[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

71cf3bc79f3df8dc0dc16048c111728b4610286f

Details:

Chinese title:   三生三世枕上书 ll Sān shēng sānshì zhěn shàngshū
English title: Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book

Genre: Romance , Period , Myth

Episodes:  56

Screenwriter: 梁振华 Liang ZhenHua

Directors: 杨玄 Yang Xuan

Broadcast Period: Jan/22/2020

Day: Thursday, Friday & Saturday

Cast:

Dilreba 迪丽热巴 as FengJiu 凤九

7a899e510fb30f2447950fdac495d143ac4b03df

Gao WeiGuang 高伟光 as DongHwa 东华

4610b912c8fcc3ce2bdf2aea9e45d688d53f20c8

ChenYan (Baron Chen)折颜  as Chen ChuHe 陈楚河

77c6a7efce1b9d1651c279b8ffdeb48f8d5464e6

Guo PingChao (Dylan Guo) 郭品超  as Su MoYe 苏陌叶

9c16fdfaaf51f3de1bb25abd98eef01f3b2979e3

Liu YunXin 刘雨欣  as JiHeng 姬蘅

dc54564e9258d10970534a6bdd58ccbf6d814db3

Liu RuiLin 刘芮麟  as Yan ChiWu 燕池悟

5fdf8db1cb134954b43f0abd5a4e9258d0094ac2

Wang Xiao 王骁  as Si Ming 司命

94cad1c8a786c917a721b0e0c53d70cf3ac757cd

Li DongHeng 李东恒 as Lian Song 连宋

photo 6f061d950a7b020844ccdd386ed9f2d3562cc8e6_zpspe3pib3q.jpg

Yuan YuXuan 袁雨萱 as 成玉 Cheng Yu

a6efce1b9d16fdfa03352437b88f8c5495ee7b8a

Huang JunJie 黄俊捷 as 白真 Bai Zhen

photo 0824ab18972bd407cb5a312477899e510eb3094e_zpstezjlgzm.jpg

Synopsis:

In Mandarin (Credit: Baidu):

Spoiler

青丘国少女凤九在山间修行时被一头妖兽攻击,危急时刻被路过的天国帝君东华所救,从此铭记在心。为报恩凤九执意跟随东华与作乱世间的妖君渺落战斗。在相处中她发现自己的报恩之情已转化为爱慕之意。但东华在千百年与邪恶的斗争中,已经忘却了“情爱”二字。为保护凤九安全,东华将她送到人间,却不幸令朋友为保护她而死。凤九为找到传说中能起死复生的仙果,进入翼族公主阿兰若的幻梦之境,重历阿兰若的坎坷一生。东华历经艰辛救出凤九,发现自己已爱上了她。此时东华重伤发作,自觉命不久矣,只能将对凤九的爱埋在心底。本已心灰意冷的凤九经过侍者的点拨,感悟到东华对自己深沉的感情,于是毅然奔赴战场。正值危亡之际,白浅和夜华出现助其一臂之力。最终正义战胜邪恶,光明战胜黑暗,东华与凤九得以有情人终成眷属

Preview:

Airing Schedule:

Rz7G3uzvyTxkOGd-yaUBjBYz4lz4za_z5B019zKt

Finally The Pillow Book has its own thread :D  Thank you @angelangie

I'm so glad Dilireba and Vengo Gao are going to reprise their roles. I didn't expect we'll have the same actors since it is said that another actress bought the rights of this book. Whoever decided to cast Dili and Vengo, he/she had my most sincere thank you :D

BTW, anyone knows why it is called the pillow book? 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

hahaha i think all of us are......the hype is already even when they have yet to start filming lols

yeah I am going to read the book and watch their parts as a prep. I am also pretty glad that it is only 25 episodes, that means that they won't add unnecessary storylines and just give fans what they want. 

• Like 2

Thanks @angelangie for opening this thread

I'm still so excited about the news cause I thought other actors will play the roles, as we all thought actually whoever did this I'm really thankful :blush: I heard the project is under Jaywalk studio so maybe they bought back the rights!!! But it's a Web drama so they say the quality won't be like ten miles of peach blossom, as far as they do a decent job with the book I don't mind

And as far as I know this will be Vengo's first leading role, I hope he delivers as expected and let this be his chance to break through

Oh and the filming won't start until the second half of this year, too long for me

I think the title came from the fact the a big part of the story is inside a dream ( I didn't like that it was too long but the ending of the dream got me both shocked and sad) hope the script writer will shorten that part, since it's only 25 eps (hopefully) maybe we won't have any unnecessary plots AND a big wish that there will be more to the closure of the book, you know :expressionless:

• Like 3

OMG I hope it'll pass through with SARFT. SARFT scares me with their pick and choose on drama changes and things like that. I remember Ballad of the Dessert drama was going through a SARFT ordeal the last time. 

So finger cross all will go through with them and we can get this drama on board. So excited to go back to the 3L3W world :)

• Like 1

He should be if they follow the novel. It won't be as funny as it is if they don't include him in the drama. 

I just heard a different production company just announced it will make the pillow book movie version. What is it with 3L3W that make production companies want to make a drama version and movie version at the same time? First with TMPB and now this? 

• Like 1

Relating to the title Pillow Book, these sentences are on the preface of the novel.

天命无缘,却结一段奇姻,

枕上无书,竟成一本情谱。

Loosely translated, it said "Not written in destiny, yet this strange relationship is born", "There's no book on the pillow, yet a love script exists."

Can't find much on why the novel is called 枕上书 or Pillow Book but i came across a ref in this old japanese book. It's a collection of personal writings and daily observations...meant only for the writer's eyes. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pillow_Book

In a way, it is like a diary. So perhaps the "pillow book" here means the 2 chars didn't "write" diary where they would fall in love with each other (they didn't expect it)....but still, a script about their love came into existence.

Lastly in the novel, there's a part on world of dream....perhaps related to pillow, sleep etc.

I wonder if the actor as Si Ming, the follower of Dong Hua will be the same one or not. His acting is quite good.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

16 hours ago, pawla said:

Thanks for the explanation @Cedric Ong.

I wish they keep the same actors from TMPB. I like Si Ming and the third Prince. It would feel different if they were played by someone else. 

Agree 3rd prince was very funny in 3w3lpeach, he will be even more funny hanging out with little dough and DH, so  I Would prefer to see the same actor, same about Si meng

• Like 3