Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Due to technical issues, third release of Medals in the Members Shop will be delayed.
0ly40

[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

Hi everyone!! 

I’ve been silently reading all the posts but absolutely love this drama so thought of joining in! :) I’ve been following both actors for a while now and love their work!!   

Can’t wait for next week now. I haven’t read the webtoon or the web novel. Can someone please PM me some spoilers. :tongue: I don’t mind them.:D

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, it is painful to watch parents favoring one sibling over another. But my problem is that it is not the case here. It is clear that the parents love both children equally. Once the eldest son called his parents that he was in SK, the parents came back from Jeju immediately. During the dinner, the mother made the mistake to talk about KMS. Her intention was to tell her eldest son that LYJ has had a long and good relationship with someone. His social skills have improved which means that she is definitely seeing LYJ's flaws. She didn't realize that this topic was taboo for LYJ hence he redirected the conversation. Then the father started bragging about LYJ's skills. It was unfortunate to say such a thing but the father had never had the intention to say that LYJ is better than LSY. For the eldest son, it seems that they favor LYJ but it is not the case. Each word and action will be perceived as if they prefer LYJ or as if LYJ gets all the attention. As long as LYJ said nothing, LSY was happy... which is not right either because a family dinner means that all of them have to participate. I agree that the father made a mistake but it has nothing to do with favoritism. In my opinion, since the kidnapping the parents must feel guilty after what LYJ had been put through and have tried to overcompensate the pain. This also would explain why the father decided to make LYJ the Vice-president... to repay for the painful event. LYJ said that he is suffering from something he can't remember which means the kidnapping is taboo. The parents made sure that no one knows about it, yet LYJ is still suffering from the trauma. LSY is unaware of it. 

About LYJ's harsh words: it is a normal reaction of someone who is furious and hurt. Let me remind you that before LSY was actually telling him that he could steal KMS from him! LSY knows that LYJ doesn't have many friends or close person which was indicated by the mother during the dinner (see my remark above). We heard from LYJ in the episode 3 that LSY didn't just bully LYJ, he used his friends from the class to bully LYJ. In other words, he isolated his own brother so that he had no friend. When he told LYJ that he could go out with KMS, LYJ saw it like this: " I could go out with her so that I would be able to turn her against you". The brother saw it as a thread: he will use KMS in order to hurt him!! That's why LYJ described his own brother as weak and incompetent: he saw it as a confirmation that LSY still uses others in order to bully and hurt him. 

LSY needs to know about the kidnapping in order to understand that he was wrong all along. Moreover, he needs to apologize for the bully in the 4th grad. LYJ had no friends, so when he met KMS and he decided to have her as friend. She was much younger and didn't belong to the same social circle hence he could get a friend without his brother knowing it. But in my opinion, he must have told her his brother's name... which led to his kidnapping.

you make a good point.

I think LSY could see that the topic of MS was something that was sort of taboo for YJ - at least with his parents and his brother. That's why he changed the topic rather suddenly. And he was up in YJ's face about MS, so I agree that YJ's words and reaction was indeed normal for the situation.

I believe that LSY due to the inferior character he has towards his brother, truly believes that he is not victim not YJ. Rather that YJ is the bad one in his mind, as such for him to say that he is willing to forgive YJ is actually in fact not true because he was not the victim of the kidnapping or of the bullying but rather YJ was the victim all along.

• Like 13

Guys, I’m desperately searching for the handbag that PMY wore during their amusement park date. Anybody know where I could find that information? I totally fell in love with it and now I’m obsessing over it. :D 

20_AD536_D-_E1_CD-47_AC-9_C6_C-452_FBE52

61476291-0002-4613-_BCB5-234296121798.pn

8_AEA1315-5370-4_E60-9280-_E481_EE71_A41

• Like 10

Just saw the latest episode and my faves @MrsSoJiSub @USAFarmgirl @bebebisous33 are here and thanks to others for your efforts to keep us informed with goodies, articles, translations, pics etc.

Loving the OTP and this episode that COW is working hard to hide her unmentionables from the boss. LOL. I agree with @USAFarmgirl the cow is adorbs. I remember the last time I wanted the stuffed animal was in My Name is Kim Sam Soon and the Pig Rabbit in You're Beautiful. LOL. Or how they are slowly getting closer and every time they are physically close to each other the heightened awareness.

The boss saying did I ever say you are beautiful and then take it back. Mentions if she wears perfume but learns it is just her shampoo buy 1 get 1 (lol not some expensive exotic scent). I do love her outfits and her high ponytail is adorbs. She is TOTAL girl crush material and just her visuals throughout I feel she is a walking model no joke. Or saying she wants an ordinary romance to get a hug after a long weary day---awww. Attending to his wounds on his mouth or his ankle as the efficient secretary while cancelling is appointments to take care and rest. Or when he learns he has to up the Arts center dates she takes on the challenge without hesitation. She gives alternate answers to NO/Maybes ie the copy right situation, artwork no being done---finish it at the arts center. Very fast and efficient reminding our boss she is his ever efficient Secretary Kim Miso.

The brothers as analyzed others are definitely having alot of hurt and need to talk it out. Both blaming the other and when the Hyung bullied YJ and his friends. Plus the kidnapping encounter did not help him but the trauma. Hyung doesn't help being all --I will forgive you and I am the bigger person. Plus rudely mentions he will take away Secretary Kim from him. To threaten, why do you not introduce her and worry I will date her and take her away? Wow that is so high and mighty. (But by then he realized who she was after seeing her name tag after she gave a fake number. So he was interested by her looks first. But she admitted if he was the author she would not have given a fake number. Well she will find out next episode he is the guy she is looking for .) But now he knows who she is, he DEFINITELY will work to get her away from YJ. I doubt he will be successful as our OTP have a lot of time to be together and their attraction though simmering ---we NEED some kisses to make up for all this FULL body contact. SIGH.

YJ friend is a true one. As pointed out earlier, when YJ leaned on MS after hurtng his ankle, he warned the guy---if you want to transfer to India do not go to YJ. So TRUE!  He knows our YJ so well that he NEVER allows a female to touch him. Plus it is obvious he is showing feelings and not realizing it (but now this episode he does and his saying he will be putting all his attentions to MS. I am looking forward to their date.  His confession to MS, will it be sabatoged by his hyung?!

Yes, on the parents loving both sons. Things don't always seem the same and the same words and situation can be construed differently based on POV as mentioned by others. So true. If you refuse to communicate and just have that elephant in the room (the kidnapping) it will only continue to cause issues. The stubborness and lack of HONESTY and understanding to be true to each other is stifling. Hope they can work it out. We have alot of drama left to do it.

Just rambling, but if you made it this far thanks for a reading.

Not read the webtoon, so I enjoy reading the spoilers here and there. Don't bother me at all. But curious what will happen.

• Like 13

:w00t:WooHoo more Seo-Joon scenes without his shirt!:w00t:

I was DYING at Young-Joon's robotic expression throughout their amusement park rides:lol: And after all that, Mi-So's hair still remains flawless^_^ Things are really heating up between these 2 as now his older brother makes an appearance<_<

Why Drama you torture me LoL?! There were SO many scenes within 2 ep. of Mi-So/Young-Joon just inches from each other's faces!:phew::blink: Like Young-Joon's Hyung would say "Why do you hate me so much?" - that's what I like to know as well.. 

His mom was a hoot! She left her purse behind to get Young-Joon to come to dinner HA. Interesting that Mi-So/Young-Joon both suffer from phobia/trauma. His are cable ties while hers - spiders. Wonder if they both met when they were kids as it usually is in K-dramas?

Can't wait for more ep. I'm lovin' it:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

Hi folks! This is my first time posting in this thread and I'm glad many are in love with this webtoon adaptation. PYM and PSJ nailed their respective characters. I read up to 147 of the webtoon and I'm loving every scenes the drama has included in each episodes. It's totally worth watching. So finger's crossed in there first kiss scene cause the one that I read was so heart bursting. :wub::wub:

Dfs_RNeb_U0_AEuet_O.jpg Ctto

• Like 14

Can someone give me spoiler about the storyline-the ending of WSK based on its novel/webtoon?

• Like 4

Just finished episode 4. I don't think Seung Yeon is exactly evil, but definitely messed up & his own coping mechanism causes him to not see his own faults, but rather pushes them onto others. He's obviously jealous of Young Joon and possible attention he got from their parents then being moved up grades into his class. His way of coping with being 'secondary'? Bullying his brother so that he feels superior and reminds the other that he's the oldest. He doesn't see the long lasting consequences of his actions & does things how he currently feels then he blames the other party for what's occurred. Honestly classic abuser behavior. 

Young Joon's experiences are obviously different & he sees his hyung as a thorn in his side thus he'd rather not be around him. He's still hurt from the bullying & kidnapping, but forced himself to suppress the memories for the sake of his family & to hopefully move on. He was fine until his brother showed up again, now he's like a 9 year old who has to deal with a bully for an older brother. The difference now is that he's grown & won't deal with it the way he did as a child. 

I'm thinking Mi So's reason for sticking by Young Joon all these years is because she has a subconscious need to take care of him. She's built up all this knowledge of him over the past 9 years and has seen his weaknesses, it's why she's never truly gotten mad at him the way she did in the beginning. From seeing him break down over the cable ties, I think she realizes there's an inherent reason for his behavior. She's basically his wife just without the name & his is closest confidant, it's hard to find someone who is close to what she is. Even though she's quitting, I know she's finding it hard because whether she realized it or not, she can't live without Young Joon as he is a staple in her life. Much like he's realized he can't do without her. 

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry, but would you mind PMing me what you know? I love to see the original sources & see how close it is. 

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, jongdaewae said:

Can someone give me spoiler about the storyline-the ending of WSK based on its novel/webtoon?

36 minutes ago, angelguccio said:

Where can I read the webtoons? 

someone shared the Korean and Chinese webtoon link here, you may need to back read this thread. as for Eng comic, I saw someone said have to pay for it at tappytoon

I think the comic is still continuing, as kakao page is released up to ch. 86. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@theonlyone88 thanks for the great insight!! haha does qqcomics require subscription fee? can pm me the link pleaseeee :D

@Latte_Anyday ^5 to shirtless scenes lol oops! and, im getting envious of KMS!! like, im working as a secretary too for so darn many years but ive never encountered any of such calibre bosses <_< am i supposed to quit and change company soon? its all old men.. or maybe, the younger ones are all in korea..

• Like 5

@Ondine Wow! Thanks a lot for your help!

@theonlyone88 Thanks for providing the whole backstory to us. It’s heartbreaking knowing what YJ had to go through. On top of the trauma of the kidnapping he has to take s-h-i-t from his hyung even though it was hyung’s fault all along. I have few questions I’d like to ask additionally.

Spoiler

How did a 9yo boy convince that woman not to kill them?

Did he directly tell her to kill herself instead?

Did YJ and MS know each other before being kidnapped? We saw them playing together in a flashback.

Why do her sisters pretend she was never kidnapped? 

Why didn’t YJ try to find MS after that kidnapping?

Why does he pretend not to know her when he hired her?

• Like 7

On 9 June 2018 at 11:55 PM, hrh77 said:

I already saw her comedy potentials in Healer.... thou that drama is not mainly focus on comedy, but the early episodes are.... The humor her dancing, singing and drunk....... Even in 7dq, on early episodes as well.... She always slay!!...

I agree she has this comedic timing as far as SKKS, yes she always slay.  I hope she does a lot of romcom and comedy variety show such as Busted too. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

@Ondine Wow! Thanks a lot for your help!

@theonlyone88 Thanks for providing the whole backstory to us. It’s heartbreaking knowing what YJ had to go through. On top of the trauma of the kidnapping he has to take s-h-i-t from his hyung even though it was hyung’s fault all along. I have few questions I’d like to ask additionally.

Hide contents

Did YJ and MS know each other before being kidnapped? We saw them playing together in a flashback.

Spoiler

1) It was more of trying to to getting her to let go and lead a new life and assure her that they will not go to the police station if they let him them but ultimately, he was prepared to die and the woman made the decision herself.

2) The flashback is probably when they got back to Mi So's house after the kidnapping as he promised her that he will come back to look for her but when he did, they already left due to the redevelopment of the area

3) The sisters probably not not know after it was in the middle of the night and they probably come back before the day. The sisters and father were also preoccupied with their mum staying in the hospital with a terminal illness.

4) YK had to pretend that he had lost his memories of the incident and probably wanted to shield her from recovering her memories of the incident as well.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

On 10 June 2018 at 11:07 PM, labyrinth525 said:

Annyeong! This is my first ever post on this thread and enjoyed all your posts from the very first page.  Happy to see other PMY fans here @Igotcaughtdancingagain @saved2K @hrh77 @OksanaS @minwoojin Forgive me if I missed out the others. Been away for long. And this drama had pulled me back to kdramaland and enjoying every minute of it. Yay! Tried LSng, watched raw and been watching episodes 1 & 2 with subs on repeat. Re-reading the webtoon too (not actually reading per se because it's in Hangul but more of looking at the illustrations.) :D

They don't stray away from the webtoon that much and added some stuff which doesn't affect the whole story line. I've read somewhere that there are some who sort of didn't like having a backstory that the main leads knew each other when they were kids since it's very common in kdrama. But since this is based on the novel/webtoon, what can they do since it's part of their story? 

The casts are great! Keep Loling on every comedic scene especially the banter between LYJ and KMS. 

Someone here asked about the older brother. See spoiler :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

He stayed abroad and is a popular writer. He'll come back to Korea and will add more stress to LYJ's wooing KMS. He's curious about LYJ's personal secretary (KMS) and even asked their mother if she's pretty in front of LYJ.  That's why LYJ will do his best for them not to meet but of course they would still meet. He's not KMS's brother. LYJ and him had already had some sibling rivalry since they were kids. One reason is because LYJ's a genius that he even skipped a few grades and became his older brother's classmate. 

I'll stop here for now. :D 

thank you sis @labyrinth525for this additional info.  yeah saw some of the illustrations from the webtoon and I am thrilled just thinking how the drama will render those scenes especially the skinships hihihi.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, aisling said:

@Ondine

Hide contents

Let me try to help... 

Spoiler

1 and 2. He tried to play along with her fantasy of them being her children at first, but she’d already wanted to kill herself when she saw the kids for the last time. Most cruel thing she did was to make Young-joon watch as she hung herself  

3. Nope, they only knew each other after they went through the whole ordeal together. The playing scene comes after he sends her home safe. 

4. Her sisters never knew because Mi-so went out on her own in the middle of the night and was back by the morning.

5. He did, but by the time he could look for her, the entire neighbourhood had been torn down for the redevelopment of the amusement park his dad’s company was building and Mi-so’s family had already moved away.

6. Young-joon did ask if she knew who he was when she first joined the company, but Mi-so didn’t recognise him at all (also because he’d changed his name from Sung-hyun to Young-joon). So I guess he decided to just watch over her from a distance. STILL LOVES HER THO AWWWW

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, dojoed said:

Let me try to help... 

Hide contents

1 and 2. He tried to play along with her fantasy of them being her children at first, but she’d already wanted to kill herself when she saw the kids for the last time. Most cruel thing she did was to make Young-joon watch as she hung herself  

3. Nope, they only knew each other after they went through the whole ordeal together. The playing scene comes after he sends her home safe. 

4. Her sisters never knew because Mi-so went out on her own in the middle of the night and was back by the morning.

5. He did, but by the time he could look for her, the entire neighbourhood had been torn down for the redevelopment of the amusement park his dad’s company was building and Mi-so’s family had already moved away.

6. Young-joon did ask if she knew who he was when she first joined the company, but Mi-so didn’t recognise him at all (also because he’d changed his name from Sung-hyun to Young-joon). So I guess he decided to just watch over her from a distance. STILL LOVES HER THO AWWWW

Sigh, so much squee with number 6, right? Really made me fall hook line and sinker lol. 

Spoiler

The shielding her from the suicide hanging by saying it was a large spider and then crawling back into the room where the woman hung to get scissors just broke me :( and holding that info all to himself for so many years, keeping the trauma to be solely his to bear all this time while keeping MiSo close.... argh so much love for Young Joon..

• Like 8