[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I swear I tried (and I'm still trying) soooo hard to move on from this drama but here I am, on this thread again :bawling:

So apparently a handful of people are still caught up with that 'Let's skip that' comment from TE (when LG asked why she remembers) saying that it's a lazy fix from the writer, but uhmmmm was it not clear that it was the Yoyo kid's mentioning of the red string of fate and how she would rather not let it break? Okay I got that during the show but I guess it was not very obvious for a lot of viewers. Hmmmmmmm

I think KES should hold a special Q&A for all of us lol

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I have some questions since I just finished watching TKEM yesterday. 

My question is about Lady Nuh she mentioned about being brought over my LG's grandfather what relations do his grandfather and her have were they dating and which year did she come over and also when did he find out that she crossed over from ROK. 

The another question is about Lee Lim aging because he didn't age in the last 25 years and we found out that it was the flute or was he inside the inbetween where time flows much slowly? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

I swear I tried (and I'm still trying) soooo hard to move on from this drama but here I am, on this thread again :bawling:

So apparently a handful of people are still caught up with that 'Let's skip that' comment from TE (when LG asked why she remembers) saying that it's a lazy fix from the writer, but uhmmmm was it not clear that it was the Yoyo kid's mentioning of the red string of fate and how she would rather not let it break? Okay I got that during the show but I guess it was not very obvious for a lot of viewers. Hmmmmmmm

I think KES should hold a special Q&A for all of us lol

What was JTE supposed to say at that moment exactly?  Even she doesn't know why her memories were retained.  Even LG wouldn't know why his own memories were retained.

I do admit that I at least wanted her to tell him that she was the one who took LR to the gate instead of SJ.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

I have some questions since I just finished watching TKEM yesterday. 

My question is about Lady Nuh she mentioned about being brought over my LG's grandfather what relations do his grandfather and her have were they dating and which year did she come over and also when did he find out that she crossed over from ROK. 

The another question is about Lee Lim aging because he didn't age in the last 25 years and we found out that it was the flute or was he inside the inbetween where time flows much slowly? 

The story between her and LG's grandfather was not explored anymore, except for the fact that he was the one who brought her over to KoC. As for the year, she said she never heard any news from her hometown for 67 years, so probably around 1952 or 1953. I think LG knew from episode 3, when he got Kim-So-Wol's book of poems. At the end of episode 15 he said he recognized one of Lady Noh's lullabies to him in that book, so when he saw that it is in a book from RoK, he knew that Lady Noh was from RoK (I hope that made sense). 

Here's his line from episode 15:

".. You must have been so lonely. You kept my secret and yours all to yourself. That book of poems was a gift for you. The lullaby you used to sing to me was in that book.."

As for your second question I think so. He might probably be spending much of his time inside the portal, that's why he's able to delay his aging. It could also explain why his plans are so stupid because he hasn't really been planning for 25 years. Maybe for him it's just a couple of months lololol (correct me Monarchs if I am wrong tho)

16 minutes ago, gwin said:

What was JTE supposed to say at that moment exactly?  Even she doesn't know why her memories were retained.  Even LG wouldn't know why his own memories were retained.

I do admit that I at least wanted her to tell him that she was the one who took LR to the gate instead of SJ.

Exactly! She herself is probably confused and lost with everything that's happening lol. Even she would not be able to explain that properly. In my own opinion the scene showing yoyo kid with that line on whether to break the red string or not was brilliant. It was subtle yet it explains a lot of things. But I admit it can really fly above many people's heads.

Maybe TE eventually told LG about how it all happened, but yah I'm happy even if it wasn't shown on screen anymore. The yoyo kid scene was enough for me :wub:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

The story between her and LG's grandfather was not explored anymore, except for the fact that he was the one who brought her over to KoC. As for the year, she said she never heard any news from her hometown for 67 years, so probably around 1952 or 1953. I think LG knew from episode 3, when he got Kim-So-Wol's book of poems. At the end of episode 15 he said he recognized one of Lady Noh's lullabies to him in that book, so when he saw that it is in a book from RoK, he knew that Lady Noh was from RoK (I hope that made sense). 

Here's his line from episode 15:

".. You must have been so lonely. You kept my secret and yours all to yourself. That book of poems was a gift for you. The lullaby you used to sing to me was in that book.."

As for your second question I think so. He might probably be spending much of his time inside the portal, that's why he's able to delay his aging. It could also explain why his plans are so stupid because he hasn't really been planning for 25 years. Maybe for him it's just a couple of months lololol (correct me Monarchs if I am wrong tho)

Thanks for the answers. 

You said that he was planning for couple of months I would say more like 2-3yrs which means he has been going inside and outside of the inbetween to hibernate. 

The last thing I wanna ask is about LJH's mom why did Lee Lim kept her as hostage for 25 years?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flloy House said:

If LMHxKGE reunited in another project it would be waste of their time in my opinion but doing S2 would be much better as everything is build up for them now and on their return things will flow smoothly

why waste of time? I think it's okay as long as they get good project and we can see them again, well for my case I just want to see LMH again soon, hahaha. I watched their bts of how the two imitates doctors doing surgery. I think if they can do doctor romantic season 3, they looked good and the screen writer for this has good records. ah... drama god please return oppa to dramaland soon!

============================================================================================

The smiles are contagious... 

img.gif

I thought LR's head was chopped off but it turned out it's still intact. :lol:

img.gif

credit to Monnsol

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

You said that he was planning for couple of months I would say more like 2-3yrs which means he has been going inside and outside of the inbetween to hibernate. 

Agree with this!

12 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

The last thing I wanna ask is about LJH's mom why did Lee Lim kept her as hostage for 25 years?

From what we learned in episode 15 LL's ultimate plan is to reveal LJH's mom in KoC during the late Queen's (LG's original mother) memorial mass. She would be revealed as a proof that another world exists, which would have caused massive fear and chaos among the citizens of KoC, establishing him as a powerful almost-godly figure and a very real threat to LG and the Royal Court/KoC government. Sadly though, this never happened (lol). I think I mentioned before that I wished this plan succeeded, as the tension would have been really, really high. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CRAZY

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

why waste of time? I think it's okay as long as they get good project and we can see them again, well for my case I just want to see LMH again soon, hahaha. I watched their bts of how the two imitates doctors doing surgery. I think if they can do doctor romantic season 3, they looked good and the screen writer for this has good records. ah... drama god please return oppa to dramaland soon!

============================================================================================

The smiles are contagious... 

I thought LR's head was chopped off but it turned out it's still intact. :lol:

credit to Monnsol

If they leave example TKEM S2 they will have to start from the beginning and it's not easy getting this much noise for a project and alot of things have to come together in order for a show to become a craze. TKEM was just that for them but if they leave it and begin from the start they won't have the same fans of the show following them. 

Another thing I wanna mention is that something like Doctor Romantic is not for mass consumption and probably a niche drama and the same goes to shows like Hospital playlist etc etc and all these dramas that has something to do with social issues or work place drama etc etc. Fans in large will be upset to see LMH in such works in my opinion. 

It's like telling MCU fans watch something like a doctor movie on cinema ofcourse they won't tune in and would think you are joking with them because these shows/movies are for selective audience and targetted group and not for mass consumption. The concept has to be right for him in order to reach massive consumption level and this is what TKEM is all about. They need to continue but if you put them both on a hospital series 95% of the viewers will tune out while only the hardcores will remain or genre fans who like hospital based dramas like Greys anatomy. 

Hospital dramas are genre based and viewed as such while having their own targetted audience which means they can continue getting produced as long these genre fans watch it but to be honest with you it's a cult nothing more just like how crime series are nowadays and Horror genre they have a niche genre following not for mass

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Omg. Finally, after another long day, I am back to chat with you guys! but it’s already getting late.

Sometimes i tell my mom we need to hire maids and cooks to help us around and she says “why? We can do it ourselves.” Lol. Yes we can but the point is to make it less work for us :lol:

@Heilo @mrsj3n that article..lol. While i was reading it, i kept saying “in the end, she still betrayed her king for her own greed. And why? Because he wouldn’t marry her?” Even after the drama has ended, I am still like this with her:

source.gif

:joy:

@Heilo aww thanks! I will definitely let you guys know whenever i need help with the polls :D

@Alice Wonderland aw thanks! The polls should be up soon :D

———

If there is a season 2 which I actually doubt we will have it, using a different cast will give us a different story and it wouldn’t feel the same anymore. For this version, i am better off having it end this way because what I don’t want is a spin-off. That would be horrible :crazy:

EDIT

alright. Poll is up! 

thanks @Lmangla :wub:

everyone let’s vote! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Omg. Finally, after another long day, I am back to chat with you guys! but it’s already getting late.

Sometimes i tell my mom we need to hire maids and cooks to help us around and she says “why? We can do it ourselves.” Lol. Yes we can but the point is to make it less work for us :lol:

@Heilo @mrsj3n that article..lol. While i was reading it, i kept saying “in the end, she still betrayed her king for her own greed. And why? Because he wouldn’t marry her?” Even after the drama has ended, I am still like this with her:

:joy:

@Heilo aww thanks! I will definitely let you guys know whenever i need help with the polls :D

@Alice Wonderland aw thanks! The polls should be up soon :D

———

If there is a season 2 which I actually doubt we will have it, using a different cast will give us a different story and it wouldn’t feel the same anymore. For this version, i am better off having it end this way because what I don’t want is a spin-off. That would be horrible :crazy:

EDIT

alright. Poll is up! 

thanks @Lmangla :wub:

everyone let’s vote! 

Is it gonna hang up for 3 days and then a new one for another 3 days? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Agree with this!

From what we learned in episode 15 LL's ultimate plan is to reveal LJH's mom in KoC during the late Queen's (LG's original mother) memorial mass. She would be revealed as a proof that another world exists, which would have caused massive fear and chaos among the citizens of KoC, establishing him as a powerful almost-godly figure and a very real threat to LG and the Royal Court/KoC government. Sadly though, this never happened (lol). I think I mentioned before that I wished this plan succeeded, as the tension would have been really, really high. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CRAZY

You sure this was the reaction he was looking for because I was thinking to only shock Lee Gon main while the citizens won't know her because she died ages ago unless they bring it up on the media and it starts trending otherwise would be a counter-productive plan. 

I would just like to know your reasoning behind this 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Flloy House said:

We dodged a bullet there but it would be interesting if he somehow got hold of it or fought LG for it.

It could set up something to build on and perhaps a good story line. By the way is his name Lee Jin?

@Flloy House Hahah that would have been really interesting for sure !! It could almost be like the war of the worlds hahaha. Oh well I highly doubt that there will be a second season ,but it would be an interesting concept to explore if there was a second season lol. And yea his name is Lee Jin in that newspaper JTE was reading from lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Is it gonna hang up for 3 days and then a new one for another 3 days? 

plan is, and if we want of course, we can set up a new poll after this one as long as the thread is still kicking :D poll usually will run 3 days max then close. afterwards, we can put up suggestions for a new poll if we want ;) 

• Like 2

Just now, SweetButters said:

@Flloy House Hahah that would have been really interesting for sure !! It could almost be like the war of the worlds hahaha. Oh well I highly doubt that there will be a second season ,but it would be an interesting concept to explore if there was a second season lol. And yea his name is Lee Jin in that newspaper JTE was reading from lol.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention because I didn't catch it on my first watch that the name was Lee Jin. I think it could be quite interesting to explore Lee Jin and some of the other JTE's from different worlds or explore different timelines example far in the future would be awesome in my opinion

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@Chellsee that hot kiss inside the CCTV room is my afternoon dessert :love: TQ.

@syntychewho dare to says LG can't handle guns will get beheaded soon,hahahaha. 

But he failed his Military test ! correct me if I am wrong :lol:

Wait, I saw the new poll is up. :love:

When is the closing date ?

Edit :  saw the post, is closing on Thur

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2