[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

I've been watching this drama, and the visuals, direction and basic concept is all good and done very well (especially tying in the fairy tales with darker reality), the acting is good (that last scene from episode 9 was just heartbreaking) but the show has gone very slow and full of fillers, and for the love of common sense, all 3 i.e. MY, KT, ST need heavy proper counseling sessions separately with proper doctors. Because at this point all of it looks pretty ridiculous to me.

That hospital is extremely suspicious to me, the manner in which Dr. Wang carries himself and his 'sessions' is all nonsense, same is the case with Nurse Park. These two don't run the hospital at all, instead everyone is doing and saying and screaming whatever the hell they want to, Dr. Wang plays good cop, Nurse Park plays bad cop but nothing gets resolved. It's all chaos! I hope it turns out in the end that these two 'heads' were more crazy than the patients, Nurse Park is MY's evil mother/ murderer and Dr. Wang is some long lost uncle or brother of hers and the 2 of them run the hospital because it is fun for them to see crazy looney toones behavior and let all kinds of crazy things happen! Plus they can control patients and MY.

This hospital is not curing anyone. That's for sure. The publisher Sang-In has more logical sense than the doctors and caretakers combined!

KT is working as a health care professional (caretaker) in a mental health institution and there have been 2-3 episodes where his depression, outbursts and other issues with brother or MY have come forth, but no one bats an eye and it's business as usual. Doesn't anyone check the backgrounds of caretakers or talk to them to see if they are able to handle duties or not? He literally has never even discovered what he'd like to do for an hour let alone in life as a job, or as a man! At this rate, he'll be hanging himself near the wall ST has painted!

ST needs help from a proper professional, not being hidden and taken from town to town (with his doormat brother giving up his life for him all the time), he needs a proper doctor to get past the trauma of childhood and also how to communicate emotions and build healthy boundaries. He is a talented fellow and can earn a huge income from his illustrations with MY's work and others.

Same is required of MY. Love does not conquer all and unless the drama wants a repeat of marriage of MY's parents (where one was dominant, the other submissive, one was abusive, the other is denial and didn't protect the daughter, and there is a murder to hide! And someone ends up choking kids!), MY and KT are looking at repeating the marital cycle of MY's parents in that castle. She needs professional help and needs to recognize that she does. Plus, she is an extremely talented successful storyteller. What will KT do as the brother and boyfriend of 2 talented successful people? Become their agent? 

So they all need to fix themselves with proper guidance, not this haphazard way of sex appeal and brotherly angst!

The serial is enforcing wrong things, MY, KT, ST relationship right now has all the hallmarks of a toxic, co-dependent, emotionally constipated relationship, like everything will be okay if only they had a caravan to run away together! 

Too much time wasted on non-central /. non-essential characters. Should've been a 20-episode serial. Not enough progress on the 3 leads mental issues.

It's NOT okay to be not okay! There I've said it!

• Like 2

HI all, just a gentle reminder that though we're all feeling really elated right now that the forums are up and running. Please  try to add more quality content to your posts aside from expressing your happiness and excitement that the forums are working fine now. Thank you.:)

@pad-hari, please check your PM. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Spoiler

- There's a "bed scene" with PASSIONATE KISSING - BEST BDAY GIFT FOR THE BDAY GIRL 

- MY is taking care of KT because he is sick

- Park Ok Ran is a fan of MY's Mom

- They're sleeping in the same bed - MY and KT

- MY hurt her hand and KT treat it by wrapping her hand.

- KT told MY about ST's trauma and his mom's murder

SPOILER ABOVE (not in order). Please brace yourself

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thirsty 1

so we got a glimpse that the women who killed KT mom, wore butterfly pin and 'caress' ST head that's why he hated it.

i need to brace my self now it's like 90% that the killer is MY mother..T.T there must be another separation for our couple because of this T.T

• Like 4