[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

It stands for Product Placements. Basically, a product is indirectly advertised in the drama :D 

that scene with TE at the skincare shop was just blatantly... in your face . complete with the salesperson promoting the product lol. 

also, that ironman mask, although  i'm fine with that cos it was genuinely funny 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Just now, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters haha talking about War of the Worlds, there was a meme about someone walking out of the quarantine lockdown only to see those machines outside. It was hilarious. My sister didn’t get it but i told her that she gotta watch the movie first to understand the meme LOL. But man what a sight it would be if we had all the LGs from different worlds come to KOC just do what LR tried to do :D :lol: I would love it!

@vangsweetie637 HAHHAHA but for real though that meme is so applicable now hahaha. Freaking quarantine is the reason why I became so invested in TKEM. Otherwise if we weren't in this pandemic, I don't think I would've ever became as invested in TKEM to the extent that I joined a forum for the first time ever, created charts, revisited my knowledge of freaking physics and qm just to understand a freaking Kdrama lol. At the same time, I'm glad that because of this pandemic, I was able to discover WDH in TKEM (literally never knew he existed before this show lol) and I was able to engage with all you lovely people to formulate all kinds of theories and discussions hahaha.:kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, yonhap said:

hi all, i have been lurking ever since the thread started. Enjoy all the comments in the thread.

i am one of those who have enjoyed all 16 episodes but felt something was missing at the end of it. decided to start a fan fiction if anyone is interested

https://www.wattpad.com/903628576-the-king-eternal-monarch-chapter-1 

We have fanfic crazed people here while some of them are into some strong fanfics :joy: But you are in the right place 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

we can go public and share it if you want. I will do it too shortly :D because it will give us all something to discuss about. 

@Wanderer062287 oh no..I wasn’t a theorist or a mathematician or a scientist here lol. I was the drinker and open bar owner :joy: and the one who rented the green dumpster for the finale LOL. 

i agree. There was no mention of her mistakes and greed. That’s why i was like “wow..what is this?” 

if the spin off has LMH then oh yeah!! Of course lol. But with second seasons, we will rarely see the same leads :( those two choices you mentioned are on the poll. Did you vote for those choices? 

@SweetButters haha talking about War of the Worlds, there was a meme about someone walking out of the quarantine lockdown only to see those machines outside. It was hilarious. My sister didn’t get it but i told her that she gotta watch the movie first to understand the meme LOL. But man what a sight it would be if we had all the LGs from different worlds come to KOC just do what LR tried to do :D :lol: I would love it!

Sure why not I will first see what others say then I will share mine:kiss_wink:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@vangsweetie637 HAHHAHA but for real though that meme is so applicable now hahaha. Freaking quarantine is the reason why I became so invested in TKEM. Otherwise if we weren't in this pandemic, I don't think I would've ever became as invested in TKEM to the extent that I joined a forum for the first time ever, created charts, revisited my knowledge of freaking physics and qm just to understand a freaking Kdrama lol. At the same time, I'm glad that because of this pandemic, I was able to discover WDH in TKEM (literally never knew he existed before this show lol) and I was able to engage with all you lovely people to formulate all kinds of theories and discussions hahaha.:kiss_wink:

right up there with you sweetbutters. i usually just watch dramas as they are and was never interested enough to even discuss it with friends, let alone join a forum . Although i must admit it was WDH who got me even more curious, and like you i never knew he existed lol. The story itself was also really compelling and just very different from the usual kdramas that we watched. My friends first brought up this show because of how bad and complicated it was and they dropped it after ep1/2, they even told us NOT to watch it.   i watched it anyway (cos who wouldn't want to watch LMH) and boy am i glad i did!  Yes it's complicated, but that is precisely why this drama is appealing. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

7 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

that scene with TE at the skincare shop was just blatantly... in your face . complete with the salesperson promoting the product lol. 

also, that ironman mask, although  i'm fine with that cos it was genuinely funny 

i agree! It was advertised bluntly to us! :lol:

4 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

only if you have watched that movie then the meme makes total sense and you get a laugh out of it LOL. This pandemic really shut everyone down from their daily ventures so for me, I had more time to watch kdramas and join my soompi drama threads. I am usually active in dramas I really like. And the most wonderful thing is meeting new friends like all of you here too! Because if we meet again in another thread, we will remember each other :D i mean, WDH does have a new drama coming soon too ;)

@syntyche aww no problem. We all want to also reach the 1000 mark and go beyond because TKEM is beautifully amazing! :wub:

Hmm..where is @Time loop and @AgentQuake and @Heretorant I usually see them around this time.

I know @mrsj3n is sleeping and probably @Joanna Alfson and @Elnin Joery are too :D

• Like 1
  • Love 7

39 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I haven't been able to follow the discussions; I'm again stuck in the past of this thread :lol: Will answer the poll later. 

LOL. Same here. For now I've just read random posts. As you see the thread keeps moving fast even everything has ended. The drama has ended but we're still unable to get over this. Come to the present soon! Hahaha.

1 hour ago, Kelvin Lin said:

Does anyone know why Lee Gon place a Keycard in Luna's Rabbit costume?Eps 14

He put it so Luna can enter the racetrack easily. She won't come inside without the keycard. It must be used to open the gate or something like that. That is why she was there to bait LG to chase for her until he finds the portal in the bamboo forest.

if the spin off has LMH then oh yeah!! Of course lol. But with second seasons, we will rarely see the same leads :( those two choices you mentioned are on the poll. Did you vote for those choices? 

@vangsweetie637 hahaha. Everything when oppa is in it, I'm in. I'll just need to ffd for the scenes if it's too unbearable. Hahaha. 

Yes, the choices are there. But I can't pick on them anymore as I've clicked on other scenes. It said 3 choices so I assume the check list will automatically blocked me from clicking more than that. But nevermind, it's fine. That's the fun to decide which one is the top three of all choices. 

Haha it's not over until we get ep16 BTS and also I want them to give us all the deleted scenes !!! 

Anyways in the meantime, check out this cute fanart of JY with his KOC twin siblings :love: :  

@SweetButters I wonder why it takes so long to release ep 16 bts. It's usually uploaded as soon as the drama ended. It's been almost Friday again and nothing new to be found. I guess they won't give us for free. They must compile it all for dvd cut maybe. 

Oh JY with Eun Bi or Kka Bi. If only the had shown us his family with his parent divorces was nullified, we would've seen him with the twins. It was wonderful to see him baby sitting them for some short scenes.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hmm..where is @Time loop and @AgentQuake and @Heretorant I usually see them around this time.

Ahhh, there’s a new poll. I’m getting on it right away!!

If anyone is looking for me, I’m officially parked over at the shipper’s thread :lol:

18 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

LGXJTE are having honey-moon here:tounge_wink:

LGxJTE or LMHxKGE?

:lol::lol::lol:

——————————————

I need to have a word with whoever voted for a love story between LJH and JTE! SHE BELONGS TO LEE GON AND LEE GON ONLY!!!!!! :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

It's very rare for dramas to have a second season, and in most cases those are already planned out even before the first season aired (like Arthdal Chronicles, Hospital Playlist).   For that reason, I think the chances of a second season for TKEM is zero.   And I'm not even taking into consideration the fact that the drama did not get high ratings in Korea.

Anyway, I have a question:  I read somewhere that KES usually drops hints about her next project in her current project.  So given that, were there any hints about TKEM in Mr. Sunshine?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

i agree! It was advertised bluntly to us! :lol:

only if you have watched that movie then the meme makes total sense and you get a laugh out of it LOL. This pandemic really shut everyone down from their daily ventures so for me, I had more time to watch kdramas and join my soompi drama threads. I am usually active in dramas I really like. And the most wonderful thing is meeting new friends like all of you here too! Because if we meet again in another thread, we will remember each other :D i mean, WDH does have a new drama coming soon too ;)

@syntyche aww no problem. We all want to also reach the 1000 mark and go beyond because TKEM is beautifully amazing! :wub:

I know @mrsj3n is sleeping and probably @Joanna Alfson and @Elnin Joery are too :D

I am online now i was away for few mins.. I was on the phone.

@SweetButters

It's the same case for many ppl who joined this thread for the first time while for me i returned from hiatus probably 3-4 years hiatus from all Kdramas. I got out of hiatus for LMH 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

right up there with you sweetbutters. i usually just watch dramas as they are and was never interested enough to even discuss it with friends, let alone join a forum . Although i must admit it was WDH who got me even more curious, and like you i never knew he existed lol. The story itself was also really compelling and just very different from the usual kdramas that we watched. My friends first brought up this show because of how bad and complicated it was and they dropped it after ep1/2, they even told us NOT to watch it.   i watched it anyway (cos who wouldn't want to watch LMH) and boy am i glad i did!  Yes it's complicated, but that is precisely why this drama is appealing. 

@SCSfanz Exactly !!! I mean you should have seen me, I was like calling my bf up and talking to him about TKEM and at one point he fell asleep and I was like HELLO I'M TALKING ABOUT VERY IMPORTANT THINGS RIGHT NOW :joy:. And he was the one that actually suggested I should join a forum lol.

Right??? I mean LMH is fine and all lol, but dang where has WDH been hiding all my life?! His acting in TKEM was amazing!!! I mean his acting literally blew me away with his performance as both JY and ES!!! All of his subtle movements (walking, smiling, holding a gun etc.) in both JY and ES was just wow !!! It must've been so hard for WDH to switch back and forth to the Busan accent for ES's character lol. Mad creds to WDH for sure! 

Yea TKEM was very much a unique Kdrama! I have literally never watched a kdrama nor western show that was as complex and intricate as TKEM! I think though some problems with TKEM that caused a lot of people to drop early on was largely due to it being kind of slow pace, having way too many layers, and characters hahah. However, like I said earlier, its a perfect show to watch and experience during a pandemic where you're mostly stuck at home lol. 

21 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@vangsweetie637 See we always got to look on the brighter side of things even when things in the world may seem so dim! Although if I had the magical flute now, I think I would definitely use it to prevent the outbreak from occurring in the first place !!! I of course would hope that yo-yo kid would allow me to remember you all and vice versa!! Hahah I already saw you were in that Its Okay to Not Be Okay forum hahah!! I am sure all of us will be running into each other a lot around here ! Hahah here's to TKEM's magical flute who help to unite people from all around the globe !!! Yas WDH in Hero !! Can't wait !! :heart:

15 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

@SweetButters

It's the same case for many ppl who joined this thread for the first time while for me i returned from hiatus probably 3-4 years hiatus from all Kdramas. I got out of hiatus for LMH 

@Joanna Alfson So glad you came out of hiatus !!!!! :love: The magic of TKEM bringing everyone out !!!!

18 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@SweetButters I wonder why it takes so long to release ep 16 bts. It's usually uploaded as soon as the drama ended. It's been almost Friday again and nothing new to be found. I guess they won't give us for free. They must compile it all for dvd cut maybe. 

Oh JY with Eun Bi or Kka Bi. If only the had shown us his family with his parent divorces was nullified, we would've seen him with the twins. It was wonderful to see him baby sitting them for some short scenes.

@Alice Wonderland Do you think its because they're preparing something EXTRA SPECIAL FOR ALL OF US?!!!! Oh god if its in the DVD cut, how do we get a chance to get ahold of it?? Yea its already Tuesday and so far nothing nada !!! Someone mentioned that if they were to release all the deleted scenes, they could make a season 2 out of it hahah. From what I've seen there was quite a few scenes fans had filmed that never made the cut in a bunch of episodes we saw! 

I'm hoping that if they choose to release deleted scenes there will hopefully be a cut scenes of JY with KOC Eun Bi and Kkabi !!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

23 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

I voted yes for second season it would be unwise if they didn't return for economical reasons and potential 

Right there with you! This is the first time I actually want a network giant to milk off of the popularity of a show and produce another season. Usually I get annoyed when they do that lolol

20 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

LMH is fine and all lol, but dang where has WDH been hiding all my life?! His acting in TKEM was amazing!!! I mean his acting literally blew me away with his performance as both JY and ES!!! All of his subtle movements (walking, smiling, holding a gun etc.) in both JY and ES was just wow !!!

There is one particular gesture that I really loved about his portrayal of Jo Yeong - that subtle head-tilt-to-the-side when thinking gesture. I don't know if y'all remember that, but he did that the first time he talked to Seung-Ah (the scene after LG brought food to TE in episode 5), he did that when he was watching ES cut his hair short (in episode 8, I think), and a couple of other times. I never saw him do that when portraying ES. Clearly shows us how much he (WDH) knows his two characters.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

@SweetButtersyou were right on WDH. Is not easy to switch between ES & JY  characters with all those subtle movements whats more back and forth the Busan accent. I have watched My Country , but did not  realised that is WDH with those hot sexy abs ! :joy:

TKEM is indeed a complicated and confusing drama. My daughter keep texting me, "Mum, i really dont get what is going on".

Should I discontinue ? :joy: .

To me is a good drama, well written and very unique by itself. LMH & KGE really immerse into the charactors very well and not forgetting WDH. He deserved an award.

Kudos to them !

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

49 minutes ago, Heilo said:

We have fanfic crazed people here while some of them are into some strong fanfics :joy: But you are in the right place 

Great! Open to comments and opinions while i start working on chapter 2 :grin:

• Like 2
  • Love 3