12 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

So the other woman who we thought could be Jae Hoon's mom (at least I did) turns out to be Woo Hyung Chul.

@nrlleeJi Eun’s water broke and she delivered her baby after she witnessed Hyung Chul pushed his mom off the window (she tried to choke him).  If you look closely, I believe the pregnant nurse who recognized Ji Eun earlier when she passed in the hallway is the researcher’s wife - the one who conversed with Ji Eun after Daniel Lee’s consult... the one with the kind hsb who intended to raise her own child despite knowing his genetic disposition.   Blood from Hyung Chul’s mom mixed with Ji Eun’s embryonic fluid, prefacing that Hyung Chul and Ba Reum meet later on.

Most importantly, if Ji Eun indeed switched her child after birth, it’s possible that Yo Han is the researcher wife’s son!!!!!  He who has the psychopathic gene actually turned out to be a genius! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

On 4/1/2021 at 11:03 PM, Ale said:

Hi guys, I just finished the episode and came straight to the comments!. I have to say I am SO GLAD that MC didnt die, as many of you predicted it was BR imagination.  I enjoyed this episode but I feel like the lawyer killer subplot was a bit unnecesary (?).

One thing caught my attention, who took the brooch and the necklace from the body after BR saw them? It wouldnt make sense for the lawyer killer to take them. I just had this crazy thought, what if BR took them in his state of mind as killer and hid them? like if he developed 2 personalities.

Also, his hallucination of YH saying if he enojyed the killings, does that mean YH is actually the killer? or maybe they were both killing at the same time 1 year ago?  

Yes, that was extremely strange.  Where did the killer get the brooch in the necklace in the first place? The last I remember seeing the brooch was HJ finding it in YH's house on the floor and thinking it was not his style.  Too weird that the killer would know BR was going to see it, or anyone would see it, and then sneak back to remove it... no, I think it had to be BR did something during an hallucination. 

There are just too many murders and murderers in this series. Too much jumping between time frames, the past past, the past, the future past.. the HH murders, the family Kim murder, the sin murders,  the bad girl murders.  the Dr. Lee and YH friend murders (Noticed the lawyer's keen interest that HJ had a baby out of wedlock... I guess he put her on his list, but Br appears to have taken him out, unless this is all an hallucination too). 

How is the writer going to tie up all the loose ends. Who killed the Kims, where are the missing people? Oy yoy yoy!

:crazymad:

17 hours ago, nrllee said:

Question then is.  If BR was already the 7sins killer, what was the point for the writer to have HH implant YH’s brain in there?  BR was already evil from the start?  If BR was the 7sins killer and YH is innocent, then by implanting YH’s brain into BR, the writer did the reverse?  Tried to moderate evil BR’s natural state with YH’s good natural state?

I think HH said it was for the good of mankind.  "the greater good" that is why the other doctors worked with him. as a psychopath he had no qualms using humans like lab mice.

2 hours ago, bedifferent said:

@nrlleeJi Eun’s water broke and she delivered her baby after she witnessed Hyung Chul pushed his mom off the window (she tried to choke him).  If you look closely, I believe the pregnant nurse who recognized Ji Eun earlier when she passed in the hallway is the researcher’s wife - the one who conversed with Ji Eun after Daniel Lee’s consult... the one with the kind hsb who intended to raise her own child despite knowing his genetic disposition.   Blood from Hyung Chul’s mom mixed with Ji Eun’s embryonic fluid, prefacing that Hyung Chul and Ba Reum meet later on.

Most importantly, if Ji Eun indeed switched her child after birth, it’s possible that Yo Han is the researcher wife’s son!!!!!  He who has the psychopathic gene actually turned out to be a genius! 

I think that BR is the political woman's son, that is why she pushed for the experiment with HH. But as it was pointed out, HH wanted his freedom in exchange, and then changed his mind.  Why? Maybe BR really is his son? and there was a switich, but the political lady seems to have a connection to BR (or perhaps she only thinks she does?)

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

@nrllee @nona88 @ferily @Sleepy Owl @Jolie TAN 

Dong Ku - I think his purpose in the show is a reminder to BR that he is a good person. He joined the HH's club to understand a killer's mind so that he can write his script. The blood on his tie was from the fightling of the prisoners.

Is YH the 7 sins killer? I think from all the hints showed so far and the MO of the killer (the killer uses knife and pre-plan all the killing), YH seems NOT to be the killer (he said he's scared to CHJ and he used hammer/injection to IV and he really didn't plan the killing of BR properly). He is just tracking BR as he somehow got to know that BR has the psychopath's gene. I think he planned to tell CHJ everything after killing BR and surrender himself to the police after everything. 

Baby switch - YH and BR? I can't rule out the possibility. YH did said to Ji Eun, your son is a killer (he thinks BR is Ji Eun's son??He doesn't seem to be talking about himself), the way Korean language is structured is a bit confusing to me...LOL

Memory of BR of the killing of the boxer and Grandma - 1) YH's imaginations/profiling(?) of the 7 sins killer 2) BR's hidden memory   

~~ the killer of the boxer seemed to be stemmed from hatre, so it should be someone the  boxer knew? BR is a newcomer police officer in the district, right? Why could he has such strong hatre of the boxer?

Memory of BR of the belongings of Mu Won and Grandma - 1) Could he be imagining the belongings as he has started to have  hallucination ? ( @maddymappo shake hands... LOL) 2) If not, there would be someone in the police (SS?) who remove the evidance? There seems to be some missing scene here, the editing was a bit weried here, like the flow was not quite right, it feels like there's a sudden jump of scene. 

What makes a killer? What makes a serial killer? It's a total different story. A killer can be any ordinary person who in the heat of emotion, accidentally or intentionally killed someone, but later may or may not regret it. But the person most probably would not commit the act again.

A serial killer is most probably someone who enjoy killing (lawyer) or someone thinks that he/she is killing to bring justice back (7 sins killer) or someone who thinks that they are doing for the greater good (?) without emotion and he/she thinks that it's alright to scarifice a few commoner (he/she thinks that he/she is god-like). These seems to be the 3 categories that are classified in the show.

@1ouise I thought the knot only appeared on the little girls's corpse 25 years ago (not the other victims)? HH never admit that he killed that little girl, in Ep 10, it was showed that the little boy killed the girl and tied the knot on her. It was mentioned that the lawyer was defending YH.

@maddymappo I don't think BR should not be the politician woman's son. He's either the nurse's son (her husband was Dr Daniel's colleague) or HH and Ji Eun's son (baby switch?)

I like the scene of BR and Mo Chi's bromance, too. The part about switching the bullets.  I also like that BR showed his vulnerability to BY. She's such a strong girl! She doesn't want to be afraid anymore! Bravo!  But I think she should really learn Krav Maga, instead, it's a better self denfence martial art... LOL and hold a key (may be not, what if she hurts Mo Chi or BR) or some other self defence items when she goes home at night... LOL

I really don't want BR to be the killer. I want him to fight the instinct to kill.

If he's really the killer, I want him to ask Mo Chi to kill him to stop him from killing and be a SAD HERO...

Edited by Fruitplus LSG
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Blob 1

@nrllee @maddymappo @nona88

Waah..My hope for BR is not the Serial Killer rise again..Jebaaal..

I think he is Jae Hoon, we can see the similar things from them.. JH has a psyco gene but he is struggle not to harm people just like BR did when he made his hand hurt instead of kill MC..They can harm animal but still have consciousness not to kill people.. And we never saw JH kill his step father or his siblings..(based on the Director did so many times to make us tricked) we hope that we can see the whole picture later.
For BR really kill WHC, we can see next week whether WHC really died or not..

But my hope become decreasing again because the brooch and the necklace..so many theory there.. Is it only in BR's mind..or he has dual personalities that when one is awake the other will dormant so he couldn't remember the things that he actually done..or there is someone else that hide the brooch and necklace..

Actually I really like this drama.. Even this drama has so many crazy things..but I will take it as long as the writer tie up together all of the reason and eventhough it's crazy but still make sense ....(even little bwhaha)

Btw I would like to ask.. WHC seems to have a pregnant wife, doesn't he?..I watched the scene when he say good bye to a pregnant lady..hmmmm....

• Like 4
  • Blob 2

I really don't want BR to be the killer either but I feel that's a huge possibility at this point... I'm still unsure of Jae Hoon being BR. That parallel between Jae Hoon praying to God when she was young and BR praying too, ughhh...

Okay but like I refuse to believe that BR killed Bong Yi's grandma. First because of the timing and everything and second because of their on scene relationship!! I really REALLY hope that BR didn't kill Bong Yi's grandman.

The whole thing about baby switch. Yes very likely. I think this can be plausible. We actually never see Jae Hoon's mother face back in episode 1 (when the husband is hitting him and the mother comes rushing over). So in theory, that might not be Ji Eun and someone else. Also when we see Jae Hoon trying to bury the brother, that's when Ji Eun saves the brother. Maybe because Ji Eun switched Jae Hoon, she was keeping an eye on him to see if he really becomes a killer. As someone mentioned, the adoptive brother doesn't say "mom" immediately and Ji Eun says to go home. Like if that was his mother then wouldn't he cry and run to his mom's arm? So Ji Eun must not be the mother we saw in the house earlier in the episode. That's why I think that Ji Eun was watching Jae Hoon from afar... She must've switched her baby with someone else or let Jae Hoon be adopted by a different family. (Ji Eun = Head Hunter wife by the way)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Blob 1

I know many of us hope that BR is not the 7sins killer.  I think because it makes BR the character totally evil and depraved.  His kindness to Grandma would then be seen to be just his way of gaining her favour so that he can work his way to BY.  Who he is hoping to just be a vehicle to propagate his genes? :crazy: Like HH.  And then his kindness to MW the priest would be the same?  Just for show.  Everything about his relationship with BY would be tainted as well.  BY was ready to kill YH for killing her grandma.  She would do the same if BR was revealed to be that guy?  It’s too contorted for it to end well if BR is the killer?  That’s just me thinking out loud. :lol:.  I don’t think we’ll get episodes next week?  There’s some special episode happening instead.  So there would be a break before the story continues from where they left off in Ep10.

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

Have you seen the BTS of Mouse in Youtube?

in that BTS, there is a scene when BY fight with the killer..
And although the face is blurred, but I think it is not LSG..I think it looks like Kwon Ha Woon (YH)..
Hmm..is it possible that???? How do you think guys?

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

And although the face is blurred, but I think it is not LSG..I think it looks like Kwon Ha Woon (YH)..

You are right! The high cheek bone look like YH @2.10. Good catch!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks!
  • Like 4

Clues to Ba Reum being Jae Hoon and 7 sins killer:

• Isn't interesting how we as viewers are given access to Ba Reum's inner thoughts after his surgery. Every time before Yo Han tried to kill him, we had zilch, nothing. All we saw is his kind innocent persona...and we saw how good HH was at hiding his true self.

• I know people would dislike Lee Seung Gi playing a killer because of his immense charisma in other dramas and well when you like an actor its hard to see them in dark roles esp. when you see them in their next role...all you picture was the dark role they played before. In any case, after each ep and the next ep, I can't help it, Ba Reum appears to be 7 sins killer. His memories are more vivid of the killings. And I just can't help but think damn, the evidence must all be in his pots plants at his last residence. And I keep hoping he doesn't remember because he can cover his tracks even though he opened the pandora box again and now Moo Chi is going to look in the cases again because i don't think he can live with himself without being sure that Yo Han was not innocent (even thought it appears he was innocent more and more so).

• The eerie music they played at end of ep 10 was same music we hear in early eps and scenes with Jae Hoon. 

Other thoughts:

• So the drama is saying that one who has the psychopath gene can turn into a psychopath, while 1% chance the person is a genius. Are we to assume that if one has psychopath gene that the fall in one or the other category. From what i gathered from this dramas, so far all the killers are said to be psychopaths but at same time they are very meticulous and have high IQ. Does that mean that are not genius? if we are to assume that Ba Reum is the 7 sins killer, does that make him a psychopath and genius because he was not caught (yet)? what about Yo Han? If he had the psychopath gene, was he a genius...he was doctor and by looks a rising star and competent doctor which was lacking social skills (given his background of being victimized because people thought he was son of HH)? I just can't picture Yo Han a killer or psychopath. That tear he shed after he was shot was genuine.

• What I am wondering is...who is Yo Han?.....is he the kid that Jae Hoon tried to kill?..well it would be Jae Min. or maybe Ji Eun had a another kid with someone else or maybe Yo Han was adopted by Ji Eun? There is still a lot unclear with Ji Eun, Yo Han, Jae Hoon (Ba Reum), the other pregnant woman in past who we saw again as a nurse.  

• I bet when Chi Kook wakes up (he would be the only surviving victim and i wonder was that on purpose or serial killer's first mistake?) and I'm sure....it gonna be a race to protecting him or Ba Reum secretly trying to kill him again. Maybe his friend, Dong Koo will figure it out or be suspicious because he seems like the first person to see Chi Kook when he wakes up.

• Hong Ju, i think sent that video to Politician Lady (a win for current president as others have said before in this forum that he was loosing popularity) in order for her to save Ba Reum's life because she knew HH could be only person who could save his life. At the time with everyone believing Yo Han to be guilty, I think she felt immense guilt for playing a part in this because of her already huge guilt in her role as HH's accomplice in the past (granted she was  little girl, but nonetheless guilt shows that she has a conscience).

• Also others have commented how they think HH knows Ba Reum is his son and that is why he saved him. I dunno. I think that HH doesn't know and only reason why he didn't save Yo Han was because when he first meet in earlier episodes he could see that Yo Han was not a psychopath. Remember how he said he could tell by their eyes and because he is psychopath himself and can sense another.  Also I think he saved Ba Reum so he could continue his experiments. Its the reason why he revealed he turn serial killer. He wants to be known to world as a genius. Being the first person to do (part of) brain  transplant.
  • It could go either way, a)the writer takes a more fantastical route and wants to explore the idea of brain implant in a drama and what more, a brain implant in a psychopath brain; what would happen? Will the psychopath struggle with his urge to kill or  would he have a a bit of conscience now or what really? Or b) will the writer take a more realistic path reveals later on that the brain transplant surgery will not be a success. HH failed.  Because Ba Reum may shows signs of not accepting the new piece of brain in his head?and eventually die of his injuries?

Looking froward to next week. We are half in this drama! Meaning there is plenty to come. I hope writer wraps up story well and doesn't drag the latter half of the drama.

:cheers:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

28 minutes ago, squstar9 said:
  • I know people would dislike Lee Seung Gi playing a killer because of his immense charisma in other dramas and well when you like an actor its hard to see them in dark roles esp. when you see them in their next role...all you picture was the dark role they played before. In any case, after each ep and the next ep, I can't help it, Ba Reum appears to be 7 sins killer. His memories are more vivid of the killings. And I just can't help but think damn, the evidence must all be in his pots plants at his last residence. And I keep hoping he doesn't remember because he can cover his tracks even though he opened the pandora box again and now Moo Chi is going to look in the cases again because i don't think he can live with himself without being sure that Yo Han was not innocent (even thought it appears he was innocent more and more so).

Yeah I definitely know what you mean about people disliking Lee Seung Gi being the killer. Personally if Lee Seung Gi plays a killer, I wouldn't mind at all because it just shows the acting and talent of him as an actor! It's always great to see actors in diverse roles to see the spectrum of their acting. The reason why I don't want Ba Reum to be the killer is because of his good nature we've seen before the accident (Assuming that's the real him) and how he was to everyone around him + Bong Yi and Bong Yi's grandmother. However, just like you, I can't help but Ba Reum is the killer too because of his vivid imagery of the killings. It's strange how clear the memories are and we are seeing scenes of the killing happen.

Honestly the writing of this drama is a bit messy, although I think it's still an intriguing and good drama. I can't help thinking that BR is the killer but I won't be surprised if there is some twist that the writer pulls on us later in the drama.

What I am wondering is...who is Yo Han?.....is he the kid that Jae Hoon tried to kill?..well it would be Jae Min. or maybe Ji Eun had a another kid with someone else or maybe Yo Han was adopted by Ji Eun? There is still a lot unclear with Ji Eun, Yo Han, Jae Hoon (Ba Reum), the other pregnant woman in past who we saw again as a nurse.  

So we actually see a kid kinda staring and avoiding the eyes in the class hallway when Jae Hoon was younger. I'm thinking that kid can be Ba Reum or Yo Han, depending on who exactly Jae Hoon is.

• I bet when Chi Kook wakes up (he would be the only surviving victim and i wonder was that on purpose or serial killer's first mistake?) and I'm sure....it gonna be a race to protecting him or Ba Reum secretly trying to kill him again. Maybe his friend, Dong Koo will figure it out or be suspicious because he seems like the first person to see Chi Kook when he wakes up.

I think Chi Kook is a key and crucial evidence to making progress with who the 7 sins killer is. Once he wakes up, I think that's when we'll know more about who exactly 7 sins killer is.

15 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

Oh yeah, definitely good catch. If it's YH, maybe he got to the place (church) right before Bong Yi did to see if he could catch the culprit? I am still like 50/50 on BR being the killer vs. him not being the killer (whether it's someone else or YH)

• Like 6

Okay I finally got around to watching Ep10 properly.

YH is not the 7sins killer.  It’s Officer SS.  The brooch and MW’s necklace.  Only Officer SS knew about that link.  He was in that Evidence Room when BR and MC were talking.  Some of those recent murders seem to be SS (the ones where BR smells mint) and they’ve been mixed up with the lawyer knot killer.  Yes there’s something about the timing of that that’s the problem because SS seemed to be with MC when that whole brooch/necklace appearing and disappearing happened.  But I am still leaning towards Officer SS being the 7sins murder and the murder (pretend suicide) with the cross?

My hypothesis about YH is that he was what BR is like now.  He would have episodes where he is triggered to kill but he never actually gets there.  I am not sure if the lawyer was killed by BR at the end of Ep10.  YH would have conflicts in his head just like BR.  With voices that tell him to kill and to enjoy it but he fights it back and doesn’t go ahead with it.   I think that’s why HH told BR to fight becoming YH.  Because HH knows his own son can’t do it.  YH didn’t have the killer instinct.  YH fears the monster within him.  That’s why he appeared to HJ and needed her assurance.  Just like BR needed assurance from BY when those thoughts threaten to consume him.  HH wants BR to just allow the instinct to just flow and not fight it.

SS wanted the murders of the past pinned on YH.  And he’s hoping that the spate of murders now would be pinned on the lawyer. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Please remind me if I get it wrong..When BY fight with man in black in church.. I thought that it was the killer right? I mean he also use knive to harm BY...If it is YH (just assumption from BTS)..and he is not the killer, why would he harm BY with knive? maybe he could just knock her unconscious..hmm
Although i remember BY is the one who has the knive, if YH want to do self defense..why he harm her badly..
Well it is also possible that the man in balck is not the killer...

Ohtokke Ba Reum ssii..(I just like what BR did, try to collect evidence that increase the chance that he is not the killer):tounge_wink:

I think actually I don't mind if LSG is the killer..because it shows his acting diversity and also get out from his comfort zone..Not every actor would like to choose to be bad guy. But I also a fan of happy ending no matter how hard the process is (just like FOE)...But if BR is the Serial Killer, I think we will not get happy ending

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Avocado80 said:

Please remind me if I get it wrong..When BY fight with man in black in church.. I thought that it was the killer right? I mean he also use knive to harm BY...If it is YH (just assumption from BTS)..and he is not the killer, why would he harm BY with knive? maybe he could just knock her unconscious..hmm

Well if we assume that BR (now) is acting like YH was before then if you threaten or attack a killer, their instinct is to go all out and attack you for real.  And if they aren’t careful, they potentially can just go all the way when they are anger fuelled and kill you.  Just like when BR was hit and then his retaliation was just violent (reactive).  With the guy at dinner with DG and also with drunk MC.  It’s almost a 50-50 chance that they may or may not be able to stop it in time when provoked?  That’s how BR is coming across and I get the feeling it was the same with YH.  She was the one who flew at YH and tried to stab him first.  

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I love 

- when Bareum is focused on looking for evidence in that evidence room

- when he explains how the murder happened

- his shyness when he talked to HJ

- his cold and threatening face when he managed to untie himself..:heartxoxo:

• Like 4

That drawing scene made me laugh.  

Bareum calmly drew lost in his world. It was a moment of pure happiness.

But the people around him were loud and annoying. Of course those girls came 

because they were worried.

Anyway, even I wanted them to shut up.   :lol:

• Like 3

14 hours ago, nrllee said:

YH is not the 7sins killer.  It’s Officer SS.  The brooch and MW’s necklace.  Only Officer SS knew about that link.  He was in that Evidence Room when BR and MC were talking.  Some of those recent murders seem to be SS (the ones where BR smells mint) and they’ve been mixed up with the lawyer knot killer.  Yes there’s something about the timing of that that’s the problem because SS seemed to be with MC when that whole brooch/necklace appearing and disappearing happened.  But I am still leaning towards Officer SS being the 7sins murder and the murder (pretend suicide) with the cross?

Who do you believe was the killer for the others (boxer, grandma, Daniel Lee, YH's friend)?  Also SS?

I've suspected more than one killer, but I've never believed BR was a killer.

SS looks guilty just from matching the muffled voice of the killer who called in to the show.

Another possible clue is that after YH was shot, his last attempted word was "Sh-----."

So then, the killer's wall of photos would belong to SS.

And he would be the yellow slicker boy.

But Jae-hoon (who is shown to hate God) is the son of Ji-eun, and Ji-eun's son is YH.

What is YH's role?  Tracker?  Accomplice?  ...?

We hear YH say this:

"At times, I go on random hunting trips.  This old lady saw something she shouldn’t have and ended up as an unexpected target.  Until it takes its last breath, a prey should fight for dear life.  However, this certain prey lacks the energy to do so.  Which is what makes this hunt too easy and boring."

Was he just reading those words from the killer's diary??

They have been very careful (or very careless :lol:) in the editing to make everything ambiguous.

For example, if it looks like BY was fighting YH at the church, that doesn't mean he is the person who killed the priest.  It also doesn't make him innocent.  (He came after her instead of just leaving.)

@nrllee See how fun this is?  :D  I'm glad you didn't give up on the show.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, nrllee said:

YH is not the 7sins killer.  It’s Officer SS.  The brooch and MW’s necklace.  Only Officer SS knew about that link.  He was in that Evidence Room when BR and MC were talking.  Some of those recent murders seem to be SS (the ones where BR smells mint) and they’ve been mixed up with the lawyer knot killer.  Yes there’s something about the timing of that that’s the problem because SS seemed to be with MC when that whole brooch/necklace appearing and disappearing happened.  

interesting ...i can't wait ep 11...i always had a bad feeling about BR but i  do not want BR to be evil i still hope he is just a genius...

• Like 4