[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cound not watch LIVE today but I could not wait to watch with subtitles either.

My first reaction after watching the last episode without understanding the dialog.  I like the ending. I don`t really care that Kim Yeo Ok died (took her own life) rather than going to jail. She was the person who never regreted her sins. Not even after her son died. Her first reaction was to blame Jenny and not acknowledged her own guilt. The police came to arrest her but who know if the prosecutors have enough evidence to condemn her for all the deeds she has done. It is good that she is dead and she could not have the chance to get out of prison after a few years. She could root in hell, I don`t really care what happened with her. It is good that she was defeated.

Now, I really like that the writer gave me what I wanted. That`s more important.  She sacrificed Jung Hyuk (I kind of felt early that he was the tragic character of this drama) but she gave both Jenny and Sun woo a chance to a new life after spendind so many years without  living their life. It wound have been so wrong for the writer to not give them and the audience a closure.

I also like that the writer addressed the death of Jung Hyuk`s lover. I always felt that it was a natural developmnet when we found out that he commited suicide. Now, we know that it was not the case. It also contributed to Jung Hyuk`s decission. It was a logic connection to the plot.

I also like that Jenny and Hyun Ji continued the relationship they started in the beginning of the show. I like that Hyun ji was the one who came to see her when she was released from jail. We knew that Hyun Ji`s mother was alive and I am glad that Hyun Ji and her mother reunited. Even The Ganster Jo and Kim Mi Jin had a happy ending.:D

Jenny and Sun Woo smiling, being together, being the "home" for each other, that was a good ending for me.  It warmed my heart to know that after witnessing their gloom journey for so many episodes, I can see them happy. It was a satisfying ending for me.

It was not a perfect drama but I enjoyed wathing it and I don`t regret watching all 16 episodes.

I think a similar drama (that gives me the same vibe as Secret Boutique) is the upcoming Woman of 9.9 Billion. We`ll see.

5de0593abf87d745875653.gif?download

seriously ep 16 leave me scratching my head like crazy :joy: 

Writer can I know 

1- if my ship  Sink  or sail ( gangster)  <_<

2- what we call Jenny & Sun woo relationships  ;) 

3- what Mr hwang service  that deserves special thanks & goodbyes from the monster mom  :mrgreen:

@triplem , @ktcjdrama @lu09 @imgreatgal Did you understand Sun woo & Jenny relationship at end :sweatingbullets:

Thank you, Iarus, for starting this thread. 
Am a great fan of Kim Suna and would pop

In here to read all the interesting news, comments, rantings, praises, recaps, reviews, etc etc about this drama.

Must admit that this drama is not well edited, not well written and not quite well directed. Some episodes are so draggy with lengthy 

conversations but the cast is amazing,  especially my goddess, Suna and the  handsome cute leggy Kim JaeYoung.

Well done, Suna!

Just watched the ending... happy with the ending.. yay!

As summarised by @larus, it wasnt a perfect drama but the ending was satisfying...

1. Expected that Chairwoman Kim would kill herself

2. Unexpected for YeNam to surrender

3. Happy that the writer didnt push for SW and JH's relationship, as SW had been pinning for JJ for decades, cant just wipe it out easily despite HJ's presence... hehe. He kept saying, even to HJ, to the end that he wants to be with JJ in/at their own *home* together... the message is loud and clear, he is not weavering in his 3 decades old (maybe 2 decades) crush on JJ.

4. Thank God for being alive SW! And being steadfast and not weaver even after 2 years, even after JJ gave you the opportunity to leave and you still stayed and hoped for the best with JJ.

5. JJ leaving Deo Group despite her decades aim of heading the group and home. To find happiness lost. Happy that at least her mother's and brother's deaths have been avenged.

6. Sad for JH's death... he didnt have to die, it wasnt necessary. Sigh...

Overall satisfied, inspite of the draggy episodes, haha. I thought the last 2 episodes were fast paced and very good.

Although JJ never did give SW's a direct answer, knowing that SW loves her (im sure she is not that dense, though i did wish rhat she ecplain why she couldnt let herself to like SW earlier on)  but at least she is willing to go with SW where ever he wants to go and we just take it that JJ will eventually let SW into her heart.

SW waited that long to get the chance and we should have the same patient as SW, that leggy handsome man... haha...

Just finished watching the final episode. I don't think I want to touch on anything more since @larus has already summed up my thoughts into words perfectly. Only that i have problems accepting YeeNam turning a new leaf overnight, like it was easy to forgive when you lost everything. Anyway it was a satisfactory ending.

@Ameera Ali my understanding from Jenny's conversation with SunWoo, she tells him to live his own life now, do the things that he always wanted to do, meet a nice girl and fall in love. I can only assume that their love is only platonic. 

Except for some bumps along the way, it has been a great ride here. Thanks to everyone on this thread love reading your thoughts and not forgetting the added cheer cuz it would have been bland without it:D

@Ameera Ali I think gangster’s love line has hope :lol:

But there really wasn’t any other romances that took off . HJ & SW smiled at each other . So I guess she’s forgiven him . Lol ...all the build up for nothing .  SW & Jenny for me remain family , he’ll always be her pillar of support. But at least there’s a happy life for them & Jenny got what she wanted. . So ta da! That’s how  I see it . 

this drama really lost its plot on me due to all the cancellations & weakness in the pacing . The revenge plan became rather unclear after a while & as a viewer I got rather tired :lol:. Anyhow I’m just happy the characters I came to care for  remained alive. My regret is still JH’s suicide though it’s wasn’t hard to see why he would end up that way . And Ye Nam got off too easily 

Goodbyes from my favourites 

Drama hit it’s highest ratings for its finale 

Spoiler

3 hours ago, triplem said:

@Ameera Ali I think gangster’s love line has hope :lol:

But there really wasn’t any other romances that took off . HJ & SW smiled at each other . So I guess she’s forgiven him . Lol ...all the build up for nothing .  SW & Jenny for me remain family , he’ll always be her pillar of support. But at least there’s a happy life for them & Jenny got what she wanted. . So ta da! That’s how  I see it . 

this drama really lost its plot on me due to all the cancellations & weakness in the pacing . The revenge plan became rather unclear after a while & as a viewer I got rather tired :lol:. Anyhow I’m just happy the characters I came to care for  remained alive. My regret is still JH’s suicide though it’s wasn’t hard to see why he would end up that way . And Ye Nam got off too easily 

Goodbyes from my favourites 

Drama hit it’s highest ratings for its finale 
  Reveal hidden contents

so true...they tease us for the possible love line between SW & HJ but it didnt come true... so bad of them.

Honestly I dont get the fascination of suicide...y was it so easy to decide to end 1 life??? why was it the writer 1st choice to end a character. JH character could be a hero if the writer choose to kill him while trying to save JJ. That would definitely devastated his mother more since she ordered the kill.   Just in 1 drama there are 3 suicide death. I would have thought they would choose a different route considering the current situation with idols/stars facing depression and considering suicide as an option  (just my personal point of view....)

I was at least satisfied that KYO got unexpectedly exposed in front of the media and a room full of spectators. The humiliation that she faced was satisfying enough for me because I kind of suspected that someone like her would be a coward and take the easy way out.

BTS

Spoiler

3 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I was at least satisfied that KYO got unexpectedly exposed in front of the media and a room full of spectators. The humiliation that she faced was satisfying enough for me because I kind of suspected that someone like her would be a coward and take the easy way out.

That helped a lot. I wanted to see a public humiliation more than seing her being in jail. I am glad that everyone find out that she was an imposter.  I am alright that he killed herself (knowing how narcisistic she was I was not surprised how she ended. I kind of suspected all along that `s how she will end). I already said that I think she had a good life in comparation with Jenny and she had the loyal Wang on her side till the end.

Another little satisfaction was to see her lose her mind a little, when her guilt made her see ghosts of people who she had wronged the most.

I am happy that Jenny and Sun Woo had a happy ending.

I admit the many breaks sort of ruin my momentum so I kind of stopped watchin' at ep. 12-13 I guess LoL!? I watched the finale & sad Jung Hyuk didn't make it... what a bummer... he was such a sweet soul...

Was surprised Ye Eun became Jenny's ally, Ye Nam's 180 as well. It was like everyone became a saint at the finale!:P Well except for the chairwoman of course.<_< Still prideful, shameless, greedy as ever.:rolleyes:

And shocked Hyun Ji's mom was alive?!:blink: This drama is a mess but in a good campy way ha-ha.:lol: Love that runway catwalk both Jenny/Do Young & Sun Woo did at the end scene.:kiss_wink: Just wished they included Hyun Ji too~ I agree with Ye Nam, even in a prison jumpsuit, Do Young made it look like couture. :w00t:

Take care everyone! Happy holidays, be well. Xo.

@monalisa

I think the chairwoman was just using her children as an excuse to climb up the social ladder to be very honest. <_<

She claims she did it all for them when really she wanted it all for herself. :P I still don't get why she stole Do Young's Mom's ring in the first place LoL? It was so... ugly. :lol: So disappointed she took the cowardly way out tsk.:rolleyes:

I have to admit that I'm a big Kim SunAh fan, but I'm afraid "Secret Boutique" gets a "meh" from me.  The story line was confusing, but the scheduling interruptions certainly didn't help.  If you haven't watched yet, just marathon through it, because it will probably make more sense.  The clomping around the mansion in high heels (where the sound didn't always match the footsteps!), the pink lipstick on men, and the whispering evil Mom seemed irritating, though was probably part of the drama mystique.  Anyway, the ending was OK, and I think most people were fine with it.  As a whole, this drama was heavy, dark, and deep,  but the cat was really cute.

Archived