Add and Subtract Game

Admin

25 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Well, firstly I am from India. 

As for Goa, it is in my list, but I am not really that excited to go there, compared to Kerala or Eastern States of India. Wouldn't mind going to Goa though, but as I said, if I have the option, I will choose Kerala over it, since it has got more things to offer. 

+2

I've been in Kerala and Karnataka some years ago. Too much food! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

What amazes me a lot is that "Tragic love" genre has been there for centuries and still it can attract people to it, if it is well written.

historically, in most literature, people who fall in love all die and have tragic endings. that was more common than happy endings. so yea, for long time, love was a kind of luxury. from a literary view, I feel like most rom-coms these days are really boring because they have no bite to them. there is no real emotion or conflict or dpeth and so it feels flat and mostly flakey. something that would be quickly forgotten after a season. if I have to think of a romance movie/drama I really liked, I feel like I have to think back quite a while ago. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

11 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

historically, in most literature, people who fall in love all die and have tragic endings. that was more common than happy endings. so yea, for long time, love was a kind of luxury. from a literary view, I feel like most rom-coms these days are really boring because they have no bite to them. there is no real emotion or conflict or dpeth and so it feels flat and mostly flakey. something that would be quickly forgotten after a season. if I have to think of a romance movie/drama I really liked, I feel like I have to think back quite a while ago. :sweatingbullets:

You are actually right here, Chingu. Thing is, writing a tragic love story requires more work than writing a rom-com, even if it is an average Tragic Love Story, mainly because the main point is for the viewers to feel the emotions portrayed.

Now of course doing it through screens is much easier now, and main reason for the likes of Romeo and Juliet, Layla Majnun being so famous is that they did the same through the words in a book. Yes, Romeo and Juliet was more of a play and was supposed to be played on stage, but Layla Majnun was a story passed on and the author of Shirin Farhad wrote it in a form of poem. So it takes a lot to make people feel that way just through words and books than the screen. So the reason we still hear their names and see series/movies been made on their basic plot shows how brilliant those works were. 

But on the other than, I for one, very rarely go for tragic love. Not that I don't like it, I have watched a lot of movies based on this genre, but then again, I don't always go for it. I usually watch rom-coms for the comic relief, and this is the reason I watch less rom-coms in a year than other genre. 

+2

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

where are you from ?

@Min2206 @Sleepy Owl @joccu @Thong Thin

Malaysia

54 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@Min2206

kim jung hyun is my new oppa whom am gonna add new to my long list of “oppadeuls”

Mr Queen is my first drama of Kim Jung Hyun ! 

Read that he is very famous and loved in SKorea now, even internationally cos of his portrayal as the King in Mr Queen - including Shin Hye Sun.   Lucky break! 

Gotta run

• Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

12 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You are actually right here, Chingu. Thing is, writing a tragic love story requires more work than writing a rom-com, even if it is an average Tragic Love Story, mainly because the main point is for the viewers to feel the emotions portrayed.

well said chingu. tragedy written well can really tug at your hearts. you get pulled in to feeling so much of the unfairness that you want to cry even though you know it is just a story. when it is below average, you just roll your eyes and fast forward. hahahah... from a literature historical view, ancient greek plays really went for a lot of tragedies. the reason was the culture was very stoic. people didn't believe in expressing their emotions and so watching a tragedy play out on stage was a relief and gave catharsis. it allowed the audience to release all that pent up sadness in their heart and to walk back home a little lighter -- that was the original intent of entertainment. people make fun of makjang kdramas but you should read the ancient literature -- it is filled with affairs, all sorts of tragedies that could be stopped if people just talked to each other and all sorts of madness. those were the origins of all our modern makjang soaps. in a way, it is interesting that the nature of humans haven't changed. we are just as stupid as we were hundreds of years ago. it is why all these tragic love stories still vibe with us even now.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

21 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

well said chingu. tragedy written well can really tug at your hearts. you get pulled in to feeling so much of the unfairness that you want to cry even though you know it is just a story. when it is below average, you just roll your eyes and fast forward.

Yep well said. This is the reason I mostly go for animes with tragic back stories. I don't prefer to watch any kind of romance in dramas, series or movies but if it is minimal and subtle I can work with it. Most of the times if I am watching something and it has heavy romance, I usually skip those parts. But again it is different with animes. I don't know why I prefer that genre in animes but not for series and movies. 

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 6

2 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Yep well said. This is the reason I mostly go for animes with tragic back stories. I don't prefer to watch any kind of romance in dramas, series or movies but if it is minimal and subtle I can work with it. Most of the times if I am watching something and it has heavy romance, I usually skip those parts. But again it is different with animes. I don't know why I prefer that genre in animes but not for series and movies. 

when I watched anime, I found the romance better structure and almost more poignant. one of my favourite anime was escaflowne and I found it really romantic. it had a bittersweet kind of ending. you don't see so many plot holes in anime for some reason whereas in movies and dramas, you start eye rolling at the inconsistencies.  in anime, those plot holes just add to the charm for some reason. :sweatingbullets: you don't question if there is chemistry or if there is a real connection between the OTP in animation, you just buy it even if it is a simple disney cartoon. hahahah....

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 4

8 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

when I watched anime, I found the romance better structure and almost more poignant. one of my favourite anime was escaflowne and I found it really romantic. it had a bittersweet kind of ending. you don't see so many plot holes in anime for some reason whereas in movies and dramas, you start eye rolling at the inconsistencies.  in anime, those plot holes just add to the charm for some reason. :sweatingbullets: you don't question if there is chemistry or if there is a real connection between the OTP in animation, you just buy it even if it is a simple disney cartoon. hahahah....

True. I havent seen that anime. I will add it to my list. One of the reasons why I could not watch many animes or dramas nowadays is because I rewatch a lot. Like this is my 3rd time rewatching Naruto (minus fillers). In Romance anime I loved "Your Lie in April" and in tragic genre "I want to eat your pancreas". Feel free to recommend me some good animes, this year I am on my anime binge with 3-4 kdramas.

• Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

@Lmangla you are right about it, I read about the greek plays long ago. The tragic dramas or let's say stories, could actually be more relatable, not actually with the tragic love, but with the whole theme, as they would try to for more realistic scenarios and also include the more alarming issues of the society. As for rom-com, as I said I like them, but these days, a lot of rom-coms are more like a fairy tale, which lack the realistic touch. You might enjoy it, but cannot relate to it. 

My parents prefer comedy, mainly because they say "life is already chaotic, so we want to watch something happy" and that is actually the beauty that lies in Comedies. I lookout for good romantic comedies, but not many impress me. Some of them especially in dramas, are overloaded with romance, so much that literally nothing happens plot wise, or they just try to force the humor, which makes things worse. 

19 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

As for anime, since they are animated, it opens a lot of possibilities for them to include it as a sub-genre too. Not something which you can see easily happen in live action movies or dramas, and I actually love the overall story telling of Japanese Mangas, Anime and also a couple of movies I have seen. And not only you feel the emotions in the anime, you can actually feel it while reading Manga. 

Thing is I don't really mind the genre, but the realism and how interesting the plot is what matters for me. How realistic the plot can be, how they portray the emotions and how well the plot develops. Of course, here sci-fi can be an exception, since no matter how good of a theory you present, it still does not stay that realistic. 

37 minutes ago, joccu said:

@Sleepy Owl I honestly could not even to try and finished it. I have lot of respect that you tried to watch it to the end.  Some dramas are just not worth the time.

I either drop the dramas before the half way mark, or don't. Sometimes there are some WTH moments that happened in dramas in the later episodes, which if had happened earlier, I would have dropped the drama. For me, that drama had quite an interesting story, but somehow, I could not really like it, I guess. There was something happening which I didn't really around those episodes. So dropped it. 

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 5

@Min2206 @sadthe1st

wooah Malaysia is a place that I wish to visit (one among my dream destination) !:happy2:

@joccu finland is a beautiful country. Can foreigners settle there ? 
Are there a lot of foreigners ?! 

I just love the education system over there,(one of the best education system in the world) and the respect and wages they give to teachers !

Guess you know acc. To UN Finland ranked the happiest country in the world (#1) in 2020.

I wish to settle over there, the country too peace and harmony hand in hand.

:heartxoxo:
Would foreigners get a teaching job over there ? :sparklyeyes:

I fall in love with Finland through this video (4 years ago) !

• Like 1
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6

26 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

True. I havent seen that anime. I will add it to my list. One of the reasons why I could not watch many animes or dramas nowadays is because I rewatch a lot. Like this is my 3rd time rewatching Naruto (minus fillers). In Romance anime I loved "Your Lie in April" and in tragic genre "I want to eat your pancreas". Feel free to recommend me some good animes, this year I am on my anime binge with 3-4 kdramas.

it has been so many years that I don't remember actually many of the names I enjoyed. I was thinking of this one series that had humans and fairies fighting wars in a kind of hobbit-type story but can't place the name. there was some comedies like inyuasha, raman and one about a female witch. what was the name? lina? I like movies like nauiscaa which is a miyazaki classic but many have not seen. total pity. most of the animes that I used to watch are considered classic now.....

I was trying to find a good trailer of escaflowne but just giving you the opening song which gives you feel. don't watch the movie -- that was just dumb in my opinion. the series is what makes it a classic.

• Love 2
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 5

2 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Backwaters, waterfalls, mountain greenery and rain is what I love the most in Kerala

really beautiful!!

Sakura Card Captors Love GIF

2 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Sidetracked to a happy clip from Mr Queen

lol he is funny!

hi everyone!!

i'm finally back home after my dental appointment.. as usual, i lugged more cny goodies to my mom's place along with some freshly made kuehs as well.

now i need to go have a good hot bath.. settled down with a cup of teh tarik then continue the UC ep from sunday..

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 6

I have ordered omurice today for lunch. Yes I'm eating lunch only now. Its almost 5pm here....sigh. Anyways I've always wanted to try omurice since I saw it in one of the Taiwanese series. I know its nothing much, just rice wrapped in egg, but I'm still excited. 

• Like 5
  • Thirsty 1
  • Blob 6