[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

31 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I agree that MW left as a means to protect CS from the dangers and herself. But her action didn’t prevent CS from feeling abandoned. It can be said for the same thing in MW’s past: CM’s actions didn’t prevent her from feeling betrayed. 

I agree, Chansung felt abandoned and he did say so himself, though he did say at the end that he knew she was just trying to keep him safe. I disagree about Captain Smirkalot's case though; what he did was betrayal, regardless of whether he tried to spare Man Wol from being killed or not, and regardless of how he really felt for her. He tried to get her trust then used it against her to kill her squad; that's betrayal, and that's why she feels betrayed.

On another note, was Room 813 a nod to YJG's birthday (August 13)? Aww, baby Oppa is one year older soon. :D

@HM BhndThCrtn Yes, that's Ben. Her OST will be released today. They're rounding up all the OST greats, aren't they? They just need to get Elaine now. :)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

@Ondine ROTFL! Is Captain Smirkalot a new name for him? I laughed so hard when i read your nickname for him :joy: i agree. I can understand why MW feels betrayed. Even I don’t fully trust captain a lot. For me, even if he meant to save MW, he still had to sacrifice lives to possibly get to it (such as YW). Which is why i am thinking the firefly is actually Captain. I just cant figure if he chose to be that way or if it’s his karma. He may be a wandering ghost after all. 

Oo..is YJG’s birthday on 813?  Wow, that is in just a few days! 

Btw the ost that is used when MW disappears from CS with 4th Mago..has it been released yet? It’s the same one used when ghost 13 faded.

• Like 9

Though that was so easy for CS, i am just glad he is back at hotel del luna. He certainly got MW attention with that money he will get thru the painting :D

That 3-second mark that CS pointed out when MW paused over their phone conversation, is kinda sweet, he knows her too well :wub:

MW so funny asking the hotel owner if he also have a sunflower field somewhere :lol:

Water deity shown CS his greatest fear, so shall you prevent that from happening CS? indeed you must.

Ma Go 4 is getting on my nerves.

Yeon Woo is back as detective. For sure he doesnt remember the past, but i hope MW get to talk to him soon, and hopefully he will feel a certain affinity and bond to her.

This creepy, serial killer scumbag, and argghh he had to be acquainted with CS and their batchmates. He better not hurt CS or YW...or MW might just yield her sword again.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

I really liked this episode. I was so sad for Yeo Jin Gu when he went back to the empty hotel to look for IU and no one was there.

I love PO's acting in this drama. There's something really warm about his eyes and smile. I really ship him and Kim Yu-na. They are so cute together.

Jin Gu is really doing a good job in this drama. I loved the baby shark scene it was so adorable. Wishing the best for this drama I can't wait to watch the new ep tmw.:heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I recall reading somewhere that in some dramas, YW and the Captain would probably have struck an agreement to keep MW safe. I have a theory that YW gave up his life so that MW could live but all this was without MW's knowledge. And in the second half of the show, we will see a scene like that.... 

In any case, I can't wait for tonight when CS hugs MW...:w00t:

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, jen459 said:

Unlike in most dramas, I’m glad Mi Ra gave up on Chan Sung quickly knowing she had no chance against Man Wol. And she did it matter of factly. Usually the second lead will try to thwart or cause trouble to the leads until the end of the drama. Though Mi Ra is the reincarnation of the princess, their tenacity is actually quite different. 

She might be the nicest Hong Sister's ex-girlfriend. She even feels like a real person with her loan problems and medical practice behind the scenes.

In fact, all the side-characters in this drama are so real, I want to watch a spin off for each of them (maybe not for smirkalot - thanks @Ondinefor the fitting nickname)

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, aria26 said:

She might be the nicest Hong Sister's ex-girlfriend. She even feels like a real person with her loan problems and medical practice behind the scenes.

In fact, all the side-characters in this drama are so real, I want to watch a spin off for each of them (maybe not for smirkalot - thanks @Ondinefor the fitting nickname)

So true about the side characters! As for Mira, I didn't get the impression her emotions ran deep, for which I am truly thankful.  Just finished a Thai drama which wasn't bad, but the second lead female was so jealous and shrieking and over the top it was a wonder someone didn't take her outside and shoot her!I

• Like 4

1 hour ago, berny2 said:

That 3-second mark that CS pointed out when MW paused over their phone conversation, is kinda sweet, he knows her too well :wub:

Riiiiight?! I think so too. I was smiling from ear to ear because of this scene. To have someone as prideful as MW who won't admit that she needs CS, his ability to know how she really feels is really romantic. This is the reason why (aside from the firefly + ghost appearance) I think some of our friends here are right when they said CS is not the reincarnation of CM. Mago found the right fit or match in CS for MW because only CS will eventually make MW less prideful or arrogant when she finally becomes vulnerable because of CS's love. I think this is really a good narrative. 

Also, i agree with others here who found the water god appearance odd. I also did. While the water god's thought about abandoning first was crucial for CS to understand MW, the narrative came from nowhere. My standard for fantasy is Goblin (sorry because this is the only thing I watched, and sorry for comparing - this does not lessen my love for HDL) because they weaved a story there that made sense for me (although there are some plot holes, sure, and it's not a perfect show), but like you question the story less. It's tight. But here, I don't feel that it's as solid or tight. There's something missing, like in the case of the water god. The story was necessary for CS to understand MW and for him to realize his greatest fear, but there's still something lacking. Even with the development of their feelings for each other. I would have wanted more scenes where they're undeniable falling in love (For ex. the one in the preview for Episode 10, which we're only getting now when CS was watching MW looking at YW. He was kind of teary-eyed, and this scene shows how deeply he understands MW because he dreamt her past, and despite what happened then, he knows what's in MW's heart and wanted her to have closure). Instead, we only see short scenes of this.

With that said, I agree with the following too. I don't like it when OTPs give up on each other because of something petty or some issue that's so easy to overcome. I like that CS persisted here and that his hesitation is realistic, but that of course, because he loves her, he still chose to come back. His ability to set his pride aside matches with MW's inability to do so. MW is the woman who makes CS set aside his pride even as a Harvard, MBA grad, and CS is the only person who understands MW even if she doesn't say anything. CS gets her in just 3 seconds. 

3 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I like persistence in a couple’s relationship. I like seeing it from CS to MW.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Also, i agree with others here who found the water god appearance odd. I also did. While the water god's thought about abandoning first was crucial for CS to understand MW, the narrative came from nowhere. My standard for fantasy is Goblin (sorry because this is the only thing I watched, and sorry for comparing - this does not lessen my love for HDL) because they weaved a story there that made sense for me (although there are some plot holes, sure, and it's not a perfect show), but like you question the story less. It's tight. But here, I don't feel that it's as solid or tight. There's something missing, like in the case of the water god. The story was necessary for CS to understand MW and for him to realize his greatest fear, but there's still something lacking. Even with the development of their feelings for each other. I would have wanted more scenes where they're undeniable falling in love. Instead, we only see short scenes of this.

I liked his appearance because he just gives so much ground to make this world so much more "real/normal". There are gods, there are ghosts, there are imaginary characters taking real form, and there are also other spirits. I love how he casually referred to Man Wol as the "tree over there" (can't remember the actual subs, but it felt so casual like that), while he was the "well there" in that scene.

His story may not be so coherent to the main story, but I dont really mind. Maybe he has more parts to play in the future??? But as it is, I am really delighted seeing another entity there. If I could extend this series to 100 episodes, I'd put gumihos and other supernatural characters in this show too :)

And I think the main leads are undeniably in love. Personally, if I dream of someone constantly, and I interact/flirt with them in real life, I would be in love in a day. And if someone saw my detestable past and still unexpectedly stick to and care for me, after many years of not having anyone fully understand my full story, I would also fall in love with that person fast. So I actually felt the love between these two early on. Besides, they are very honest and vocal that they care about each other. It is just not in their personalities to be googly eyed. Man Wol is a cold person (past warrior) and Chan Sung is a level headed business major, they are both cool no PDA guys. haha. That is just my perception though.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, aria26 said:

I love how he casually referred to Man Wol as the "tree over there" (can't remember the actual subs, but it felt so casual like that), while he was the "well there" in that scene.

OH YEAAAH! I loved that part too. MW wasn't shocked at all to see him on the well too. And I love the part of the story where spirits like the water god can't enter places where they're not invited (like vampires). Those small details are enjoyable to watch. I like how NDR talked when he asked CS if he can enter the hotel. 

His story may not be so coherent to the main story, but I dont really mind.

Same, I also don't mind. I still enjoy it even if I find some odd scenes or narratives that need more work. 

And I think the main leads are undeniably in love. Personally, if I dream of someone constantly, and I interact/flirt with them in real life, I would be in love in a day. And if someone saw my detestable past and still unexpectedly stick to and care for me, after many years of not having anyone fully understand my full story, I would also fall in love with that person fast. So I actually felt the love between these two early on. Besides, they are very honest and vocal that they care about each other. It is just not in their personalities to be googly eyed. Man Wol is a cold person (past warrior) and Chan Sung is a level headed business major, they are both cool no PDA guys. haha. That is just my perception though.

If you put it this way, I agree. You put it really nicely. Looking at the entire picture, even without romantic moments, you can really tell they love each other. CS, especially, since he loves MW despite all her flaws. For MW, you can tell by the way she protects him every time. They really are in love. I don't know, maybe I'm just the type who wants more PDA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :wub: because then after seeing them freely love one another, kiss, hug, hold hands, or whatever, it will be more painful for me (which I like, masochist alert :D) when the painful twist comes (which we all know will eventually come, maybe CS's fear happening, etc.). I'd find it such a waste if they weren't able to spend time together as a couple before one of them dies or disappears or something. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I don't know, maybe I'm just the type who wants more PDA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :wub: because then after seeing them freely love one another, kiss, hug, hold hands, or whatever, it will be more painful for me (which I like, masochist alert :D) when the painful twist comes (which we all know will eventually come, maybe CS's fear happening, etc.). I'd find it such a waste if they weren't able to spend time together as a couple before one of them dies or disappears or something. 

I want it too haha.

I want it so bad (I want to extend it to their real lives, haha, but no actor shipping in this thread?)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, aria26 said:

His story may not be so coherent to the main story, but I dont really mind. Maybe he has more parts to play in the future??? But as it is, I am really delighted seeing another entity there. If I could extend this series to 100 episodes, I'd put gumihos and other supernatural characters in this show too :)

hhmmm of all places he throws the 'medicine' into the pond with the Water Spirit... I wonder if there is anything to that.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

I know we're getting a hug in the episode tonight, a too gentle one... i'm really hoping for some wild action already... like mess-up-your-hair-kinda-passion HAHHAAHAHA ... just kidding, just kidding

:lol: :sweatingbullets:

:grimace: just maybe 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5