[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

@vangsweetie637 

I got up around 03:00 then went back to sleep and now I am up. It's morning in my place now 09:48 to be exact. I see that you hanged up the poll but where is my scene where they cross into KOC on his horse? I protest hahaha Just kiddin but good list anyways. :joy:

@syntyche

You welcome :heart::thumbsup:

I knew you would mention that scene hahaha :joy: perhaps we should make an exception and add that one to the poll

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Whoa. Watching that bts of the cctv kiss, why do i feel so cheated? Like it was longer than what we got and the angle was better than what we received?

Producer-nim:

giphy.gif

First, you had KGE(TE) block her hand from the jacket of doom reunion kiss, and now you gave us more of the back of LMH (LG) than the front of the cctv kiss! I should throw you into the dumpster just once too! :lol:

@Alice Wonderland haha true but man I can’t even remember my first oppa now. My heart holds many Oppas that they are all my first. Again, in the action of Anh Yoona:

UltimateConfusedArabianwildcat-size_rest

i must run to all my Oppas :joy:

alright chingus. It’s 2am now. I must sleep now.

goodnight!! See you all later ;)

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

11 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I knew you would mention that scene hahaha :joy: perhaps we should make an exception and add that one to the poll

Hahahaa. You are right tho. 

giphy.gif

There are couple of scenes I would have liked to be added such as the beheading kiss, CCTV kissing and alot of the hugs and skinship

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

15 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz At first I was kind of questioning LG's loyalty to JY, meaning I know JY would protect LG no matter what, but I wasn't sure if LG would do the same for him. However, in ep 16, when LG mentioned to JTE that he had to go back and get JY that's when it solidify the idea that LG would do the same for JY because LG loves JY too. JY is like his little brother to LG since he was 8!! 

2 hours ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz 

Spoiler

Exactly !!! I mean you should have seen me, I was like calling my bf up and talking to him about TKEM and at one point he fell asleep and I was like HELLO I'M TALKING ABOUT VERY IMPORTANT THINGS RIGHT NOW :joy:. And he was the one that actually suggested I should join a forum lol.

Right??? I mean LMH is fine and all lol, but dang where has WDH been hiding all my life?! His acting in TKEM was amazing!!! I mean his acting literally blew me away with his performance as both JY and ES!!! All of his subtle movements (walking, smiling, holding a gun etc.) in both JY and ES was just wow !!! It must've been so hard for WDH to switch back and forth to the Busan accent for ES's character lol. Mad creds to WDH for sure! 

Yea TKEM was very much a unique Kdrama! I have literally never watched a kdrama nor western show that was as complex and intricate as TKEM! I think though some problems with TKEM that caused a lot of people to drop early on was largely due to it being kind of slow pace, having way too many layers, and characters hahah. However, like I said earlier, its a perfect show to watch and experience during a pandemic where you're mostly stuck at home lol. 

@vangsweetie637 See we always got to look on the brighter side of things even when things in the world may seem so dim! Although if I had the magical flute now, I think I would definitely use it to prevent the outbreak from occurring in the first place !!! I of course would hope that yo-yo kid would allow me to remember you all and vice versa!! Hahah I already saw you were in that Its Okay to Not Be Okay forum hahah!! I am sure all of us will be running into each other a lot around here ! Hahah here's to TKEM's magical flute who help to unite people from all around the globe !!! Yas WDH in Hero !! Can't wait !! :heart:

@Alice Wonderland Do you think its because they're preparing something EXTRA SPECIAL FOR ALL OF US?!!!! Oh god if its in the DVD cut, how do we get a chance to get ahold of it?? Yea its already Tuesday and so far nothing nada !!! Someone mentioned that if they were to release all the deleted scenes, they could make a season 2 out of it hahah. From what I've seen there was quite a few scenes fans had filmed that never made the cut in a bunch of episodes we saw! 

I'm hoping that if they choose to release deleted scenes there will hopefully be a cut scenes of JY with KOC Eun Bi and Kkabi !!!!

@SweetButters I just learnt the art of multi-quoting so i'm backtracking everything i wanted to reply instead of spamming 100 individual posts. lol 

When LG beheaded LR , they showed the next scene of him riding out looking for TE, my first thought was like.  HEY WAIT WAIT WAIT!  did you forget JY and left him to bleed and die? i'm glad he didn't LOL I wonder how he managed to bring JY and the horse back though. PIggy back him? what about the horse? Ok, i'm thinking way too much HAHA

Also your bf is so sweet! honestly my bf hates WDH cos he's jealous. Everytime i say WDH he's like  "i really hate him" :joy: so i guess i have to continue my fangirling  in this forum.

@vangsweetie637  @SweetButters i hope WDH accepts the role in Hero (provided the script is good). I was just looking at some of his old articles that soompi put out in the past, Article 1 he gets offered a role and Article 2 the role is confirmed! let's hope it would be same this time round. The synopsis looks interesting. 

i'm not familiar with DVD cuts of korean dramas, do they really release deleted scenes? If they exist that would really be wonderful.

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

SJ’s mom never knew about the swap and this was hinted way earlier in the episodes. LR promised to swap the son for the exchange of the care center. This deal was between the dad and him only. I believe this care center was the source of where they put the doppelgängers’ dead bodies. We saw this through PM’s doppelgänger in the freezer when TE and SJ were searching the center.

Edit 2

@SCSfanz WDH is a very good actor. I discovered him in Tempted and really liked the way he played out his character there. The way he played JY and ES was impressive and amazing. You can totally tell their personality apart just by the acting itself. That’s why I loved JY/ES differently. JY as the bold, cool bodyguard of LG and ES as the wacky-tacky friend of TE :lol:

@vangsweetie637 

Wow i missed that detail on the care center too. How did i miss so much? 

I am rewatching my country cos he was just so good in there. saving up the rest for later in  case he disappears from our screens and heads off to military lol. Plus i don't know if i want to see him kiss another girl that is not nari/msa HAHA!

=================

I still wonder what PM did in ROK other than checking out Nari's cafe. 

also who voted for maximus/dark horse couple in the poll :joy:  Although i had a theory if maximus and dark horse were left in the past and they had a baby. that can be TE's horse. Our queen needs a horse too right? 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Hahahaa. You are right tho. 

There are couple of scenes addition I would have liked beheading kiss, CCTV kissing and alot of the hugs and skinship

Now that i think about it... these scenes shouldnt go up on the poll since the category is for best cinematography :tounge_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

https://zapzee.net/2020/06/16/lee-min-ho-tops-the-popularity-chart-of-korean-actors-with-hallyu-influence/

Lee Min Ho Tops the Popularity Chart of Korean Actors with “Hallyu Influence”

by krishkim 

F0F733F0-3DB8-44B1-B08E-2BB2D612F7E5.jpg

Credit: MYM Entertainment

Actor Lee Min Ho showed off his strong Hallyu influence by becoming the “No. 1 Korean actor” with an overwhelming number of followers on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Weibo.

According to MYM Entertainment, the actor’s agency, Lee Min Ho is currently the “Global Top Actor” with the largest number of SNS followers among Korean actors who lead the Hallyu wave, showing a high level of popularity beyond imagination. As the best example, the number of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter followers reached 17.3 million, 16.6 million, and 3 million, respectively, while Weibo surpassed 28.5 million followers as of June 16. This is the best record among all Korean actors.

Especially in the case of Weibo and Facebook, Lee Min Ho is an overwhelming No.1 Korean artist, including singers and actors, proving his immense global popularity.

Even after SBS’s The King: Eternal Monarch, his popularity has been on the rise. In Netflix, the drama topped the weekly ranking of TV shows in numerous countries, including Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Nigeria. In Japan, India, Chile, and the Dominican Republic, it maintained the top spot in the popular content category, realizing his global status.

Among them, the most prestigious Netflix chart is “World Ranking,” which collects and announces all data from about 190 countries. The King: Eternal Monarch, starring Lee Min Ho, showed off its potential by coming in 9th, adding to the spread of K-content and the Korean Wave craze.

Source (1)

• Love 6
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Now that i think about it... these scenes shouldnt go up on the poll since the category is for best cinematography :tounge_wink:

These scenes were what I call masterpiece ''CINEMATOGRAPHY''or EROTICTOGRAPHY'' Whatever it is it belongs up there.

0F_deaconess-first-lady-effect-650x610.g

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

FOR THE POLE

I chose Night of Treason 3. For me it was very effective than Night of Treason 2. Why Because I think LG always has this nack of doing and Solving things himself and doesn't like to involve JTE/JY when they Want to Really HELP. Both will give their life if it meant LG is alive.

JY straightforward nay say to his Pyeha's order showed His one true mission in his life, i.e to make sure HIS FRIEND/KING Survives even if he has to die, his sole purpose is to see his Pyeha happy. 

^^ Reason I chose Scene where JY higs and saves baby LG.

And also 2nd time freeze where JTE was tying up her hair and autmn leaves falls, that was the very first scene which made me fall in love in TK:EM Trailers.

---------------------------------------------------

I don't want a S2 per say just because of the apprehension, it will lead to more chaotic storyline if extended. This one itself had a lot of loopholes but ties up in a fairytale manner, I am happy with that. So NO for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not S2 but Spinoff with My option of love triangle with LJH-JTR-Tyrant LG still stands, that makes a compelling story and also JY-MSA. ES had much more fleshier scenes in JY here, I would want the second lot to be fleshed out more.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, madmad min said:
Spoiler

FOR THE POLE

I chose Night of Treason 3. For me it was very effective than Night of Treason 2. Why Because I think LG always has this nack of doing and Solving things himself and doesn't like to involve JTE/JY when they Want to Really HELP. Both will give their life if it meant LG is alive.

JY straightforward nay say to his Pyeha's order showed His one true mission in his life, i.e to make sure HIS FRIEND/KING Survives even if he has to die, his sole purpose is to see his Pyeha happy. 

And also 2nd time freeze where JTE was tying up her hair and autmn leaves falls, that was the very first scene which made me fall in love in TK:EM Trailers.

I don't want a S2 per say just because of the apprehension, it will lead to more chaotic storyline if extended. This one itself had a lot of loopholes but ties up in a fairytale manner, I am happy with that. So NO for me.

Not S2 but Spinoff with My option of love triangle with LJH-JTR-Tyrant LG still stands, that makes a compelling story and also JY-MSA. ES had much more fleshier scenes in JY here, I would want the second lot to be fleshed out more.

You would have voted 100-times yes for LOTBS S2? Should we count your vote as objective or just overlook it as biased? :mrgreen:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

@SweetButters When LG beheaded LR , they showed the next scene of him riding out looking for TE, my first thought was like.  HEY WAIT WAIT WAIT!  did you forget JY and left him to bleed and die? i'm glad he didn't LOL I wonder how he managed to bring JY and the horse back though. PIggy back him? what about the horse? Ok, i'm thinking way too much HAHA

Also your bf is so sweet! honestly my bf hates WDH cos he's jealous. Everytime i say WDH he's like  "i really hate him" :joy: so i guess i have to continue my fangirling  in this forum.

@vangsweetie637  @SweetButters i hope WDH accepts the role in Hero (provided the script is good). I was just looking at some of his old articles that soompi put out in the past, Article 1 he gets offered a role and Article 2 the role is confirmed! let's hope it would be same this time round. The synopsis looks interesting. 

@SCSfanz Funny thing you mentioned that because in a fan shooting vid there was both LG and JY's horse filming a scene on the beach/in between place, but atlas they left it off during the final cut of the episode!! This is what I mean when I say they literally cut out so much !!!!

HAHAHAHA! I wouldn't blame your bf for being jealous either !! My bf has sent me numerous eye rolling emojis when I send him pics of JY lol. My bf said: "That guy has got nothing on me, I'm way taller than him and plus my abs looks better than his" hahaha to which I said "Well hey, you're literally hours away and bc we're in a pandemic, I haven't seen you for months now". A girl has got to have some eye candy in a tv show in the meantime lol. LG/JTE's relationship is describing all my long distance relationship feels during the time of a pandemic honestly haha. Ohhhh I would love it if WDH got confirmed for hero !!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

33 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@SCSfanz Funny thing you mentioned that because in a fan shooting vid there was both LG and JY's horse filming a scene on the beach/in between place, but atlas they left it off during the final cut of the episode!! This is what I mean when I say they literally cut out so much !!!!

HAHAHAHA! I wouldn't blame your bf for being jealous either !! My bf has sent me numerous eye rolling emojis when I send him pics of JY lol. My bf said: "That guy has got nothing on me, I'm way taller than him and plus my abs looks better than his" hahaha to which I said "Well hey, you're literally hours away and bc we're in a pandemic, I haven't seen you for months now". A girl has got to have some eye candy in a tv show in the meantime lol. LG/JTE's relationship is describing all my long distance relationship feels during the time of a pandemic honestly haha. Ohhhh I would love it if WDH got confirmed for hero !!!

@SweetButters There was such a video? omg where did you see it? I need it NOOWWWW LOL

your bf has better abs than WDH? now i'm jealous, my bf's abs are still under construction :joy:

Also thank you for posting that new BTS! OMG WDH is so funny LOL! i think he's a ES/JY mix

38 minutes ago, madmad min said:
Spoiler

FOR THE POLE

I chose almost the same options as you. Except instead of JTE tying her hair, i chose the LG saving JTE with his army. 

Also as much as i love the story, i don't want a S2 as i doubt they'll be able to get all the characters back together  based on the casts' schedules and all. Also , they wrapped up the drama to a near perfect ending and if they re-visit it again, i think it'll cause more confusion and perhaps more critics from haters which i would hate to see. 

A spin off would be nice, or even if the same OTP is cast in another different drama. Just like how the grim reaper and sunny got cast in another drama after globin ended. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. This is the last time I will merge your posts - next time you'll receive a official warning.
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

You would have voted 100-times yes for LOTBS S2? Should we count your vote as objective or just overlook it as biased? :mrgreen:

Nope NO for LOTBS S2 as well, it had virtually NO storyline for continuation ,only OTP worked along and had a proper farewell, You may want to take as you wish. :innocent:

I would Like a TKEM SPINOFF not S2. I did say so :D 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Nope NO for LOTBS S2 as well, it had virtually NO storyline for continuation ,only OTP worked along and had a proper farewell, You may want to take as you wish. :innocent:

I would Like a TKEM SPINOFF not S2. I did say so :D 

I like your idea of LJH-JTR-LG-T love triangle but they can be included in S2 as major characters and plotline within S2 but the return of LG-JTE is the driving force of this show.

They could explore so many things with them two and the 3 others you mentioned as additional characters. Something like going 100-200 years into the future for exploration or 2050s WW3 Scenario or even where they go to the past you can literally take this show everywhere you want and it would fit into the plot due to the flute giving them access to go places. 

They can also change the genre of the drama slowly in second season making it more action based where LG-JTE fight for their lives to save there kingdom etc etc. The potential is limitless 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

43 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I like your idea of LJH-JTR-LG-T love triangle but they can be included in S2 as major characters and plotline within S2 but the return of LG-JTE is the driving force of this show just because they are together doesn't mean they can't carry on the show. 

They could explore so many things with them two and the 3 others you mentioned as additional characters. Something like going 100-200 years into the future for exploration or 2050s WW3 Scenario or even where they go to the past you can literally take this show everywhere you want and it would fit into the plot due to the flute giving them access to go places. 

They can also change the genre of the drama slowly in second season making it more action based where LG-JTE fight for their lives to save there kingdom etc etc. The potential is limitless 

I truly agree with this. 

I hope we jump into the series on the first episode where LGXJTE have a 2 year old heir and both living in KOC. 

Than from there on the characters you mentioned can have equal amount of time on the screen where both arcs run there course side by side without meeting for the first 5-6 episodes until the major arcs clash and face together the major threat or denger ahead or as you said could be a disaster like WW3. 

But the budget has to be big in order to capture WW3 and i think they should get a budget somewhere near 40-50mio USD this time filming 2 seasons on one go each 10 episodes 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I truly agree with this. 

I hope we jump into the series on the first episode where LGXJTE have a 2 year old baby and both living in KOC. 

Than from there on the characters you mentioned can have equal amount of time on the screen where both arcs run there course side by side without meeting for the first 5-6 episodes until the major arcs clash and face together the major threat or denger ahead or as you said could be a disaster like WW3. 

But the budget has to be big in order to capture WW3 and i think they should get a budget somewhere near 40-50mio USD this time filming 2 seasons on one go each 10 episodes 

You are right about the budget it has to increase this time and KES should try to go bigger with more adventures on the storyline and world building

• Like 3