[Drama 2020] It's Okay not to be Okay, 사이코지만 괜찮아

0ly40

That was a beautiful moment when Sang Tae acted as the older bro and embraced Gang Tae~ My heart aches for both.. I truly still hope that Moon Young with Gang Tae will find a resolution to include Sang Tae into their lives. I mean Sang Tae has no issues with  Jae Soo anyways. 

And it appears to be so in next week's preview where Moon Young expresses she needs a brother like Sang Tae. I understand he's possessive of Gang Tae but his sibling is a person with a life ahead of him. He needs to learn to compromise and well.. share. 

Sang Tae actually understands a lot more than he lets on. He understands their mother wasn't a good parent to Gang Tae. 

Oh goodness so that patient, Ok Ran is Moon Young's mother after all!?    

I laughed a bit when Sang Tae mentioned Dooly had a birth secret. Looks like it's a common trope LoL. I don't really like how Moon Young's been styled in recent ep. It's like she's a widow ha-ha, with the slick  back hair and black clothes. Well Seo Ye Ji did spend time in Spain so she look the part LoL?

I like how Sang In told Moon Young that you can like a person in different ways.      

Joo Ri's mom was really sweet in preparing Moon Young's b'day meal. This is what I observed after watching quite a considerable amount of K-dramas. Their older generation are very welcoming and warm, something I wish there's more of among the seniors in my country. Everyone's so selfish nowadays.     

• Like 11

Kim Soo-hyun'Psycho, but it's okay' No 1 content impact index

The tvN drama 'Psycho But It's Okay' starring Kim Soo-hyun maintained the top spot in the drama category for the content impact index. 

According to CJ ENM on the 20th, 'Psycho, but it's okay', ranked first on the 2nd of July, 2020 (July 6th, 2020-July 12th, 2020), with 285.5 CPI in the drama content influence index ranking.  'Psycho but it's okay' took the first place in the week before. 

Following 'Psycho but it's okay', KBS 2TV weekend drama 'Once Again' took the second place, and SBS 'Convenience Store Morning Star', tvN 'Unfamiliar Family', and JTBC 'Graceful Friends' ranked in the top five. 
'Once Again' maintained the same rank as the previous week, and 'Convenience Store Morning Star' and 'Unfamiliar Family' changed the ranks side by side. In the case of Graceful Friends, they climbed 13 steps from the previous week and ranked fifth and proved topical. 

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002880590

https://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2020072017361087918

499f5693ly1ggwr5q8isrj222o0yinpg.jpg

Psycho is okay, Netflix global ranking [2020.07.20]

NO 1 in 8 countries, TOP 10 in 26 countries, and NO 8 Worldwide

IMG_8568.jpg?type=w800

IMG_8569.jpg?type=w800

• Like 6

9 hours ago, africandramalover said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly about the kiss... I think that the moment on the balcony that was interrupted by the deer should have been their first kiss. It fit more with the the lust that they have been holding back.  The softer flowery kiss should have been their second kiss. The contrast between the two would have been very effective. They went for the humor of the deer, which was funny but yeah... after the laugh I was left cheated.

That soft kiss was underwhelming, if we are honest with ourselves, considering that they've harped on how KMY pines for MKT and MKT can barely hold himself back... Regardless of them being each other's first loves and probably never having had a kiss before, I think that there's an eagerness in a first kiss that would have been shown especially considering how hot they are for each other. Anyway, the kiss happened and thankfully it was not one of those ridiculous open-eyed closed-mouth ones. I would have rioted if we got one of those!!!

I had pegged the head nurse as the mum, but during the course of last week I thought to myself that the mum must be hiding in plain sight. I thought for a moment that that humming patient is KMY's mum and felt vindicated that she was the one who appeared at the door, but now I am back to square one. Isn't it too early for KMY to deal with the MOTHER storyline? We still have six episodes. I would expect that it would be the last storyline explored, from episode 14 or thereabouts... What do y'all think?

Glad to read another person's opinion which is the same as mine.

If the kiss happened at the balcony, I would also prefer it, true. I mean:

3f067886e881415ee07f82403229bfef7e5bb3c0

Also, this moment was a bit more suitable (in my opinion) than the peck:

b682697f231fac34230f52846eaf5b61ed7567b8

Source: kwakkitate (tumblr)

But I said I won't talk anymore about this. :P What is done, is done, despite some of us not 100% liking it. :D Fingers crossed for more than a peck in the next episodes. :wub:

• Like 5
  • Thirsty 1

Firstly, this drama scares me with so many ghost scenes, terrible ghost sounds, even the Clementine now seems so wrong to my ears. :wacko: Yet I love how KSH here, his face seems smaller, probably his hair-cut makes it that way.  His smile is bright as ever.  This is first time for me to know Seo Yea Ji.  Her face is even smaller than KSH, pretty and cute, but very ill-mannered and intimidating.

Secondly, when I watch this - I feel like watching almost similar life of my best friend.  Eventhough I haven't seen her lost herself like KMY, she told me how explosive she can be.  She can be so sweet like KMY without anger.  I suggested her to watch this, try to portray from third party sight.  May be through this observation, one can have more awareness and do more self-control.

There were so many times, I closed my eyes and shut my ears especially when the young KMY met her mother, having her mother flying on top of her in her dreams, in front of the mirror.  Not to mention the dungeon, so creepy I couldn't see with my eyes half-closed.  There was nothing norm to raise a kid in such situation.  When one grows up, chances turn into bipolar disorder.  In the story, it suits to have her safety pin.  One can understand her on her ups and downs, can calm her during her anxiety, and be there for her all the time.  When the safety pin is not around, something is missing and she'll turn into monster and wild.

Not sure where this drama will lead to, but her safety pin is not someone raised in peaceful family as well.  The calm caregiver hides a lot of pains and unspoken words inside.  What we saw was when he ran back to save his brother when firstly he thought of killing him.  That might be the turning point whereby he accepted the fact that he needed to take care of his autism brother his whole life, that he was to know his mother gave birth to him purposely to guard his ill brother.  And through the sadness, he came to realize his mother loved him as much, brought them back for the spicy noodle that his brother couldn't bear to have.  He didn't have much choices, moving one place to another, switching jobs and cities, and being a caregiver, the most safe skill to take care of his brother while make a living.  He seemed able to keep the balance of KMY and ST, until ST found out he lied again for KMY, the only best fried ST would have and adore.  At the end of ep 9, KMY seemed to finally realize that the life of her safety pin was not as good as it seemed. 

I haven't watched ep 10.  This is another psychological drama aside from It's OK It's Love (JIS and GHJ).  This one is creepier.  Ok Ran is a mystery for KMY father, a lot mysteries are folded.  I wish someone accompany me watching this to the end :wut:

• Like 6

GT and MY should do something for themselves.

To spend the night together.

Far from all the emotional blackmail. 

And after that they can still hold eachothers hand tightly like in that beautiful scene...

EdRL5bFU8AAkN2j?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

because of your question I watched the scenes a few more times and also looked up  the story about Dooly to understand it more. 

Please share Dooly's story :) @YongZura⁷

I  want to know what that cartoon on tape is all about. It keeps playing at some crux moments.

as for the nurse... dont think about it. I am  ok irrespective of whether she is good or bad, i just like everything explained  :)

also it is nice to know how same thing can be interpreted differently by different people :)

How far is saturday?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I have a few thoughts on the topics that have been brought up.

Sang Tae doesn't have a romantic interest in Moon Young. The only people he's ever had in his life are Kang Tae and Jae Su. While Jae Su is a friend, he's more of a fixture in Sang Tae's life. No work really went in to Jae Su befriending Sang Tae because, in all likelihood, he was really looking for friendship with Kang Tae and including Sang Tae was part of the 'deal'. Moon Young is the first person to offer to be his friend.

At first, I believe she did so because getting on Sang Tae's good side was good for her in relation to Kang Tae. But, quickly, she realized that she and Sang Tae are very much alike. So, Sang Tae was a fan and now he's established a friendship with someone outside of his very small circle. 

The kiss, in my opinion, was perfect. Kang Tae needed to be the one to take initiative and decide to kiss Moon Young. On the balcony, he was being swept up by the mood and his feelings so when the deer interrupted, he got scared off. He wasn't emotionally ready for that kiss or the aftermath. In the guest house, Moon Young once again became the aggressor and pushed where she shouldn't have pushed. If he'd given in then, it would have been succumbing to her wishes and taken the power away from him.

His decision to kiss her - even the peck - was important. It showed that he was ready for that step...he's ready and accepting of the idea of a relationship with Moon Young. And Moon Young's reaction was perfect. Her aggression is an act. She needs someone to be gentle with her. To show her that love isn't all lust and sex. Kang Tae took the initiative and showed her that he wanted to kiss her - not that he was simply giving in to her wishes. They were on equal footing in that moment.

Anyway...just my thoughts. I also agree that something is up with the Head Nurse. I really wouldn't be surprised if she's Moon Young's mother.

• Like 19
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

Please share Dooly's story :) @YongZura⁷

:approves: I'll give you the link that I found yesterday for you to explore whenever you are free .. Dooly The Little Dinosaur Ep. 1 

I agree every little bits in each episode means something.  The dialogue that MST said together with the characters in Ep. 1 does hit you....

Dooly  : I'm still going to love you

You're as pitiful as I am

Ahjussi : I'm not pitiful

Dooly   : Yes, you are

Ahjussi: You're even treating me like an orphan?

Dooly   : Even if you're not, you think and act like an orphan

You're ruthless, insecure, thoughtless and empty hearted

But I'm still going to love you

Do you know why...

because I decided to do so

Ahjussi: I also decided...

I'm still going to love you

How far is saturday?

Another fairy tale next week.. opps not next week... this week...

So who is the unique "duckling"?

p.s I wish I can join MY's class ... 

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

@Yong Ae Chong welcome and do not apologize! This place was made for drama fans to discuss the dramas. I enjoyed reading your thoughts and agree with you.

Especially the line about how even when this drama has so many layers, the message is straightforward and clear. I love this aspect to much. 

@YongZura⁷ thanks for the dinosaur clip! I didn’t know it was a real thing lol. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The fairy tales that applied on the two latest EP 9 and 10 were really interesting :

EP 9 - The King has Donkey Ears 
EP 10 -  The Boy Who Cried Wolf  

Both stories related to a keyword - TRUST, once the trust is broken, it will take a long time to recover.

The moment they walk away from confrontation and they will be walking towards tranquility of self-healing. What I like about this writer is that the scene allowed both brothers (KT and ST) to enjoy a moment of tranquility (one hide in the room, one went out to the beach), they must have enough room in their heart to accept forgiveness, empty their heart of hatred and negative feelings. There was this touching moment when they hugged each other on that evening to clear their misunderstanding in the past. The heart can sometimes be deceived but it never lies. Occasionally a good cry out helps release an enormous amount of tension, stress and unhappiness.  The two fairy tales emphasized on trust vs. deception which hit badly on ST's belief. Trust can be a fragile thing, but it is the foundation on which all relationships are built. Can ST trust his brother once again? Certainly it takes a while for him to heal and rebuild the confidence in his little brother. But he can only rely on his little brother throughout his life journey. He became possessive ever since they had lost their mum. Something that a person relies on a long time habitual way is not easy to let go, only by self-discovery, self growth, will be able to find peace in future. KT for sure will be part of his journey of self-growth, and it will be a very long journey...

The inner emotion explosions acted by ST and KT are in superb performance, I hope this drama can win the grand prize or best drama for 2020 (if there is no other better drama in the 2nd half of the year). I hope both Kim Soo-Hyun and Oh Jung-Se are able to win for best actor and best supporting roles, of course must include our beautiful lead actress,  Seo Yea Ji too....haha

I look forward to have more traditional tales from the writer on the upcoming EP...

• Like 12

It's Okay To Not Be Okay On VOD real-time + daily list (July 20th) No. 1

VOD is a pay-per-view movie 

Real-time [ranking based on the number of sales per hour] on July 20 : It's Okay To Not Be Okay NO 1

59e054fbgy1ggy91kiljdj20u0158dka.jpg

Daily list [ranked based on the number of sales] on July 20 : It's Okay To Not Be Okay NO 1

59e054fbgy1ggy91l3ow5j20u015b78p.jpg

Weekly Ranking [Ranking based on the number of sales from July 14 to July 20] : It's Okay To Not Be Okay NO 2

59e054fbgy1ggy91ljqfij20u015yaep.jpg

In addition, on home choice, another website that provides VOD,  It's Okay To Not Be Okay No 2 on the TV series weekly list

More pic

Spoiler

59e054fbgy1ggy91nkszhj20u016i0za.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think the Dooly story being brought up isn't about a birth secret but more that you can still be a family even if you are not related by blood. And as the drama progresses, it already seems like one big family is slowly forming. JR's mom is already taking on the role of mom for KT, ST, JS, slowly for Sang In and Seung Jae, and in the most recent episode, she cooked birthday seaweed soup for MY. And for MY, she could've had her steak dinner offered by Sang In but instead showed up to JR's house for a home cooked meal by JR's mom. And isn't birthday seaweed soup often cooked by one's parent growing up. Sang In is acting more like a big brother to MY. JS has previously mentioned in another episode he wished to be KT's brother but since KT already has ST and really needs a friend more, he became his friend. And based on the preview for next episode, MY wants ST to be her brother too. 

And it's funny it was brought up that the hospital president used to have a crush on JR's mom. I thought that was cute and I really like these two characters. I hope he still has a chance lol. One seems like a quirky but genius dad figure who resolve conflicts through blackmail :joy: and the other is a kind mom figure who gives good advice and cooks delicious food :heart:.

It's nice to see Kim Chang Wan in a drama with Kim Soo Hyun again. They were awesome together in My Love From The Stars and they are awesome here. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2

51 minutes ago, alexaze said:

I just saw this show in my country's top 10 on Netflix lol. Even though the ratings dipped last episode in Korea, it's nice to see it growing internationally

yeah but the show still does not give content to us international viewers T.T

we already passed half of the series..but no swoon promotional videos either until now :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 5