Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

2 hours ago, SC2019 said:

I think he did love her. Each time the princess came to see him, he returned her smile in an obligatory way and then he looked away. He was probably torn between duty to his father (who had 'surrendered' to the Princess' state), where he had to form a new allegiance (this is according to the story line of the 3 warring states at that time) and his love for a woman who also chose to fight for her country, over him. I think we will only get to see this back story later on. So, we are all not privy to the whole story, or both perspectives. When Man-wol finds out the real truth behind it all, she will have to deal with it, that the guilt she bore and the vengeance she sought with the Captain would mean nothing.

They should switch it up! Why stick to the same "conflicted hero" theme? Why can't he just use her like it is and she fell for the wrong guy? Yeah i wouldnt forgive someone who is soooo conflicted that he ended up murdering all my family members. 

Would anyone here forgive a mass murderer because he/she loves you but had to kill your entire family because he was "conflicted"?  He made the decision so he should live with the consequences. He can't have both ways...unless of course you agree that he should be forgiven for killing your entire family and all's forgiven because he/she loves you.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

When MW smiles, she hides it quickly, so CM doesnt see it.

A little bit sad.

I would like if these two would hug just once. :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I've been away since Friday and finally back. I have not seen the episodes or catch up with this thread.

I will have to return once I finished watching the episodes and everything.

I did not take a peek at the thread or any spoilers so I have no idea what happened in this past weeks episodes.

• Like 4

Just a thought..

When CS see MW spirit vanish she seem resign and accepted her fate opposite of what we seen before if spirit vanish.. Both Yuna and ghost in room 13 being burn with such pain and regret but MW seem she already knew that will happen and also the tree does't have any flower left.. I think whatever MW do to deserve that is connected with CS and that seriel killer.. That punishment is for a spirit that harm a human so i guess she sacrifice herself to protect CS..

Well that something i pray do not ever happen and make sure our manchan got their happy ending.. They deserve that after all that happen in their life.. 

P.s i really don't like the idea of CS = CM.. I think its just not right and CS fall in love because MW in the present (bad temper and money hungry MW).. If this happen all the slow burn romance in the past 10 ep will be nothing... 

• Like 8

I was satisfied as to how Chan Sung and his mother got a simple closure. By looking at the photos she hid, it looked like she was very young. Just a teenager. She may have come from a well to do or educated family. Chan Sung’s dad may have come from the other side of the tracks so to speak. She may have hidden all of this from her family. Life moved on for her without any knowledge by her family. There was no relationship between biological mother and son. All Chan Sung needed was acknowledgement and an apology from his mother. How ironic that she was a principal (mother figure in the school) 

of an elementary school (with many children). And Man Wol did have a talk with mom. Maybe made a deal with mother such as acknowledge him and apologize and then you will go to Heaven. Just my thoughts. 

• Like 11

When CS woke up  from his dream, it looks as he felt 

the sword strike.

Just saying. :D

• Like 5

CS apparently absorbed Man Wol's curse directed at Mira, but it was 'untangled' or 'defused' to a degree.  But what was Mira's curse?  She was meant to have a sad adult life because her memories were changed so she felt like her family had never wanted her and abandoned her.

Is it a coincidence that a few days later CS encounters librarian ghost mother who never wanted him and had abandoned him?  And photos in a book on Existence and Time, paralleling the photos of Mira and her family?

And Existence and Time questions the whole nature of what it is 'to be'.  It's very possible that until the curse hit CS, that librarian mom didn't exist in time. She's pulled into existence/time by the curse.

I think MW knows something on this topic.  No lily for the librarian.

CS's job is to protect MW from herself.  She tells him he's going to get hurt.  For her but also by her if this is an example.  Anything her ill-will dishes out will rebound onto CS so she's put into a position to save him.  But from the curse we see that that might not be enough. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 7

6 hours ago, shaselai said:

They should switch it up! Why stick to the same "conflicted hero" theme? Why can't he just use her like it is and she fell for the wrong guy? Yeah i wouldnt forgive someone who is soooo conflicted that he ended up murdering all my family members. 

Would anyone here forgive a mass murderer because he/she loves you but had to kill your entire family because he was "conflicted"?  He made the decision so he should live with the consequences. He can't have both ways...unless of course you agree that he should be forgiven for killing your entire family and all's forgiven because he/she loves you.

Hmmmm

How beautiful to describe a revenge and un forgiveness heart, person who's live just to feed up the grudge should we count he/she humans ?

Well when punishment give it by one actions and not considered the reasons behind how much more people's should dies an been killed because hates and revenge..

Surely in this case we could see, in the middle of our heart there's the soul never fails to sit a judgement on the world and never fails to find it worthless,it's not easy to explaining to unforgiving people but yeah these all about perspective...

Clearly he did killed/ the authority sentence to punished, some of the thieves gags but he save MW and the rest.

Some actions maybe look bad from others but sacrifice for another.

Beautiful song for other nuisance for another !

But tell the truths the ideas of vengeful and forgiveness is A God way to test what's  kind life you choose to finding the meanings of life.

Have very good day Soompier

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brielover said:

CS apparently absorbed Man Wol's curse directed at Mira, but it was 'untangled' or 'defused' to a degree.  But what was Mira's curse?  She was meant to have a sad adult life because her memories were changed so she felt like her family had never wanted her and abandoned her.

Is it a coincidence that a few days later CS encounters librarian ghost mother who never wanted him and had abandoned him?  And photos in a book on Existence and Time, paralleling the photos of Mira and her family?

And Existence and Time questions the whole nature of what it is 'to be'.  It's very possible that until the curse hit CS, that librarian mom didn't exist in time. She's pulled into existence/time by the curse.

I think MW knows something on this topic.  No lily for the librarian.

Woah, this is such a cool insight. If they go this route though, I want a second season to flesh out all the rules for "time and existence", 6 episodes wont be enough for this kind of twist (I am continuing your plot with the last two episodes as CS being trapped in an alternate reality where he is co-creator, he creates a Yeon Woo in the present, Mi Ra is nice because she is afterall still an ex-girlfriend, he doesn't know where his mom is so he also creates closure, a part of him wants to run away so he imagined the well deity, and he is also fearful of a past acquaintance, thus, the serial killer. All these gets resolved in his alternate universe for a whole season, then he gets rescued back by Man Wol to the Ep 1-8 world, and we have another season to resolve the original story, hehe).

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

7 hours ago, reign84 said:

And imagined if Chansung is the Captain, how ironic that the person who Man Wol loved, trusted and hated in the past  Is the same person in the present but has a different face.

As much as I love Chan Sung and have no amor for the Captain, I would subscribe to this for the drama overload :)

And I'm also suspicious about Man Wol's insistence that CS is not CM, could she be just actively turning a blind eye to the possibility?

Personally, I prefer that the Captain became a vengeful spirit some 3 lifetimes ago and got vacuumed by the grim reapers.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Jieungrace:wub:

IMG-20190813-061403.jpg

Spoiler

IMG-20190813-061415.jpg

Jieunaa thank you for good laughed :joy:

IMG-20190812-230027.jpg

Happy viruses :wub:

Contagious laughed :P

IMG-20190812-230033.jpg

Hembuk khajaaa

HDL hwaiting....

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, aria26 said:

Woah, this is such a cool insight. If they go this route though, I want a second season to flesh out all the rules for "time and existence", 6 episodes wont be enough for this kind of twist (I am continuing your plot with the last two episodes as CS being trapped in an alternate reality where he is co-creator, he creates a Yeon Woo in the present, Mi Ra is nice because she is afterall still an ex-girlfriend, he doesn't know where his mom is so he also creates closure, a part of him wants to run away so he imagined the well deity, and he is also fearful of a past acquaintance, thus, the serial killer. All these gets resolved in his alternate universe for a whole season, then he gets rescued back by Man Wol to the Ep 1-8 world, and we have another season to resolve the original story, hehe).

Ha!  This made me laugh - that would be a tangled web!  But there need be no alternate world, just that this reality is slightly different because it contains this mother.  But I think the impact of the curse was diffused.  How much more hurtful if he had memories of this woman who didn't want him and abandoned him?  Because he doesn't know or remember her, an apology from her and chance to see her off is as good as it could get for him so MW makes sure it happens.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, brielover said:

Ha!  This made me laugh - that would be a tangled web!  But there need be no alternate world, just that this reality is slightly different because it contains this mother.  But I think the impact of the curse was diffused.  How much more hurtful if he had memories of this woman who didn't want him and abandoned him?  Because he doesn't know or remember her, an apology from her and chance to see her off is as good as it could get for him so MW makes sure it happens.

haha, yes, it would still work in this world. it was just my imagination running away with me.

(I do wish his non-curse mom comes a long via cameo of han ye seul - since his dad is oh ji ho - in her couple or trouble character, she would get along so well with man weol.58613118_2302588213400894_90315716384554

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, shaselai said:

I'm with you here. I have a feeling the show will reveal that Smirkalot is a conflicted person of some sort (well his official bio does say he indeed fell in love with Man Wol). But dude, you still had a pretty large hand in the death of her squad, and I don't buy that he was so entirely powerless that he couldn't have done anything to alter the course of events. And one of the deal-breakers for me for this show is, when his conflicted-whatever is revealed to Man Wol, if she would sincerely be like, okay I'm cool now with you leading to the murder of my entire squad because you were in love with me after all and pulled strings to spare me.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, aria26 said:

As much as I love Chan Sung and have no amor for the Captain, I would subscribe to this for the drama overload :)

And I'm also suspicious about Man Wol's insistence that CS is not CM, could she be just actively turning a blind eye to the possibility?

And this would be my second deal-breaker, if Chansung turned out to be reincarnated Smirkalot. :lol: I'd prefer Mago #4 turning everyone to dust instead of this scenario. (So they're totally going to pull this now, aren't they?)

Reading the bts translations by circulate9oo...the stuff IU & YJG are laughing at together isn't even that funny. I guess they both have a dorky sense of humor. :D Btw, happy birthday to Baby Oppa YJG!

• Like 6
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, aria26 said:

Personally, I prefer that the Captain became a vengeful spirit some 3 lifetimes ago and got vacuumed by the grim reapers.

It just came up to me after reading the comments, and know right it might be full of drama, but was thinking too if he really is the captain how is the production going to explain why he has a different face while princess and yeon woo remains the same?

• Like 7
  • Love 1

It would be kind of fun if the bellhop turned out to be the captain!  Hear me out:

1) Someone else has his name - something is wrong with his identity.  Was he given false memories (we know it can happen because MW almost did it to Mira)?

2) These reincarnations are coming back as opposites: the princess is now a thief; thief Yeon Woo is now a detective.  What's the opposite of a nobleman and general/captain?  A servant (bellhop) and a common soldier!

3) He has that sword slash in his chest near his heart, just where MW probably plunged her sword (cmon, the Korean war had guns not swords), and where CS clutched when waking from his vision of the moment.

This is where my HDL-obsessed mind wanders, ladies and gentlemen.  Worse, it's not outside probability, which means nothing else is either - ANYTHING is possible in this show lol.

• Like 9

Man Wol IG update featuring the birthday boy (sort of):

• Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

What if the Captain is Kim Joon Hyun from "The Guys Who Died After Eating" HAHAHAHA

Omg that would be the ultimate betrayal for Man Wol. She'll declare war on Mago. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 11