Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

After watching the sub for episode 10, I must applause Hong Sisters for their new perspective of writing the plot.

I don't know is it just me or..... I just realize that the way Hong Sisters write the storyline and connect each story is to teach MW, for MW to learn the lesson from a viewers point of view. All this while, it was us, the viewers who keep "deciphering" the lesson and meaning behind each event that should have been noted by MW to learn to let go, more importantly to assess what did she failed to figure out all these years. MW should be watching this series out of the screen as viewers to take note of the lesson properly (well, she can teleport into the room in the phone, why not getting out from the screen and join us as spectator):joy:

Okay, on a serious note, MW by now should realize that the people from her past may have been reincarnated with the same face, but internally they are not the same person anymore (as stated by one of our chingu here in previous page). The only person who stays the same and didn't want to budge is herself. For more than 1000 years of punishment, she stays vicious, selfish, hot-tempered and keeps her grudge and resentment alive, causing her once kind, blossoming, full of life heart drying and dying just as the state of the Moon tree before it turned leafy, while the others have gone through multiple reincarnations. 

Episode 9 and 10 show the twists and turns of fate played out in this lifetime with a bit interference from the Pink Mago. In episode 9 they showed how would it looks like when MW vanish if she keeps being stubborn, not letting anyone open the door to her heart.

But, fate may be different and found other way once she let herself go and renew her inner self, just like YW and Mira who going through a turn of fate weave into their lives this lifetime.  

With the Moon Tree fully blooms with the flowers, there are already a lot of changes happening inside MW, and CS already took a lot more space than just one leaf inside her.  I hope the space that CS taking place in her would be enough to prevent her from going berserk  and doing things that she shouldn't be done if CM's human reincarnation ever show up in later episodes. 

Would she be able to ignore CS's life in danger for the sake of making sure she can exact her revenge? 

The fact that the "erase medicine" is still in her hands bother me.

Maybe around episode 15 she would make CS eat that medicine. 

It's almost 4am here. Ugh, I can't comprehend what did I ramble about. LOL! :lol::crazy:

Just a comment passing by chingu-deul.

See you guys next week!

p/s: let's pray hard for the whole week for passionate, fiery, deep KISSSSSS next weekend! :innocent:

(or sleeping-together scene where they stare at each other deeply... gah! Just please give it to us already! :phew:)

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously how come that all guys in the hotel are so dense   I mean the girl hints    and hints    and HINTS    and hints some more  I mean EVERY

Ohmygod they're going official!   And oh no! Im Si Wan sent YJG a food truck and YJG replied, asking should he book room 404 for him...  

@lightbringer06 , @RiceGirl1212 @vangsweetie637 , @juju84 , @berny2 , @angelbeast90 , @Ellander88 , @Joseph Lim , @Angelica Claudia @annamchoi , @wenlhy , @Harry97 , @kaxx , @stella77 @gilaswan , @daz

wow. that was another great episode.

that final scene. it just reminded me of my first love. first loves are so high and so sweet... but the heartbreaks also feel like the end of the world. then the final great love comes along, and you just know the difference. how do I explain it? Man Weol knows Chan Seung has a good heart, she trusts that he would stay by her side. it is more than just the teenage raging hormones of her past love. this one is of trust and an expectation of being able to rely on someone, to know that you will be caught when you fall. it is beautiful, just like the flowers blooming

why does it have to wilt though? I wonder how the show will translate the wilting...

1 hour ago, Ellander88 said:

p/s: let's pray hard for the whole week for passionate, fiery, deep KISSSSSS next weekend! :innocent:

(or sleeping-together scene where they stare at each other deeply... gah! Just please give it to us already! :phew:)

I prefer the staring at each other deeply, cherishing all the seconds together all night long. The circumstances between them are so gloomy, erotic kisses just doesn't fit the mood, hehe, but of course I'd love to see them do it, if it could be incorporated well

6 hours ago, kaxx said:

Just an observation (not sure if anyone thought of this) - the Well Deity's situation - that part about "even if the makgeolli changes its water source, no one will really know the difference as long as the branding is the same."

Like reincarnation - the exterior doesn't change (in this drama at least, till now they return with the same faces) but internally they are no longer the same people.

wow, good catch.

this show is so full of meta <3 <3 <3 I guess this is a mark of good writing and directing, whether intentional or not, you get your audience's imagination moving that they see a ton of insights in your mundane scenes, and various interpretations in the overt symbolisms. 

6 hours ago, lollyminx said:

Also agree with you about CS's mom. Everything was soooo... abrupt? Or rushed. We didn't even see him before longing for his mom, or feeling sad because he grew up without a mom, and then she just appeared. At the library, out of the blue. Although I understand that the lack of depth may just be because he didn't really know her.

Yes. they did not know each other well, so their meeting does not carry so much emotional weight.

I guess this plays into the theme of the episode, about being nobody in the other person's life. Man Wol and Yeon Woo might have been best buds, but it was a thousand years ago, they are nothing to each other now. Chan Sung and his mom supposedly share an important relationship in this lifetime, but in their own personal hearts, they are just mother and son in name, no more than that. (Yeon Woo and Mi Ra are not soulmates, enemies in one of their past lives, probably nobodies to each other in their subsequent lives, but could actually be special to each other in this lifetime, and maybe back to being enemies in the next... the cycle of of life and reincarnation holds nothing constant).

It is curious though that Man Weol still cannot learn this lesson staring her in the face in terms of Captain, like she knows and recognizes this fact, but she actively chooses to still be vengeful, and she knows she shouldn't be, that is why I think she begs Chan Seung to stay with her even if she becomes evil, she is actually telling him to stop her, to save her... and the best thing is that he is willing, he promises to protect her at any cost <3

3 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

I think the limo was MW pulling strings for CS's benefit... did not see a white lily 

I got that feeling too. which is unfair! but the greedy human in me feels happy thinking that heaven favors CS enough to bend over the rules to give peace in his heart for his mom

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Linwe said:

Noooo!! I need his smirkaliciousness! :tears: What if he's hiding a not-dead YW somewhere like he originally promised MW once before?! Squishy can't be evil! Besides, I want to see two badasses go at it! Gah, next week show... next week you better have some answers...

I wonder will CM reincarnation appear, isn't the firefly CS see is him? I also believe he is not evil, hopefully there is another plot twist that even MW didn't know. Why they stop telling the past story in the halfway such a cliffhanger

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, wenlhy said:

I wonder will CM reincarnation appear, isn't the firefly CS see is him? I also believe he is not evil, hopefully there is another plot twist that even MW didn't know. Why they stop telling the past story in the halfway such a cliffhanger

I'm with you regarding CM being the firefly. I don't think he moved on just like MW. Let's not forget the tree is originally made from MW sword that she eventually killed with CM. I originally thought that the tree was YW but unfortunately, it's not him. That leaves us with CM only. I hope there is a twist as well regarding CM betrayal. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@lu09 , @vangsweetie637 & @sadthe1st

From star to enemy in a second :mrgreen:

Hide contents

ROFL:joy::mrgreen:. It was even funnier that she believed he would recommend anyone when she already stated he is always stuck in the bar lol:mrgreen:. She instantly regretted not sending him to the afterlife :joy:.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
48 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure if there is already a preview translation posted, but here is another one for the preview for ep 11.

I'm not sure I entirely agree. MW clearly remembered him since her personal time has been frozen for a thousand years, even though she chooses to walk away with him rather than try to re-engage. However, YW stares at MW as if seeing her, there was a spark of recognition in him about her. So, while YW has lived his life without MW in this lifetime, it seems as if their paths are going to cross.

So, perhaps the lesson is more that fates will enable souls to cross each other in multiple lifetimes, even if one doesn't always recognize each other or are as close as they were in other lifetimes? I think the Hong Sisters really like to play with the concepts of fate and meeting according to fate.

However, with each reincarnation, each soul seems to choose their actions in that lifetime, so that they don't necessarily make the same choices. One has free will in each lifetime, rather than be stuck in the same role over and over.

Like how MR says that she feels that she has to back off CS once she sees that the other woman is MW, saying that she feels that MW is not someone that MR should act like that towards. Somewhere in her soul is an echo of the harm that MR has done MW in the past and that she doesn't want to repeat.

As for MR and YW getting together in this lifetime, even though she was responsible for his death in a previous lifetime. It could happen, and MR could be extra sweet to YW in this lifetime perhaps as atonement for the previous lifetime. Just speculating, since it's really up to the writers to determine where the story goes and what messages if any to put in the story. :)

Good post. My read is the same as yours re MR and YW.

I still think part of Yeon Woo's spirit is tied to Man Wol. A blogger at bitchesoverdramas said Yeon Woo's spirit not Captain's is the firefly, and it's a possibility. 

When Yeon Woo sees MW, he stops in his tracks.  It's not attraction, it's recognition.  Probably a very strong deja vu feeling with emotions attached.

Ma Go tells him he is doomed to bachelorhood, lovelessness, loneliness unless he takes that heart pen.  What if it's been the same in each of his reincarnated lives because part of his heart or spirit has remained with MW.

Also, to digress because of the book "Existence and Time": is it possible that the three ghost employees continued to exist in the real world but part of their essence became the ghosts at the Hotel?

Perhaps because of a contract?  People are always making contracts with Death or the devil.  Man Wol as a death entity made a contract with CS's dad.

This is all in my head, but perhaps our bellhop, with that killing blow in his chest, returned home to die, but his sister loved him so much she signed away her eyes and part of his soul to keep him alive.  That's why there's a real guy, who is his physically older self, but also a ghost - always physically young because time stopped - contractually obliged to serve the Hotel until his sister dies?

And something like this happened with Yeon Woo, who gets reincarnated but part of his spirit or soul is contractually obliged through promise or love to remain with Man Wol?

And maybe with the other employees too.  Contracts?

Every time the bellboy remembers his past, the song My Grandfather's Clock plays.  This is a song about existence and time stopping simultaneously (mirrored in the book title), and we've also got MW and her tree, for whom they more or less stopped too.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 7

im going to park my butt nicely on my sofa and watch ep9&10 after getting a nice cuppa :grimace: i love how IU is so consistent with her expression and reaction when the cash register Ka-Ching $$$ ! :joy: the painting.. the sunflower field.. now the book which possibly has money!! LOL

wilted flowers comes with new budding fruits which also symbolises new life. i hope thats what the MaGo #1 has for MW.. :cookie: (no caviar.. just chocolate chip cookie)

• Like 9
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 2
28 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

im going to park my butt nicely on my sofa and watch ep9&10 after getting a nice cuppa :grimace: i love how IU is so consistent with her expression and reaction when the cash register Ka-Ching $$$ ! :joy: the painting.. the sunflower field.. now the book which possibly has money!! LOL

wilted flowers comes with new budding fruits which also symbolises new life. i hope thats what the MaGo #1 has for MW.. :cookie: (no caviar.. just chocolate chip cookie)

same here, what i can detect for her interest about money and to smell the chance to get money is amManwolzing:joy:

And i know Kim Sunbi is annoying Man but his short witted and a little cowardly intention is fits with quirks witcked JMW personality :P

Btw

These hilarious...

Spoiler

Stills  couldn't get it where's the firefly positions in MW memory the atonement? The one who's should killed again and against over Millions years?

The sworn enemies who's made MW life forever...

Can't waiting how the Writers tied up their love, betrayals and punishment in a class closure.

HDL hwaiting

• LOL 11

@Ameera Ali i love how proud our Bartender is every time MW snarls at him. He is always smiling and thinking he did a good thing by matchmaking CS! :joy:

4 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Had a thought! Maybe firefly remained as a spirit as penance?

He hasn't reincarnated for the last 1000 years as well. Until MW forgives him.

This is my thoughts exactly. Otherwise who can be that firefly shadow we saw in ep 9? From the outline of the shadow, it looked like it had long hair like the captain lol. Just a hunch. But i am thinking perhaps the only one who did not reincarnate is CM. He is a wandering ghost. MW’s vengefulness has not subsided. So maybe tt is why he has not shown up as a ghost or person yet.

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

who knows.. CM soul could have been the sword inside the tree.. always there with MW but unable to show himself until flowers wither.. that would be even greater pain for him as a punishment isn’t it.. she who would not forgive herself, is unable to see the man who needs her forgiveness.. they are bound by the promise at the lake.

editing to add an IG pic.. haha remember the bus dancing ghosts?? lol :lol: hahaha wished i could have been one of them too! no dialogue just pure mad dancing!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Another sweet thing about the hug is the fact that CS may have been the only one who hugged her since her 1000 years of being stuck at the hotel. As we have stated here, CS and MW need each other’s love and nurture :wub: CS whose mother didn’t want him and MW who has been alone for 1000 years. This hug was much more needed than a kiss (I believe we will have one when the time is right ;) )

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Hide contents

:joy::mrgreen: , @lu09 she should help him marry the rich girl , the two thing she race & run for is her favourite eater & money :joy:

Especially MONEY lol:mrgreen::joy:. CS now knows what to say to get her working Imao:sweat_smile:. Look at the speed she moved lol:mrgreen:

The problem with marrying him off is that she knows she won't get a single cent from him:sweat_smile:so that is not even an option lol:joy:

• LOL 11

Ooooh interesting theories friends. Since you've said that maybe CM hasn't been able to move on and stayed as a ghost who hasn't reincarnated, what if that's because he has unfinished business? All the other ghosts who go to HDL have unfinished business. So does CM. What if CM regrets not having loved MW enough and because he's greedy, he tied MW to the tree and her time can't flow not until she finds someone who will love and protect her in the way that CM wasn't able to? Only then will CM be able to move on and let MW go and have her time freely flow, but it is also up to MW to forgive him so the 4th Mago won't take her. She just simply needs to forgive. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나