[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

plan is, and if we want of course, we can set up a new poll after this one 

That sounds like a great plan to me. 

But there is a scene that is not included on the up and I am sure it would have gotten alot of votes:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

@Thong Thin lol! We had many discussions on why LG was a good shooter vs a bad one haha. The poll closes on Thurs, 10:30 pm :D

3 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

That sounds like a great plan to me. 

But there is a scene that is not included on the up and I am sure it would have gotten alot of votes:lol:

LOL!! I was looking for that scene too but i chose the one closest to it and one that i love very much which led to it (unless we are thinking of two different scenes haha) :lol:

@SweetButters wait..his name was LJ? Haha i just called him LG the Tyrant. Man, when you mentioned “war of the worlds”, it made me remember those machines and the siren that comes on :crazy: (are we talking about the same movie lol )

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

You sure this was the reaction he was looking for because I was thinking to only shock Lee Gon main while the citizens won't know her because she died ages ago unless they bring it up on the media and it starts trending otherwise would be a counter-productive plan. 

I would just like to know your reasoning behind this

Ohhhh I think he's planning to make it public. At least that's what I inferred from his line in episode 15 (in the tunnel with PM koo):

".. You, me, and the late queen who will be raised from the dead. I am going to announce at the mass that there are two worlds, the Kingdom of Corea and the Republic of Korea.."

I'm assuming that the memorial mass for the former queen is a national event, so any announcement is surely to be made in public.

Also I don't think revealing it to LG would do much damage, since LG pretty much already knows about the other world and secrets can be kept within the Royal Court anyway.

BTW I wanted to vote for the night of the treason as one of the best directed scenes but because of the shoes conundrum imma skip that one :phew:

But I must say "LL and LG ”meeting” in the in-between, they run towards their gates to time travel" WAS ONE HELL OF A SCENE

ALSO CAN WE HAVE MAX 3 CHOICES BECAUSE I ALSO WANT TO SEE MAXIMUS AND THE DARK HORSE

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Thong Thin lol! We had many discussions on why LG was a good shooter vs a bad one haha. The poll closes on Thurs, 10:30 pm :D

LOL!! I was looking for that scene too but i chose the one closest to it and one that i love very much which led to it (unless we are thinking of two different scenes haha) :lol:

@SweetButters wait..his name was LJ? Haha i just called him LG the Tyrant. Man, when you mentioned “war of the worlds”, it made me remember those machines and the siren that comes on :crazy: (are we talking about the same movie lol )

@Wis dom @vangsweetie637 what scene ?

@vangsweetie637is there such thing as home delivery food at your place. Over here, during the MCO , we call Grab delivery and  cooked foods arrived at your door step within minutes.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I meant the beheading kiss. How could you forget about that hahaha

tenor.gif?itemid=17296851

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

On 6/15/2020 at 5:58 AM, Joanna Alfson said:

The rest is left to your imagination because now they might even come back for a second season but showing their kids in these 80 years is something that is slightly to far fetched. You should naturally assume all these things took place during these 80 years which becomes unnecessary 

a 2 sec dash of a picture of their fam would do; or a ring on their old fingers would have done it. There are many ingenious ways to do this w/o busting the budget. If only the wirter/s did not sacrifice sense over fan service.

and don't want to be a debbie downer but am not seeing a 2nd season for this for various reasons - casting availability, pandemic, budget, business justification for s02, etc... Would I be happy if ever S2 happens? Of course I will. I love LMH & KGE.

but look, am not convincing anyone of my stand re the ending o TKEM.  I just want to state it.

gee whiz - 15 pp in the shippers thread and 10 pp here to back track - ACK!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Ohhhh I think he's planning to make it public. At least that's what I inferred from his line in episode 15 (in the tunnel with PM koo):

".. You, me, and the late queen who will be raised from the dead. I am going to announce at the mass that there are two worlds, the Kingdom of Corea and the Republic of Korea.."

I'm assuming that the memorial mass for the former queen is a national event, so any announcement is surely to be made in public.

Also I don't think revealing it to LG would do much damage, since LG pretty much already knows about the other world and secrets can be kept within the Royal Court anyway.

BTW I wanted to vote for the night of the treason as one of the best directed scenes but because of the shoes conundrum imma skip that one :phew:

But I must say "LL and LG ”meeting” in the in-between, they run towards their gates to time travel" WAS ONE HELL OF A SCENE

ALSO CAN WE HAVE MAX 3 CHOICES BECAUSE I ALSO WANT TO SEE MAXIMUS AND THE DARK HORSE

That makes sense seems like you have been a close watcher and alert. Happy to run into you as I have few more questions i need and hope not you mind. You even brought the exact quotes and mad respect for that. 

SJ's mom we found out in the last episode that she didn't know about her son being swapped by her husband and the question is what did Lee Lim get in return for swapping sons for him and giving him a healthy one instead of his handicapped son?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

a 2 sec dash of a picture of their fam would do; or a ring on their old fingers would have done it. There are many ingenious ways to do this w/o busting the budget. If only the wirter/s did not sacrifice sense over fan service.

and don't want to be a debbie downer but am not seeing a 2nd season for this for various reasons - casting availability, pandemic, budget, business justification for s02, etc... Would I be happy if ever S2 happens? Of course I will. I love LMH & KGE.

but look, am not convincing anyone of my stand re the ending o TKEM.  I just want to state it.

The ending truly speaks for itself as they grew old together asking for a photo would be slighty reaching for straws:joy:

As for the second season i don't think there is budget issue and could begin filming mid-2021 for a potential late 2021 release probably around Christmas would be a good idea. If KES and co. abandon this project then 10yrs from now they will be scratching their heads thinking damn why didnt we captalize on that monster and being regretful over spilled milk. You streak the sword while its hot

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

To be honest, as much as I love the series, I don’t think S2 will happen. If there’s talk about a potential  continuation, the show wouldn’t have ended the way it did. Besides, WDH is currently prepping for a lead role for an OCN drama - his last project before his military enlistment

If the investors/production studio want to capitalise further, then release Vol 2 of the instrumental OST, and the screenplay.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

@Lmangla many thanks :kiss_wink:

@vangsweetie637 haha. I see. Well. Whatever it is I just want to see LMH oppa soon!!! I like the spin-off or whatever the story as long as oppa is in it. Hahahaha. Both of them could reunite is a bonus. But well, it won't happen anytime soon. 

Oh.. the poll limited to only 3 choices of fave scenes. I have tons of it. It's hard to pick it. And I want to add at least the scene where JTE saves herself from LR's henchmen. Also the night of the treason #3. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

That makes sense seems like you have been a close watcher and alert. Happy to run into you as I have few more questions i need and hope not you mind. You even brought the exact quotes and mad respect for that. 

SJ's mom we found out in the last episode that she didn't know about her son being swapped by her husband and the question is what did Lee Lim get in return for swapping sons for him and giving him a healthy one instead of his handicapped son?

Oh my thanks for that! I hope you had a chance to be here during the height of the discussions though because I am nothing compared to some of the other folks here haha - we had mathematicians and physicists and master theorists lol @SweetButters @Heretorant @AgentQuake @syntyche @gwin @vangsweetie637 @mychoiyoung to name a few but all of the folks here are just insanely attentive and insightful!

Regarding your question:

(1) LL needed a care center in RoK and SJ's father owns one, so he made a deal with him that he will give him a new healthy son in replacement of the old one so the mom would be happy, if he sold the care center to him.

Okay Imma quote again here lol

SJ's father talking to SJ in prison, episode 14

".. We were told Sin-Jae wouldn't wake up, and his mom was utterly devastated. But that man showed me a photo of you. He said he'd hand you over as a bonus if I sold the care center to him."

Typing that just gives me the chills because I hate how LL really took it to the limit and played god.

(2) To get the healthy son, he made a deal with Hyeon Min's (Corea SJ) mother that he would give him the opportunity to have a better life as an employee in the palace if she would give her son to him (whom he promised to give a better life to by giving him to SJ's rich parents in RoK).

9 minutes ago, Kelvin Lin said:

Does anyone know why Lee Gon place a Keycard in Luna's Rabbit costume?Eps 14

Because remember in episode 1 Luna in the bunny jacket was running around inside the horse tracks (or whatever that place is called)? LG saw Luna in that bunny jacket and followed her, eventually leading him to discovering the portal. Future LG had to set that up so his younger self would find the portal.

14 minutes ago, Hikki said:

To be honest, as much as I love the series, I don’t think S2 will happen. If there’s talk about a potential  continuation, the show wouldn’t have ended the way it did. Besides, WDH is currently prepping for a lead role for an OCN drama - his last project before his military enlistment

I am with you here, but I am still hopingggggggggggggg :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, Hikki said:

If the investors/production studio want to capitalise further, then release Vol 2 of the instrumental OST, and the screenplay.

In my honest opinion there is a 50/50 chance for season 2 and it would obviously be without WDH.

LMH and KGE returning to repraise there roles plus new additional characters. 

There is just sooo much to explore and the sky is the limit for this drama. Remember how GoT started out alot smaller compared to it's finale season it kept growing. TKEM started out big but if they continue build on this it can become ridiculous big and must watch series where it will spread via word of mouth. Imagine TKEM continuing for like 4 more seasons just building up more and more suspension. 

Another thing I forgot to mention is that there won't be pressure like first time beacause people already know the characters and are use to it. The only critic will be whether or not that season will top the last season and deliver which will be less pressure for the actors involved because they are doing the same character 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

I loved the ending of TKEM. I will be watching everything over again cause I miss it already.  I do have a few questions:
1. since LG and JY went back to the night of treason and saved the young king how does the young king know about JTE, did they leave her id from the future? 
2. What happened to the initial savior, LG from 2020?

3. How does LG and JY go back to 2020 KoC? Does LG take the flute that LR stole?

I’m sorry about these questions...
By the way, I really loved her Lee Min Ho’s character, Lee Gon, actually started as a humble person. It seems LMH’s past roles have been a rich, arrogant and self centered character. I loved how this time theKing had strong feelings for JTE from the beginning and was very patient with her. Sorry I’m rambling. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this forum. I didn’t feel so all alone while watching TKEM. Now I’m sad cause the show is over. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Haha it's not over until we get ep16 BTS and also I want them to give us all the deleted scenes !!! 

Anyways in the meantime, check out this cute fanart of JY with his KOC twin siblings :love: :  

8 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Oh my thanks for that! I hope you had a chance to be here during the height of the discussions though because I am nothing compared to some of the other folks here haha - we had mathematicians and physicists and master theorists lol @SweetButters @Heretorant @AgentQuake @syntyche @gwin @vangsweetie637 @mychoiyoung to name a few but all of the folks here are just insanely attentive and insightful!

@Wanderer062287 You are causing me to blush hahah!!!! Thank you !!!!!!!!! :kiss_wink:

58 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@vangsweetie637 Hahah yea his name is  "Lee Jin" hahah!  Oh yea thats the movie I was talking about! Hahah i was thinking if there ever was a 2nd season, it would be interesting if somehow the portals got disrupted and all the other LGs found out about how there are other worlds leading them to battle it out. Meaning then they seek to invade KOC to get control of the flute from LG and be King of all the worlds lol. :joy:

Just now, MJM said:

3. How does LG and JY go back to 2020 KoC? Does LG take the flute that LR stole? 

@MJM They got back the same way JTE did.... Yo-Yo kid pops them back to their present time lol. LG after killing LR had the whole flute so then he went back and got JY. At the same time as he's getting JY, he places the whole flute back in the palace. Therefore, when he returned to his present time the whole flute would've been there. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

yea his name is Lee Jin in that newspaper JTE was reading from lol.

Thanks we just ran with the name Tyrant LG but he actully has a name ''Lee Jin'' then we would have to change his name into tyrant Lee Jin of Earth #9 or something just trowing something in there 

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

25 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

I placed my votes but the poll could have used some expansion but nonetheless it was well done poll and I appreciate the fact that it's up there. 

Is everyone keeping their votes secret or we go public with them?:ph34r:

we can go public and share it if you want. I will do it too shortly :D because it will give us all something to discuss about. 

@Wanderer062287 oh no..I wasn’t a theorist or a mathematician or a scientist here lol. I was the drinker and open bar owner :joy: and the one who rented the green dumpster for the finale LOL. 

20 minutes ago, Heilo said:

The writer of the article was definitely a member of the ''Me Too'' movement and very female biased and female centric and willing to overlook all of PM Koo's mistakes in the name of being fellow female 

i agree. There was no mention of her mistakes and greed. That’s why i was like “wow..what is this?” 

22 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

@Lmangla many thanks :kiss_wink:

@vangsweetie637 haha. I see. Well. Whatever it is I just want to see LMH oppa soon!!! I like the spin-off or whatever the story as long as oppa is in it. Hahahaha. Both of them could reunite is a bonus. But well, it won't happen anytime soon. 

Oh.. the poll limited to only 3 choices of fave scenes. I have tons of it. It's hard to pick it. And I want to add at least the scene where JTE saves herself from LR's henchmen. Also the night of the treason #3. 

if the spin off has LMH then oh yeah!! Of course lol. But with second seasons, we will rarely see the same leads :( those two choices you mentioned are on the poll. Did you vote for those choices? 

@SweetButters haha talking about War of the Worlds, there was a meme about someone walking out of the quarantine lockdown only to see those machines outside. It was hilarious. My sister didn’t get it but i told her that she gotta watch the movie first to understand the meme LOL. But man what a sight it would be if we had all the LGs from different worlds come to KOC just do what LR tried to do :D :lol: I would love it!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3