like 3

Exclusive] 'Cheer Up' Kim Hyun-jin confirmed to appear in 'Woman Who Plays With You'

SBS 드라마 ‘치얼업’ 출연 배우 김현진이 28일 스포츠경향과 인터뷰에 앞서 포즈를 취하고 있다. 2022.11.28/정지윤 선임기자

Actor Kim Hyun-jin appears on JTBC's 'Woman Who Plays' (directed by Kim Young-hwan), a comprehensive programming channel.

As a result of the coverage of ‘Sports Trend’ on the 9th, Kim Hyun-jin continues hisrookie move by playing the role of Ju-young Joo in ‘Woman Who Plays’.

Ju-Young Joo, played by Kim Hyun-Jin, is one of Ji-Hwan's followers. Together with Eom Tae-goo, who decided to appear earlier,  plans to infuse the play with fun and tension at the same time.

After debuting as a model in 2015, Kim Hyun-jin made his mark as an actor by filming the web drama ‘Sugar Coating’ and ‘Can Time Deliver’ in 2020.He played the role of ‘Jin Seon-ho’ in the recently ended SBS Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Cheer Up’, and was greatly loved for his great looks and physicality. “Woman Who Plays With You” starring Kim Hyun-jin is scheduled to air this year.

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202302091352003&sec_id=540201

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Keeping this thread alive. No more news about this drama. I wonder when it will be broadcast.

Someone uploaded a picture from the filming site.

89dac25525b7add27590c3b349ab680702985716

Is there a program called Woman Who Plays on the jtbc channel? Is there a program called Playing Woman on the jtbc channel? do you have? I'm taking a picture here while I'm taking a walk with my child on the Gyeyangcheon Trail.

source

• 2 months later...

Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa, And Kwon Yool Confirmed For New Romance Drama Based On Webtoon

Jan 10, 2024
by M. Lim

Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa, and Kwon Yool’s upcoming drama “The Woman Who Plays” (literal translation) has unveiled its first stills!

Based on a popular webtoon of the same name, “The Woman Who Plays” is a romance drama that tells the story of Ji Hwan (Uhm Tae Goo), a former gang leader, and Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa), a YouTuber who makes content for kids.

Uhm Tae Goo takes on the role of Seo Ji Hwan, the CEO of the social enterprise “Thirsty Deer” who has left behind his past as a former gang leader. Traveling nationwide to dismantle gangs, Seo Ji Hwan actively recruits former members upon their release from prison and guides them toward a fresh start. Behind his determination to reshape the world of organized crime and sever ties with his past, Seo Ji Hwan holds a secret story.

The-Woman-Who-Plays2.jpeg

Han Sun Hwa will play Go Eun Ha, a content creator for children known as “Mini Unnie.” Fueled by memories of a caring older boy from her childhood neighborhood who was the only one willing to play with her, Go Eun Ha grows up with a mission to convey love and happiness to children. Always prioritizing the well-being of children over financial concerns, Eun Ha often receives the cold shoulder from her production company due to her low number of subscribers, but she remains unwaveringly bright, determined, and resilient.

The-Woman-Who-Plays1.jpeg

Kwon Yool will portray Jang Hyeon Woo, a prosecutor at the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office and an enthusiastic subscriber of Mini Unnie. Jang Hyeon Woo exhibits endless kindness toward children visiting the prosecution office but maintains a firm belief that “people don’t change” when it comes to criminals. As a result, he harbors continuous suspicion toward Seo Ji Hwan, who legally takes former convicts under his wings.

The-Woman-Who-Plays.jpeg

The production team expressed, “At first glance, it may seem like these characters are people living in different worlds. However, we want to provide viewers with the excitement of uncovering plot twists and heart-fluttering moments as the characters dispel prejudices and discover the true value of others. We are already looking forward to the acting synergy of Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa, and Kwon Yool.”

“The Woman Who Plays” is scheduled to premiere in 2024.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636500wpp/uhm-tae-goo-han-sun-hwa-and-kwon-yool-confirmed-for-new-romance-drama-based-on-webtoon

• Like 1

Uhm Tae-gu wants a second chance in The Woman Who Plays

by Jenzy

2024011021155431.jpg

JTBC just released character stills for their upcoming drama The Woman Who Plays starring Uhm Tae-gu (Hometown), Han Sun-hwa (Work Later, Drink Now 2), and Kwon Yul (Longing for You).

While described as a comedy, the drama centers around the weighty topic of redemption — wrestling with the question of how does one earn a second chance? For our lead Seo Ji-hwan (Uhm Tae-gu), it’s something he’s chased for at least half his life. After turning away from his longtime job as a crime boss, Ji-hwan has made it his personal mission to break up criminal organizations all across Korea and offer ex-cons a new life on the right side of the law. He’s earnestly trying to atone for his crimes, but wonders if it will ever be enough.

But despite Ji-hwan’s guilt, it looks like his past legacy might not be all evil deeds like he thinks. Case in point: Go Eun-ha (Han Sun-hwa). She’s a children’s content creator known as Minnie Unni, and even though her subscriber count might be low, she’s bubbly and loves what she does. To her few fans, she credits her inspiration to an old neighborhood oppa that kindly played with her as a child, giving her hope in a lonely time. (Hmmm I wonder who that oppa might be?)

Finally, rounding out the main cast we have Seoul prosecutor and huge Minnie Unni fan, Seo Hyun-woo (Kwon Yul). While he’s infinitely empathetic and kind to the children that come through the prosecution office, he takes a hard stance against convicts. To him, once a criminal, always a criminal. This creates conflict when he mets Ji-hwan who actively employs the very people Hyun-woo works hard to put away in jail. Will the two be able to reconcile their differing beliefs? All while wooing the same girl?

Written by Na Kyung and directed by Kim Young-hwan (Today’s Webtoon) and Kim Woo-hyun (Ode to Our Youth), The Woman Who Plays is slated to air sometime in the first half of this year.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/uhm-tae-gu-wants-a-second-chance-in-the-woman-who-plays/

• 2 months later...

20240508061717_han-sun-hwa-1.jpeg?s=900xHan Sun Hwa Shows Off Her Uhm Tae Goo Doll In "My Sweet Mobster" Posters

May 08, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC has given a sneak peek at their upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “My Sweet Mobster”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama that tells the story of Seo Ji Hwan (Uhm Tae Goo), a former gang leader, and Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa), a YouTuber who makes content for kids.

The newly released teaser poster depicts Seo Ji Hwan’s unexpected taste in accessories. While exuding a powerful and intimidating aura, Seo Ji Hwan boasts a cute ring and earrings that are bright pink hearts. The text on the poster corrects, “I’m prepared to do bad,” to, “I’m prepared to act pretty,” raising anticipation for his character’s narrative.

440180882_972247220937756_16022826318979

Another poster depicts kids content creator Go Eun Ha with a doll that looks exactly like Seo Ji Hwan. The text at the top of the poster asks, “Isn’t the doll so cute?” drawing stark contrast with Seo Ji Hwan’s image as a mobster. Viewers are highly anticipating how this unlikely duo will meet and gradually fall for one another.

han-sun-hwa.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659805wpp/han-sun-hwa-shows-off-her-uhm-tae-goo-doll-in-my-sweet-mobster-posters

• larus changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2023] My Sweet Mobster/The Woman Who Plays, 놀아주는 여자- Uhm Tae Goo, Han Sun Hwa & Kwon Yul-Wed&Thu @20:50 KST-Premieres on June 12
May 8 2024

Teaser poster & release date for JTBC drama “My Sweet Mobster”

My-Sweet-Mobster-tpSM1jpg.jpg

Teaser posters and release date set for JTBC drama series “My Sweet Mobster” starring Um Tae-Goo and Han Sun-Hwa. The screenplay is based on web novel “Nolajooneun Yeoja” by Park Soo-Jung & Yool-Pi. For “My Sweet Mobster,” Um Tae-Goo will play Seo Ji-Hwan. He is a reformed ex-gangster and now the CEO of a company. Han Sun-Hwa will play Go Eun-Ha. She runs a YouTube channel for kids. Caption on the teaser poster featuring Um Tae-Goo states “I’m ready to do something pretty. I’m ready to do something bad.” Caption on the teaser poster featuring Han Sun-Hwa states “Isn’t the doll so cute? Please play gently so that it doesn’t get violent.”

“My Sweet Mobster” is now scheduled to first air June 12, 2024 (takes over JTBC’s Wednesday and Thursday 8:50 PM time slot after “Frankly Speaking“).

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki: Seo Ji-Hwan (Um Tae-Goo) is a former gangster. He quit that life and is now the CEO of a company. He tries to disband gangs and hires gang members, who were released from prison, to help them improve their lives.

Go Eun-Ha (Han Sun-Hwa) runs her own YouTube channel, which is for kids. She is known as Mini Sister. She wants to convey love and happiness to her audience, based on her own childhood memory of a boy in her neighborhood who played with her. The boy was older than her, but he was the only person who played with her. Her YouTube channel isn’t very popular. One day, when she is doing cleaning work as a part-time job, she somehow accidentally hurts Seo Ji-Hwan. She freaks out, but Seo Ji-Hwan seems to know her.

My-Sweet-Mobster-tp01.jpg

My-Sweet-Mobster-tp02.jpg

https://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/teaser-poster-release-date-for-jtbc-drama-my-sweet-mobster

20240509032607_my-sweet-mobster.jpg?s=90

Watch: Uhm Tae Goo Is Head Over Heels For Han Sun Hwa In "My Sweet Mobster" Teaser

May 09, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC has unveiled a new look at their upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “My Sweet Mobster”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama that tells the story of Seo Ji Hwan (Uhm Tae Goo), a former gang leader, and Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa), a YouTuber who makes content for kids.

The newly released character teaser depicts Seo Ji Hwan who appears to be taken by Go Eun Ha. Despite hoping to come off as romantic, Seo Ji Hwan is a novice when it comes to relationships, stuttering while confessing, “I like you.”

Seo Ji Hwan flinches away even before Go Eun Ha’s hand touches him, resulting in Go Eun Ha to call him out for having no relationship skills.

Finally, the teaser captures Seo Ji Hwan’s attempt at using trendy flirting techniques, creating hearts with his hands and raising viewers’ anticipation for whether he will succeed in finding love.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660151wpp/watch-uhm-tae-goo-is-head-over-heels-for-han-sun-hwa-in-my-sweet-mobster-teaser

Uhm Tae-gu falls for Han Sun-hwa in My Sweet Mobster

by solstices

mobster_0.jpg

Previously known as The Woman Who Plays, JBTC’s upcoming rom-com has taken on the new moniker of My Sweet Mobster, as if hoping to start a new era of My Lovely [insert noun here]. Starring Uhm Tae-gu (Hometown), Han Sun-hwa (Work Later, Drink Now 2), and Kwon Yul (Longing for You), the drama chronicles the (mis)adventures of a reformed criminal who falls in love for the first time.

As a former mob boss who has resolved to step away from his dark past, Seo Ji-hwan (Uhm Tae-gu) now goes against the very criminal organizations he used to participate in. Since stepping into the light, Ji-hwan has founded a social enterprise called “The Thirsty Deer,” offering employment opportunities to ex-convicts who seek to turn over a new leaf. Despite his legacy of crime, Ji-hwan is a romantic at heart — dreamy music plays as he strikes a series of suave poses, ready to be the Prince Charming to the one who’s struck his fancy.

Said lady love is Go Eun-ha (Han Sun-hwa), looking delicately picturesque as her hair flutters in the breeze. Cupping her face gently, Ji-hwan finally makes his move… and proceeds to stutter out a nervous confession. Cue record scratch and comedic tunes, lol. Turns out Ji-hwan is a total novice at love, getting flustered when Eun-ha grabs his tie and yelping in a wide-eyed panic when she presumably walks in on him shirtless.

“Ah, so you’re a love eunuch,” Eun-ha teases, poking fun at his lack of experience. Hilariously, we actually get a scene of Ji-hwan striking a moktak like a celibate monk in meditation, LOL. What he lacks in expertise, though, he makes up for with bucketfuls of earnest sincerity and finger hearts. Perhaps that might just be the way to Eun-ha’s heart — as a children’s content creator full of exuberance and kindness, she treasures her fond memories of a childhood neighborhood oppa. (One guess who that might be.)

We don’t get to see the third corner of our love triangle just yet, but Jang Hyun-woo (Kwon Yul) is a prosecutor with no sympathy for prisoners and no faith in rehabilitation. He’s the antithesis to everything Ji-hwan stands for, and he’ll challenge him in both ideals and love — Hyun-woo is Eun-ha’s most fervent subscriber. Rounding out the supporting cast, we also have Kim Hyun-jin (Cheer Up) and DKZ’s Jaechan (Semantic Error) as Ji-hwan and Hyun-woo’s loyal subordinates.

Directed by Kim Young-hwan (Today’s Webtoon) and Kim Woo-hyun (Ode to Our Youth), with scripts penned by Na Kyung, My Sweet Mobster is slated for a June 12 premiere.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/uhm-tae-gu-falls-for-han-sun-hwa-in-my-sweet-mobster/

News bites: May 9, 2024

by tccolb

My-Sweet-Mobster-tpSM1jpg.jpg

• Eye-catching first posters are out for JTBC’s new rom-com My Sweet Mobster (previously The Woman Who Plays), showcasing the once mob boss Uhm Tae-gu (Hometown) who is now living the Barbie clean life, and kids content creator Han Sun-hwa (Work Later, Drink Now 2). Also starring Kwon Yul (Longing for You), the series premieres on June 12, following Frankly Speaking in the Wednesday-Thursday slot. [MBC]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/news-bites-may-9-2024/

20240513074355_my-sweet-mobster-1.jpeg?sHan Sun Hwa Transforms Um Tae Goo Into A Childlike Person In "My Sweet Mobster"

May 13, 2024

JTBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday drama “My Sweet Mobster” has revealed its main poster!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama with surprising twists about Seo Ji Hwan (Um Tae Goo), who has overcome his troubled past, and Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa), a kids’ content creator. The drama promises a story of reconciling the past and rediscovering childhood innocence.

The newly revealed main poster showcases Seo Ji Hwan with a charming smile, transformed into a “Pink Prince” by Go Eun Ha’s touch. His youthful eyes, framed by black hair and a pink ribbon pin, along with a pink teddy bear contrasting against his black suit, bring about laughter. The vibrant blush on his cheeks, flushed from joyful playfulness, captures everyone’s attention.

The satisfaction is felt in Go Eun Ha’s gaze as she turns the formidable elder into a child. Around Go Eun Ha, pink castle and plush toys are scattered, awakening childhood innocence. One wonders about Go Eun Ha’s unique play style that leaves the scary elder unable to resist.

The text, “Beneficial to the childlike mind, harmful to the heart,” beginning with Go Eun Ha and extending to Seo Ji Hwan, adds intrigue to their relationship. It suggests a compelling romance between a former gangster with a troubled childhood and a lively kids’ content creator who brings positive energy to the heart.

my-sweet-mobster.jpeg

“My Sweet Mobster” will premiere on June 12 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1660919wpp/han-sun-hwa-transforms-um-tae-goo-into-a-childlike-person-in-my-sweet-mobster

20240514031750_my-sweet-mobster1-.jpg?s=

Watch: Han Sun Hwa Charms Um Tae Goo With Her Bubbly Energy In New Teaser For "My Sweet Mobster"

May 14, 2024
by S Nam

JTBC’s new drama “My Sweet Mobster” has unveiled a new teaser character teaser!

“My Sweet Mobster” is a romance drama with surprising twists about Seo Ji Hwan (Um Tae Goo), who has overcome his troubled past, and Go Eun Ha (Han Sun Hwa), a kids’ content creator. The drama promises a story of reconciling the past and rediscovering childhood innocence.

Han Sun Hwa will play Go Eun Ha, a content creator for children known as “Mini Unnie.” Fueled by memories of a caring older boy from her childhood neighborhood who was the only one willing to play with her, Go Eun Ha grows up with a mission to convey love and happiness to children.

The newly released teaser depicts Seo Ji Hwan, who is a novice at relationships, getting flustered by Go Eun Ha’s casual touches. Go Eun Ha continues to charm as she greets her YouTube viewers, “Let’s play with Minnie!”

Captivating with various costumes and always maintaining a dazzling smile on her face, Go Eun Ha exudes bright energy and makes Seo Ji Hwan’s heart flutter. The teaser also previews the romance between Go Eun Ha and Seo Ji Hwan, raising anticipation for their chemistry.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661225wpp/watch-han-sun-hwa-charms-um-tae-goo-with-her-bubbly-energy-in-new-teaser-for-my-sweet-mobster

News bites: May 13, 2024

by tccolb

8936412c-7dd7-446d-ae13-64e16b3eb5a5.jpg

In stark contrast, the cute pink party continues on JTBC’s new poster for My Sweet Mobster, which ironically also stars the perennial prosecutor (and second lead *sob*) Kwon Yul. Ex-thug Uhm Tae-gu (Hometown) is rocking that pink bow, though, and I’m hopeful that June 12 will bring a fun rom-com story with Han Sun-hwa (Work Later, Drink Now 2) as our kids content creator heroine. [News]

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/news-bites-may-13-2024/

Uhm Tae-gu subscribes to Han Sun-hwa in My Sweet Mobster

by lovepark

Continuing its trend of bright and colorful promotions, JTBC has released a short but cute teaser for its upcoming rom-com My Sweet Mobster. The show stars former mob boss Uhm Tae-gu (Hometown) falling head over heels for the bubbly Han Sun-hwa (Work Later, Drink Now 2). Appearances, though, can be deceiving as the scary-looking gangster turns out to be a shy romantic, and the angelic-looking content creator is a chaotic ball of energy.

The teaser opens to a shot of Go Eun-ha (Han Sun-hwa) in all her wondrous glory — wind-swept hair, soft lighting, and a gaze that pierces through the heart. Seo Ji-hwan (Uhm Tae-gu) is absolutely smitten as he blushes in his hospital gown, but our innocent protagonist is caught off guard by Eun-ha’s direct approach. He actually faints at her seduction attempts, and the show describes her as the woman who plays better than anyone else (a direct reference to the Korean title of the show).

As a children’s content creator known as Minnie Unni, Eun-ha spends her time covered in flour, performing magic tricks, and dressing up as a butterfly. She hasn’t made it big yet — only getting 27 views on her latest video — but that doesn’t stop Eun-ha from screaming “Minnie Power!!!” and blasting a ray at her squid enemy.

To Eun-ha’s surprise, the ex-mobster she runs into is a subscriber, and it seems tons of hijinks are in store for this couple as they wake up in the same, cramped hospital bed. The show promises a heart fluttering romance, and from the way Eun-ha bursts into Ji-hwan’s life, it feels like our heroine will be causing quite a stir. The teaser then ends with Eun-ha blowing bubbles and confetti into the camera while Ji-hwan wonders who she exactly is.

Directed by PDs Kim Young-hwan (Today’s Webtoon) and Kim Woo-hyun (Ode to Our Youth) with scripts by Na Kyung, JTBC’s My Sweet Mobster premieres June 12 in the Wednesday-Thursday slot and is slated for sixteen episodes.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/05/uhm-tae-gu-subscribes-to-han-sun-hwa-in-my-sweet-mobster/

Um Tae Goo Lets Go Of His Tough Demeanor In New Drama “My Sweet Mobster”

May 16, 2024

JTBC upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “My Sweet Mobster” has unveiled new stills featuring Um Tae Goo!

In the drama, Seo Ji Hwan (Um Tae Goo) is the owner of a meat processing company named “Thirsty Deer.” He is recognized for his imposing physique and broad shoulders. He might appear fearless and masculine on the surface, but deep down, he’s more comfortable hiding his emotions than showing them. Despite his tough exterior, Seo Ji Hwan has a gentle side.

The newly released stills showcase Seo Ji Hwan’s dual nature, commanding attention with his imposing presence. Surrounded by large men in black attire, he remains composed. Yet, within the company, he exudes an icy demeanor, making communication challenging. Seo Ji Hwan’s presence fills the expansive office, overwhelming everything around him.

um-tae-goo-my-sweet-mobster.jpg

um-tae-goo-stills.jpg

However, after sunset, the empty playground paints an intriguing scene where Seo Ji Hwan is happily riding a seesaw alone. His cheerful demeanor exudes innocence, reminiscent of a child playing in the park, with charming blush on his cheeks. This contrast of his tough exterior and gentle nature makes the introduction to Seo Ji Hwan’s character highly anticipated.

However, after sunset, the empty playground paints an intriguing scene where Seo Ji Hwan is happily riding a seesaw alone. His cheerful demeanor exudes innocence, reminiscent of a child playing in the park, with charming blush on his cheeks. This contrast of his tough exterior and gentle nature makes the introduction to Seo Ji Hwan’s character highly anticipated.

um-tae-goo.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1661707wpp/um-tae-goo-lets-go-of-his-tough-demeanor-in-new-drama-my-sweet-mobster

Han Sun Hwa Is A Genuine Kids' Content Creator Spreading Joy To Children In "My Sweet Mobster"

May 17, 2024
by M Lim

JTBC’s new drama “My Sweet Mobster” has unveiled lovely new stills of Han Sun Hwa!

Han Sun Hwa portrays Go Eun Ha, a kids’ content creator known as “Mini Unnie” who spares no effort to bring joy to children. Pursuing a minimalist approach to play without expensive toys, Eun Ha often faces criticism from her production company due to her low number of subscribers, but she remains unwaveringly bright, determined, and resilient.

Fueled by memories of a caring older boy from her childhood neighborhood who was the only one willing to play with her, Go Eun Ha grows up with a mission to convey love and happiness to children unconditionally.

The newly released stills capture Go Eun Ha’s heartfelt efforts to create content that brings smiles to children’s faces. Whether crafting handmade props to create bubbles, taking on the role of a police officer for a role-play, or wholeheartedly participating in outdoor activities with children, her passion and sincerity shine through.

Han-Sun-Hwa-1-1.jpeg

Han-Sun-Hwa-2.jpeg

In the final still, viewers catch a glimpse of Go Eun Ha enjoying a moment of personal reflection, away from her Mini Unnie persona. Seated on a swing, her gaze suggests a wistful reminiscence of past memories, leaving viewers intrigued about the possibility of her reconnecting with the compassionate older boy from her childhood, who left an indelible mark on her heart.

Han-Sun-Hwa-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1662242wpp/han-sun-hwa-is-a-genuine-kids-content-creator-spreading-joy-to-children-in-my-sweet-mobster