[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

23 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

Probably implied as such bcos lady noh was called interrupter by JTE.hahaha.. 

I remember when MSA was hired, Lady Noh explained thatbshe followed her fanfic story written by Jogon Jogon nim (as in Jo (yeong, lee) gon). I think she must have long written their bromance story as that alias.:joy:

The fanfics will do just fine but what I initially wanted to know is will lady nuh also be supportive of them if she found out they are together and I guess she will come around to it eventually and get convinced by LG to let it slide but how will she react o seeing people she hired having an affair inside the palace while on work 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

I remember when MSA was hired, Lady Noh explained thatbshe followed her fanfic story written by Jogon Jogon nim (as in Jo (yeong, lee) gon). I think she must have long written their bromance story as that alias.

I have watched and rewatched that scene a handful of times but I swear I never caught the meaning behind that Jogon Jogon nickname. How many details have I missed in this drama???

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

I have watched and rewatched that scene a handful of times but I swear I never caught the meaning behind that Jogon Jogon nickname. How many details have I missed in this drama???

I have also completely lost out on this scene perhaps it was due to the subs:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

I think I caught on because after she published the navy uniform bromance picture online (seems like on ig), one of the commenter said.. "omg, Gonjo is real" hahaha. I love them both so much, especially when the girl is so  impromptu and  linguistically badass.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Seo Woo Of 'Hi Bye, Mama!' Made An Adorbs Cameo In 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

seo-woo-jin-the-king-eternal-monarch-hi-

WARNING: *Major* spoilers ahead for Episodes 16 of The King: Eternal Monarch! Don't read if you haven't seen the latest episode yet!

We love it when we spot our K-drama faves make cute cameo appearances in current shows. I mean, the Hallyu world is small so there are bound to be crossoversjust like how four-year-old child actor Seo Woo Jin of Hi Bye, Mama! warmed our hearts again in Episode 16 of The King: Eternal Monarch.

ICYDK, Woo Jin first caught our attention in Hi Bye, Mama!, starring as Kim Tae Hee's loving daughter Seo Woo.

So it was a pleasant surprise for us viewers to see him again, but this time, as Prime Minister Mo's (Baek Hyun Joo) young son! In his scene during The King's finale, Seo Woo is seen ~crashing~ his mom's inauguration as the new Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Corea. He even shares a few adorbs moments with Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho).

So cute! For more Woo Jin x The King content, here are some of his behind-the-scenes pics on the set of the drama:

Eabw7ipVcAEEJaK?format=jpg&name=small

Eabw9NkU8AIlcpB?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

Eabw_KeUYAI4N0Y?format=jpg&name=small

EabxApfVAAAgiL2?format=jpg&name=small

EabxTHdUwAAeieU?format=jpg&name=small

EabxUSaU8AAuqML?format=jpg&name=small

EabxVS2VcAEvUU0?format=jpg&name=small

Hi Bye, Mama! and The King: Eternal Monarch are available for streaming on Netflix.

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/seo-woo-of-hi-bye-mama-made-an-adorbs-cameo-in-the-king-eternal-monarch-a483-20200615

• Like 4
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

The fanfics will do just fine but what I initially wanted to know is will lady nuh also be supportive of them if she found out they are together and I guess she will come around to it eventually and get convinced by LG to let it slide but how will she react o seeing people she hired having an affair inside the palace while on work 

In one scene, Lady Noh said to JY " do you know your type?" and that left JY speechless after his ramblings that JTE is not Peyha's type. I guess Lady Noh knew that JY also wears his heart on his sleeve. Only he didn't realize that yet at that point. I have the impression that Lady Noh wasn't against any affair that will NOT directly affect LG as the Emperor.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I like it a lot!

Cried and laughed a lot.

Breaks my heart whenever KGE cries.

But 

Hide contents

The ending sucks big time!!!!!!!!! :angry:

I am there for KGE while ending won't bother me at all since in my mind she has always been with LG or is LG's girl:tounge_wink: I will imagine that he will come out of the portal in the end

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

Thinking about Season 2 possible scenarios. We know Yoyo boy entrusted flute to LG as the right and just king so perhaps he could use LG to fix other worlds e.g. get rid of tyrant LG in the other universe and this time Prince Buyeong takes over or a good LR. :lol:

If LG fights tyrant LG, we will see villain LG killed by our prince charming LG? Huhuhu! So we get our wish to see LMH act as a villain.

Go to other worlds to save them from a pandemic.  Like Avengers?? Protect the worlds?  Or we can see a simpleton LG rescued from bullies from our prince charming. He can act dual roles. Help JTR  meet LG in that world. I dunno, some ideas.  

I like to imagine that in some of the different universes similar scenarios/stories play out but differently in some core aspects

Another possible scenario/story idea:

Something I would love to see is a story where another version of LG or LJH (He looked so good! He needs a story where he sometimes wears that uniform :D) is the long lost (kidnapped/hidden) heir of another Kingdom of Korea. JTE being the royal guard who finds him. Maybe they met as kids, similar to LG and JY. But the coup happens (no magic though in this universe) and the uncle Prince hides LJH away, but maybe the uncle dies. No one knows the young prince is alive, he doesn't even know he is the heir and then JTE (who is still amazing, bold and clever) finds him. The first episode's ending being similar to TKEM episode 1's ending but in reverse. And they take on another version of LL, there is political intrigue, romance of course and thriller aspects. Lots of awesome action scenes. JTE being his bodyguard for a while! I could go on. 

LJH's character arc can be about finding his true place in the world. Also the moral of the story can be that he is the rightful King, because as opposed to others he doesn't really want to rule/have a lot of power.

"Those who seek power are not worthy of that power"

For JTE it can be a story about redeeming her family or dad but also more importantly stepping out of their shadow and becoming her own person. Perhaps her dad in this universe was one of the royal guards in charge of protecting the young prince. So it is very personal for her to take down the kidnappers/LL etc. Bit of a revenge aspect 

Edit: A lot of comedy can be derived from LJH not believing JTE when she tells him he is the rightful, missing, King :lol: and some good angst could come from the fact that they fall in love but JTE as his bodyguard is meant to protect him with his life. Could also be a source of some good character conflict ;). I quite like the idea of LJH being a fish-out-of-water adjusting to being a King when he's grown up quite poor. 

Haha, this became quite an extensive post. I just really love the inventive and creative concepts and scenarios that were explored in TKEM. I find it difficult not to continue spinning on about them :lol:

• Like 5

WATCH: Behind-The-Scenes of "The King: Eternal Monarch" + Captivating Soundtrack

watch-behind-the-scenes-of-the-king-eter

Experiencing PDS (post-drama syndrome)? We got you! As you reminisce the Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun's eternal love, let's watch their funny side during the filming while listening to "The King: Eternal Monarch" soundtrack that tugged at our heartstrings.

As an additional treat, we get to witness the breathtaking scenes as the lead cast shows us their comical sides and lighthearted moments with one another. Lee Min Ho exudes charisma as he smiles and laughs whenever something amuses him. At the same time, Kim Go Eun gives off her funny side and easily breaks into laughter in-between scenes.

watch-behind-the-scenes-in-the-king-eter

Woo Do Hwan, on the other hand, earned unanimous praise for his good acting in this drama. He showed how he worked hard and enjoyed each moment with his co-stars. He provided fun in any scene he was in, making him a true scene-stealer with his perfect portrayal for each of his two roles.

Spoiler

watch-behind-the-scenes-in-the-king-eter

Watch and enjoy the cast's fun behind-the-scenes below!

Spoiler

Striking Soundtrack Brings Love and Memories 

Soundtracks augment the best of each scene in any film or drama and make the whole story perfect than it can ever be. Even after airing its finale, fans still can't get enough of it, and listening to the hits takes you back to the moments shared by King Gon and Tae-Eul.

"My Love" by GUMMY

In episode 12, the OST is popularized by GUMMY. It was the scene where King Gon rushed to see Jung Tae-Eul and confessed his love. Also, this part was where he gave her the flower and wished he can protect her.

Spoiler

An excerpt from the song translated into English:

"It doesn't turn out the way my heart desires

Love in a faraway place

My heart can only admire

A connection that passes by in a moment...it is not.

Like this, I stay by your side

Promise me that you will linger

You who is like a wave of dreams

My love that is taken in

Left deep in my heart

I remember you"

"Please Don't Cry" by DAVICHI

The song reflects Jung Tae-Eul's longing for King Gon's affection. They encountered many challenges, and as she grew to love him, time kept them apart. It was in episode 6, where Jung Tae-Eul ran towards King Gon and hugged him tightly.

Spoiler

Kim Go Eun's acting prowess has always been impeccable as she can draw emotions from any angle. The song and her emotions with Lee Min Ho would make you cry.

"You're My End and My Beginning" by Kim Jaehwan and Im Han-Byul

The song from Kim Jaehwan and Im Han-Byul's combined soothing vocals would make you feel the intense love between King Gon and Jung Tae-Eul. It brings out the feelings of two people, trying to control their fate to be together.

Spoiler

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118107/20200615/watch-behind-scenes-king-eternal-monarch-captivating-soundtrack.htm

• Like 5
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Orientalfan said:

I like the ending though....the email which was opened indicated that they would be together...and yeah...i wanted KGE to get both ML leads. She got chemistry with both of them....

I was devastated when he initiated the break up and went offline on her.

For me, I wouldn't even bother to send him email at all since he wants to "find himself"

I'm so mad!

@Geolyvseven yes yes. CCTV room. Hahahaha.

I really love melodrama the best. LOL

@Joanna Alfson Yes. I actually like the 2nd male lead. They feel more at ease with each other in my opinion and he definitely won't make her cry as much as the first male lead.

@Heilo It's still a nice drama in my opinion. KGE only has 3 drama under her belt so I think Cheese In a Trap is nice. Goblin is nice too but the age gap.. can be a problem for some.

TKEM IS JUST PERFECT because KGE's character as JTE is super awesome.

She's brave, she's beautiful,  she's awesome!

And with LG... OMG.

I shipped them very very hard!!!

Alright.. I have many many pages to catch up.. il catch up another day since I'm going to bed! Hahahaha

Goodnight all!!

Hopefully I can rewatch The King from episode 1 tomorrow again if work is less hectic!

Watching episode 16 gives me all the good feelings... 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

LOL.

Not sure what the author is smoking...

But I do agree we have fun demanding

:joy:

Hahaha You were faster then me. I edited but you catched it before I edited. It's just an irrelevant article and found it to be ridiculous 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, ms_inquiry said:

I think one of the best aspects of LG and JTE's relationship is how much they make each other laugh. In episode 16 there is quite a lot of funny moments but also in episode 15 at the hospital and of course when they are flirting next to the field in earlier episodes. TKEM started with death and trauma and seems now to have ended with life and laughter.

They are way too cute, that's all I really wanted to say :D

For me it's basic and it depends on if we are talking about LeeEul or MinEun. 

As for me MinEun they are both goofy Individuals and they both seem fast on the tricker and can go places in each others presence and this is one of the things that make them fit all that goofy behaviour. She seems shy sometimes but in truth she is goofy

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

amazing video...:):wub:

Awww thanks for sharing, we all saw JY's loyalty towards LG but sometimes i wonder how LG react if he ever lose JY. Like yes he's the bodyguard, he's supposed to take the bullets for him but is he really ok with that?

3 hours ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Wow guys, i missed this detail too! I mean like i don't even remember this even being mentioned before. Now that we are all familiar with the characters and the plot, i'm pretty sure we will catch more of what we previously missed 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, SCSfanz said:

Awww thanks for sharing, we all saw JY's loyalty towards LG but sometimes i wonder how LG react if he ever lose JY. Like yes he's the bodyguard, he's supposed to take the bullets for him but is he really ok with that?

life will be empty somehow for him if he were to lose JY because they are together 24/7 literally since they were like 5-6 years old

• Like 3