[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

6 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

it must be amazing that after 9 years they are experiencing these "accidents" of discovery ...i like the transformations that both are experiencing now ...my type of thrill lol ....also after the fight with brother when he went to her place , a first again ..and she walked down the street looking like poetry in motion in his eyes. moooooo

You did not just moo, did you? :lol: 

Im really enjoying the “first love” from both sides, usually it’s the guy that’s experienced and it just annoys me, so I’m happy both of them get to start on an equal footing, heehee. Her swishing hair is equivalent to his muscled chest? Omomo. But that’s just me. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Just finished watching episode 4 and oh my gaaaaaaah... I'm thoroughly entertained. I mean, I hope constantly being pulled so you're lying on top of one another happens in real life between us and the guys we're infatuated with

Also, what really drew me is the hostile conversation between the brothers. They were talking about what happened in the past and I'm like, "What?! What???? WHAT happened in the past?!?!?" It's effective. I'll keep watching just to know what went down all those years ago.

Judging from the comments of those who read the webtoon, the brother is kind of devious but I hope they don't go down that route in the drama. I mean, he's already kind of an richard simmons for saying he'lll forgive YJ although it was YJ who clearly suffered and was traumatized, but I hope they don't make him that evil (cause he's hot hahaha). I hope he has a change of heart and instead helps YJ realize that he's in love with MS and vice versa, as a way for him to make up for what he did to YJ when they were young.

• Like 6

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young Become Closer in the Dark

photo981292.jpg

Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young were stuck in a library black-out on the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim".

Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) turned on her cell phone light for Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) and he was surprised. She laughed saying he was cute when he was surprised and Lee Young-joon said, "That's not cute. That's fatal".

They walked around looking for the exit of the library when Lee Young-joon asked Kim Mi-so, "What perfume do you use? I smell citrus". She replied, "I don't use perfume. I like shampoos that are on sale".

Lee Young-joon then asked why she walked so fast and she said she was just walking to keep up with him.

Lee Young-joon said, "Why didn't I know this before?" and Kim Mi-so said, "We are realizing more things in the dark".

Source : star.hankookilbo.com/...

I love the fact that they are getting closer and closer to each other.

We have so many near-kisses that I am excited for when they do actually kiss! haha :D

3 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Just finished watching episode 4 and oh my gaaaaaaah... I'm thoroughly entertained. I mean, I hope constantly being pulled so you're lying on top of one another happens in real life between us and the guys we're infatuated with

Also, what really drew me is the hostile conversation between the brothers. They were talking about what happened in the past and I'm like, "What?! What???? WHAT happened in the past?!?!?" It's effective. I'll keep watching just to know what went down all those years ago.

Judging from the comments of those who read the webtoon, the brother is kind of devious but I hope they don't go down that route in the drama. I mean, he's already kind of an richard simmons for saying he'lll forgive YJ although it was YJ who clearly suffered and was traumatized, but I hope they don't make him that evil (cause he's hot hahaha). I hope he has a change of heart and instead helps YJ realize that he's in love with MS and vice versa, as a way for him to make up for what he did to YJ when they were young.

from what I know of the novel/webtoon - the brother is not evil, evil like with most typical kdrama. But rather he too has his own scars. He is a little weird, in order to feel less weird he becomes devious and sadly or not, this causes pain towards YJ.

I dont think we are going to get the whole typical route of like YJ vs his brother. But clearly there will be some jealously because of the brother and MS for sure.

The more I watch the show, and now that I know a lot from the novel - I really do feel and understand YJ's character more. So I am still looking forward to seeing the story unfold before me.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, attriste said:

Me! I wrote up one too based on the Chinese webtoon translation and pm-ed a few here who asked for it... so I want to know if it is faithful to the Korean. But also just because I want to squee along. 

Which brings to mind: I can’t recall who said this but YES I dunno if the original manhwa is censored but the Korean version one I’ve seen is, whereas the Chinese one isn’t! Don’t drool, girls. Haha. 

I think I know as much as you do at this point haha! And yeah lol why did they leave out the part where she has raunchy romance novels on her desk?? 

3 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Without spoiling anything I think it’s safe to say that Sung-yeon is a really sad little boy at heart. It doesn’t make what he does/did right, but he’s really pitiful. I remember feeling quite bad for him—and even worse for Young-joon!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, the misunderstanding is already visible during the dinner. He was happy, when he got his parents' attention and LYJ was quiet. But then the mother mentioned KMS in front of the brother which annoyed LYJ hence the vice-president started talking about his work because he wanted to avoid that subject. Right now, he is really confused about KMS and his feelings for her. By talking about work, he was able to redirect the conversation. However, the father started praising LYJ for his skills. He even declared that he was smart because of him. He had inherited his good genes. This remark made the hyung feel as if he was not good compared to LYJ. In his mind, LYJ had started talking about work in order to draw the parents' attention to himself, in order to make him feel weak and little. But he is wrong... LYJ had another intention in his mind. It had nothing to do with him. The brother only sees himself as the victim, yet I don't doubt that LYJ was bullied in the past.

The hyung has definitely an inferiority complex. His inferiority complex is visible in another occasion: he doesn't want to be recognized as Morpheus because the moment his face appears, he knows, he will be connected to LYJ and he will be compared again.

My problem with the brother is that what he said, when they met after 3 years. He claims that he forgives him. His words are showing that LYJ did something wrong to him, in fact the brother is actually expecting LYJ to feel remorseful and ask for forgiveness. Yet, he remains unclear about the wrongdoing. He blames LYJ for everything.

hehe chingu you are here!!

giphy.gif

I believe all along the brother has always felt inferior to YJ. YJ since young had been smart, and accomplished. My guess is that he was also rather well liked by his parents for sure. As such, the brother has always been jealous that he got his parents/teachers and maybe even friends attention.

As such the brother sought to bully him along with his friends when he was in the same grade as him.

Since I dont want to reveal spoilers about the brother and YJ's relationship.

You are right about how the brother has in turn decided to believe that he is indeed the victim not YJ. Perhaps to him, compared to all of YJ's achievements - he well has very much remain in the shadows as such he truly wholeheartedly believes he is the victim.

As for what the brother said, I believe YJ knows fully what his brother is blaming him for, but he choose to remain silent on the matter for the peace of the family. It is clear that YJ holds back a lot just to make sure that there is peace in the family overall.

I really want to talk about the spoilers but I shall bear with it :tongue: haha!

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 2

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Continues To See Success With Consistent Ratings

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim7.png

People are loving tvN’s “What Wrong with Secretary Kim”!

According to Nielsen Korea, the June 14 episode saw average viewership ratings of 6.4 percent nationwide, reaching 7.4 percent at its highest rated minute. While slightly lower than ratings for its previous broadcast, the drama had the highest ratings out of all the shows that aired at the same time at 9:30 p.m. KST.

What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” also continued to be popular among those in the 20-40 age group, the target audience of many broadcasting networks including tvN. In this specific age group, the drama saw average nationwide ratings of 5.1 percent with a peak of 6.1 percent. This was also the highest 2049 rating out of all the shows in the same time slot.

Spoiler

Spoiler

During the June 14 episode, Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon) made hearts flutter and viewers swoon with his unexpected confession to Kim Mi So (Park Min Young). However, their budding relationship was far from smooth sailing as Lee Young Jun’s brother Lee Sung Yeon (Lee Tae Hwan) started to become interested in Kim Mi So.

Credit: https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/14/whats-wrong-secretary-kim-continues-see-success-consistent-ratings/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

yLx3OXD.png

r48c5kH.png

OMG chingus dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif How are we going to wait a week to see what happens next? How is our girl Kim Mi Soo going to respond to this? If I were her I would just kiss him get caught up on the moment. naughty.png But since our girl isn't a pervy ahjumma, we wont get a kiss just yet. Pd-nim is just too good w/these almost kiss teases:crazy: I just love we already got a confession.

@jeonghyang Thank you for those shower gifs, they did out a big smile on my face. Thanks gif master for the the gif caps yesterday. @nonski  @Amulya Kolusu Thanks for episode 3's recaps. I haven't had a chance to catch up with episode 4 recaps. 

Edited by evie7
  • Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

Ok...so have gone mad and sped read through the toonkor site....eeeeee....that's all I can say...not sure how much tvN will do with the byeontae segments of the webtoon....but eeeeee...if we get to see even a sanitized ...fogged up.....version.....:wub::blink:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

51 minutes ago, evie7 said:

OMG chingus dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif How are we going to wait a week to see what happens next? How is our girl Kim Mi Soo going to respond to this? If I were her I would just kiss him get caught up on the moment. naughty.png But since our girl isn't a pervy ahjumma, we wont get a kiss just yet. Pd-nim is just too good w/these almost kiss teases:crazy: I just love we already got a confession.

@jeonghyang Thank you for those shower gifs, they did out a big smile on my face. Thanks gif master for the the gif caps yesterday. @nonski  @Amulya Kolusu Thanks for episode 3's recaps. I haven't had a chance to catch up with episode 4 recaps. 

I'm dying to know her response to this! :love: :scream:  Like is she going to not stop him from starting to love her? Is she going to learn to love him, too?

I don't know if these has been thrown out there, yet, but now, I'm curious about his dream now. Since from what KMS stated to her blind date about a kidnap case back in 1994, could it now be LYJ who was kidnapped? Could he be her oppa that she's looking for? I'm starting to feel like it could be LYJ who is KMS's oppa and she was very traumatize that she forgot about him. It's like a closed up memory that she can't get it to reopen. Just a thought to throw out there. :D

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

The more I watch the show, and now that I know a lot from the novel - I really do feel and understand YJ's character more. So I am still looking forward to seeing the story unfold before me.

Did you read the web novel? So, the story is complete, right? I meant I heard that the webtoon is not complete yet. I saw the webtoon until chapter 80. Thanks in advance.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kaoriharang said:

I really want to talk about the spoilers but I shall bear with it :tongue: haha!

Same here, so I shall just focus on....lips hahahahah.

Does anyone feel like sometimes the poor kactors’ lips get slathered with too much pink or gloss? I don’t remember any particular, maybe PHS in SWDBS, but it is really distracting and wayyyyy too much. 

But because this show loves to give us closeups of our couple, face to face or into the camera... I keep having to stare at PSJ’s lips.... which are um, very becoming lol. Probably builds up the momentum when they FINALLY KISS. Lmao. 

Suffice to say I’m very excited. Dumdeedumdeedoooooo.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I haven't seen the fourth episode with subtitles yet and I haven't read the webtoon so this is just a wild speculation.

Spoiler

Maybe KMS followed LYJ when he was kidnapped and so she was kidnapped too? Or maybe she was never kidnapped but got lost in a forest where there were huge spiders when she was following the lady kidnapper who had her Oppa?

The latter makes more sense to me because she doesn't seem as scarred as LYJ, who has a phobia to cable ties. Also the flashback showed only LYJ with the kidnapper, KMS was no where around. Besides she asked her sisters if she had been lost somewhere, nothing about being kidnapped.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, MeritaG said:

Did you read the web novel? So, the story is complete, right? I meant I heard that the webtoon is not complete yet. I saw the webtoon until chapter 80. Thanks in advance.

WSK was originally a web novel and then it became a webtoon. So even though the webtoon is not finish, the novel is.

So there is already an ending :tongue:

Haha I didnt read it but my Korean friend who did gave me all the spoilers already. At least the major ones.

25 minutes ago, attriste said:

Same here, so I shall just focus on....lips hahahahah.

Does anyone feel like sometimes the poor kactors’ lips get slathered with too much pink or gloss? I don’t remember any particular, maybe PHS in SWDBS, but it is really distracting and wayyyyy too much. 

But because this show loves to give us closeups of our couple, face to face or into the camera... I keep having to stare at PSJ’s lips.... which are um, very becoming lol. Probably builds up the momentum when they FINALLY KISS. Lmao. 

Suffice to say I’m very excited. Dumdeedumdeedoooooo.

right gosh, it is difficult to keep my lips shut but i will try my best :tongue:

giphy.gif

hahah lol staring at his lips! I agree though, this drama does a lot of close up shots its hard not to stare at either one :tongue:

PMY is certainly become more of a girl crush....

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I haven't seen the fourth episode with subtitles yet and I haven't read the webtoon so this is just a wild speculation.

Reveal hidden contents

Maybe KMS followed LYJ when he was kidnapped and so she was kidnapped too? Or maybe she was never kidnapped but got lost in a forest where there were huge spiders when she was following the lady kidnapper who had her Oppa?

The latter makes more sense to me because she doesn't seem as scarred as LYJ, who has a phobia to cable ties. Also the flashback showed only LYJ with the kidnapper, KMS was no where around. Besides she asked her sisters if she had been lost somewhere, nothing about being kidnapped.

hey unnie.

about your speculation.

Spoiler

All I will say is that MS phobia of spiders and YJ's phobia of cable tires are linked. As to how its link, if you want to know I will tell you more privately (:

• Like 11

Spoiler

For girls who are waiting for a kiss, we probably won't get a kiss this early as according to the webtoon LYJ suffers from trauma which prevents him from going too close to any girl, once he tries to kiss KMS flowing in the momentary emotion but his reflexes suddenly rise up and he pushes her away almost violently.

I got the link to the webtoon and I've been trying to understand the story only through pics since its in Korean, I din't even get the time to watch ep 4 yet.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Even then I don't see it's his brother's fault (not the bullying part it was his fault). It must be soul killing seeing your parents favor your sibling more. I actually felt bad for him at the dinner table, he came back after 3 freaking years and his parents are just braging about how good YJ is. He doesn't feel this way because he wants to, I m sure even he doesn't want to feel inferior. And to be honest YJ words to him how weak and incompetent he is were not soft either (killing someone's confidence, I don't see how this is ok?). Inferiorty complex is just like depression , it is there and you can't do anything about it even if you know there's is something wrong with you. I personally feel bad for him and despise their parents tbh. Keep comparing your kids and destroy their peace of mind. 

As for the apology part I don't see the two of them are at fault. SJ thinks he is right hence he is living a miserable life. while YJ thinks he is right. That's why I said they should be locked in a room lol. Still it's just ep 4, alot of secrets will open up. 

Yes, it is painful to watch parents favoring one sibling over another. But my problem is that it is not the case here. It is clear that the parents love both children equally. Once the eldest son called his parents that he was in SK, the parents came back from Jeju immediately. During the dinner, the mother made the mistake to talk about KMS. Her intention was to tell her eldest son that LYJ has had a long and good relationship with someone. His social skills have improved which means that she is definitely seeing LYJ's flaws. She didn't realize that this topic was taboo for LYJ hence he redirected the conversation. Then the father started bragging about LYJ's skills. It was unfortunate to say such a thing but the father had never had the intention to say that LYJ is better than LSY. For the eldest son, it seems that they favor LYJ but it is not the case. Each word and action will be perceived as if they prefer LYJ or as if LYJ gets all the attention. As long as LYJ said nothing, LSY was happy... which is not right either because a family dinner means that all of them have to participate. I agree that the father made a mistake but it has nothing to do with favoritism. In my opinion, since the kidnapping the parents must feel guilty after what LYJ had been put through and have tried to overcompensate the pain. This also would explain why the father decided to make LYJ the Vice-president... to repay for the painful event. LYJ said that he is suffering from something he can't remember which means the kidnapping is taboo. The parents made sure that no one knows about it, yet LYJ is still suffering from the trauma. LSY is unaware of it. 

About LYJ's harsh words: it is a normal reaction of someone who is furious and hurt. Let me remind you that before LSY was actually telling him that he could steal KMS from him! LSY knows that LYJ doesn't have many friends or close person which was indicated by the mother during the dinner (see my remark above). We heard from LYJ in the episode 3 that LSY didn't just bully LYJ, he used his friends from the class to bully LYJ. In other words, he isolated his own brother so that he had no friend. When he told LYJ that he could go out with KMS, LYJ saw it like this: " I could go out with her so that I would be able to turn her against you". The brother saw it as a thread: he will use KMS in order to hurt him!! That's why LYJ described his own brother as weak and incompetent: he saw it as a confirmation that LSY still uses others in order to bully and hurt him. 

LSY needs to know about the kidnapping in order to understand that he was wrong all along. Moreover, he needs to apologize for the bully in the 4th grad. LYJ had no friends, so when he met KMS and he decided to have her as friend. She was much younger and didn't belong to the same social circle hence he could get a friend without his brother knowing it. But in my opinion, he must have told her his brother's name... which led to his kidnapping.

• Like 17

Hi everyone!! 

I’ve been silently reading all the posts but absolutely love this drama so thought of joining in! :) I’ve been following both actors for a while now and love their work!!   

Can’t wait for next week now. I haven’t read the webtoon or the web novel. Can someone please PM me some spoilers. :tongue: I don’t mind them.:D

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, it is painful to watch parents favoring one sibling over another. But my problem is that it is not the case here. It is clear that the parents love both children equally. Once the eldest son called his parents that he was in SK, the parents came back from Jeju immediately. During the dinner, the mother made the mistake to talk about KMS. Her intention was to tell her eldest son that LYJ has had a long and good relationship with someone. His social skills have improved which means that she is definitely seeing LYJ's flaws. She didn't realize that this topic was taboo for LYJ hence he redirected the conversation. Then the father started bragging about LYJ's skills. It was unfortunate to say such a thing but the father had never had the intention to say that LYJ is better than LSY. For the eldest son, it seems that they favor LYJ but it is not the case. Each word and action will be perceived as if they prefer LYJ or as if LYJ gets all the attention. As long as LYJ said nothing, LSY was happy... which is not right either because a family dinner means that all of them have to participate. I agree that the father made a mistake but it has nothing to do with favoritism. In my opinion, since the kidnapping the parents must feel guilty after what LYJ had been put through and have tried to overcompensate the pain. This also would explain why the father decided to make LYJ the Vice-president... to repay for the painful event. LYJ said that he is suffering from something he can't remember which means the kidnapping is taboo. The parents made sure that no one knows about it, yet LYJ is still suffering from the trauma. LSY is unaware of it. 

About LYJ's harsh words: it is a normal reaction of someone who is furious and hurt. Let me remind you that before LSY was actually telling him that he could steal KMS from him! LSY knows that LYJ doesn't have many friends or close person which was indicated by the mother during the dinner (see my remark above). We heard from LYJ in the episode 3 that LSY didn't just bully LYJ, he used his friends from the class to bully LYJ. In other words, he isolated his own brother so that he had no friend. When he told LYJ that he could go out with KMS, LYJ saw it like this: " I could go out with her so that I would be able to turn her against you". The brother saw it as a thread: he will use KMS in order to hurt him!! That's why LYJ described his own brother as weak and incompetent: he saw it as a confirmation that LSY still uses others in order to bully and hurt him. 

LSY needs to know about the kidnapping in order to understand that he was wrong all along. Moreover, he needs to apologize for the bully in the 4th grad. LYJ had no friends, so when he met KMS and he decided to have her as friend. She was much younger and didn't belong to the same social circle hence he could get a friend without his brother knowing it. But in my opinion, he must have told her his brother's name... which led to his kidnapping.

you make a good point.

I think LSY could see that the topic of MS was something that was sort of taboo for YJ - at least with his parents and his brother. That's why he changed the topic rather suddenly. And he was up in YJ's face about MS, so I agree that YJ's words and reaction was indeed normal for the situation.

I believe that LSY due to the inferior character he has towards his brother, truly believes that he is not victim not YJ. Rather that YJ is the bad one in his mind, as such for him to say that he is willing to forgive YJ is actually in fact not true because he was not the victim of the kidnapping or of the bullying but rather YJ was the victim all along.

• Like 10

Guys, I’m desperately searching for the handbag that PMY wore during their amusement park date. Anybody know where I could find that information? I totally fell in love with it and now I’m obsessing over it. :D 

20_AD536_D-_E1_CD-47_AC-9_C6_C-452_FBE52

61476291-0002-4613-_BCB5-234296121798.pn

8_AEA1315-5370-4_E60-9280-_E481_EE71_A41

• Like 9

Just saw the latest episode and my faves @MrsSoJiSub @USAFarmgirl @bebebisous33 are here and thanks to others for your efforts to keep us informed with goodies, articles, translations, pics etc.

Loving the OTP and this episode that COW is working hard to hide her unmentionables from the boss. LOL. I agree with @USAFarmgirl the cow is adorbs. I remember the last time I wanted the stuffed animal was in My Name is Kim Sam Soon and the Pig Rabbit in You're Beautiful. LOL. Or how they are slowly getting closer and every time they are physically close to each other the heightened awareness.

The boss saying did I ever say you are beautiful and then take it back. Mentions if she wears perfume but learns it is just her shampoo buy 1 get 1 (lol not some expensive exotic scent). I do love her outfits and her high ponytail is adorbs. She is TOTAL girl crush material and just her visuals throughout I feel she is a walking model no joke. Or saying she wants an ordinary romance to get a hug after a long weary day---awww. Attending to his wounds on his mouth or his ankle as the efficient secretary while cancelling is appointments to take care and rest. Or when he learns he has to up the Arts center dates she takes on the challenge without hesitation. She gives alternate answers to NO/Maybes ie the copy right situation, artwork no being done---finish it at the arts center. Very fast and efficient reminding our boss she is his ever efficient Secretary Kim Miso.

The brothers as analyzed others are definitely having alot of hurt and need to talk it out. Both blaming the other and when the Hyung bullied YJ and his friends. Plus the kidnapping encounter did not help him but the trauma. Hyung doesn't help being all --I will forgive you and I am the bigger person. Plus rudely mentions he will take away Secretary Kim from him. To threaten, why do you not introduce her and worry I will date her and take her away? Wow that is so high and mighty. (But by then he realized who she was after seeing her name tag after she gave a fake number. So he was interested by her looks first. But she admitted if he was the author she would not have given a fake number. Well she will find out next episode he is the guy she is looking for .) But now he knows who she is, he DEFINITELY will work to get her away from YJ. I doubt he will be successful as our OTP have a lot of time to be together and their attraction though simmering ---we NEED some kisses to make up for all this FULL body contact. SIGH.

YJ friend is a true one. As pointed out earlier, when YJ leaned on MS after hurtng his ankle, he warned the guy---if you want to transfer to India do not go to YJ. So TRUE!  He knows our YJ so well that he NEVER allows a female to touch him. Plus it is obvious he is showing feelings and not realizing it (but now this episode he does and his saying he will be putting all his attentions to MS. I am looking forward to their date.  His confession to MS, will it be sabatoged by his hyung?!

Yes, on the parents loving both sons. Things don't always seem the same and the same words and situation can be construed differently based on POV as mentioned by others. So true. If you refuse to communicate and just have that elephant in the room (the kidnapping) it will only continue to cause issues. The stubborness and lack of HONESTY and understanding to be true to each other is stifling. Hope they can work it out. We have alot of drama left to do it.

Just rambling, but if you made it this far thanks for a reading.

Not read the webtoon, so I enjoy reading the spoilers here and there. Don't bother me at all. But curious what will happen.

• Like 11