[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

48 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Even in this clip, the scene goes from funny charged with innuendo (Does MS really not know the implication of offering a man ramen in her room? YJ clearly does, however, even if he's willing to ignore it. LOL ) to straight up sincere emotion from his heart.

So glad to see you translating some clips for this show! :D I didn't know about the ramen thing until you mentioned it, and that scene is a lot funnier knowing what it means! Aww, Mi So.

Edit: New article from Soompi: “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Writer Reveals Thoughts On Casting And What Viewers Should Look Forward To

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah his bro going to become the creepy stalker of her or something.

@dramaninja... i agree with you. I find him creepy already.

The almost fight scene felt so purposeful like he wanted LYJ to get into trouble. I think LYJ’s brother doesn’t think he did anything wrong. Is LYJ’s memory false, is his brother psychopath, is the trauma LYJ suffer false? I think LYJ’s trauma is real , he has the scar to prove it so why does the brother think LYJ should be thanksful to him. I would think as on older brother he shouldn’t be punching his brother so his brother can be thankful of him. 

The brother are so different and I am afraid Mi So will cause the brother to fight more. I also think that because of her being such a nice person will push and make YJ more colder to her until her memory comes back. Then she will have to work hard to get back in his good graces. 

• Like 7

The parents look like they're deliberately cheerful in consideration of YJ's sad childhood experience. If I may theorize, his current persona is a coping mechanism against his troubles in the past. And here comes teddy bear hyung, trying to get along with him as if that past is not that grave. 

People may say that it's all in the past or it might not have been as serious as YJ perceives it to be. But we heal at different rates. His cable tie phobia and his strong antagonism against his brother are signs that there's more to this family.

• Like 7

Get you a friend like the president aka Joon's bff/subordiante/the only person who seems to both stand him, can't stand him, and fear him/a character's name I need to learn. He a real one. I laughed so hard when he stopped the driver from going to help Joon. "Stop if you don't want to be transferred to India" LOL. Real recognize real, and he can clearly see his bff is in love with his Kim Mi So. I adore his and Joon's every scene together. It cracks me up watching him barely be able to hold his side eyes and want to eye roll whenever Joon is all "I'm not in love with her" but then does everything that shows the opposite. 

Kim Mi So is my hero. I adore the girl. A part of me feels she is aware of Joon's feelings for her (though she may not take them seriously right now or think it's love love/like like) and is playing him like a fiddle and enjoying herself while doing so. I love when he gets all arrogant....only for her to bring him down 20 pegs. When he was all "you can date me" and she's just nah, you're not my type, and boom he crashes (PSJ has the best reaction faces that always crack me up). When he goes in for the kiss..and bam she blocks him with the work a lot cow-tee doll. He's all 'you're mesmerized by my looks and are charmed by my interrupting your blind date right'.....no, you got a leaf on your shirt LOL. I love it. I also really really enjoy how she puts herself first and although she is being charmed and blockbuster cursed by all of CEO's wooing, she keeps herself grounded, tries not to read too much into things, and tries to keep a level head and not fall into a fairytale that could end in her heart break. Although her sister is wrong, I enjoy that Mi So questions CEO's recent behavior and believed that it could all simply be possession and not genuine feelings of like.  All of this keeps her feeling real and relatable imho. PMY is gorgeous (that carousel ride. It was like a CF. I wanted to go out and buy a carousel/ride one after watching her happily enjoy it) and is killing the role. 

Oh CEO. How I love when a guy falls first and tries (even if he is not aware) to woo the girl. Although he does these big charming things, the moments I love the most are the quiet softer moments when he is not trying to woo her and just is. I like when he attempts to understand Kim Mi So, meet her at her level and get to know her and her him, without the games. Basically I enjoy when he stops with the games and just talks with her, watches her through his office window, hangs around her, or just marvels at her as she does her ordinary things. I await the day he opens up to her about his past. My working theory right now is that he may be adopted -which is why his hyung hates him. the adopted son who is loved and adored just as much or maybe in his opinion more than him the real son- and was kidnapped in his hyung's place. Even if not adopted I feel that his family once let him go in place of his hyung and was kidnapped/taken. The feelings of regret, remorse, etc has his parents overcompensating for that choice even into adulthood, and the guilt/anger/regret/fall out and jealousy that came after, has his hyung feeling whatever he feels towards him now. I think he's adopted only because in Mi So's dream she calls the boy by the wrong surname as Lee and he reminds her that no, it's now _____. He was kidnapped and chained hence his trauma related to those wire thingy and the scaring on his leg. Yeah I think identities were switched and one brother was taken in place of the other and that is why his hyung can never say that he Joon wasn't considerate. 

I ship our couple with the fire of a thousand burning suns and await them to confess, kiss, and be together (the order doesn't matter LOL). Their bickering like a married couple. The mutual trust and respect. The years of history. The sizzling chemistry. The opposites yet they fit......JUST CONFESS AND BE TOGETHER AND GIVE ME LOTS AND LOTS OF ADORABLE DATING SCENES ALREADY!! This is the cracktastic rom-com I been waiting on (and wanted Wok of Love to be). Thank you drama gods for delivering. 

ETA: Could the brothers conflict be a misunderstanding. Maybe one thinks the other didn't come for them or something but the other did. Like,  a " I wrote you 365 letters. I wrote you everyday for a year..." situation (yes I'm quoting the Notebook) where one thinks the other didn't care or look for them but they really did. The other was all angry like "you didn't look for me" and the other is all "why you so cold. I looked for you everywhere even though I treated you wrong when we was young you're still my brother. I missed you but you going to act like this then forget you." and they kept it up for years and their parents just need to lock them in a room and have them talk and hug it out. Omg, is it like School 2013 where they call each other bastards and throw fists but what they really mean is "I love you and I missed you this whole time' so "didn't you miss me, you bastard?". Please drama gods let it be this so I can get into those kinds of feels again. 

ETA 2: Maybe both were taken and the parents had to make a decision and one was chosen over the other (lawds that would be all shades of messed up and I would completely understand one resenting their parents and their sibling) or one volunteered to stay and let the other go.....obviously feelings of sacrifice and ingratitude is stirring (I assume from the clip I've seen) but why....Joon couldn't hit hyung after seeing his parents especially mom in tears....he feels indebted to them so he can't hurt hyung (their birth son?) so he stayed? He's not their birth son....did they adopt him before or after the kidnapping?....Does he feel he has to be the perfect son, to make up for something....perfection is his show of gratitude or apology? Or is it guilt like you did make the right choice in choosing me. He's trying to compensate for choices made...Is he sorry to them or is he thankful or resentful...MIstaken identity but was it done on purpose? One was taken over the other who was suppose to be taken...at the same time some Cain and Abel is happening. Jealousy of the seemingly beloved child without one realizing the beloved child also faced hardships and trauma because of all the love and expectations and responsibilities....Yeah just lock them in a room and let them beat each other and then talk and hug it out. Hyung better not use our Mi So to get at Joon. 

• Like 10

For me, the brother thinks that LYJ did him wrong because LYJ became the vice-president instead of him. He was the eldest son as such, he should have received the position Vice-president. Like LYJ said, he was so smart that he ended up in the same class than his brother. The latter couldn't deal with the pressure hence he resented him and bullied him. He was jealous. However, his brother has never put himself in LYJ's shoes: the latter was put as much under pressure as his brother. He was trained to become perfect... 

But in my opinion, when LYJ met KMS as a child, he must have given her his brother's name hence he got kidnapped in his place. I also think that KMS must have told this to the woman with red heels, unaware of her action as she was a child. I don't think, the brother knows about the kidnapping. This would explain why LYJ said that he shouldn't be considerate to his hyung and her.

LYJ is indeed suffering from a huge trauma: the kidnapping and the bullying. He looks at himself in the mirror in order to see if he appears shining as he was caught in a dark place. To me, the light is linked to the kidnapping.  

• Like 14

Annyeong everyone

Whew I marathon Ep1-3 with subs and then Ep4 raw. Park Seo Joon always deliver. No wonder he's one of my fave actors. Park Min Young is very pretty here and so petite along side Park Seo Joon. I noticed that certain angles, PMY looks older now. Anyway I enjoy her acting as well.

I see my chingus are here too @bebebisous33 @nonski @ck1Oz @UnniSarah

No roll call today @nonski chingu?

• Like 5

carousel-gif-10.gifCute_Simple_Kawaii_Farm_Animal_Cartoon_I1528919732_hqdefault.jpg

Things seem to be moving just about as fast as this carousal and how can you not love the expressions and bursts of emotions that these two are providing and just like fireworks they are quickly warming our hearts!!  Not to mention the energy that is felt and moves between them like an on and off switch that just doesn't stop...

Connections that exist between them that they themselves are in the dark about.  Like an already married couple that started long ago, journals for work with pictures that are more like a family album full of memories which still make MS smile.  This writer gives new meaning and not just romance, a sort of physical sexiness to MS tying YJ's tie.  Not to mention the no shirt and shower scene are a nice touch too!! LOL:blink: Physical or dating they may not have had that or did they?  Getting to know someone, being with them, seeing their strengths as well as their weaknesses day after day, year after year...

She says she wants her own life.  He says " you never said you didn't want to do it "

When looking back over nine years of ones life all that you have learned, shared and experienced together.  Molded and even changed yourself to fit another's life. 

She may accept it as choice or not but that too is living.

For she cannot erase the memories that are forever placed...

Taking care of him like a wife having even the things he needs in her purse.  Even in knowing what he is going to ask before he even asks for it.  YJ may not know everything about MS but I have a feeling he knows more than she realizes.  He says he needs her whether its need or want that too is a reflection of love.  Yet it's having someone you trust and can count on, who is always there.  Seeing MS's excitement on the carousal I just loved that view.  YS was so focused on MS you could almost see her smile within his eyes and feel his pleasure within them too...

As if there isn't enough beauty they add the sweetest stuffed cow!!! My idea of the perfect gift and ending for any occasion!!!

My first thought!  I need that!!!

:w00t:Still thinking that now!!!!:w00t:

@USAFarmgirl I really enjoyed your last comment!! What caught my attention during their date is that 

• he never mentioned it as a date, well aware that she would reject him
  • he is a good listener. When she told him that a man should give his jacket to keep the woman warm, he followed her advice, but not right away in order to surprise her. She thinks, he doesn't listen to her but she is wrong.
  • his idea of a blockbuster date was actually really good. He was right, KMS couldn't help comparing their date to the date with the journalist.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@dramaninja... i agree with you. I find him creepy already.

The almost fight scene felt so purposeful like he wanted LYJ to get into trouble. I think LYJ’s brother doesn’t think he did anything wrong. Is LYJ’s memory false, is his brother psychopath, is the trauma LYJ suffer false? I think LYJ’s trauma is real , he has the scar to prove it so why does the brother think LYJ should be thanksful to him. I would think as on older brother he shouldn’t be punching his brother so his brother can be thankful of him. 

The brother are so different and I am afraid Mi So will cause the brother to fight more. I also think that because of her being such a nice person will push and make YJ more colder to her until her memory comes back. Then she will have to work hard to get back in his good graces. 

I don't know he's annoying to me already. Like he started the whole fighting between them and as a hyung he has no respect for his younger brother, it was LYJ who held back on punching him and saw the looks on his parent's face. 

I haven't read the webtoon, yet, but I'm starting to dislike the brother. Like it seems like he likes to torture LYJ on purpose. 

@baranblaq OMG! That drawing of the cow with LYJ and KMS is soo cute! 

• Like 6

For science. :wink:

Looks like Seo Joonie slimmed down a bit compared to his Fight My Way physique where he was really buffed.

Fight My Way:

8_E4_DBCB0-4_A4_E-47_E4-_B7_CC-30_BAA506

536_CB6_F6-3_E27-4_DD7-842_C-129_DB418_B

Why Secretary Kim:

1_A38_C8_DB-_B4_F5-4_AB5-9_FA6-_F5934_BE

92319358-_C7_F3-479_F-_B3_F3-_E0_CAB4_C2

Also he went from an airhead to a genius :lol:

9_F940_FA2-300_A-46_BE-_B509-_E4568_CE75

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Thanks 2

I know a lot of people are (I mean all) against his older brother at this point. But tbh I can see where's he coming from. There's obviously a misunderstanding between them where bro thinks YJ did something wrong, and YJ never clarified the situation? Nevertheless he comes back in a happy mood (may be his intentions aren't good) but if we assume that he really came back to reconcile he was treated quite badly lol. They need to be locked in a room lol (like school 2013, someone did mention this above I think)

Also , in the preview both brothers have sleeping issue I mean nightmares, I mean why his brother? Wasn't YJ the only one who got kidnapped?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

My awww :love: ep 4  " Just for a little while 

Let me stay like this for a little while 

From now on I am going to be madly in love with you .... 

so of course i wanted "Every moment was you" ..in english...and i don't see it coming up 

• Like 7

I just love the chemistry between the main leads!!:heart: It is the most amazing and agonizing drama that i have to wait each week for. I am so curious if PJY parent are siding with the older brother. PJY seems to always tolerant all the problems that other people are giving him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

I know a lot of people are (I mean all) against his older brother at this point. But tbh I can see where's he coming from. There's obviously a misunderstanding between them where bro thinks YJ did something wrong, and YJ never clarified the situation? Nevertheless he comes back in a happy mood (may be his intentions aren't good) but if we assume that he really came back to reconcile he was treated quite badly lol. They need to be locked in a room lol (like school 2013, someone did mention this above I think)

Also , in the preview both brothers have sleeping issue I mean nightmares, I mean why his brother? Wasn't YJ the only one who got kidnapped?

Well, the misunderstanding is already visible during the dinner. He was happy, when he got his parents' attention and LYJ was quiet. But then the mother mentioned KMS in front of the brother which annoyed LYJ hence the vice-president started talking about his work because he wanted to avoid that subject. Right now, he is really confused about KMS and his feelings for her. By talking about work, he was able to redirect the conversation. However, the father started praising LYJ for his skills. He even declared that he was smart because of him. He had inherited his good genes. This remark made the hyung feel as if he was not good compared to LYJ. In his mind, LYJ had started talking about work in order to draw the parents' attention to himself, in order to make him feel weak and little. But he is wrong... LYJ had another intention in his mind. It had nothing to do with him. The brother only sees himself as the victim, yet I don't doubt that LYJ was bullied in the past.

The hyung has definitely an inferiority complex. His inferiority complex is visible in another occasion: he doesn't want to be recognized as Morpheus because the moment his face appears, he knows, he will be connected to LYJ and he will be compared again.

My problem with the brother is that what he said, when they met after 3 years. He claims that he forgives him. His words are showing that LYJ did something wrong to him, in fact the brother is actually expecting LYJ to feel remorseful and ask for forgiveness. Yet, he remains unclear about the wrongdoing. He blames LYJ for everything.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Taehwanie is trying so hard to look like he's older than PSJ. In the scene where the family are eating, he looks like a beaming teenager. But he's good in action scenes and has a believable crying face when he breaks down, which they might utilize if things go the dark route. PSJ is 185 cm tall, and there aren't that many actors that tower him. Taehwanie looks even taller than he is because of his lean figure. But I'm curious whether they specifically looked for someone taller than PSJ. Is height material to the backstory?

If it's psycho hyung mode they're after, they could have cast Kang Ki Young for the role instead. His acting is more nuanced and he's scary when he goes psycho mode, like what he did in While You Were Sleeping. But he's also a comedy staple and so casting him as the funny director is not that bad either.

Here are the two as high schoolers hahaha

Spoiler

a.jpg

• Like 9

@MrsSoJiSub @USAFarmgirl @bebebisous33... Chingu's loved all your comments and they made so much sense. Can't wait to see who's POV comes true. 

@alekaonu... So good to see you chingu. 

51 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I haven't read the webtoon, yet, but I'm starting to dislike the brother. Like it seems like he likes to torture LYJ on purpose. 

@turtle0217... Exatly chingu, that is the vibe I am getting from the punch in the face. He remained cute and sweet in front of his parents but with YJ he was so aggressive and wanted to make YJ look bad in front of his parents. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, the misunderstanding is already visible during the dinner. He was happy, when he got his parents' attention and LYJ was quiet. But then the mother mentioned KMS in front of the brother which annoyed LYJ hence the vice-president started talking about his work because he wanted to avoid that subject. Right now, he is really confused about KMS and his feelings for her. By talking about work, he was able to redirect the conversation. However, the father started praising LYJ for his skills. He even declared that he was smart because of him. He had inherited his good genes. This remark made the hyung feel as if he was not good compared to LYJ. In his mind, LYJ had started talking about work in order to draw the parents' attention to himself, in order to make him feel weak and little. But he is wrong... LYJ had another intention in his mind. It had nothing to do with him. The brother only sees himself as the victim, yet I don't doubt that LYJ was bullied in the past.

The hyung has definitely an inferiority complex. His inferiority complex is visible in another occasion: he doesn't want to be recognized as Morpheus because the moment his face appears, he knows, he will be connected to LYJ and he will be compared again.

My problem with the brother is that what he said, when they met after 3 years. He claims that he forgives him. His words are showing that LYJ did something wrong to him, in fact the brother is actually expecting LYJ to feel remorseful and ask for forgiveness. Yet, he remains unclear about the wrongdoing. He blames LYJ for everything.

Even then I don't see it's his brother's fault (not the bullying part it was his fault). It must be soul killing seeing your parents favor your sibling more. I actually felt bad for him at the dinner table, he came back after 3 freaking years and his parents are just braging about how good YJ is. He doesn't feel this way because he wants to, I m sure even he doesn't want to feel inferior. And to be honest YJ words to him how weak and incompetent he is were not soft either (killing someone's confidence, I don't see how this is ok?). Inferiorty complex is just like depression , it is there and you can't do anything about it even if you know there's is something wrong with you. I personally feel bad for him and despise their parents tbh. Keep comparing your kids and destroy their peace of mind. 

As for the apology part I don't see the two of them are at fault. SJ thinks he is right hence he is living a miserable life. while YJ thinks he is right. That's why I said they should be locked in a room lol. Still it's just ep 4, alot of secrets will open up. 

• Like 3