[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

Livestreaming just finished.

It ends with a cliffhanger 

Spoiler

Someone is in the basement where the portraits of MY's Mom and MY and her dad and had a butterfly "pin" went to each room... They just shows the lips. 

The preview 

Spoiler

They are scenes that MY-KT are lovey dovey to each other. I didn't get the whole preview. 

Here's the preview

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

today is such a happy episode, now i'm afraid of tomorrow episode :bawling:

it's scary that now we see 'MY mom' now is short haired.. it's like she IS MY.

now they show the butterfly pin is indeed her mom's.

• Like 15

When you finally see your WOMAN. 128.gif

Ii7XOq7.gif

The extreme POWER HUG.

Spoiler

VK7mARC.gif

I wonder if that sudden attack hug hurts her (.)(.) 51.gif

This part of the kissing scene was so INTENSE. It's so AROUSING. 101.gif 

It makes me swallow my saliva instantly while staring at them.

Spoiler

qfNqMDj.gif

tacslKo.gif

- The hunger of their lips. Eating each other's tongue. 63.gif

• Like 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thirsty 1

34 minutes ago, jeonghyang said:

The hunger of their lips.

Wow! That was an intense kiss!!! Fist one was sweet but this one... wow! Intense and hot! *fanning myself*:ohboy2:

Also, that was a hug full of emotions!! 

@Alex Stefan I agree with you about the person you mentioned in spoiler tag

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thirsty 1

The writer obviously wants to make us suspect the head nurse. The way she said POR is not coming back makes it seem like either she told POR to go and meet GMY and then leave, or she killed POR because she disturbed her daughter or something.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, sussieh said:

Wow! That was an intense kiss!!! Fist one was sweet but this one... wow! Intense and hot! *fanning myself*:ohboy2:

Also, that was a hug full of emotions!! 

@Alex Stefan I agree with you about the person you mentioned in spoiler tag

After the intense kissing session. No more energy. 120.gif 

No more 2nd round. 121.gif

TyziOgh.gif

Spoiler

zLF5nGH.gif

FoHtkHc.gif

How sweet. He knows how to handle her gently whenever she is whining.

KwJ1hzf.gif

ME ----> EnLvVJd.gif stares on her legs. 

The preview is cute. More OTP skinship.

rq1SV6f.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Another great episode 11

Spoiler

So where did Ok-ran go after running away from MY?!! I see many ppl saying she got taken out by the real killer.

I dunno - now I think Ok-ran (gonna call her O now) is the real killer - a crazy fan that killed the the guys’ mom and is trying to impersonate MY’s mom. I think MY’s mom is dead. As we have seen, O likes to play games, taunt ppl and manipulate. Like the way she tortured MY’s father, slipped the note into the book for ST or putting the pen down right when MY was about to scissor attack her. I think she is cut her hair to look like MY now (impressed with MY) and it’s not the head nurse. Watch my guess be totally wrong lol. I have faith that this drama won’t be boring with the stereotypical plot - we can’t be together because your mom killed my mom - misunderstanding. Remember when MY jokes about Romeo and Juliet? The writer can’t let us down now plz...

The hospital director and head nurse just have an unconventional way of doing things. For head nurse, now looking back - her intentions were always good despite strange tactics. 

I didn’t expect such an intense kiss - it made me blushed lol They have incredible chemistry already that it made it like literal fire from the screen. Happy for KT to finally be himself and when he told her he needed her - that was really sweet.

I cried when the brothers fought, but really cried when ST saw his brother happy by admitting in his sleep that he liked MY. I am so happy they are making progress forward into accepting each other as a new family.

Tomorrow’s episode will def be more angst filled as we head towards the climax.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

First of all, Glad Soompi is Back Online!!!

Today's episode had many symbolisms. I kinda wish this was Episode 16 the Happy EnDING , But Alas.

Symbolism 1: The definite Calm before the STORM. Everything seems Aligned before the Spring Comes. Spring means happiness. But for Moon Brothers it's an Alarm to Run AGAIN.

Symbolism 2: Kang-Tae slept like a Baby today (The scene where ST discovers he is happy). Babies usually sleep with their arms wide apart, holding nothing. KT was having a dream of being a Normal Teen and with His Hyung being a teasing that he liked a girl. A kid/ teen trapped inside an Adult's Body.

Symbolism 3 : Green Shirt if ST, he was envied at first when he discovered MY led to KT's happiness, then because HE is an ADULT he acted like one.

Symbolism 4:  ST: I am your Hyung, I am an Adult, KT : Then ACT LIKE ONE!!. Adults sacrifice a lot, finally ST sacrificed his possession KT to MY.

Symbolism 5: I am 70% sure MY's mom killed Moon Mum, she had a similar attire and also the OTT butterfly Clip (My theory of ST mixing his memories because he saw something related to butterflies right before his Mom was killed proved right)

Symbolism 6 : Attires and Actions: MY dresses more happily now, and KT fights back and makes people realize that even if they are the odd one out they are not doing right!!! He Hurts as well.

Things I missed today:

Pizza in its entire Form

JR's mum Food Platter

FAIRY TALE animations.

Things I theorize.

1. MY mum ghost looks very similar to Head Nurse.BUT she always wears a Bun , is a BUN possible in shorter hair? 

2. MY's mum or Imposter OK Ran is the killer , A lady wore a Butterfly Clip before killing Moon Brother's Mum. MY kills butterfly, it is related to killing.

Questions I still have:

1. Where did MY grow Up? In Foster Care?

2. Will we get a Happy Sugar ENding??

• Like 6

I have a feeling that MY's mom is the one who killed KT & ST 's mom but why? I found somewhat the same Butterfly broche in the painting of the kid MY and her day and there's one person who is beside MY ;D

It's getting thrilling. KT just pull his Safety pin in this episode. :D

Also would like to thank the DIRECTOR and WRITER for that intense kiss now im waiting for the BTS of that kiss LOL Imagining Kim Soo Hyun being shyyyy :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OSEN | 2020. 07. 25. 4:55 AM
Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji melt fans' hearts with "intimate" photos like a couple

1D9A5F60-910B-431F-9F7B-2793A4045C6D.jpg

Actors Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji are attracting the audience's attention as they brought a sweet atmosphere like a real couple.

On the afternoon of July 25, Kim Soo Hyun posted many photos on his official SNS and immediately captured the attention of his followers. The reason is that most of the photos are taken with his co-star Seo Ye Ji.

In the photo series, Kim Soo Hyun and Seo Ye Ji are sitting on the bench outdoor amid the beautiful scenery.

There are pictures of them taking selfies and there are also photos of Kim Soo Hyun standing alone and becoming the main character. The actor created a photo series of the "true boyfriend style" that all fans want to possess.

While they were taking selfies, Kim Soo Hyun burst out laughing. Seo Ye Ji also cheered up the atmosphere when laughing along with him and showing her signature eye smiles.

On the other hand, "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (tvN, screenwriter Jo Yong, director Park Shin Woo), which the two are starring in, is a fairy-tale romantic comedy. It is about the process of Kang Tae (played by Kim Soo Hyun), a mental health worker who refuses love because of heavy burdens of life, and Moon Young, a fairy-tale writer who knows nothing about love due to her birth defects, consoling one another and healing each other's wounds.

Currently, Kang Tae and Moon Young are melting viewers when bringing an unpredictable love story.

OSEN = Reporter Kim Bo Ra /purplish@osen.co.kr
Photo = Kim Soo Hyun's SNS
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

——————

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/07/688_293337.html
'Viewership is not everything': K-dramas find norm-breaking recipe for success

By Dong Sun-hwa | 2020-07-25

Spoiler

9C0E299B-79F2-469A-B989-FA9778F790FF.jpg

Romantic fantasy "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020) scored an average viewership rating of 6-8 percent in Korea. Courtesy of SBS

Viewership used to be the pivotal factor in evaluating a Korean drama, and productions with high ratings were exported to reach a global audience. 

But the game has changed ― Korean TV series with fewer viewers can still make an international splash thanks to streaming platforms such as Netflix. Even industry insiders say that "a low viewership has not pushed the K-drama industry over the edge."

A plethora of K-dramas ― including actor Lee Min-ho's romantic fantasy "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020) and Kim Soo-hyun's rom-com "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (2020) ― have conquered the most-watched TV show charts in various countries on Netflix, and others have gained popularity after being exported. 

According to the Korea Creative Content Agency's (KOCCA) latest data, drama exports earned $214 million in 2018, a 19.2 percent jump from 2017. 

8AF5089C-0879-40BC-9BE8-1598B347B8B8.jpg

In contrast, here at home, K-dramas are reeling from dramatic declines in viewership. Popular TV series' ratings hovered around 30 percent until a few years ago, but today, even the most-popular dramas barely exceed 15 percent and less sought-after productions such as KBS's 2020 rom-com "Welcome" hit less than 1 percent. 

Additionally, star-studded casts have failed to save them. 

"The King: Eternal Monarch" ended up garnering average ratings of 6 percent to 8 percent in Korea and "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" has shown a similar trend. In fact, these days, only one or two dramas surpass the 20 percent to 30 percent mark a year, according to a drama production company official who spoke to The Korea Times on condition of anonymity. This can largely be attributed to the rise of streaming platforms, he said. 

"Thanks to Netflix and other services, I can choose to watch TV shows of assorted genres made in the U.S, Europe or many other countries at any time I want to," a Korean woman in her 20s told The Korea Times. "I don't watch Korean TV series frequently because of their cookie-cutter stories and excessive product placement," (PPL).

A rise in the number of people sharing comparable perspectives with her has triggered a fall in the ratings. But this has not excessively damaged the K-drama industry, according to the official. 

"Viewership is no longer the absolute criterion for a drama," he said. "Even local broadcasters have lowered the target viewership ― they used to provide incentives to production companies if a drama recorded about a 20 percent rating, but now have lowered the bar as they know how much the industry has changed. 

"Hence, instead of striving to boost the viewership in Korea, the production companies are seeking to diversify the platforms for their works to reach global viewers."

This has become a new recipe for success for K-dramas. 

Nowadays, many productions ― especially the smaller ones ― are turning to Netflix. The streaming giant is known to cover a large portion ― sometimes even 100 percent ― of the total production cost that can be as high as tens of billions of won. Through the service, the production companies can also showcase their TV series to viewers in more than 190 countries.

7CCDECA4-EA32-4DD3-A8CB-27978D1097F7.jpg
Actors Kim Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji star in the ongoing rom-com "It's Okay to Not Be Okay." Courtesy of tvN

Korean broadcasters, on the other hand, are not financially healthy enough to pay all the costs due to several factors, including the COVID-19 pandemic, so they usually cover only 60 percent to 70 percent. To make up for the remainder, production companies can resort to advertisements, or PPL, but the faltering economy here has been hampering their search for partners. 

This has led some production companies to begin making content customized for Netflix or other buyers from abroad for their survival. The official said the latter almost always want to bring "a Korean rom-com starring a popular and good-looking male lead" to their country. Their preference is distinctive from that of Koreans, who have asked drama makers to stop focusing on romance and diversify the genres of their productions.

"When we offer other genres such as a medical drama, 90 percent of overseas buyers turn them down irrespective of their quality," the official said. "Maybe this is because Korean rom-coms such as Descendants of the Sun have been making waves around the world. 

"Global viewers have different sentiments. They seem to be fond of the narrative arc of these stories and how the characters handle conflicts. Whether a big-name hallyu star appears or not also matters for them." 

Pop culture critic Kim Hern-sik elaborated on the "contrasting sentiments." 

"Korean viewers tend to value realism quite a lot, while the global audience doesn't," he told The Korea Times. "Thus, many Koreans might have felt that fantasy dramas like The King lacked realism to an excessive extent, but international viewers seemingly did not mind that." 

Drama critic Yun Suk-jin, a professor of Korean Language and Literature at Chungbuk National University in North Chungcheong Province, talked about the future.

"Celebrities like Lee Min-ho can draw global viewers and help his dramas gain worldwide popularity," Yoon said. "But as time goes by, viewers abroad will also prioritize a drama's quality over the actors." 

K-drama makers agree with him. Production companies are striving to upgrade the quality of their work to eventually win over audiences at home and abroad. 

"Most drama productions still value the local market and want to attract more viewers in their home country," the official said. "We also believe that high quality can bring us more recognition in and out of Korea." 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1