[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

7 minutes ago, icecreamochi said:

They are both 33 years old. It’s time for them to get married already. Okay, I’ll move myself over to shippers paradise :o

Can you explain a bit more about both being 33 years old? As in their characters or in real life? In the character, they are different about 4-5 years I think (LYJ older than KMS). And in real life, their age difference is only two years with PMY older than PSJ. However, PSJ as he said in the press conference, he said that PMY is about his age. He doesn't consider her as Noona, I guess. LOL. I am thinking of being a shipper for this Park-Park though. LOL.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@aisling

But it's probably 'cause Mi-So has only ever dedicated her entire life to Young-Joon which leaves her very little time to date & meet other men. Although I'd expect Young-Joon would've known what it meant surely? Or he was single all his life without being close to any woman? 

Oh I actually think he’s a virgin. He can’t stand women touching him so I doubt he was ever intimate with any woman. Only in k-dramaland you can find a 33-year old filthy rich guy who’s still a virgin but looks like walking Adonis :lol:

It always amuses me how all those leading men are ripped and sculpted regardless of their professions. Even when they’re fatally illl they’re still ripped <_< 

For example it made sense that PSJ’s character in Fight My Way was buffed because he was a MMA fighter. But here? Why is the CEO so ripped? When would he have time to go to gym daily? The same thing applies to other dramas. From what I heard it takes at least 2-3 hours a day and strict diet to maintain a body like this. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, aisling said:

For example it made sense that PSJ’s character in Fight My Way was buffed because he was a MMA fighter. But here? Why is the CEO so ripped? When would he have time to go to gym daily? The same thing applies to other dramas. From what I heard it takes at least 2-3 hours a day and strict diet to maintain a body like this. 

I think it fits in with his character. Successful people are almost always portrayed in a good physical shape. It's another indication of their success and their ability to take on the challenges of that life. As a leader he must look the part but I wouldn't mind if they show us some LYJ's  gym workout sessions in the next episodes (and shirtless of course :D). You know just for the record :wink: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

2 hours ago, aisling said:

Oh I actually think he’s a virgin. He can’t stand women touching him so I doubt he was ever intimate with any woman. Only in k-dramaland you can find a 33-year old filthy rich guy who’s still a virgin but looks like walking Adonis :lol:

It always amuses me how all those leading men are ripped and sculpted regardless of their professions. Even when they’re fatally illl they’re still ripped <_< 

hahaha would u want to continue watch a kdrama if the male lead is topless in almost every episode looking all flabby and oily with curly chest hair?? NOOOO!! :lol: PSJ is a bit too fair though.. like fairer than me.. hahaha guess the bronze beachboys image is no longer in trend?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Park Seo Joon Manages To Steal Hearts While Studying His Script For “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”

Park-Seo-Joon7.jpg

Park Seo Joon’s stunning visuals don’t fade even when he’s studying his script for “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?”

Spoiler

The tvN drama revealed behind-the scene stills of Park Seo Joon intensely studying his lines. In the photos, he is constantly holding his script and discussing his lines with the cast and crew in order to create a perfect scene.

Park Seo Joon’s passionate studying of his script is directly linked to the drama’s key for popularity. Through his non-stop practice, he is able to perfect the narcissistic lines of his self-centered character and is being loved by viewers as the “cute vice president.” Not only is Park Seo Joon perfect with his lines, but his romantic gaze also makes hearts flutter.

Park-Seo-Joon6.jpg

The production crew stated, “Park Seo Joon is always focused on the script for character analysis. All of the staff members are completely amazed by his perfect transformation into Lee Young Joon.”

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

SOOMPI

• Like 8

This drama is really funny and entertaining. It is so rare to have a good webtoon adapted drama. Looking forward to this drama every week so much that I watched live last week haha

Since I also like travelling in Korea a lot, and sometimes following drama locations, sharing here with you some of the places I found for this drama, and I will probably post more as the drama goes along, you can follow my page if you are interested in this too

https://www.facebook.com/korea.travel.art/photos/a.1914836831921486.1073741859.1006089646129547/1995016847236817/?type=3

https://www.facebook.com/korea.travel.art/photos/a.1914836831921486.1073741859.1006089646129547/1996429453762223/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/korea.travel.art/photos/a.1914836831921486.1073741859.1006089646129547/2008920739179761/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/korea.travel.art/photos/a.1914836831921486.1073741859.1006089646129547/2012385125499989/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/korea.travel.art/photos/a.1914836831921486.1073741859.1006089646129547/2014243928647442/?type=3&theater

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@aisling

Ahahah well it is for entertainment purposes. And as such they need to draw in ratings, viewership though they're mostly from women:lol: which is why there's so many gratuitous shirtless scenes of Young-Joon. 

Maybe that's why Young-Joon is so buff 'cause he knows it's what the ladies want:w00t: Jokes aside even some of the richest men in my country are overweight, married and old:rolleyes:

@turtle0217

I know I want Mi-So's hair too:wub: 

@sadthe1st

I didn't either, I had to Google it LoL! When I read what it meant I was like okayyy~:phew: You need to pay attention in the way its used/context. Like example it's Mi-So inviting Young-Joon to stay for Ramyeon because of Mi-So's naivete she meant that literally LoL. If a woman who's experienced asked a guy then it's a booty call/Netflix and chill/have sex (if you want clarification:w00t:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Just read one of the comments that the drama beans people made about how Mi So takes everything YJ says as a personal challenge and so we had the whole company competition where Mi So would have killed to win it!  Completely agree with this comment. There will have to be a resolution to their power dynamic here as any personal relationship can't run like this where one person says jump (over some trivial crap like a competition) and the other person says how high! I am happy for her or him to go to great lengths if it is of personal significance or literal life or death but it only sets up for failure or disappointment if this is allowed to go on. The two of them are perfectionists but they must be allowed to fail occasionally and not feel like they will not get comfort or scorn from the other.

• Like 6

On 15/06/2018 at 4:47 PM, princessfiana said:

someone shared the Korean and Chinese webtoon link here, you may need to back read this thread. as for Eng comic, I saw someone said have to pay for it at tappytoon

I think the comic is still continuing, as kakao page is released up to ch. 86. 

Thank you....I need spoiler 

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I didn't either, I had to Google it LoL! When I read what it meant I was like okayyy~:phew: You need to pay attention in the way its used/context. Like example it's Mi-So inviting Young-Joon to stay for Ramyeon because of Mi-So's naivete she meant that literally LoL. If a woman who's experienced asked a guy then it's a booty call/Netflix and chill/have sex (if you want clarification:w00t:

OMG! That's what his friend states in the preview! :scream: I didn't even know that. That's why I didn't get it in the preview when his friend was saying those stuff. I just thought come eat ramyeon then eat ramyeon. Tsk tsk tsk! Can't believe that's an asking for other than besides eating. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

On 6/15/2018 at 11:07 AM, aisling said:

PSJ is one of my most favourite actors because his acting feels natural. He’s just got this natural charisma and aura onscreen. I wasn’t sure about this show when it was announced, he never played a chaebol before and it seemed to me it was quite a downgrade from his previous roles because chaebols are usually boring. However now I really appreciate his character in WSK. I’ve seen him swoony many times before but I didn’t know he could be so hilarious too  :D

So how swoony was his confession? Should I mentally prepared myself? 

Isnt it in She Was Pretty, he's role is a Chaebol?

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

OMG! That's what his friend states in the preview! :scream: I didn't even know that. That's why I didn't get it in the preview when his friend was saying those stuff. I just thought come eat ramyeon then eat ramyeon. Tsk tsk tsk! Can't believe that's an asking for other than besides eating. 

LOL... that's true about Ramyeon-eating-invitation... double meaning, hahaha.....

Now, I Wanna know why the title " Why Secretary Kim" or " What's wrong with Secretary Kim"....

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

18 hours ago, MeritaG said:

Can you explain a bit more about both being 33 years old? As in their characters or in real life? In the character, they are different about 4-5 years I think (LYJ older than KMS). And in real life, their age difference is only two years with PMY older than PSJ. However, PSJ as he said in the press conference, he said that PMY is about his age. He doesn't consider her as Noona, I guess. LOL. I am thinking of being a shipper for this Park-Park though. LOL.

Yeah in real life, PMY is older than PSJ....... but in the drama, it's the opposite...

On 16/06/2018 at 12:39 PM, mushforbrains said:

What is it about Pmy that makes her partnerships so watchable...

she is really the queen of chemistry!!

love that she always looks like she is having a great time in the BTS and also Super professional

I know... She really has this magic..... Can't explain it either.. hahaha...  (becoz of her, I have liked Song Joo Ki, YAI, Park Yoo Chun, Ji Chang Wook , Yeon Woo Jin and now PSJ)...

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1

Thanks to one poster, I read the Chinese webtoon - all 180 plus episodes and there definitely are interesting scenes coming up if followed. 

Now that I know the story, it would be nice to see it adapted, especially by the two actors I like. They’ve nailed the characters so far with the same quirks and styling in the webtoon. Quite amazing to see the webtoon brought to life. 

• Like 5