[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m watching it live . I missed the 1st 5mins but from what I’m guessing , JH’s words to his mum must have caused KYO to release Jenny. I started watching when Jenny dripping wet had a Long exchange with the awful KYO . A very emotional one of course . Then Jenny went home back to her own apartment . JH called SW to tell him to check on Jenny but Jenny wanted to be left alone . 

next morning Jenny was back to her normal self . Not sure what it is, but SW came to see her . He wanted her to stop whatever plans she had In mind . But she won’t. Drove off , leaving SW in tears 

Then next scene , HJ. ( I think see SW watching her ) . But anyway the guy who works for the mayor the one who took photo on the boat came  to look for HJ . Showed her the photo of YN cop lover dragging away the prostitute. 

( ok I’ll recap more after the eps - hang on) 

Today's episode is really confusing - there were tonnes of conversation which my Korean is too elementary for.

But from what I gather 

1. So JH pretty much threaten to end his life , if Jenny was not set free. ( based on the clips I saw on SBS)

2. When Jenny had that long conversation ( after the drowning) with KYO , Jenny  apparently threatened KYO with some recording or transcripts  that Jenny had. ( not sure what recording this is.) I am guessing Jenny have dirt of KYO stored up over the years.

3. There was this scene where KYO met with her two older kids in some abandoned old shop ( I am guessing that was where they were originally from - I think she somewhat told them everything . And that she is adamant she won't let go of what they have.  It did not go down well with JH of course.

4. If I am not mistaken , JH wants to give his shares to Jenny or help her or something because he and Ye Nam had a private conversation where YN was so upset that JH would choose to protect Jenny over his own family. But I don't know if Jenny is aware. I think he still wants Jenny to think of him as the enemy ( in his quest to help her) 

5. Meanwhile KYO isn't sitting still of course - Butler Hwang goes to Jenny's boutique and takes all the files etc and even got to her personal safe and took all her important documents. Jenny was really pissed off , SW came round , but it does not seem that he agreed to her continuing whatever plan she had in mind.

6. SW goes see HJ ( as mentioned HJ now has the picture of YN cop lover getting rid of the prostitute's body ) . He apologised to her about Mum, but I don't think that HJ can forgive him since I don't think he told her the truth. She was mad but actually just really hurt. Both in tears after that.

7. Gangster ahjussi is helping HJ out. Helped her to find more information about the prostitute who died . Also HJ 's friend finds out mum is "dead" when gangster ahjussi accidentally spills the beans.

8. So HJ gets a message from the junkie  doctor who died ( remember in the early eps there was this doc who had info about the mum's incident) . I think it was some message that gangster ahjussi managed to recover. Anyhow , the message tell HJ that inside a locker somewhere  he had a thumb drive of the incident. But SW surprisingly gets it too. I think SW had bugged HJ's phone. He gets to the locker just before she does but she saw him go off.

8. So this is the part I don't understand - YN went to see the Jogwang guy and I think she wants his help. Jenny has an inside guy who bugged YN's bag , so Jenny was able to hear what happened. Then Jenny also has this guy keeping tabs on JH. Now Jenny has these important documents before her.  JH comes and sees her , and it seems they may have made peace with each other as he asked her if she wanted to go eat or something. She said no and JH leaves. The inside guy is keeping tab on JH's movements and reports to Jenny. SW saw the guy downstairs the boutique and confronts the guy as he was talking to Jenny. Jenny has kept her plans from SW , and when SW realised it was Jenny and that they are tracking JH, he punched the  guy and drove the guy's car super fast  to find JH. He knows that JH is going to be in danger. 

9.  Jenny goes to KYO with those documents and threatens her to handover some stuff...and I think this is the crazy part...she is using JH's life as barter....because next scene some body stopped JH car , made him unconscious and started to push his car off the cliff...( I am confused!!! ) SW was driving super fast but got stopped by HJ and gangster ahjussi's people as she wanted the thumb drive.

- end of eps-

Oh my ...I cannot believe Jenny will use JH ...I just hope she is bluffing. But SW was very against whatever she was planning and the way he drove to go get JH shows he was worried for JH's safety. Anyway this IG account seems to say the same.

Preview - I don’t see JH anywhere . I think SW will pass the thumbdrive to HJ to find her mum. 
KSA posted a BTS of the drowning scene 

Spoiler

Yay so Jenny is alive! Feel like now that she finally knows that KYO knows her birth secret, her vendetta if vengeance will happen faster. Do we know yet why international project is so important as part of her revenge?i remember her and HJ talking about living in past vs future, so not sure if this ambitious goal is follow that philosophy. If so, is that it ?! I’m not really sure what else Jenny has concocted since she’s against murdering people like KYO has. And she won’t harm her children except for maybe robbing them all so that KYO ends up broke.

HJ needs to get out of the way. She already lost her intelligence by teaming up with people who tried to kill her. 

Now she’s being a major headache, roadblock for Sunwoo and Jenny, the scene of her blockading Sunwoo with her minions :crazy:. I want to feed her brain cells because apparently her IQ is depleting faster than one can count to ten lol 

I still pity Hj because of her mom but my sympathy for her is at a super low level because her lack of critical thinking skills hurts other people and slow down the good plans of people who done her good deeds even if she’s mostly unaware of it. 

I watched the episode 14 raw. Sadness upon sadness :tears: 

JJ might drop this revenge business that she has been so consumed with and let the evil woman get her karama. The reason I think this might take place is because of what she said when she spoke with HJ to drop the revenge business because it will all consume you just like what happened to her. 

I will wait and see. 

lollol Jenny is really pissed and she out for blood!! even SunWoo can't stop her.

10 hours ago, triplem said:

If I am not mistaken , JH wants to give his shares to Jenny or help her or something because he and Ye Nam had a private conversation where YN was so upset that JH would choose to protect Jenny over his own family. But I don't know if Jenny is aware. I think he still wants Jenny to think of him as the enemy ( in his quest to help her) 

Its a foreign investment company created with KYO's slush funds and JH is transferring it to Jenny. 

You are right that JH wants Jenny to think of him as the enemy, Ms Wang stops short of telling her the truth because of her promise to JH. 

So HJ gets a message from the junkie  doctor who died ( remember in the early eps there was this doc who had info about the mum's incident) . I think it was some message that gangster ahjussi managed to recover. Anyhow , the message tell HJ that inside a locker somewhere  he had a thumb drive of the incident. But SW surprisingly gets it too. I think SW had bugged HJ's phone. He gets to the locker just before she does but she saw him go off.

I'm confused where that message came from. Isn't the doctor already dead. Sunwoo gets the same message and managed to retrieve the usb before HJ. If HJ wants to get into this  fight with Jenny she should have been careful with her phone, I find that strange.

Jenny goes to KYO with those documents and threatens her to handover some stuff...and I think this is the crazy part...she is using JH's life as barter....because next scene some body stopped JH car , made him unconscious and started to push his car off the cliff...( I am confused!!! )

When Jenny was having that guy keep tabs on JH my first thought was that Jenny was up to something bad that she didn't want SunWoo to know. The documents are JH's Will that was forged by Jogwang at YN's behest. YN wants to take over Deo and leave her mom out and she must have ordered the hit on JH. 

6 hours ago, elan1 said:

I still pity Hj because of her mom but my sympathy for her is at a super low level because her lack of critical thinking skills hurts other people and slow down the good plans of people who done her good deeds even if she’s mostly unaware of it. 

At this juncture i see the parallels between Jenny and HJ.  Both are set on getting revenge because of the wrongs that have been done to them. Jenny was almost killed in that flooded basement and HJ saw her mom die twice. They have lost their sense of conscience and i think critical thinking skills are useless at this point.

1 hour ago, realistic2280a said:

I would think tonight's episode is the last... but it has 2 more episodes!

Sigh, JH is gonna die right? Sad... 

Sun Woo shouldnt die, common....

All the bmw's in this drama... hmmm

Next week finale on Wednesday.

BTS

@imgreatgal I watched it with Chinese subs and the message from the doctor was sent via delayed message. Some sms apps have the feature to preset a delayed date and time for a pre-written message to be sent. He wrote in the message that he had hoped she wouldn't receive it and that he would tell her the message in person...

However, that's only possible if the number is still in use, which feels kind of far fetched, since no one is likely to continue paying subscription, unless it's a prepaid card... Hmm...

21 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

When Jenny was having that guy keep tabs on JH my first thought was that Jenny was up to something bad that she didn't want SunWoo to know. The documents are JH's Will that was forged by Jogwang at YN's behest. YN wants to take over Deo and leave her mom out and she must have ordered the hit on JH. 

Yes , you're right. Just got round to watching with subs. It was YN ,with the help of the Jogwang, who faked those wills ( where JH will supposedly pass nothing to Jenny) and will have some hitman kill JH. However Jenny knowing this , decides to take a gamble and let it happen because she knows that using JH is the only way for KYO to step down. Jenny knows that at the end of the day, it is Jang Hyuk that is most precious to his mum. And I can see here why Sun Woo would not be able to support Jenny because it was JH's life at stake. 

I too see the parallels between Jenny and Hyun Ji. Revenge can blind one's judgement and perception. In Jenny's case this has been decades in planning , she has come too far and lost too much to give up. Is it the right thing to continue? Probably not because it has come to the point where she is willing to sacrifice the one person she loved and who in his own way loved her too. But then again, I can't stand the idea of seeing KYO win either.  So how?   I suppose this is a revenge melodrama; and from watching enough of such dramas, I know that it will always come at a great cost. Sadly, I believe Jenny will lose more than she gains. In HJ's case,  she is like I have always said an unfortunate victim in a fight that was not hers to begin with. I can see why she would be angry and want revenge - I think I would want whoever who caused my mum to die to pay for it. But in HJ's case , this can be simply resolved with Sun Woo telling her the truth about what really happened to her mum. The onus is really on SW now to set things straight. 

I realised after watching with subs that the person I want to protect most is Jang Hyuk. When he told Jenny “I am sorry I am my mother's son”, I teared up. JH's life has not been any better than all those suffering here. And I really do no want to see him die for this. 

---------------------

@Ameera Ali Oppa - his legs were made for fighting not driving :joy:. Gangster ahjussi is really growing on me ...best character development :D

------------------------

Folks. I have a feeling no episode tonight as SBS was showing the live telecast of the 40th Blue Dragon Film Awards...urghhh...I feel like this drama has lost momentum because of all these cancellations...

@Ameera Ali Oppa - his legs were made for fighting not driving :joy:. Gangster ahjussi is really growing on me ...best character development :D

------------------------

Folks. I have a feeling no episode tonight as SBS was showing the live telecast of the 40th Blue Dragon Film Awards...urghhh...I feel like this drama has lost momentum because of all these cancellations...

I see happy ending for HJ friend & gangster  @triplem:joy:His kind heart warm my heart , but the property  make him appealing too  :mrgreen: 

5dd6a5f6df9f1736808579.gif?download

** please no more cancellation, I need to know did they save him or not 

8 hours ago, triplem said:

Too bad I was waiting to see if they saved JH. We've seen cancellation after cancellation because of all those baseball and now this.  I feel like my relationship with this drama is about to fizzle off. :tears:

ps. Thanks @Ameera Ali for bringing cheer to this thread.

Archived