On 4/8/2021 at 5:48 PM, nrllee said:

So we are going with the Dexter route?  :blink:.  Killing is killing.  It gives the killer the god like prerogative to decide who lives and who dies?  It deprives the person they are killing the opportunity to change.

Amen.  Killing is killing.  Is there a "good" kind of killing?  When criminals are given the death penalty?  When Moo-chi kills a killer?  If Ba-reum kills someone who "deserves" to die?

If we will be watching Ba-reum as a killer, then we will not be getting the "message" that Lee Hee-jun talked about.

01cd72ca29811ab19d46d4aa27ee6d67e9b31924

4e252ee43bc57a545a692d5069dc9ecb0c8d2ad9

d21efe8de10e3a72841b4fc4f05924174e3e55b2

On 4/9/2021 at 12:38 AM, nrllee said:

His character doesn’t have the same vibe as the confirmed serial killers HH and HC?  Serial killers don’t show fear.  They are alpha males.  Predators on top of the food chain.  They don’t behave like prey.  But this writer doesn’t do her research well.

There is no rule for serial killers.  A profiler can examine the evidence and create a perfectly logical profile based on facts only to discover that the profile was completely wrong once the real perpetrator is identified.  I see similarities between YH and the Zodiac Killer.

• Like 3
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, ferily said:

@CA C and @maddymappo I feel the same way about the writing. The writer is delaying everything for too long now. As I mentioned before, things are moving super slow in this drama. At this point, all the viewers wants are answers not more questions.

Exactly Chingu. They are continuously introducing new characters, new variables, new twists without explaining anything that happened before properly. Daniel Lee survived the whole stab scene, did Yo Han save him, or did Daniel Lee save himself or is this dude really his younger brother. I don't really think any of it would matter, and since this dude is alive, they might as well explain it. But no, they are busy raising suspicions, causing confusion with the scenes. I am fine with the scenes being deceptive, like the one where Ba Reum looked to have smashed the rock on Mu Chi's head, but in reality was doing it to his hand. But then showing the whole Bong Yi fighting with Duk Soo and Ba Reum trying to find the kid to kill him and then when he is shown smashing the poor kid, we see him doing it to Duk Soo actually. These kind of confusing stuff is not what I really look for in dramas. 

3 hours ago, ferily said:

I don’t believe that YH is the killer (anymore) after seeing his past with HJ, at least the 7 sins killer. I think he might of still killed Bong Yi’s grandma.. he did come home with blood in his clothes and had the goat man bandaid... Hmm not too sure though

For the band aid, I think it actually came off when Grand Ma was cleaning his house. 

@nrllee Chingu, what I am not really liking about this drama is the inconsistent writing. We saw Mu Chi standing in front of Hong Ju's house, she not letting him in and then we hear her baby cry. The scene ends there just like that and we didn't see what happened. Of course, I am sure somewhere in the upcoming episodes we might see the flashback for it, but I don't really think it was that important scene for them to suddenly make us wait as to what they spoke about. The next day they were quite normal around each other.

At this point, I would not be shocked one bit, if they reveal Yo Han is actually alive and the one who was cremated in place of him was another criminal who the doctors did a plastic surgery on him :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

@nrllee @1ouise Yes completely agree with you about killing. killing is killing, I believe there is no such thing as good killing. You shouldn't murder someone just because they're a bad person... (Execution, on the other hand, is a different story since the law decides that) Daniel was telling Ba Reum about killing the top 1% predators, but that doesn't justify killing? Even Ba Reum didn't feel good about doing it too.

@Sleepy Owl Ah right the bandaid fell off at Yo Han's house huh? I forgot about that haha.. Also oh yeah, Daniel suddenly coming back just arises another question of what the heck happened to him at the amusement park then? Was that murder all stage? Is it the younger brother of Daniel like one person mentioned in the last page? Too many questions keep coming up and the drama isn't answering any of them. I am also okay with scenes being deceptive too and later revealing what was actually happen.

• Like 5
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

At this point, I would not be shocked one bit, if they reveal Yo Han is actually alive and the one who was cremated in place of him was another criminal who the doctors did a plastic surgery on him :joy:

HAHA. I love it.

• LOL 6

Okay WOW. I just finished watching episode 11 and :fear: is my reacting right now. Like WHAT JUST HAPPENED? First we see Ba Reum with Hoon Seok (the aunt's son) and the next thing we see is Ba Reum with Bong Yi? Okay, I'm thinking that BR must've came when Kang Duk Su was beating Bong Yi up because we clearly see him fight with her, so BR must've planned this from the beginning then... I think the person that BR is dragging is Duk Su (OR THE BOY?). But man, what an ending...

Also why did that guy with the finger tattoo knock out Moo Chi? What is their plan with that? Hmm wait what if it was to stop Moo Chi from ruining BR's plan to kill Duk Su? That's why him and Daniel (assuming the two are working together) intervened. I think that might be the case.

Honestly at this point, Daniel isn't really a good person either, he just wants to use BR at this point. But wOnDeRfUL that we didn't get ANY of our previous questions answered in this episode. This writer better have some genius plan to answer all the questions in episode 12-20 because so far she/he hasn't delivered. Also I'm starting to think that we won't get a happy ending for BR.

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

59 minutes ago, ferily said:

Honestly at this point, Daniel isn't really a good person either, he just wants to use BR at this point. But wOnDeRfUL that we didn't get ANY of our previous questions answered in this episode. This writer better have some genius plan to answer all the questions in episode 12-20 because so far she/he hasn't delivered. Also I'm starting to think that we won't get a happy ending for BR.

Yeh she going the same mistake  of GG14DAYS  just when I was giving her chance saying people  change and it had been  many years :isannoyed: but no she doing that again and again throwing so much twisted  for the twisted  propose, throwing so many characters  and so much timeline mess and so much mystery  just to keep you involved  and by the end we will be thankful if she give answer for part of the main questions and half of explaining of the timeline mess 

And about the most of other questions  forget about it , it was our fault not her, she didn't  give so many hints scenes and fake clues to mess with us but it was our fault and imagination  

And most of the scene they show us can be explained by crazy theory  like imagination  of the characters, hypnosis , or our mistakes  of understanding  the timeline  

You know dear I respect her first for  being courage  to kill off characters  so fast and for doing crazy thoughts  that no writer dear to do in kdrama and for even going with dark main characters  from the start of the drama  but she should  know there a limit  even for craziness  and wildness  

She cant keep taking every crazy and scifi  thoughts  she see it suit her to get her out of the mess and then talk about that human  natural  and fight 

She going far to destroy the main idea of this drama 

I am not even suprise  of getting twins plots, memory lost of jea hoon character, the nice kid from the past of jea hoon was death and jea hoon was taken to live in his place, the aunt and the uncle  working for Daniel  and BR was living experiences  all his life and the change what they want from as much as they want

Not to forget  some friends  here even talling about the hypnosis BR and the medical pills he having :unamused:yeh she totally  can use that 

I am sorry I am getting angry, you cant just use whatever  you like just for exciting elements, I am only keep on cause the perfect  performance  of all the actors  on this drama , but my head was so out of logic  since 3 weeks ago and things going more crazy, 

About Daniel  he no different  from HHS  , no matter what big talk he use as excuse, just another crazy man who dont value the live of others and think he a God that can change the human kind to be like what he see perfect  view of the world 

Edit since it all crazy let add another crazy theory about Daniel  , he was about to win a prize before  disappearing, what if his test failed, the unborn children's that he said will become  a killers all of them survived  not to trun like that ( most of them, cause ths environment or cause the test was wrong) that mean his test was a failure and he didnt  accept  that so he go and mess with them himself  to make them kill, just like he doing with BR  now, he need a result  to make his dream come true 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 3
  • Blob 3

This drama is too dark and depressing :D  I've watched my share of crime thrillers, many didn't give me the fuzzy feel in the heart.... This. This one is on its own level of crazy.

LSG is doing great though as Ba Reum *clap*.

I'm sad the drama has sidelined MooChi the detective to the evidence/property room.  What a waste of a brilliant detective.  We now get Officer SS to guest star on Sherlock show! :crybaby:

Remember when MooChi was deadset for revenge against HH, I wonder how he feels about the Dexter-to-be Bareum once he finds out.  Moo Chi told others he was willing to dole out his brand of vigilante justice and cross the line when dealings with psychopaths.  Yet, he still has faith in law and order, in the idea of crime and punishment even if he has witnessed a lot of injustice in his life... including his brother's death, HH's stay on death row, etc.  MC was not even the ideal detective with his vices, drinking, bad temper... but in a way, he is a good man for not giving up on the goodness of man despite witnessing the worst of man. 

Daniel Lee on the other hand is no different than HH - he gives himself the right to judge others based on detection of one gene.  Human beings are more complicated and embody more than just a genotype.  

I recently read a short article about Yo-Yo Ma on how he thinks we often think about good and bad in binary terms.  We judge in our mind that this person is either good or bad when we see him but in reality... not that black and white really.

Spoiler

Everything that I understand about music or about humans is that we inhabit the whole spectrum and in fact we're capable of the most glorious ways of thinking, of creating, and we're also the cruelest people on earth.

And it's not like I'm good and you're bad. We're all capable of both. So how about if we just acknowledge that and live with it and not make ourselves feel like we're on the side of good and these are the bad people, but to acknowledge that in fact, maybe there are times when I am not good.

In Mouse, if Bareum really did receive the brain transplant from Yohan, instead of going the route of Dexter, I would love it more if the writer uses him to explore how a person like Bareum balances the good and bad stuffs in his head.  At the beginning, when Jaehoon told his schoolmate that he wants to learn to be kind like him, it was a killer's first cry of help and our first chance at intervention.  Years later, I think it still is not too late to change a person's thinking, especially in someone like Ba Reum who has the mental capacity to remain or change for the better.   If he really was the 7sins killer, how about having him change to be a little more like YoHan? Or if Yo Han was the killer, have Bareum triumph over his psychopathic tendencies.  That is the more interesting approach for me.  Maybe if we get lucky - maybe, the drama will raise these questions in the next episodes and give us something to think about. 

That's much better than what Daniel Lee is attempting to do atm IMHO.^^

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 3

Chingus, I was planning on watching this drama, but decided not to start until the drama had finished. I heard great things about it when it started, but reading your latest comments is making me more and more convinced that I probably shouldn't watch it.... :w00t:

8 hours ago, ferily said:

Okay WOW. I just finished watching episode 11 and  is my reacting right now. Like WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

That's how I felt when reading the last 2 pages of posts. :D

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

23 hours ago, nrllee said:

If I had an uncle who didn’t recognize me, I would at least recognize him straight away and call him “SamChun” (Uncle) straight up?  Instead, BR had to introduce himself and say sorry he didn’t recognize him?  The whole situation is just odd.  Then there’s a grandma in Jeju?  It’s just all super weird.  :blink:  Like you said, this writer makes everyone abnormal.  You can’t trust anyone.

Now you're making me curious. What's with the grandma in Jeju? :o

19 hours ago, maddymappo said:

"Confusing" is  not strong enough a word.

Agree 100% :approves:

17 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

What did I just read? :blink::crazy:

On 4/9/2021 at 1:32 PM, rocher22 said:

Bareum, sorry, but the cat stole the episode. 

tenor.gif?itemid=15519638

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Chingus, I was planning on watching this drama

Don’t bother.  Really.  I think the writer has used this drama as a form of catharsis for the COVID gloom we’ve all been experiencing.  Everyone is a threat.  A potential contagion.  I suggest wait till the end and then come back and read to see if there’s an outpouring of “good grief.  What was that?”, “I want my 20plus hours back” type posts.  And then make an informed decision. :lol:  Unless you’re a sucker for punishment and feel left out and want to join in the weekly WTH posts.  If so then by all means hop on. 

32 minutes ago, partyon said:

Now you're making me intrigued. What's with the grandma in Jeju? :o

No idea.  It was just casually dropped in there by the writer :lol:.  There was also a housekeeper who was supposed to mind the child (who was also just introduced in Ep11).  The housekeeper fell asleep minding the child?  Who does that?  And would you believe the little boy gets rung up by BR who takes him home to see the mother cat with her newborn kittens?  Just like that?  Who knows, the housekeeper could be dead in the room for all you know.   No one checked.  The writer just keeps adding more and more characters.  I guess to replace those she casually dispensed with each episode via some serial killer.  Honestly it’s like some disease you know?  Serial killers are everywhere! .  :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

1 minute ago, nrllee said:

There was also a housekeeper who was supposed to mind the child (who was also just introduced in Ep11).  The housekeeper fell asleep minding the child?  Who does that?  And would you believe the little boy gets rung up by BR who takes him home to see the mother cat with her newborn kittens?  Just like that?  Who knows, the housekeeper could be dead in the room for all you know.   No one checked.  The writer just keeps adding more and more characters.  I guess to replace those she casually dispensed with each episode via some serial killer. 

LOL :D This is hilarious. I can see the makjang elements....:loolz:

Spoiler

Wish Marriage Lyrics and Divorce Music had taken inspiration from this writer's work @Sleepy Owl @Lmangla @joccu :joy:

In any case, it's like a serial killer conveyor belt then?

tenor.gif?itemid=21095976

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

On 4/9/2021 at 9:39 PM, maddymappo said:

@Ahjumemshie Lee

@Avocado80

Thank you for explaining who that was.  So many characters in this series, I can't keep up.

@CA C said:  "One word messy. I find the sudden development to be messy and difficult to follow. Tired of guessing. Will just watch what happen next."  My feelings, exactly.  Maybe this is all a jumbled nightmare in someone's head.

Also, I found it strange that Dr Lee said BR will kill all his own loved ones.  I know that Jae Hoon may have killed his family, but in general don't psychopaths kill other people and keep their families alive as a normal cover for their activities?   The  lawyer killed his sister and mother, but his motive was to kill  sinners. He did not kill his father.  HH did not kill his wife.  He went out and killed strangers. 

YH (if he was a psycho) did not kill his mom or girlfriend, and we don't know who killed his friend yet. Is that a sign he is not the psycho?  Or, is Dr. Lee just playing with BR's mind?

"Confusing" is  not strong enough a word.

I think the drama version of psychopath doesn't apply to real world. Actually a lot of people suffers from this mental disorder. They don't really feel the urge to kill most of them don't go killing people. It's just that because they don't feel sadness, rumors, fear etc there are higher chance of them making a criminal offence than a normal person. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

On 4/10/2021 at 2:09 AM, maddymappo said:

The  lawyer killed his sister and mother, but his motive was to kill  sinners. He did not kill his father.  HH did not kill his wife.  He went out and killed strangers. 

Yeah most serial killers like the hunt.  The lawyer killed the little girl and his mother when he was a child.  And his reasoning was to rid the world of “morally loose” women.  So he hunted these women as an adult.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:31 AM, ferily said:

The writer is delaying everything for too long now. As I mentioned before, things are moving super slow in this drama. At this point, all the viewers wants are answers not more questions.

I agree.  This writer is good at keeping the suspense up and asking question after question.  Problem is that she runs out of time to answer them all well in the end.  She did the same with God’s Gift 14days.  The ending was messy.  Even with the Mouse special episode which attempted to explain everything again to the viewers.  I watched it and honestly it didn’t give us any more than what we’ve already worked out ourselves here.  Although I do find it interesting that she stopped short of naming YH as the 7sins killer.  

Like most here I am annoyed that the writer has shafted MC to the side because Dexter BR is now flexing his muscles.  I would be extremely upset with the writer if she turns MC evil as well.  I think we are all at this point where we need at least one straight shooting character to keep us sane :lol:.  And so far they are MC...and BY.  Both were mad enough for revenge killings but never followed through.  They have a conscience.  HJ I guess you could add to that list as well because she opted to keep her baby.  But there are still big question marks about her past with HH.  And the fact that if she is the girl who squished the mouse with her foot, I am not sure where that side of her went and if it’s just sitting dormant in her head. :lol: And of course how she’s going to reconcile that with her present.

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

On 4/9/2021 at 9:19 PM, rocher22 said:

I will take whatever crumbs I can get...   

those 2 are so sweet...love them

On 4/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, ferily said:

Daniel suddenly coming back

i had a bad feeling about him since he found about his sister...

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

On 4/10/2021 at 4:23 AM, Ahjumemshie Lee said:

In this drama (or any kdramas), never TRUST what you're seeing. TRUST WHAT YOU DOESN'T (SEE)

:approves:

Mouse + Penthouse = PentMouse?

It's a freaky stitched-together hybrid!

(Just like Ba-Reum's brain!)

• LOL 5