Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

I’m paying attention but I’m still not getting it. I’m not a liberal arts student. Where can I vote? I want the GJP badge! :lol:

Is there even such a badge available?

I have also noticed the badges are running out of stock:lol:

• LOL 5

8 hours ago, madmad min said:

Haha Yes I did on 2 different Platforms, The Translations on Viki and Netflix are a bit different at times. plus Viki's version Looks more etheral for Joseon Era.

My Fav Scene was handsdown when Dam Ryung jumped into water and Hugged Se Hwa, he was attacked but manged to save her and slightly smiled before dying, when She discovered she also killed herself with the same harpoon, It was Poetically Tragic end for Joseon End.(I wish they showed that part more)

Also the scene where HJJ gets his memory back and HJJ/DAM Ryung are speaking at the same time in HJJ head (the Boy who will eventually hear the Meramaid's voice The Boy who loved her was Me), LMH was exceptional at that time. Episode 10/11 climax.

:offtospace:

@madmad min, very much agree with you - I've mentioned the same thing as well on some previous pages on this. :blush:

• Love 2

Being frankly sincere I would say his the most significiant actor of the last decade not only in Asia but in the whole world. He had a cultural impactful on top of that. there is Nobody from other countries in the whole wide world in that decade who can chellenge him for that

• Like 7
  • Awesome 3

While being on the topic of his hair and his eyes, I was thinking what other traits of LMH you guys like the most?  My favorite is when he makes the 'aahh" sound when he is frustrated, irritated. He is so cute and sexy at the same time. For example, in TKEM final episode when they return to Corea again, and he makes this sound before saying that he just left a few hours back.  I have noticed this in Faith, The Heirs, LoTBS and just once in TKEM. Can't remember if he did it in City Hunter or BOF. I'm thinking it is his unique trait - is it so? Seniors and Kdrama experts? 

Noob here on GIFs or videos. If anyone would be kind enough to put that up please? Thanks!

• Like 9

11 hours ago, scrawford said:

We are all different and so some people get Faith right away and for me, i have to really endure the Saeguk background since it's not my cup of tea.

Glad you're hangin' in there, @scrawford!  I think you'll be well-rewarded.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aleumdaun said:

While being on the topic of his hair and his eyes, I was thinking what other traits of LMH you guys like the most?  My favorite is when he makes the 'aahh" sound when he is frustrated, irritated. He is so cute and sexy at the same time.

I like the Frustrated Aushh/AAh as well. My Fav would be his Action Movements. He cannot dance properly but Man his Action Movements are SMOOTH like a Dancer!!!

And his Comic Timing. :D He can do Comedy while Keeping a Straight Face , not many actors can do that.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

You mean sassy not boyish. You want him to be comedic and playful but not offiicial or statesman like 

I mean looks boyish. Here are some examples of him looking extremely boyish:-

ee1e2528328c76f767432e34713b6acf.jpg&f=1

th?id=OIP.dgleITZQi9hsDeFOtcGo6QHaE7%26p

nnZL5Ej.gif&key=600726d2cf2d472794cfe29a

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I like the Frustrated Aushh/AAh as well. My Fav would be his Action Movements. He cannot dance properly but Man his Action Movements are SMOOTH like a Dancer!!!

And his Comic Timing. :D He can do Comedy while Keeping a Straight Face , not many actors can do that.

Agreed, his action movements and comic scenes are lovely.  I have watched his actions scenes on repeat a number of times.. so stylish and graceful! 

I like Hoe Joon Jae's 'zipping his mouth' action very much. :wub:

• Like 7

8 hours ago, zaingh said:

This talk about his hair, how about you post three pics of your favorite  hair style of him which you think is the best and like the most. And sorry I still don,t know how to post pics so I can,t post mine .

Yes!! Good idea!!! :)

@zaingh  in different post, next page, I tagged you and explained how to post pics :) 

I share my favorite hair color and style from LMH below:

img%5D :heart2beat:

img%5D  :heart3:

img%5D

img%5D

I chose these 4 as my favorite style and color for LMH and shared above!! 

I challenge @CarolynH  @SophieH@Heretorant @Layali @leeminhosny @Min2206  @Thong Thin @willenette @yuiy78 @gtLmh0622@Miss Pizza @Kris Silva @scrawford @CallieP @Joanna Alfson  @Elnin Joery  @1ouise @mademoisellesia @msdot @mychoiyoung  @Aleumdaun @Narine Joa 

@madmad min @syntyche

to participate in this game :D Share 3-4 of your favorite hair color LMH had in the past or present. 

:happydance:

edit: if you are busy, or not able to share pictures and post, don't worry about it and ignore my post! :approves:

• Like 7
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

17 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

I am assuming that he changed it to lighter first then changed it back again to slightly darker and I am thinking he changed it 3 times in short span of time. TKEM color -> Blonde light -> dark light in his latest 

There are some coloring brands that go darker after some period.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Being frankly sincere I would say his the most significiant actor of the last decade not only in Asia but in the whole world. He had a cultural impactful on top of that. there is Nobody from other countries in the whole wide world in that decade who can chellenge him for that

This. Seriously this. You hit the nail on it's head. Nobody has done that much of heavy-lifting in that decade in other areas around the globe. His accolades are surprising especially when you do a pragmatic research on him. His a needle mover

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I'm busy on works these days, I will be back to view maybe hundred pages afterwards.  :P

@gtLmh0622  We miss you and your posts and opinions in discussions! :sad1:

Thank you for posting news of LMH despite busy work and schedule!!

Also, miss @leeminhosny  :sad1:Looking forward to our future discussions when news of LMH's new project come out :D 

Love you two long-time Minoz!! :heart1::Ohboy3::happydance:

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Just want to stop by and post about how I love LMH's smile on his last post with WDH.

Dude has some killer smile. Melting hearts everywhere...

@Nikaa94 i don't know how to embed gif like the ones you did. And where do i find them? 

@zaingh @scrawford i explained below about pics and gif

Spoiler

embedding pics and GIF has same instructions.

1-Go to https://imgur.com/upload?beta and upload pics and GIF from your device.

2-The click the 3 dots and choose "copy share links".

3-Highlight the link and copy and paste it. Note: IF you choose the green option, "copy link", it won't work. You should copy it yourself like how you choose a sentence and copy and paste it. 

4- Paste the link in here and it will pop up

Also, check out instructions of soompi with pictures---> 

I find my pics and gif from DC gallery https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=688517&_rk=urT&page=1

Hope it helps :) 

Spoiler

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

What is cracking folks? hope you are all doing well.

Here are my choice:

1. Suspense and mystery

2. Detective

3. Bank Robber

4. Husband of Psycho wife

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to see TKEM reply first and second I would like to see some of these in a movie but nonetheless I will watch what he will release next 

• Like 5

Discussion at Lee Min Ho DC gallery and Korean Minoz comments: 

Topic:

두개다 내가 보고싶은장르
언제가 됐든 두개다 볼수있겠지??
액션멜로 (시헌보다 스케일 좀 큰거)
깊은멜로 (치명적일수도 아닐수도 어쨌든 좀 진지하고 깊이있는 사람냄새 나면서도 치명적인? 어렵다)

Both are genres that I want to see
Will you be able to see both at any time??
Action melodies (something larger than Siheon)
Deep marshmallow (may or may not be fatal, anyway, it's hard and fatal, but it's hard to be fatal?)

what is deep marshmallow? :joy: what is Siheon? Any one here good at Korean language? what do they mean by fatal? sad ending? or very rough genre? :D 

Comments:

"It is difficult to choose" 

"I just look forward to what Minho wants to do."

"If you really want to see both, you may be wondering after a while that action melodrama deep melodrama"

"All you have to do is be happy"

"You can put it together with the deadly melodies that have been put into action."

"Everything is fine"

"Thanks for doing it"

"Action melodies, fatal melodies are also seen and pulled."

"Lee Min Ho!! I miss you Lee Min Ho"

"Do you like mom and dad? That's it"

"Whether it's action or fatal, I'd like to see the sad ending first."

"Thank you, either of them"

"What kind of station Mino should be good for every night"

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=688883&_rk=CFQ&page=1

Korean Minoz so fun!! :joy:

• Like 7

14 hours ago, scrawford said:

I have been enjoying Faith. And definitely getting used Choi young being this baby faced General and the hair. I will look forward to his hair evolution in the drama :)

Yes, you are correct about his eyes. Kim Tan stares are one of the best ones, especially in the early episodes. 

I finally saw that scene... Oh my heart....Choi Young is live and i had to endure saeguk drama to really appreciate and feel choi Young. 

Well.... never thought to say this, i just signed up for VIKI monthly subs just so i can watch Faith on my TV. WTH????? 

I don't watch Saeguk, but Daejang made me do this!

Just one day and so many posts to respond to.

Baby faced General :joy:. That is so right. Some of the criticism about LMH in Faith is that he looks too young to be a General. He does not have the grittiness or toughness of some other older actor. We love this baby faced General so off with their heads for the criticism :lol:

15 hours ago, Flloy House said:

I will like to touch on the new movie or drama conversation. I am pro TKEM S2 and a Movie. I believe and hope that IQIYI or tencent with Netflix will throw alot of money on TKEM S2 hopefully bigger budget this time then previously. Nothing is hundred percentage or official but there is huge possibility I would say it's 50/50 currently that we may see TKEM S2 

Talking about 2nd season of TKEM.  I was thinking that many fans who do not want a second season or want his to do something totally different, we want him to branch out, to stretch himself, experiment.  However, what would be best for him in terms of expanding his popularity world wide. If we think about what will benefit LMH best, I would vote for TKEM 2. As @Wis domand @Time loopsaid he is known for LG and a second season with him would get a wide base of viewers from the beginning just like GOT. A new drama might not succeed. He should bank on the success of TKEM.  Also he is loved as LG, as the swashbuckling sword slashing, gun toting king, who can also love with a passion, willing to cross universes to search for his love. His absolute fascination with JTE. Women are swooning all the way from Nigeria and India. Men love his bravado, the action oriented part of the drama. Leading the charge against the uncle's minions. HIs determination to fight.

However, while doing TKEM he should do a movie in between, something that would stretch his acting chops. The best of both worlds then. Hopefully after this good roles will turn up.

15 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

How to change to night mode? there was this update I saw, but it doesn't give instructions on how to change the mode. Thanks! :heart4:

I like to know how to use this new function too,night mode.

14 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

Tbh, I think LMH has a rare kind of external appearance compare to his colleagues. He has this mature vibe even from the BOF era. For me, he is not a pretty face or a beautiful one. He is more to a handsome category with full of charm and IT factor. He has the elegance in him. That's why beard will suit him greatly imo. Hahaha

But, what surprised me the most is the way he behaves daily. He (almost) always shows us the boyish vibe. He is so pure, warm, and friendly but frank and straightforward. He is indeed unique and classy. Our boy.

Yups hahaha

GB will always be one of my fave characters of LMH. He acted so damn well in it. Even the director loves him

LMH looked really mature as GJP but yet managed to look young in other later dramas. He also showed he could shed his flower boy image in CH and GB. He could be macho and a flower boy, he is definitely is not type-cast. I love GB too. Total 180 from his dramas.

He actually does look good with 3 days growth stubble as in GB. He does look quite good with the beard in Faith but I prefer him clean shaven.

14 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Oh wow. I would do anything to see him in another gangster movie. I have never seen so much swagger and flamboyance on display in my life. The way he walked into that battle scene from the graveyard before he comes out of the umbrella. He literally g-walked into that scene

He is awesome in GB, the graveyard scene was something, using an umbrella as a weapon, total chutzpah. 

13 hours ago, Heilo said:

Alot of people know there is an X-factor behind his massive success but they don't know what the X-factor is and I have revealed the x-factor to one person in details on PM once because I didn't wanna reveal his secrets and whenever you see success there is a reason for it but not everyone is good at catching an unfolding situation because it's hidden in layers but if you look closer you will know the X-factor and where it steems from because an X-factor can't be an x-factor without a cause.

Some people have an eye of catching the X-factor and identifying it while others don't and it comes down to individual talent from person to person in catching the true information of a situation and I am as objective as they come.

LMH's main magic comes from two things Charisma and intensity and they have to come together joined just like how the two rocks collided in the big bang theory without one of them it won't work.

Some of them believe it's only charisma but it's not only that it's intensity coupled with charisma. There is a reason behind every successful person and why things have turned out for them as it did? and this is what I am gonna let you in on now.

LMH puts alot of intensity into loving his FL and what it dose is that it has a major effect on mostly female audience and like wise male audience who can also appreciate the intensity. Female audience live vicariously thru the FL and when she is loved with such high intensity she feels loved by the ML thru the screen which has caused numerous crazes before with a LMH character example when he visits your country it's an absolute craze because he managed to connect with these people on much higher level then most realize. Nothing happens in this world without a reason.

All female Audience around the world are like minded when the FL is loved with such intensity she gets automatically drawn to it and it's also the same reason why the LMH-X actress shippers are always the craziest shippers and you will find that all his shippers were notoriously diehard shippers because they couldn't separate reality from fiction and tbh I myself thought that he used an extreme method by legit falling in love with all his leading ladies in order to sell the drama but after doing my own research i found out that he puts alot of intensity into loving her. 

I have seen so-called good actors fail to achieve that. It's not about looks as you may think cause you could cast Won Bin in his roles he won't go anywhere with them. 

Most of his intensity is visible on his eyes but also on his vibe energy and demeanor. 

Some said that they thought he was possessed and obsessed with his leading lady in heirs and I tend to agree but not only her but with all his leading ladies. He puts alot of intensity into loving her

Totally agree with your description of his IT-factor. Intensity and charisma. I would include charm,  screen presence, good looks and his height does help the IT factor. It requires several qualities to create the IT factor and LMH has it in spades. One more thing is his humble persona that makes him so endearing and thus charming. It has been said that the camera loves LMH.

13 hours ago, Heretorant said:

This look! Calm but deadly. It’s scary! He’s coming for blood and you know it. Simply get out of his way or die. 

Bloody good! 

I quite like his mature look in GB. Jong Dae takes the cake for being lmh’s sexiest and most badass character! 

Mr. Lee Min Ho, come back please? With a deep and dark character! 

Deep dark character, yesss!

7 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

What an awesome post, thank you!  
Annyeong chinggus! Coming out of lurking just to say i love what you said here and you hit the nail on the head with this post. Non minoz or haters always question LMH’s talent and popularity and say he is overrated.  They don’t recognize  his acting skills and that x-factor that is rarely possessed ... he’s got charm, charisma, good looks, passion and screen presence ! He doesn’t need to overact...his eyes alone convey a lot of emotions and makes you feel his character. That’s the reason why I fell in love with our boy. He is truly a rare gem. 

Also, thanks for the poll, i have participated in it but i was looking for an action genre,  and vigilante or Robin Hood like character, similar to City Hunter which is my favorite LMH drama and character. I wish he would do something like this  in his next film or drama. I actually liked the Bounty Hunters character, an action-romcom film  ... if only the script was written well. 

I am rewatching TKEM now but with all this talk about Faith I am now planning to do my nth rewatch. Now i have to upgrade my VIKi membership just to watch it.  
And just to let you know,  altho I am not that actively posting, i make it a point to visit this thread regularly and react to all your lovely posts. 
Kamsahamnida and annyeong! 

:hooray2:

Another good description Kris!  agreed.

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

I'm busy on works these days, I will be back to view maybe hundred pages afterwards.  :P

https://www.90daykorean.com/best-korean-actors/

One of the best parts of Korea’s pop culture is its massive domestic film and TV industry. Rather than relying on showing mainly Hollywood-produced TV series and movies on the television or in the cinema, Koreans are constantly creating movies and dramas for its domestic market.

This creates a lot of opportunities for amazing actors and actresses to rise to stardom. There are always new stars rising to fame, but this list is for the best of the best.

Here are our picks for the best Korean actors of all time.

1. 이민호 Lee Min Ho

Recommended to watch in: City Hunter

Lee Min Ho shot to stardom overnight when he began starring in the popular teen drama Boys Over Flowers, which is a remake of Japan’s Hana Yori Dango.

He has been among Korea’s A-listers ever since, having starred in other famous dramas such as City Hunter and The Heirs.

At the moment he is serving his mandatory military service, after which we can expect more great acting work from him.

Thank you so much for this report.  It is amazing that LMH tops even well-established Ahn Sung Ki and Choi Min Suk, revered by Koreans. He tops all of them and I think he is the youngest on the list with the least time in the industry. Daebak

3 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Agreed, he is a cultural phenomenon.

2 hours ago, madmad min said:

He can't dance well but he definitely has smooth actions. It looks so simple, the way he jumps of his horse, slides over the sofa, CH really showcases his action movements the best and I want more. The way his jumped up the table and kicked the sister's husband or slide into the pool to slash the gangster's privates in GB, smooth operator. :)

@msdotI also thought at the beginning LMH looked too young for the role, and to me he looked even younger in the middle part with his hair bound up on one side. But as CY continues to grow personally in the latter part of the series, his 3rd hairstyle makes him look more mature (starting in Ep 19). Also, in that time period, people often didn't live past age 35 or so.

Nobody, but nobody, has eyes like LMH! And he uses them to great effect in everything he does, portraying vulnerability, sweetness, fierceness, determination, etc., etc. They just kill me.

Agreed, I don't think any other Korean actor can just use their eyes to show all sorts of emotions, from intense love, anger, hate, bitterness,  sadness, and also sweetness and vulnerability. I think LMH is best at using his eyes to show vulnerability.  I have not seen another male actor able to show vulnerability with just their eyes. He is also great at making us think he is truly in love with his female lead with just that look of tenderness and intense stare from his eyes.

@nikaa42Share 3-4 of your favorite hair color LMH had in the past or present. 

I like black and his hair color at TKEM, not too light. Brownish is good.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, msdot said:

Glad you're hangin' in there, @scrawford!  I think you'll be well-rewarded.

Already started seeing the rewards, however im not gonna lie, it's nothing like The heirs or LOTBS. Faith is almost like watching TKEM, it's plot heavy, has a lot of characters, but the different is TKEM is pleasing for the eyes, because of technology advanced, and with Faith you have to endure the 2012 CGI heheheh

However, I love Choi Young, he is different than Most LMH's character. Are people who claimed LMH play the same role know about faith? Cause Choi Young is not the charming and swoon type. I mean, you are touch by his character and his gestures towards ES, but he is no typical Kdrama hero.

5 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Just one day and so many posts to respond to.

Baby faced General :joy:. That is so right. Some of the criticism about LMH in Faith is that he looks too young to be a General. He does not have the grittiness or toughness of some other older actor. We love this baby faced General so off with their heads for the criticism :lol:

And this is why i want Choi Young 2.0. Can you believe this is coming from someone who doesn't like Saeguk but want to see LMH as Goryeo General again? I just want to see Choi young 2.0 lead a war like GOT style, epic!! and LMH now, can add more grittiness into the character

• Like 7
  • Love 4

44 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Discussion at Lee Min Ho DC gallery and Korean Minoz comments: 

I haven't been to DC gallery for quite a well and especially I lurk there when there is casting rumours and last time I was there was for the rumours before legend of the blue sea casting. By the way where are you from? Let me make a guess before you answer? Russia. I know half of the posters where they are from and another half I don't know

• Like 1